Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11758977 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4914) (4915) (4916) (4917) (4918) (4919) (4920) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2018
I dare to say the orange boys are back, interestingly with more blacks just like France. I saw them kill what is left of the moribund Loew team yesterday. Danjuma didn't look outta sorts when he came on for the rejuvenated Babel. The CD pair of captain Virgil and D'ligt is looking like the best in the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2018
safarigirl:
House, please, away from Ighalo, Atiku and Buhari.

You guys should congratulate me. I finally wrote my last paper today and I am officially a graduate of the Faculty Of Law, University of Abuja. Nairaland no see my own to post, na KOK dem just dey celebrate. Me sef graduate today o

Ehen, Oga Mujtahida, I need assistance with my Project work o. I'm stuck and in need of proper direction. Don't know if you can help

Congratulations in the first instance, I know it hasn't been easy. The ups and downs and probably times you thought I can't make it. But you have, WELL DONE !!!

But be aware the HARD WORK has just begun. Many valley's to go through and mountains to climb. Battles to fight and wounds to lick.

Press on bravely and number one, PUT GOD FIRST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I624_Daq4II

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Nnamdi Oduamadi against Tahiti in the 2014 Confederations Cup. Thank me later
2013 not 2014

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2018
Earthquake1:
It seems I'm the only person who has not travelled out in this thread

No biggie

On the other hand am I the only one who has travelled in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2018
CaptainStephen:
This breaks my heart, what happened to having a good name? we shouldn't tow this path no matter the circumstances involved. My father will always call my name and say don't depend on government for anything, that is why I am saving so I can smile when I retire and my pension isn't paid. That's the same set I have carried and make bold to vow I have never and will never involve my self in corruption.
It's not going to be easy as persecution will definitely come but my brother the future of this nation is in our hands.

The righteous WILL BE PERSECUTED.

Once you understand this then it should be no suprise the price you have to pay for INTEGRITY, HONESTY AND FAIR-PLAY.

Finally you will never be in the majority and in Nigeria you will be the REMNANT.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2018
safarigirl:
stop being an idiot. And don't you ever quote me to tell me to shut up again, did you buy data for me?

I did not see what he did. I did not see what anybody did. I did not see the match and I only came online this evening

See, I wrote my last paper today and I am officially a graduate. Don't provoke me this night with your idiocy, innugo? angry

You should shut up and congratulate me.
Congratulations, dear! "Here's to many more achievements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Mickael2:

Oduamadi against Haiti. Forget that rubbish record doing the rounds in messed up Nigerian dailies, the last hattrick was in 2013

Which record?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:46am On Oct 14, 2018
EmmGee:

big bros. saving isn't the answer. rather, you should invest. but remember not to put all your eggs in one basket
that's the look, investments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2018
komekn:

Once you understand this then it should be no suprise the price you have to pay for INTEGRITY, HONESTY AND FAIR-PLAY.

Finally you will never be in the majority and in Nigeria you will be the REMNANT.

True words, persecution will definitely come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:48am On Oct 14, 2018
komekn:

True words, persecution will definitely come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2018
komekn:

True words, persecution will definitely come. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Let me add something to this corruption talk.

Nigeria is not irredeemably corrupt. This is inspite of endemic corruption, you see around you.

When i first got to the US. What struck was not a lack of corruption but the systems and controls in place to check it. These systems once established begin to shape behavior with time. I remember telling people that America is potentially as corrupt as Nigeria if you remove the consequences.

We are too focused on catching criminals and less focused on making it incredibly hard to steal in the first place. If you arrest a corrupt person today, another corrupt person will simply replace him if there are no proper systems.

What does this mean? It means government should be focused on proper reforms on how agencies operate. And this is achievable. I have worked in consulting and provided financial control recommendations to major companies.

I remember speaking to Nigerian Senator a few years ago and he bluntly told me that the only hope for Nigeria is the future generation because his generation are so messed up.

We can not go into service with the mentality of stealing.. We need more people willing to serve and do the right thing.

INTEGRITY, HONESTY RIGHTEOUSNESS AND FAIR-PLAY are not on the menu of the dinner table in Nigeria. They ate not even eaten on rare special occasions.

The first generation of youth plunged Nigeria into a blood sucking murderous depraved civil war. That was the youth.

If the youth leaders of political parties and support groups for politicians are a measure. Then we are doomed.

These are the die hard cultists, guns for hire, cold blooded hatchet men, praise singers of corruption, sycophants, money by any means is good and satanic oaths swearing loyalists that walk with reckless abandon through the highest corridors of power.

These are the people that will silence any talk of TRUTH with the shedding of blood.

That's what are supposed youth leaders propagate, enshrine and promote.

