Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752144 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4616) (4617) (4618) (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2018
charlesemeka85:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eggY3v7Infg

Uche Ikpeazu, the battering ram is looking good here oo, but Hey! It's the Scotish league, nothing really special though his team tops the Table. This is one bullish youth sensation that couldn't make a step up from youth football to men/professional football while in England. Dude was a total fiasco in England at all division, hence he was somewhat a journey man moving from one tier 2&3 club to another on loan without any success. He showed promises growing up just like a certain Chuba Akpom but these two are yet to prove themselves professionally to deserve any look in for the national team. I wish him the best even with his awkward surname(Ikpeazu) that I guess is causing him hard luck.

Icon4s na ur village boy be this ooo. grin

Ur brother wey get same name dun do civil servants 30, back home. Dude dey owe workers like die
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros these things are not cast in stone. Players selection cannot be automated. The coaching crew will always invite players based on their discretion.

And discretion in the context of Nigeria means the opportunity to abuse due process.

Which means nepotism, favoritism. Egunje, back handers, corruption, etc,etc .

Once you do no not have rigorous and strong compliance structures in Nigeria. One thing is guaranteed,, IT WILL BE ABUSED.

Does anyone disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2018
andrew444:

English teach spotted

Your shallow brain suppose tell you say I dey remind you because I know when you called for his invitation I quoted you that he didn't deserve to be invited

Now I am reminding you once again but I guess you are too dumb to know

Clap for your self English teacher.

Yes u said he aint ready yet for a call up, no wahala. So, be my witness, did I just start calling for his inclusion yesterday after his goal abi na since wey the list come out with Ighalo's name on it? Be sincere, we no dey fight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Yes u said he aint ready yet for a call up, no wahala. So, be my witness, did I just start calling for his inclusion yesterday after his goal abi na since wey the list come out with Ighalo's name on it? Be sincere, we no dey fight.

Lol

I said he doesn't deserve because he has only play 17 minutes this season.

Mind you am a fan of success,not that a 17 minute player cannot be call up but if you look at our options up front with the like of onyekuru and kalu you will understand.

The last time I checked idowu has played no minutes this season but he is in the team

Trying to show you my reasons

Peace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2018
komekn:

And discretion in the context of Nigeria means the opportunity to abuse due process.

Which means nepotism, favoritism. Egunje, back handers, corruption, etc,etc .

Once you do no not have rigorous and strong compliance structures in Nigeria. One thing is guaranteed,, IT WILL BE ABUSED.

Does anyone disagree
There is no process that is not abused in Nigeria. Even if there is due process, they still give leeway for abuse

That is why in admissions, aside merit list, you will still see thins like Staff list, VC list and others. There is always a special 'quota' for people. They probably run the same quota thing in NFF

It is not like all the players do not merit a place because just like with admissions, there will be a merit list, but there will be some player who will be chosen based on say dem know person.

I don't know if this is done in other parts of the world, but merit list and quota list is a thing in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2018
andrew444:

Lol

I said he doesn't deserve because he has only play 17 minutes this season.

Mind you am a fan of success,not that a 17 minute player cannot be call up but if you look at our options up front with the like of onyekuru and kalu you will understand.

The last time I checked idowu has played no minutes this season but he is in the team

Trying to show you my reasons

Peace

Ba yawa, but, u no answer my qstn, did I start calling for his inclusion just because of his goal yesterday? Yes or no
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Ba yawa, but, u no answer my qstn, did I start calling for his inclusion just because of his goal yesterday? Yes or no

No

You called for his inclusion before the goal,am a witness

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
Seyi Ojo joins Reims on loan. Would u rather he left for a championship club than a relegation fighting team in the ligue 1?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Whether you asked for Isaac Success to be selected 7 months ago or 2 or 3 years ago.

The question ❓ ❓ remains.

Is there any rational basis or justification based on merit, for the selection of a player who has essentially been a " Waste Man " since he entered the EPL. He arrived to the EPL with a transfer fee of £12.5 million on 2016.

And before you start to throw your characteristic abuse and vile rhetoric. Consider the facts 23 games and 1 goal in the EPL. He was largely unfit something that should never happen to any serious professional footballer. In any score card assessment is that not a failed investment.

Then his attitude very Questionable. Then add petrol to dry fire wood, he went to go and be fighting with prostitutes in a hotel after doing three some.

Oh wow things have changed DRAMATICALLY he scored against next to the bottom club in the Championship.

In my view he has just started the engine of his formerly dead car and has a lot to prove. Not least his attitude and behaviour.

