Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11687585 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4971) (4972) (4973) (4974) (4975) (4976) (4977) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
komekn:

The difference is that the quality of the Belgium league is not near the quality of the EPL and I would say the Championship is considerably better.

But the style of play in the English league system is way more physical, a lot more intense and definitely a lot faster.

So it's not suited to all players, some players are more suited to Seria A and La Liga. More technical and more tactical better is open to debate it's a matter of preference.

The same so many hear were screaming SPECAIL TALENT with regards to Sadiq Umar who was playing in the Eredivisie which is on the same level as the Belguim or slightly better.

I said from an objective appraisal that he would struggle in League one in England. And a good number screamed bias and HATER. Well he can't even get on the bench of Rangers.

With regards to players in lower league who are of Nigerian origin. I say without any apology that Chuks Aneke is the standout player in League two and Josh Maja is the stand out player in league one.

Or you want to disagree. EPL clubs are waiting in line to sign Josh Maja. Although I think he should finish the season in league one and develop more. Maybe next season go to the championship and build himself up gradually. Development is more important for long term career progression than big club and money.

The championship should be getting European slots then. The fact is you don't know talent. You said Isaac success was a waste man but he just got a start so that shows how much you know. Football isn't rocket science but it sure ain't maths either. Sadiq clearly fell out with Gerard but you would never see that, all you see is stats.

Honestly only Tammy Abraham is close to Osimhen. I completely agree with Rohr because the boy is extra special. I am way past the talent, this boy has that it factor that drives the greats to succeed. Discipline and heart. Quote me on this anytime

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
Can you help with the link of his parent club calling for his return from loan

ChrisKels:
Who else noticed that my boy Osimhen did his thing yesterday as soon as he was shifted to the middle (main striker) in the 80th minute from the the wing forward position he started the game?

Need I also remind u that his parent club has ordered him back come end of the season as they suddenly backed off from their earlier proposed bought clause?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

You think our best defender should be waiting for FA cup before he plays? He should be playing week in week out.

As he is not being featured week in week out nko, what do we do? Force him out of BHA or force the coach to start playing him?

Yes, we all want him playing week in week out, I was only weighing scenarios of he having opportunity of game time from Cup game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Right about what exactly? What league did Ndidi, Moses, Henry and Kalu play in? Didn't Holland cap Danjuma as he was in Belgium? If nothing else Belgium is known for having good young player so how is he right to say nobody will take notice of a 19 year old smashing the league

No mind that guy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
With Nigeria in search of the true heir to Chelsea legend John Obi Mikel, Gorica star Iyayi Atiemwen is a bona fide candidate to step into the shoes of the Super Eagles captain if he decides to call it quits with the national team.

Former Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia was the first national team coach to spot the potential of Iyayi and handed him a call-up for the international friendly against Brazil before the 2016 Olympic Games.

After spells in Turkey with Manisaspor, Sanliurfaspor, Caykur Rizespor and Kayseri Erciyesspor, the Bendel Insurance product has matured to become a top player since moving to HNK Gorica in February 2018.

Iyayi's versatility means he can be deployed as an attacking midfielder, left midfielder and left winger.

So far this season, the 22-year-old has been involved in 7 goals (4 goals, 3 assists) from 11 appearances in the Croatian 1. HNL, most recently against Slaven Belupo when he netted the winner in a 1-0 win.

He has been scouted by AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Empoli, Parma, Gijon, Mainz and Alaves ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
Icon4s:

As he is not being featured week in week out nko, what do we do? Force him out of BHA or force the coach to start playing him?

Yes, we all want him playing week in week out, I was only weighing scenarios of he having opportunity of game time from Cup game.
Lol why are you getting defensive?
The question was simple. Was the move a bad idea? We have not gotten to forcing him out yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
ChrisKels:
Who else noticed that my boy Osimhen did his thing yesterday as soon as he was shifted to the middle (main striker) in the 80th minute from the the wing forward position he started the game?

Need I also remind u that his parent club has ordered him back come end of the season as they suddenly backed off from their earlier proposed bought clause?

welcm back ooo, so na cos of one bogus link dem back you apkako, sorry ooo

BTW mak dem no try am , come back cum do wet in?? if possible man im force a move away
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
Iwobi nacho and ndidi all start

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
Iheanacho, Iwobi and Ndidi start

Leicester vs Arsenal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
The first choice goalkeeper of the senior national team of Nigeria Francis Odinaka Uzoho has been nominated for the award of the best player in the Spanish second division after the latest round of games.

Everyone Can Win On Sports Betting With This Little Trick
Uzoho was handed his first start by the coach of Elche since his summer move from Deportivo La Coruna on loan and the 19 year old didn’t disappoint with a strong showing as his club run out 2-0 winners over Malaga.

