Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11922834 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4707) (4708) (4709) (4710) (4711) (4712) (4713) ... (16331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:33am On Sep 12, 2018
hahahahahahahahaha! i still don't see anything special about the kid
ChrisKels:

Lol Emmyboy no kee person ooo abeg grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Who be James Debbah? Hahahaha

Modified
Weah’s former teammate, 48 year old James Debbah was also fielded by Liberia, and some of us — maybe Rohr as well — are taking notes from the “friendly”.

Rohr for kuku enter pitch for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:06am On Sep 12, 2018
The game against Liberia was an insult to all the young chaps in the team, looking to create an impression

Rohr and Pinnick ought to apologise to the players and the entire country for such a waste of time. If I was fielded against men old enough to birth me, I would be livid. What kind of nonsense is that? Couldn't Pinnick find some less busy oldies to field? How do you make young men fly all the way from their various clubs to come and play Weah? That is pure nonsense. And the publicizing of the match is even more ridiculous.

I feel bad for all those boys who got on that pitch expecting a game

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:40am On Sep 12, 2018
safarigirl:
The game against Liberia was an insult to all the young chaps in the team, looking to create an impression

Rohr and Pinnick ought to apologise to the players and the entire country for such a waste of time. If I was fielded against men old enough to birth me, I would be livid. What kind of nonsense is that? Couldn't Pinnick find some less busy oldies to field? How do you make young men fly all the way from their various clubs to come and play Weah? That is pure nonsense. And the publicizing of the match is even more ridiculous.

It was not that bad. There were 2 old men but the others were professionals. At the end of the day, it was more like a testimonial than a friendly.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:46am On Sep 12, 2018
safarigirl:

Rohr and the NFF probably never had the insight that Weah and Debbah will be playing.

They were invited for an international friendly to honor George Weah, Liberia's president. And Rohr felt it is an opportunity to test his fringe players.

The lessons has been learnt going forward.

Our next game is barely 3weeks away. That should be the focus right now. I hope to see: Mikel, Simon, Ekong and Iwobi fully back for that game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

He did not play in the midfield. He played on the right.

Etebo, Ndidi and Joel played in the middle.

Was Nwakali not wearing number 10 jersey?, most times I saw him was when he drifted to the middle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2018
Glad we won yesterday despite that we never envisage it to be a testimonial game.

Either way. It was played for 90mins, FIFA game rules was also adhere to. I don't see any reason for anyone to overlook players performances in the duel.

There is no difference between the match and the one against Atletico own. They all belong to the same grade.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:35am On Sep 12, 2018
Icon4s:

Rohr and the NFF probably never had the insight that Weah and Debbah will be playing.

They were invited for an international friendly to honor George Weah, Liberia's president. And Rohr felt it is an opportunity to test his fringe players.

The lessons has been learnt going forward.

Our next game is barely 3weeks away. That should be the focus right now. I hope to see: Mikel, Simon, Ekong and Iwobi fully back for that game.
Hmmm... With Iwobi and Simon back, one of Kalu and Henry will have to make way.
Rohr doesn't see Iwobi as an AMF and Ighalo is already destined to lead our attack again.

As much as I don't like to admit this, we are in for a very long thing under Rohr.
Imagine Success hitting top gear before next match. Ighalo and Simmy scoring in our previous two matches and Nacho hitting the upright from a resulting free kick that later led to a goal(now our set pieces taker) Rohr will rather call up the above regulars as is 9 despite delivering 3 goals in total in the last one year.

I'll advice Lookman to keep whatever card he is playing close to himself, keep his head down and continue to churn out top performances hopefully luck will smile on him cos that way, he is assured of being called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Icon4s:

So Monday James, Siasia's 2005 U20 player, too na Maracana product? U no say we done graduate from Maracana long ago. I no see those younger generations.

Of course not all Maracana products got to play for the SE but the ones I know and saw playing (and played with and against some) ended up as high fliers in the SE. Samson Siasia, Emmanuel Amuneke, Sunday Oliseh and Taribo West. Martins was a product of the Orile sand field but also played mock nations cup at Maracana. Others like Bina Ajuwa, Kelvin (Kachi) Amuneke and Ugochukwu (wowo) Chukwunyere were also handed debuts but injury finished some like Bina.

Football development seems to have dipped in AJ. Na football academies dey produce players now. No more street football.

Me go like go back go visit that Maracana one day too. E don Tay o. So boys don turn am to Colombia now. Na wa o.

Did u ever here about Atine and Duru? Those two bros then play pass Emma Amuneke o. But just like Moi they didnt end up playing professional football.

Very impressive and informative write up, Fab.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2018
forgiveness:

Nobody is looking the way of Kayode Olanrewaju. A Sharktar Doneskt player. A club ranked number 11 in Europe. Yet no one looks his way. Why?