Can he do it, a resounding YES, but he needs to show continous consistent improvement with discipline and diligence. Then he needs to be playing in the EPL regularly and proving himself competent as a regular in the first team not a permanent bench warmer.

I would rather have a consistent, outstanding top performing goal scorer in English league two or any other league for that matter. Than a " Waste Man " in the EPL.

Until then for me he is a No, No, for now, then when he does it I will be the first to call him, "BALLER"

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
Icon4s:

I noticed the poor lightings too both on the pitch and in the stands. For the lighting in the stands, I understand it is because finishing touches are still being made which includes the lighting at the stand. But for the flood lights mennn... they really need to do something about it. Either by providing more flood light stands or by changing the lighting bulbs of the existing ones.

Maybe they were using NEPA because it seemed like low current or something. The pitch is world class. Oga I am not trying to be funny but the quality of the football was poor. Enyimba has still not replaed Kinsley Sokari and that is evident as the team barely have a plan going forward. The long balls were ridiculous, they were not even aiming anywhere in particular.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
safarigirl:
There is no process that is not abused in Nigeria. Even if there is due process, they still give leeway for abuse

That is why in admissions, aside merit list, you will still see thins like Staff list, VC list and others. There is always a special 'quota' for people. They probably run the same quota thing in NFF

It is not like all the players do not merit a place because just like with admissions, there will be a merit list, but there will be some player who will be chosen based on say dem know person.

I don't know if this is done in other parts of the world, but merit list and quota list is a thing in Nigeria

In England there is only merit for UK students, but there is a foreign student % intake set aside for them. That means they are not subject to the same pre-requisite requirements.

Foreign students make a lot of UK universities financially viable without them the universities would struggle. Every year in the UK you have over 120,000 Chinese students alone studying here. That equates to £3 billion in generated revenue. School fees per annum £12k on average. Add accommodation and that's another £5k, etc, etc,

If you are to add the other Foreign students then we are talking of a revenue generated in excess of £10billion.

With regard to corrupt practices that's TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE and there is Zero tolerance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
No disrespect to Isaac but he took that goal like Kelechi. If people in Granada see this they will be shocked because the knock on him always was his lack of composure in front of goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:
Seyi Ojo joins Reims on loan. Would u rather he left for a championship club than a relegation fighting team in the ligue 1?

Ligue 1 and they are not fighting relegation yet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

If your quest is to go get to the EPL. Then playing in the Championship is your best bet.

A good Championship club give you leverage to get into the EPL if you perform and stand out.

Are you sure about Reims is it official i.e. terms have been agreed and accepted. ❓ I only heard about it on Monday and wasn't sure he was going to take up the offer. As there were some other alternatives.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Maybe they were using NEPA because it seemed like low current or something. The pitch is world class. Oga I am not trying to be funny but the quality of the football was poor. Enyimba has still not replaed Kinsley Sokari and that is evident as the team barely have a plan going forward. The long balls were ridiculous, they were not even aiming anywhere in particular.

Down here, u ignorantly attacked me for saying the bolded earlier enough. I wonder why u had to conform now abi u dun follow dey diss the local league?

ChrisKels:
Enyimba and their funny first touches. This team is technically poor. See kick and chase. Dem just dey baloon ball aimlessly into the air. I wonder if they came to this game with strikers sef. Only thing thrilling me is their shinny stadium

BascoVanVeli:

I would have been surprised if u had said anything else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Ligue 1 and they are not fighting relegation yet.

Did you have a look at MK Dons ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
gamaliel9:

Asec Mimosa wanted to change that route but in the long run...they ran down...the French have a strong grippe on Francophone countries...some of these clubs..do not be surprised...are given jerseys,balls,and other training paraphenalia...they will be so happy...some transfers are done in local currency....1000euro is about 550,000CFA...when you give a club 5000euro...thats huge to them....because most players are paid 30,000CFA[11,000 a month]....i have lived in certain francophone countries....very lazy i tell you and the French love it...

Exactly and we all know that won't fly in Nigeria with people who will even want more than market value. Enyimba has priced out so many foreign clubs but I can't blame them because they are running a business not a charity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
komekn:

In England there is only merit for UK students, but there is a foreign student % intake set aside for them. That means they are not subject to the same pre-requisite requirements.

Foreign students make a lot of UK universities financially viable without them the universities would struggle. Every year in the UK you have over 120,000 Chinese students alone studying here. That equates to £3 billion in generated revenue. School fees per annum £12k on average. Add accommodation and that's another £5k, etc, etc,

If you are to add the other Foreign students then we are talking of a revenue generated in excess of £10billion.

