Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679345 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4647) (4648) (4649) (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
spot on bro, he is very talented no doubt about that but we have to stop the hype and allow him progress.
ChrisKels:
Una still dey for this yeye debate about KC Nwakali? Lol him no merit the invite but that doesn't mean he aint talented. Dude is hugely talented but hasn't proven himself yet, professionally to merit an invite, that said, I av bn impressed by his performance so far for Porto B, hence I am tipping him to make the step up to their main team, soon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2018
Warri! But all this monitoring rumors eh...

charlesemeka85:
Former Warri Wolves Feeders midfielder, Igbekeme James Omonigho has made his third consecutive full competitive appearance for Spanish Segunda Liga side, Real Zaragoza in the Spanish Segunda División since making his move from Portugal.

The highly gifted midfielder was a star performer in his team's 1-1 home draw with visiting Las Palmas at the Estadio de la Romarenda on Saturday.

Known as Otele James in Nigeria, James Igbekeme played all 90 minutes in Zaragoza's 2-1 home win over Rayo Majadahonda on 19 August and also in the tie against Reus Deportiu away from home at the Estadio Camp Nou on 25 August.

The tricky midfielder who started his career at All-Stars FC Effurun at Uvwie LGA of Delta State was a teammate of Super Eagles World Cup Star, Oghenekaro Etebo at Warri Wolve Feeders before making his move to Portuguese side G.D. Ribeirão in 2013 through the efforts of Nigerian scout Paul Ojo.

Igbekeme James Otele signed for fellow Portuguese LigaPro side Gil Vicente F.C. in June of 2017 and made his league debut on 6 August 2017, starting and scoring the winner in a 2–1 away defeat of FC Porto B.

He eventually moved to Spain joining Zaragoza on a four-year deal in June 2018.

The 23-year-old is currently being monitored by national handlers as he is being considered for a possible future invitation to the Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Joel Obi really balled in the midfield for Chievo today (his first start), against Empoli. I hope he and Onazi translate their respective weekend showings to the Eagles against Seychelles.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Celtic have announced the signing of former Arsenal teen Armstrong Okoflex.

Celtic have confirmed the signing of Okoflex on a three-year deal.

The 16-year-old, who was born in Dublin, progressed through the ranks at Arsenal, and has represented the Republic of Ireland and England at U16 level.

Okoflex, who has been training with the Hoops, says the prospect of playing under manager Brendan Rodgers was a major factor in his decision to sign for the club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
As old as Nkoulou is, dude still dey ball real good, for an African Centre back, born and brought up in Africa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
hope aina is doing well?
ChrisKels:
As old as Nkoulou is, dude still dey ball real good, for an African Centre back, born and brought up in Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
Take it or leave it, Isaac Success is back. In the 20mins he spent on the pitch today, dude was real good especially on the ball.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
charlesemeka85:
hope aina is doing well?
Yea, though as a LWB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Senegal has a goal keeper(Amigo Alfred Gomis) who is a starter in the Serie A with SPAL, yet, they went to the world cup to embarrass themselves with n'diaye of Horoya? Nawa oo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
I wonder what PSG saw in Maxim Eric Choupo Moting of Cameroun to sign him from Stoke even though he couldn't save his former team from relegation. Nawa oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
andrew444:

Free transfer from Chelsea,and he is British so he can be given a try.

He also got a good World Cup,which is the u20 World Cup.

Are you trying to tell me all the players Liverpool buy are good players ? Or all the players purchased by a certain clubs are good players ?

Solanke was not purchased with money.

If he is that good why did Chelsea not offer him a new contract ? Just the way they offer loftus cheek a new contract? If I am not mistaken they are both English boys and they are from the youth team.

Solanke will not even make others team in Epl bench

Solanke didn't go to Liverpool for free. Even if he went for free, what is problem? Pogba no go Juventus for free? cheesy

Chelsea offered him a new contract but he refused to sign.

