Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11758509 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) (4911) (4912) (4913) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
Humility017:

you waste time reply him.
some persons here know nothing about governance and politics.

under normal circumstances PMB has no business with governance....he is acclaimed to be the 7th least educated president in Africa.

under his watch nepotism have swing to high echelon.

atiku will never allow that...he is a detribalized man..
Nigeria need someone who will sure rule the country as one entity

Atiku na pretender. He is also a tribalist. Em patterns come worst pass. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
kellycute:
the third goal Na amateur goal, he dey select which leg he wan used scored hahaha.
If this is Actually mockery as I perceive it to be, then you're shameless with bad grammar to boot undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ennyjay72(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
how many teams are going to qualify from each group
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Of course, Iwobi deserves it more. He made the goals easy.

I still think Kalu needs to improve.
You know gold when you see it right? When he gets more playing time and becomes a good finisher no one would remember his first 5 games. it's why I brought up VicMo story too.

Two games is early for me, I believe this guy would become deep in our memories just like Osaze!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
kellycute:
stop supporting mediocrity

Which mediocre? Idowu is better than Collins from what I saw today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
Uzoho 7/10
Shehu 5/10
Aina 7/10
Ekong 6/10
Balogun 6/10
Jamiu 6/10
Etebo 6/10
Ndidi 6/10
Musa 6/10
Kalu 7/10
Ighalo 9/10
Iwobi 9/10
Onyekuru 6/10
Isaac 5/10
Rohr 9/10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
daveP:
You know gold when you see it right? When he gets more playing time and becomes a good finisher no one would remember his first 5 games. it's why I brought up VicMo story too.

Two games is early for me, I believe this guy would become deep in our memories just like Osaze!!!

I didn't want to argue about Vicmo taking time to Impress else I would have defended it with facts. I intentionally commot face, no be say I agreed. grin

You think say na potopoto I dey see before? grin

I sabi shumthing oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Oga abeg say the truth and shame the devil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
AIG07:
noted
Tnx for ur understanding
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
Lol, I'm enjoying The off sport analysis...

The funny thing is that Nigerian Politics has and has always been about choosing the lesser of two devils presented to the public.

We have two devils but we weigh them and go for the one with the lesser evil and crime and wickedness.

Atiku is that lesser devil by all permutations. Bubu is the evilier devil.

Devils aren't devils to Nigerians always.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
safarigirl:
we are not looking for a saviour, we are looking for a chabge

If Atiku turns out to be as useless as Buhari, we will kick him out in four years. There is no reason why we should reward gross incompetence with a second term

Before Buhari came to power, he was Head of State and Nigerians were not doing well, even at that time. His antecedents and his anti-democratic nature were swept under the carpet and he was voted in. He has proven that the Buhari of yesterday is the same today and forever

Whatever Atiku did, he was not the President, he was the Vice President. He has reinvested in Nigeria, all his businesses are here, all his running mate's businesses are also here. Buhari has not one business home or abroad to speak of.

We don't need a saviour, we need someone to put the right policies in place to help small and medium sized businesses grow and an Atiku/Obi ticket is one that promises a good economic blueprint at least. These are two proven,astute businessmen, with Obi being a renowned prude, I can bet you, we will at least see positive changes in our economy.

Let us give Atiku a try, corruption or not. There is no politician in this country that is not corrupt, so let us see what new faces can do. If they misbehave, we kick them out. Do not allow the fear of failure stop you from taking risks, because you may eventually miss your success.

There is not a single good thing about Trump. He is a tax evader and a morality corrupt person, but he is a businessman and because of him today, the amount of unemployed people in the US have dropped admirably. You don't have to like a man or his politics, you only have to focus on what he can bring to the table that is currently not available

In my opinion, neither Atiku or Buhari is good enough. They should both retire. We are seeing the refurbishment of Atiku already. Painting him as this great dude, we are setting ourselves up for failure.

As regards Trump, he has not done anything special... The economy has been on the rise for years. If anything, he is placing tariffs that are already affecting businesses.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

I didn't want to argue about Vicmo taking time to Impress else I would have defended it with facts. I intentionally commot face, no be say I agreed. grin

You think say na potopoto I dey see before? grin

I sabi shumthing oooo.
Lol na astro turf you dey see na. lol. comot face o. e better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
Odunayaw:
Abi o. Painting Atiku gold and Buhari red when both are cut from the same cloth is nothing better than deceit!

Its woeful we are reduced to this

Gbam! Two scams.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Atiku na pretender. He is also a tribalist. Em patterns come worst pass. grin

abeg go sleep...what do you know about politics?
mind you i studied political science in my first degree from the university of Benin...I am also a political analyst and a writer.

there is hardly something you gonna tell me new about these men I don't know of...if i should tell you about buhari rule in the 80s you will even think I was grown up then.

please...
tell me something else...
you supporting buhari is not new to me would have been surprised you support atiku... a friend of mine who happened to come from the south west told me this morning that only a detribalized Yoruba man will vote for atiku of which I doubt you fall into

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
daveP:
Lol na astro turf you dey see na. lol. comot face o. e better.

Hahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
AIG07:
Rohr's lack of bravery is holding the team back.
Mikel and Ndidi should be anchoring our Midfield while Iwobi does his thing ahead of them. But
I won't be surprised to see Iwobi back on the bench when Mikel returns.