With regard to corrupt practices that's TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE and there is Zero tolerance.

This one is called Federal Character in Nigeria. The percentage thing is based on State of Origin, that is why a student from the East stands 10% chance when applying for admission in a Northern school, and a Northern student will have 50% when applying in same school and vice versa even if their results are same.

The quota I'm talking of doesn't have anything to do with government policies, which this foreign quota system obviously does. This quota in Nigeria has to do with connections and more often than not the Merit list may take up 30% while the Connections will take up 70%

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
komekn:

Did you have a look at MK Dons ❓

Funny enough I actually search for their match against Bournemouth but it wasn't streamed or at least I couldn't find it. Saw the result though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
No disrespect to Isaac but he took that goal like Kelechi. If people in Granada see this they will be shocked because the knock on him always was his lack of composure in front of goal.
lol..... You're right on this. When I saw the goal the first thing that came to my mind was the goal Kelechi scored against Zambia in the WC Qualifiers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Is this a compliment bro? I am not understanding why u started with "no disrespect"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Down here, u ignorantly attacked me for saying the bolded earlier enough. I wonder why u had to conform now abi u dun follow dey diss the local league?

Conform on what? Look quality of play doesn't mean the players are poor it is more about the coach. Man u players were not poor but LVGs philosophy was.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Is this a compliment bro? I am not understanding why u started with "no disrespect"

Yea but some do not like being compared with a peer and may see that as a diss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
safarigirl:
lol..... You're right on this. When I saw the goal the first thing that came to my mind was the goal Kelechi scored against Zambia in the WC Qualifiers

Cool, calm, and collected.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Yea but some do not like being compared with a peer and may see that as a diss.

Ko si wahala. I am glad the boys are gradually coming good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Which do you think it's better ?

But the French league is not that bad,it's a loan even if they will be relegated he won't remain there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Comment I made on April 11, 2016

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018/11#44608593

He was to be in CHAN but suffered a career threatening injury and to think this is only his 3rd game since return. At a point he put Enyimba on his shoulders and willed them into the quarter finals.
NPFL top scorer and CAF Champions league top scorer, the guy knows his way to the net but what we didn't know was that he is a complete player and he is also a natural leader.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Funny enough I actually search for their match against Bournemouth but it wasn't streamed or at least I couldn't find it. Saw the result though.

Look at the way they play the speed, intensity and passing movement. If you can find a full match better.

Most teams in league two will play with emphasis on speed and physicality. So it becomes very difficult to play good technical football, however if you can, then stepping up becomes much easier. That's why Ebere Eze has found the step up to the Championship much easier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Please what is Enyimba's third choice goalkeeper doing in the national team? undecided

Enyimba's list of keepers in their pecking order;

1- Theo Afelokhai

2- Dauda

3- Ezenwa

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
If this is true, then, I pray it goes through because Okonkwo is super talented.

Nigeria U20 Coach Target Highly Rated Arsenal & England Youth International Goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo

Nigeria are aiming to lure 16 year old Arsenal goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo to the U-20 team despite his presence statue as a player for the U17 team of England, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Coach of the Nigerian team Paul Aigbogun is based in London with his family, where he plans to hold talks with players of Nigerian descent who are representing various youth teams in England in view of calling them up to his team.

We gathered Okonkwo is among the players pencilled down for talks as the Nigerian team who are already through to the African Youth Championship are looking for more options in the goalkeeping area of the team.

Okonkwo, who is already 6ft 5in, is seen as one of Arsenal’s most promising youngsters with a genuine chance of making the first team and is regarded highly in the England set-up.

Okonkwo is keen to stay at Arsenal but the club’s purge on contracts means they stand to lose him as he can walk away as a free agent in the summer.

Arsenal have offered him a scholarship with a professional contract to follow when he turns 17 in September but no agreement has been reached.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:
Please what is Enyimba's third choice goalkeeper doing in the national team? undecided

Enyimba's list of keepers in their pecking order;

1- Theo Afelokhai

2- Dauda

3- Ezenwa

As in the thing tire me bros,I no no where to start from

Ezenwa is not even having game time yet he is always being called up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KpagoGIN(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
andrew444:

As in the thing tire me bros,I no no where to start from

Ezenwa is not even having game time yet he is always being called up
Just take a chill and be rest assured the day Ezenwa gets delisted it have end be that, it just a matter of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4616) (4617) (4618) (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Napoleon55(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.