Yes! Dominic Solanke will not make other teams EPL bench but where is Liverpool? grin Afghanistan league!? grin Hello! Look below grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
ChrisKels:
I wonder what PSG saw in Maxim Eric Choupo Moting of Cameroun to sign him from Stoke even though he couldn't save his former team from relegation. Nawa oo

I think Stoke City's problem ran deeper than players because they had individual talent in that squad, just couldn't put it all together

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I think Stoke City's problem ran deeper than players because they had individual talent in that squad, just couldn't put it all together

The managerial change midway through didn't help matters either. Personally I think Stoke and Swansea are a level or two above the other championship teams and will easily make it back to the premier league if they can be consistent, the championship lasts longer than the Epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
forgiveness:

Solanke didn't go to Liverpool for free. Even if he went for free, what is problem? Pogba no go Juventus for free? cheesy

Chelsea offered him a new contract but he refused to sign.

Yes! Dominic Solanke will not make other teams EPL bench but where is Liverpool? grin Afghanistan league!? grin Hello! Look below grin

Pogba was world class at juventus and regular

Oya ask your self if solanke was world class at Chelsea and regular ?

Oga solanke signed for Liverpool upon the expiration of his Chelsea contract so what are you saying ? It's a free transfer man stop lying

Okay it no b free transfer now much them buy am ?

Being truthful will not kill you okay,abi na 20 million pounds Liverpool buy am ?

Please tell me something I don't know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
In our CM/DM roles, we are stacked with Options so Billing may have to wait a bit longer (also consider he needs to siwtch allegiance). He cannot displace Ndidi, Etebo or even an Onazi at this point. Those lads are way ahead of Billing in talent and experience.

But for our AM role, K.Nwakali is an option and can prove a savvy one too. This is why when you ask why Billing was not called up and why Nwakali was called up... It only exposes your little or no understanding of what Rohr is trying to accomplish or address.

Billing offers nothing creatively so would it be wise to call him up because he plays for Huddersfield in the EPL when we already have more than enough CM/DM guys? See? Think man... Think. smiley

Billing's time will come but right now, we got another midfield matter to try address and Billing is not suited for it.

Na WA ooooo. Billing is less talented. Hmm

What is an independent observer's opinion? Whoscored ratings below.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
isan:
Ola Aina start for Torino today

A youth player plays his first season of senior football in the Championship for Hull gets accolades as the best RB arguably he then goes to Torino and in no time is a starter.

What should we then call Aina, SUPER INCREDIBLE TALENT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
comodo:

Live dog & dead lion which one I go take. I'd rather take live dog. Upon all d tutorials & handouts & opportunities wey de solanke don get from 4 years reach now, him dey where him dey. U think say if Nwakali get such him for Neva blow. Abeg leave refuse for lawama. Lizard wey go be male, we dey know am from pikin.

Liverpool fc has truly world class players top notch internationals. Firmino and Sturridge stand in the way of Solanke.

It's going to be almost Impossible for him to displace those players. He almost has to negatively pray they get Injured.

If I was him a loan move to the continent and or a lower EPL club is a better option.

But in terms of career progression Solanke is far ahead, Nwakali is playing essentially youth football in Porto B.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
andrew444:

Pogba was world class at juventus and regular

Oya ask your self if solanke was world class at Chelsea and regular ?

Oga solanke signed for Liverpool upon the expiration of his Chelsea contract so what are you saying ? It's a free transfer man stop lying

Okay it no b free transfer now much them buy am ?

Being truthful will not kill you okay,abi na 20 million pounds Liverpool buy am ?

Please tell me something I don't know

Did Pogba moved without money ManU to Juventus? Use your brain.

Now, read.

CHELSEA ACCEPT LIVERPOOL’S OFFER FOR DOMINIC SOLANKE

2 months ago 34,861 reads 2 min read
Michael Regan/Getty Images Sport

Liverpool have finally agreed a fee with Chelsea for Dominic Solanke, a year after he left the Blues, as reported by the Echo.

The fee will remain undisclosed, although it seems a compromise has been met at a valuation between the £3m which Liverpool wanted to pay and the £10m that Chelsea were asking for.