Integrity is in the character of Man not in his chronological age.

The future of PROGRESS of Nigeria is not in any generation but in the REMNANT of the righteous.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burk

When will the righteous in Nigeria STAND UP ❓ That's the question. And that is an indictment of myself as well.

What have I done to make a difference.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
Congratulations safari girl may you grow higher and higher

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
No na. No be Naija I dey since March? I won’t retuen till January. I don’t want to witness the yeye elections lol

komekn:

No biggie

On the other hand am I the only one who has travelled in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
Our Christianity na wayo. If you are a Christian and you are NOT being persecuted somewhere, maybe at the job. Chances are you are just like the rest.

komekn:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
Congratulations to the graduand...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
Una no go leave this Buhari/Atiku talk alone.

Is there any point wasting data to type about some parochial leaders who may be enemies today but friends tomorrow?

Remember that same Atiku of today was an APC member in 2014.

What matters to these leaders are permanent, selfish interests and not political or moral ideology.

Let us talk football. This seems the only thing that unites Nigerians. Politics has been used as a tool by our leaders to divide us.

In other news, Kalu showed us his weaknesses yesterday and I have always suspected his decision making. Now I know why Rohr was reluctant to call him up in the first place. But for his goal, he had a 5/10 game for me. However, he is young and likely to improve a great deal.

Our defense is still shaky. This was part of our greatest undoing at the Mundial. In addition, I must sadly add that at our current level, the highest we can go at the AFCON next year is the quarter finals. Unless Rohr, makes some additions and subtractions and our player raise their play and coherence as a team, we are likely to crash out early and be disappointed yet again.

Iwobi showed why the mastery of the midfield makes up the codons of his DNA, however, he needs good supporting cast in that midfield. Ndidi has to up his game and mastering long range passing would not be a bad Idea. Ogu is slow and it might be late for him to improve on his speed; nevertheless, his calm and poise are welcome attributes.

I'm happy for Ighalo. While I was one of his detractors for his shabby performance at the world cup, I must say he came good for us yesterday. BUT, We need more of that. Now is not the time for the boys to oppress others on social media but to do better. Ighalo has to replicate such fine showing against more organized defenses.

Etebo has not improved and this may not be unconnected to his move to lower division Stoke city. While some may argue that it was his agents decision, the consequences are manifest in his quality of play. His decision making and passing leaves much to be desired. This can however be remedied. He should use every match (both home and club) to prove himself so that a better move would be possible next season (if not in the next transfer window).

I know it's easy to stay and type from the comfort of a keyboard or android device, so I'm not taking anything from our boys. They fought gallantly yesterday.

PS: Some peeps have been making reference to the fact that SA couldn't beat Libya at home while we hammered them 4:0, while this may seem encouraging, football is not mathematics and same SA could be our greatest undoing in this qualifiers if we let our guards down and leave results to pure Logic.

All in all, Go Super Eagles

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Apart from SA the attendance for this qualifiers has been massive. Imagine over 100k people watching Ethiopia V Kenya live. Compare our attendance to what we are seeing in Europe, if we get things right African football will be able to compete financially in no time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Na IF go end the matter
BascoVanVeli:
Apart from SA the attendance for this qualifiers has been massive. Imagine over 100k people watching Ethiopia V Kenya live. Compare our attendance to what we are seeing in Europe, if we get things right African football will be able to compete financially in no time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
For those with Dstvs and on Family or Access package,and want ss3, check my last topic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Rohr on Kalu and VicMo:

''He is playing better and better. He did very well. Playing in Nigeria for the first time in an important match like this he did well. I saw him play for Bordeaux and he’s was very good.

''There’s little more work for him to do in replacing Victor Moses. The door is still open for him to come back . If he’s fit, why not. Victor loves his fatherland that I know.''

Source: ANS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Is this an invitation to corruption? It’s just a question o
HIGHESTPOPORI:
For those with Dstvs and on Family or Access package,and want ss3, check my last topic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
congrats to Ighalo and Rohr but I still have my reservations, hence , I dont share your jubilation about Ighalos hatrick yesterday.