He needs to play in the B team then he will be more promising.

Particularly as Shaktar Donesk has a both a historical and current record of doing very well in the Champions league. And has churned out a lot of world class players over the years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Joebie:
Rohr would be stupid to make conclusions from this game. The whole thing is a joke.

Agreed without reservation or question
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2018
AIG07:
Hmmm... With Iwobi and Simon back, one of Kalu and Henry will have to make way.
Rohr doesn't see Iwobi as an AMF and Ighalo is already destined to lead our attack again.

As much as I don't like to admit this, we are in for a very long thing under Rohr.
Imagine Success hitting top gear before next match. Ighalo and Simmy scoring in our previous two matches and Nacho hitting the upright from a resulting free kick that later led to a goal(now our set pieces taker) Rohr will rather call up the above regulars as is 9 despite delivering 3 goals in total in the last one year.

I'll advice Lookman to keep whatever card he is playing close to himself, keep his head down and continue to churn out top performances hopefully luck will smile on him cos that way, he is assured of being called up.

Kalu potentially has taken up Victor Moses' space in the squad. Onyekuru has always been in the squad even before the WC and even with Simon and Iwobi present.

What I just need is for Rohr to start the process of converting Onyekuru to a striker. The wings are already congested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2018
komekn:

Particularly as Shaktar Donesk has a both a historical and current record of doing very well in the Champions league. And has churned out a lot of world class players over the years.

Hahahahahaha! The bolded is hilarious. Lmao. grin grin grin grin Chai!

Actually, he is in the first team but injury is keeping him out of action. He will be back this month.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2018
Last night...i never knew i could research online like this this....i went to all african television that had live streaming...non was playing that match...i even went to US...Liberia mentors...non was playing...i came back to Liberia tlelevisions....still blank..then that link from naijaplayers came up....it was then that i realised the reason the match was taken off air internationally....

One newspaper called it international ceremonial friendly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2018
Icon4s:
madam confun has come to say hi to us.

I sight u o.
lol, tx Chief, I always come around quietly, I dey enjoy the discussions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2018
confun:
lol, tx Chief, I always come around quietly, I dey enjoy the discussions.

Well then. Good to know you are always around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2018
Joebie:
The National team is becoming a joke to me seriously

Hahahaha! Una never shi shumthing. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2018
Icon4s:

Kalu potentially has taken up Victor Moses' space in the squad. Onyekuru has always been in the squad even before the WC and even with Simon and Iwobi present.

What I just need is for Rohr to start the process of converting Onyekuru to a striker. The wings are already congested.

Don't you think all that wit and creativity will be wasted in the 9 position?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2018
Yesterday's game was just a complete waste of time... What if one of the players got injured ??

The home based players should have been sent to Monrovia instead.. we have two very important game in three weeks times and Pinnick took such stupid decision..rubbish!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2018
Who else noticed Argentina blistering football in two matches without Messi in the past one week?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2018
komekn:

Kayode is injured.... This has been established already

He has not played a game so far, that is like asking us to look towards Sarenren Bazee who is in a similar position to him.

You and this your boyfriend will just be doing "I support you" without verifying anything, talk about prejudice and emotive bias

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2018
safarigirl:
Kayode is injured.... This has been established already

He has not played a game so far, that is like asking us to look towards Sarenren Bazee who is in a similar position to him.

You and this your boyfriend will just be doing "I support you" without verifying anything, talk about prejudice and emotive bias

It seems the irony of my comments went flying ✈ over your head.

Thus your comments.

How you attach emotive bias and prejudice to a statement that's tongue in cheek sarcasm is beyond me. In this regard who is being irrational, emotive, unbalanced and prejudiced

A classic case of leaping before looking.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by stanbillion200(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2018
I don't think Ighalo should still be keeping his starting position in the Super Eagles because there are no good results from his end.
Even against a team like Sychelles that he could have scored from open play he could still do nothing.
Ahmed Musa should be given the Number Nine role. And Ighalo should be coming in later in the match.
Musa is not a stranger in the number 9 position because he used to pplay there when he was at CSKA Moscow.
Playing Ighalo as our main Number 9 is just a watse of time and goal scoring opportunities.
As for our wings, I think Moses Simon, Kalu Samuel and Henry Onyekuru are big wizards there. Iwobi should be taken to the AM role.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:31am On Sep 12, 2018
23 man list for Libya games.