Solanke had been in the youth set-up at Chelsea since 2004 but made just one first-team appearance for them before his contract expired.

Julian Finney/Getty Images SportJulian Finney/Getty Images Sport

He decided that a move away from Stamford Bridge was in his best interests and his decision seemed to be justified as he made 27 appearances for the Reds, albeit with most of those coming from the substitutes bench.

Chelsea and Liverpool have been locked in talks about the compensation for Solanke for over a year and it looked like the issue was about to be taken to the Professional Football Compensation Committee.

However, the two sides can now put the issue to bed and look forward to the rest of the summer transfer window.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://readchelsea.com/2018/06/28/chelsea-accept-liverpools-offer-for-dominic-solanke/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjQ5reLqZ3dAhVNz4UKHW_kAMkQFjACegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1ucz77e3l_FzaqkNtJzmaL&ampcf=1&cshid=1535925974503

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
comodo:

Solanke win motm 2015. Win this win that. As okeke go soja finish, wey him Booth dey. Abeg comot coins for road make I count money. Wetin we dey do with past impossible tense. Wetin him dey do now.?? Person wey dem use seat belt tie for bench.

Wetin dis one dey yan?

E better make em take seat belt tie for Bentley (Liverpool) dan made him dey roll expired tyre(Porto 2) with bear hands. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
JoebieII:
He has done nothing to merit a call up is not tearing the player down.. it's a relative statement. compared to others. you have made your points which are cogent as well.

Nwakali has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to justify a call up to the SE.

Look at players who have played in the championship and lower and performed, do you see any descending to the depths of anonymity and failure to go and play essentially U23's football as Nwakali has in Porto B.

That's demotion in real terms so after demotion a player is rewarded with national team call up.

Putting all biased sentiment aside is that not ABSURD for goodness sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Former Warri Wolves Feeders midfielder, Igbekeme James Omonigho has made his third consecutive full competitive appearance for Spanish Segunda Liga side, Real Zaragoza in the Spanish Segunda División since making his move from Portugal.

The highly gifted midfielder was a star performer in his team's 1-1 home draw with visiting Las Palmas at the Estadio de la Romarenda on Saturday.

Known as Otele James in Nigeria, James Igbekeme played all 90 minutes in Zaragoza's 2-1 home win over Rayo Majadahonda on 19 August and also in the tie against Reus Deportiu away from home at the Estadio Camp Nou on 25 August.

The tricky midfielder who started his career at All-Stars FC Effurun at Uvwie LGA of Delta State was a teammate of Super Eagles World Cup Star, Oghenekaro Etebo at Warri Wolve Feeders before making his move to Portuguese side G.D. Ribeirão in 2013 through the efforts of Nigerian scout Paul Ojo.

Igbekeme James Otele signed for fellow Portuguese LigaPro side Gil Vicente F.C. in June of 2017 and made his league debut on 6 August 2017, starting and scoring the winner in a 2–1 away defeat of FC Porto B.

He eventually moved to Spain joining Zaragoza on a four-year deal in June 2018.

The 23-year-old is currently being monitored by national handlers as he is being considered for a possible future invitation to the Super Eagles.

Unfortunately he is not doing enough, he needs to go and play in the U23's team for his club and the NFF esteemed faceless scouting crew and Rohr will notice him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
ChrisKels:
Una still dey for this yeye debate about KC Nwakali? Lol him no merit the invite but that doesn't mean he aint talented. Dude is hugely talented but hasn't proven himself yet, professionally to merit an invite, that said, I av bn impressed by his performance so far for Porto B, hence I am tipping him to make the step up to their main team, soon.

I doubt if this is ever going to happen going by the setup of the present Porto team. Kelechi Nwakali's move to Porto was a wrong move only time will reveal. As much as I wish him well, playing for a B side of a team like Porto isn't such a good deal for a player with such huge talents. I will say this is one ill-advised move. This is just my opinion tho

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Situation better than Nwakali?? Seriously? A guy who is finding it hellish getting into match day squads?? What makes his inactivity better? Because he is at a far bigger club? Abegii.. That is gobbledygook. Nwakali is seeing consistent gametime in the ledman liga pro. Solanke is being silently frozen out at Liverpool... Simple fact... And when Nwakali was being torn down here you didn't speak up but you doing it now because Comodo is saying the truth about Solanke's out-of-matchday squad role? Oh please...