You are spot on,Rohr is not tech sound. I will take Iwobi any time any day in place of Etebo. Never liked his pattern of football as he holds onto the ball too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
ennyjay72:
how many teams are going to qualify from each group
2 each
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
charlesemeka85:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha bros u go kiiii me

Dont know but it irritates me. I nearly beat up my sister's househelp for that, few months back because she was using that to communicate with my nephew. Imagine pronouncing an egg as "a hegg", a head as "a ead", a house as "an ouse" et al. Na so d thing dey vex me when I see some people call leg "reg", rather "lather", rope "lope", leave "reave" et al. That poo is annoying abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mcfarlin(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Idowu is a mediocre,Collins played better!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
Humility017:

abeg go sleep...what do you know about politics?
mind you i studied political science in my first degree from the university of Benin...I am also a political analyst and a writer.

there is hardly something you gonna tell me new about these men I don't know of...if i should tell you about buhari rule in the 80s you will even think I was grown up then.

please...

You read it in book but you no sabi corruption from politics..... grin

My guy, go sidon for one corner. grin

Atiku ko, abiku no. cheesy. Corruption pri

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
mcfarlin:

Idowu is a mediocre,Collins played better!

Until Collins faces Messi before I agree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mcfarlin(m): 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
oloriooko:
Uzoho 7/10
Shehu 5/10
Aina 7/10
Ekong 6/10
Balogun 6/10
Jamiu 6/10
Etebo 6/10
Ndidi 6/10
Musa 6/10
Kalu 7/10
Ighalo 9/10
Iwobi 9/10
Onyekuru 6/10
Isaac 5/10
Rohr 9/10

Blood of zechariah!

What did Aina play to deserve a rating of 7?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mcfarlin(m): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

Until Collins faces Messi before I agree.

Even when Idowu didn't face messi...was he fantastic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
AIG07:
Henry can't play the number 9position. I repeat Henry can't play the number 9position. He should continue his development on the flank.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mcfarlin(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
AIG07:
Rohr's lack of bravery is holding the team back.
Mikel and Ndidi should be anchoring our Midfield while Iwobi does his thing ahead of them. But
I won't be surprised to see Iwobi back on the bench when Mikel returns.

if Rohr benches iwobi then he's not ready to build this team,the footballing intelligence iwobi displayed today was far ahead of his teammates...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
mcfarlin:

Even when Idowu didn't face messi...was he fantastic?

Ask Messi why he ran away from Idowu's flank.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dont know but it irritates me. I nearly beat up my sister's househelp for that, few months back because she was using that to communicate with my nephew. Imagine pronouncing an egg as "a hegg", a head as "a ead", a house as "an ouse" et al. Na so d thing dey vex me when I see some people call leg "reg", rather "lather", rope "lope", leave "reave" et al. That poo is annoying abeg
. Lwkmd. It's just inevitable for certain people no matter how you try to correct them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
komekn:

Please shine torch for thier eye.

They have all gone quite.

Ighalo whare are your accusers ❓ Go in peace and score more goals with HOLD UP PLAY

Hahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
chucs:
You are spot on,Rohr is not tech sound. I will take Iwobi any time any day in place of Etebo. Never liked his pattern of football as he holds onto the ball too much.

Exactly why I dislike that boys game. His pattern is irksome. Thats why he often gets injured. To release ball dey hard am, to raise up head see his man to give ball, for where. Abeg Etebo no be am biko

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
mcfarlin:

Blood of zechariah!

What did Aina play to deserve a rating of 7?
Aina was better than shehu with his passes and strength on the ball
But Tyronne is our best RB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
forgiveness:

You read it in book but you no sabi corruption from politics..... grin

My guy, go sidon for one corner. grin

Atiku ko, abiku no. cheesy. Corruption pri

you know nothing about politics....
your support for buhari is mainly because your tribal man is the vice president...

no man has rule Nigeria in such nepotism and sectional glut like buhari...

even his famous 97% 5% still afresh in many sane Nigerians memory.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
Well... Well.. Well ..

After a long silence since the world cup, Iwobi, Etebo, Kalu, Onyeakuru have finally given me something to smile about

Iwobi today was everything we wish either Mikel or Etebo was at the world Cup

Sleek and pin point defense splitting passes!!

Iwobi was the "connecting rod" between our Attack and midfield... You can take this statement to the bank any day.

If he had played these same AM ie Mikel's position against Croatia, they would have had their hands full

Boy's got eagle eyes for the final third ball

In him also I saw Ebere Eze...

Ebere Eze is a complete replica of Iwobi and should be draft in ASAP to deputize for him

In a nutshell, I think our team is getting there!!!

I say this because a new generation of sleeky, crisp and deadly players are being ushered into the SE while the era of those disjointed, and uncoordinated players are gradually being faded out.

In the past we had a Super eagles squad players who couldn't trap, control, coordinate or string one to two passes together but in this era we are beginning to have players who have seamless control of the ball.

I mean, look at Etebo, he rarely loses the ball whenever he gets it except he is fouled. His ball control is top notch... Same for ndidi

Ola aina eased himself into the game after the initial first half fidgeting, in the second half, I saw the reason why he is miles better than Shehu as a Full back. Dude was a beauty to watch with his movements and attacking runs

I hope these lads develop into the kind of players I pray for the SE going into the future....

Anyways

Its too early to call

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) (4911) (4912) (4913) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2innocent(m), Eldorado14, DrYa, caprikon, dymusty86 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.