Penalty, potential offside, scrappy goal, see how he messed up what would have been a striker's goal from Ndidi's long ball, Kalu's low cross that would have been an easy tap in, check out his positioning from Collins's marauding run, look at his poor controls and lack of pressing sense. At a time Iwobi was the one doing the pressing while our supposed top striker was no where to be found, he didnt even care to cover up for iwobi, hence leaving a big space btwn the attack and the midfield, thoughtout my playing days I was thought that strikers draw the most fouls which help win his team some freekicks and penalties, but in Ighalo's case, dude committed more fouls than his markers. Dat long ball from Ndidi that he messed was reminiscent of what Percy Tau used to put us on a sharp knife edge in that same pitch and goal post against SA in the first match of this qualifiers

This is Rohr trying to justify his unexplained belief in Ighalo. His hattrick yesterday was just an attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

Ighalo is not the striker who will take us to the promised land. He is a fully grown striker who is still learning how to play the position at this late time in his career. Not a recipe for sustained success at the highest level. When we start playing real teams like we did in Russia, then you will find out you have been sold a bill of goods again. Believe Ighalo and Rohr at ur own peril

Cc Jackals modified

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2018
ChrisKels:
congrats to Ighalo and Rohr but I still have my reservations, hence , I dont share your jubilation about Ighalos hatrick yesterday.

Penalty, potential offside, scrappy goal, see how he messed up what would have been a striker's goal from Ndidi's long ball, Kalu's low cross that would have been an easy tap in, check out his positioning from Collins's marauding run, look at his poor controls and lack of pressing sense. At a time Iwobi was the one doing the pressing while our supposed top striker was no where to be found, he didnt even care to cover up for iwobi, hence leaving a big space btwn the attack and the midfield, thoughtout my playing days I was thought that strikers draw the most fouls which help win his team some freekicks and penalties, but in Ighalo's case, dude committed more fouls than his markers

This is Rohr trying to justify his unexplained belief in Ighalo. His hattrick yesterday was just an attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

Ighalo is not the striker who will take us to the promised land. He is a fully grown striker who is still learning how to play the position at this late time in his career. Not a recipe for sustained success at the highest level. When we start playing real teams like we did in Russia, then you will find out you have been sold a bill of goods again. Believe Ighalo and Rohr at ur own peril
agreed without any additional assessment!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
junnyjake:

It's really convenient for you to sit back at your comfort zone in the West, chanting Sai Baba like your life depends on it, isn't it?

How we're being decimated here in the middle-belt...

Just leave matter, I've seen things, I know things and I've lost people too.

Everyone here sympathize with the middle belterns too but there are many ways to fight. I will not disclose the way it has been decided here.

Hope God help our nation in this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Those guys really changed numbers yesterday o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

For the blinking board, I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it was designed that way.

I only have issues with the camera positioning and quality. Sometimes I couldn't even see the ball. grin

The camera quality is supersport fault na... Seems like they select d gamed they use good cameras for...their game yesterday was well broadcasted...

I'm watching Kenya vs Ethiopia now and d picture quality is superb...But the Ethiopia vs Kenya game was like AIT broadcasting...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
Odunayaw:
Meanwhile, what hit Germany?
Hurricane Mesut hit them or if you prefer,

Ozilessness hit them grin

Esp that Muller and Neuer wey no get sense.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I'm very impressed with the way the Kenyans have upgraded their stadium.. the pitch is world class...

That Uyo pitch was looking poor yesterday.. I'm sure its due to the recent political rallies being held there . with the election around the corner, most of d stadium pitches will have depleted when it's time to face Seychelles...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
junnyjake:

Don't tell me you fell under the Mr Integrity's spell in '15.

Too bad.

I was a critic of Jona, but watching Bubu's campaign video of all the 'how can yous' in the world, seeing him evade the presidential debate in favor of a town hall meeting in the UK did enough to tell me that man senility is of top grade.
I have come to a conclusion and that will I stick to till God knows when, as regards naija politics.... any aspirant that skips a debate is very clueless and senile and lifeless, has nothing to offer the people he expects would lineup and vote him in.

out Nigeria, this conclusion of mine don't apply, but as much we are in the boundaries of naija, it is valid to me. lol.

The track record of all those that skipped being present is there for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
safarigirl:
House, please, away from Ighalo, Atiku and Buhari.

You guys should congratulate me. I finally wrote my last paper today and I am officially a graduate of the Faculty Of Law, University of Abuja. Nairaland no see my own to post, na KOK dem just dey celebrate. Me sef graduate today o grin

Ehen, Oga Mujtahida, I need assistance with my Project work. I'm stuck and in need of proper direction. Don't know if you can help
Pics of you in white signouts or adonbilivit!!! KOK own no even enter fp well like that sef. congra.... tukations to follow later in convo gown mode.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Simon Moses and Idowu did not even make the match day squad.. That's crazy.. Does this mean that Onyekuru is now ahead of Simon in the pecking order?

Omeruo is now ahead of Awaziem too and Ezenwa ahead of Akpeyi.

Any updates on Shehu's injury scare?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4914) (4915) (4916) (4917) (4918) (4919) (4920) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m), kennysville(m), johnjunior39(m), Marjoribanks and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.