Look up, you will see Solanke played 27 games last season. Fact

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
I'm back Beer parlour analysts here !!!! You guys banned me since after the averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee3eeeee3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee team was ousted at the Mundial but only to release me just in time for the next match. Isn't my God wonderful ? I want to keep away from this Thread but doing my sentence days ,some Averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee3eeeee3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee team analyst here gave me mentions so now I will honour it honourably.

Damn,it feels good to be back to do the Lord's work on the Lord's day.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2018
ChrisKels:
Simple as that. No one is doubting his talent but the likes of Ebere Eze should've also gotten a look in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07am On Sep 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Look up, you will see Solanke played 27 games last season. Fact

So you are blind to see that we were talking this season huh? Who doesn't know about his run last season in Sturridge's and Origi's absence yet he achieved nothing worthy of note in all those appearances he made... He didn't ruffle feathers or make any headline unlike another we both know who took his chances even in cameos and made his mark on the EPL in his first senior season. But even at that, I am not talking 2017/2018.. I am talking 2018/2019... You just dey dodge dey go... Anyway, it is your talent.

For 2018/2019, Solanke has Zero appearances and has Zero impact as it stands. He also has not made the matchday squads so far this season. We still await that. Time waits for no man in football... What you did last season is quickly forgotten... Lol... Is that not what your mate, Komekn loves to say when deriding our indigenous-born Naija players based in Europe? grin

So until then, no bother me with this Solanke issue abeg... I am focused on active super talents like Nacho, Kalu, Awoniyi, Aina, Onyekuru, Iwobi, Ndidi, Ekong, Idowu, Etebo and many more super talented players and prospects who are available to us both capped and uncapped. No bring me to this Solanke channel again Biko... It is boring, unexciting and lifeless. Biko excuse me u hia... **Clicks**

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:23am On Sep 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Na WA ooooo. Billing is less talented. Hmm

What is an independent observer's opinion? Whoscored ratings below.

Lol... What about last season's full stats naa? Why you dey cowardly use stats from only opening four games of a new season huh? smiley

Why do just love to dodge the WHOLE TRUTH? Is it genetic for you to do so Egbon? wink
Without even checking their career stats, it is more than obvious that Billing is behind Etebo, Onazi and Ndidi in terms of experience, talent and exposure. And guess what... Stats do not tell the whole story right? So even judging by their individual attributes based on what we see and watch, I still maintain that Onazi, Etebo and Ndidi are way ahead of Billing. That is indisputable. Won't even argue it out.

Is he talented and a good prospect? Oh yes he is... But the truth is that we are not lacking in options in the CM and DM roles so bringing him in would only be to come increase our pool of quality options with eyes on the near future and long term also.

I brought Philip Anyanwu Billing to the attention of this thread even though I had known about him for a while before I mentioned him here many hundreds of pages back so I know I am right to say he is still behind our major options in those CDM roles but can be a good addition for us as he is still growing and young. His potentials are exciting but he is not Ndidi's mate.. not Onazi's mate... And certainly no mate of Etebo. Finito.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27am On Sep 03, 2018
Osimhen Wants More Game Time For Sporting Charleroi
By Johnny Edward

One cap Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen is delighted to have made his first appearance for Sporting Charleroi in the Belgian Pro league division on Saturday but adds he dreams more action on the pitch for the club, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Osimhen was subbed on in the 78th minute of Charleroi’s 3-1 home win over Royal Excel Mouscron, replacing Jeremy Pervert. He also bagged his first yellow card in the 81st minute of the match.

Osimhen who is on a season loan deal from German Bundesliga side, VFL Wolfsburg tells Completesportsnigeria.com
that he wants to fully justify the faith his manager has in him.