1. Ezemwa
2. Uzoho
3. Akpeyi
4. Omeruo
5. Balogun
6. Troost
7. Awaziem
8. Idowu
9. Aina
10. Mikel
11. Onazi
12. Ndidi
13. Ogu
14. Joel
15. Etebor
16. Simon
17. Iwobi
18. Ighalo
19. Iheanacho
20. Simy
21. Ahmed
22. Onyekuru
23. Kalu

If he wants 25 man list. Then two players will added.

Before that time, we will see Nigerian players in the league, UEFA champions league and Europa league. If dey do well, they should be considered while the underperforming once on that list should be removed.

These players are Isaac Success, Kayode Olanrewaju, Dennis Bonaventure and Noah Bazee.

The players that are suspect that needed to be replaced are Odion Ighalo, Simy Nwankwo, Kelechi Iheanacho and Ogu. grin

Yes!

Noah Bazee for Kelechi Iheanacho

Kayode Olanrewaju for Simy Nwankwo

Denise Bonaventure for Ighalo

If Isaac Success comes in he will compete with Kalu on the right wing.

I want Phillip to take Ogus place with immediate effect. grin

Elimination by substitution. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2018
komekn:

Thus your comments.

How you attach emotive bias and prejudice to a statement that's tongue in cheek sarcasm is beyond me. In this regard who is being irrational, emotive, unbalanced and prejudiced

A classic case of someone saying many things, but essentially saying nothing.

Kayode did not get a look in because of injury, that is it. The sarcasm you used was uncalled for, considering there is actually a legitimate reason why he has not been looked at. Perhaps, if he had played some games, then your sarcasm would be appreciated.

Try again on the sarcasm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2018
forgiveness:

23 man list for Libya games.

1. Ezemwa
2. Uzoho
3. Akpeyi
4. Omeruo
5. Balogun
6. Troost
7. Awaziem
8. Idowu
9. Aina
10. Mikel
11. Onazi
12. Ndidi
13. Ogu
14. Joel
15. Etebor
16. Simon
17. Iwobi
18. Ighalo
19. Iheanacho
20. Simy
21. Ahmed
22. Onyekuru
23. Kalu

If he wants 25 man list. Then two players will added.

Before that time, we will see Nigerian players in the league, UEFA champions league and Europa league. If dey do well, they should be considered while the underperforming once on that list should be removed.

These players are Isaac Success, Kayode Olanrewaju, Dennis Bonaventure and Noah Bazee.

The players that are suspect that needed to be replaced are Odion Ighalo, Simy Nwankwo, Kelechi Iheanacho and Ogu. grin

Yes!

Noah Bazee for Kelechi Iheanacho

Kayode Olanrewaju for Simy Nwankwo

Denise Bonaventure for Ighalo

If Isaac Success comes in he will compete with Kalu on the right wing.

I want Phillip to take Ogus place with immediate effect. grin

Elimination by substitution. grin
Kids, this is why you should always be sober before posting online.

Drink Responsibly angry

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2018
SlayerForever:

Don't you think all that wit and creativity will be wasted in the 9 position?

If u play him as false 9 it will not. Musa and Simon also have Onyekuru's kind of activities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2018
safarigirl:
Kids, this is why you should always be sober before posting online.

Drink Responsibly angry

Haba, but that was harsh mennnn..... I don't see anything in that comment that would warrant this response.

Relax Sis.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2018
komekn:

Thus your comments.

Easy bro. No vex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2018
forgiveness:

Hahahahahaha! The bolded is hilarious. Lmao. grin grin grin grin Chai!

Actually, he is in the first team but injury is keeping him out of action. He will be back this month.

I should add after being more promising he will then be elevated to SPECAIL TALENT and selection will become mandatory.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2018
safarigirl:
A classic case of someone saying many things, but essentially saying nothing.

Kayode did not get a look in because of injury, that is it. The sarcasm you used was uncalled for, considering there is actually a legitimate reason why he has not been looked at. Perhaps, if he had played some games, then your sarcasm would be appreciated.

Try again on the sarcasm.

Once again your presumption in the negative shows your parochial and limited view.

This was sarcasm and tongue in cheek rhetoric that is about Kayode in the past, present continous and future.

Not just the immediate NOW that you have decided to underpin your view on.

It is something to laugh about in a light hearted ♥ sort of way, but you decide to catch fire instead.

Shall I call the fire brigade for you to quench this fire or play Eazi 4 u, to spray you holy water make your fire quench❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2018
Icon4s:

Haba, but that was harsh mennnn..... I don't see anything in that comment that will would warrant this response.
he is busy calling players wey never even kick ball to replace players that are kicking ball.

Na people wey dey recover from injury, some never even recover finish, and players that there is little to no feelers that NFF will reach out to them in a space of three weeks. If you want to propose players, propose the ones that are feasible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4707) (4708) (4709) (4710) (4711) (4712) (4713) ... (16331) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, CornOak(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.