“I’m glad to be back and I’m getting ready for more playing time because I need to prove a lot and repay the good faith my coach has in me,” he states.

He also expresses confidence that the three time African Champions, the Super Eagles will overcome Seychelles in Saturday’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Victoria.

“We have a good chance of winning on Saturday with the talent we have, but the most important thing is that we qualify for the African Nations Cup in Cameroon.”

Source: CSN

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:38am On Sep 03, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
komekn:

A youth player plays his first season of senior football in the Championship for Hull gets accolades as the best RB arguably he then goes to Torino and in no time is a starter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2018
komekn:

This is progression. Moving from the Championship to the Serie A and perhaps the premier league next season.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:55am On Sep 03, 2018
Unfortunately it is true Sir Royalty. Just look up and still see him having his head in the ass of that Facts-Twister called Southgate.
It is really irritating seeing folks who cannot do their own thinking but believing every nonsense some known liar on here spills.
A man who takes Joy in playing down & tearing down the potentials and positive vibes of indigenous-born Nigerian talents some of which are K.Nwakali, Samuel Chukwueze and even K.Iheanacho, all at different points in time. I tell you my good man, that man Komekn is an enemy of Core Nigerian football of non-euro extraction. All he knows are English-born Nigerians, English-made sauce and English-made anything. He is limited to just England thus he scorns anything not of English touch.

Humility017:

please tell me the bolded is not true...please tell me bro.
so unfortunate what a JSS1 student will understand with ease many adults with degrees still can't comprehend it.

these nwakali debate will soon be over....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:59am On Sep 03, 2018
Samuel Kalu: Blitzing his way to the Super Eagles
By Dami Ugbane, Special to KweséESPN

If Super Eagles new boy Samuel Kalu makes his Nigeria debut away to Seychelles in this week's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, the Bordeaux winger will join a growing list of talented youngsters to have progressed to the national team without playing in the domestic league.
That will represent a remarkable achievement in a quest which began 32 months ago for Kalu, whose childhood dream, just like any other young aspiring footballer in Nigeria, was to play for the Super Eagles.
The 21-year-old, fresh from the renowned GBS Academy, made a direct switch to AS Trencin in January 2016, continuing a recent tradition which has seen relatively untested Nigerian kids use the Slovak side as a career springboard.

For a player who had no prior European football experience, Kalu found solace in the company of compatriots Kingsley Madu and Rabiu Ibrahim, who obviously played a huge role in his accelerated integration in his first year outside Nigeria.

A return of four goals in 32 appearances convinced Gent of his qualities, leading to a transfer to Belgium 12 months later, an apparent move which ought to have paved the way for the departure of Moses Simon.

The hardworking forward became an instant hit in the Jupiler League with his surging runs, crosses, dribbles, work-rate, assists and goals.
Kalu's consistency led to speculation of a move to a bigger club or an international call-up, two feats he ultimately achieved within a fortnight.
While Kalu's maiden Super Eagles invitation might not have come entirely as a surprise, he could now be viewed as a potential replacement for Victor Moses, who announced his international retirement last month, rather than a replacement.
However, while Kalu and Moses might have similar playing styles, the former actually has the potential to be a goalscoring wideman more in the ilk of John Utaka.
In only his second Ligue 1 appearance of the season at the Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux, Kalu terrorised the AS Monaco defence on several occasions with his blistering pace, strength, sublime skills and desire to beat his man rather than go to ground.

Despite missing a late penalty which he earned - a testament to the trust his teammates have developed in him within a short spell in the team-Kalu's impressive all-round contributions; two shots on targets, fouled four times and 64 touches have made him an instant hero among the Bordelais fans.
Rohr must certainly be excited about the prospect of working with a player who he's monitored for some time, and who has so much to offer the national side.
Against relatively feeble opponents, Kalu has the quality to step into the forward line and introduce a valuable new dimension to the Super Eagles.

Certainly, the game against the Seychelles should represent the start of an encouraging relationship between player and national side.

Source: KweseESPN

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4647) (4648) (4649) (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dymusty86, Philosopher1979 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.