During the game he made five key saves, one punched and hit an astonishing 15 correct passes out of 25 attempted during the game and he was deservedly named the man of the match.

His performance hasn’t gone unnoticed by the governing body of the league as he has been nominated for the player of the week award alongside four others.

LaLiga

@LaLiga
El MVP de la J10 en #LaLiga123 depende de tu voto. ¿Quién es tu favorito?

✨ @Sergioa_24 (@UDLP_Oficial)
⚡ @Uzohof (@elchecfoficial)
� Saúl Berjón (@RealOviedo)
� Juan Domínguez (@cfreusdeportiu)
� Carlos Pita (@CDeportivoLugo)

Sergio Araujo of Las Palmas, Saul Berjon of Real Oviedo, Juan Dominguez of Reus and Lugo FC Carlos Pita were the other players nominated alongside Uzoho for the gong.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2018
andrew444:
Iwobi nacho and ndidi all start

I back Nacho to steal the show. Man must not be happy about that snub.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Iheanacho lacks motivation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
charlesemeka85:
The first choice goalkeeper of the senior national team of Nigeria Francis Odinaka Uzoho has been nominated for the award of the best player in the Spanish second division after the latest round of games.

Everyone Can Win On Sports Betting With This Little Trick
Uzoho was handed his first start by the coach of Elche since his summer move from Deportivo La Coruna on loan and the 19 year old didn’t disappoint with a strong showing as his club run out 2-0 winners over Malaga.

During the game he made five key saves, one punched and hit an astonishing 15 correct passes out of 25 attempted during the game and he was deservedly named the man of the match.

His performance hasn’t gone unnoticed by the governing body of the league as he has been nominated for the player of the week award alongside four others.

LaLiga

@LaLiga
El MVP de la J10 en #LaLiga123 depende de tu voto. ¿Quién es tu favorito?

✨ @Sergioa_24 (@UDLP_Oficial)
⚡ @Uzohof (@elchecfoficial)
� Saúl Berjón (@RealOviedo)
� Juan Domínguez (@cfreusdeportiu)
� Carlos Pita (@CDeportivoLugo)

Sergio Araujo of Las Palmas, Saul Berjon of Real Oviedo, Juan Dominguez of Reus and Lugo FC Carlos Pita were the other players nominated alongside Uzoho for the gong.

Icon4s, goldfish80 and all those who were praising Ondoa just to spite this my Nwangele boy then, make una gather here, we get meeting. Ehhe una welcome, Please I say make I ask una, did ur Ondoa ever get this recognition throughout his stay in the segunda? grin grin

Fire on my boy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Lol why are you getting defensive?
The question was simple. Was the move a bad idea? We have not gotten to forcing him out yet.
And I have given u an answer right from the start: "too early".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
Mehn e go be like I dey watch naija match today.. @arsenal vs Leicester..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
Best team in Belgium like that title hardly changes. We also have a certain Bonaventure who also started well for Brugge at a time. My point is we’ve had many Nigerians who have made their mark in Belgium, and Danjuma is no different.
I’m not calling for Osimhen’s invitation, but several pages back several moniker’s were on this Danjuma matter. I will never shift my position. This is Danjuma’s first real professional test, and he’s got his international opportunity already — lucky him.

tbaba1234:

Danjuma is playing in the best team in Belgium that is playing Champions league football.

This is Osimhen's first real taste of professional football in a mid table to lower league table Belgium side. He has started very well.

Let him keep it up. We definitely need striking options.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
grin

I was enjoying chewing this piece of crackers but the way u ended it left a bad taste on my mouth.
komekn:

Very far from it, Hottest young striker in Europe, very long way to go. If you are looking at young European strikers across Europe.

Great progress yes without doubt one of the young top contenders with the context of Nigeria a big YES.

If you add the Belguim league rating number 9 in Europe just below Turkey puts things in perspective. You dont see any big clubs takin notice of him as such.

Getting game time is helping him to improve and a hungry man is an angry and determined man. Particularly after his career at Wolfsburg nearly died.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
Icon4s:

And I have given u an answer right from the start: "too early".

Ok o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
Retired Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Carl Ikeme has been given the mandate by the Nigeria Football Federation and manager Gernot Rohr to assist the technical crew find new goalkeepers for the national team.

The jury is out on whether Elche's Francis Uzoho can make the grade at international level after making elementary goalkeeping errors in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Libya.

''The NFF has also graciously accepted my proposal to give opportunity to Carl (Ikeme) to help us find other good goalkeepers of Nigerian descent.

''So we are still searching for good players in all positions in the team,'' Rohr told SportingLife.ng.

Recently, Peter Rufai criticized Rohr for handing the goalkeeping duties to the inexperienced teenager Uzoho.

Now, the German football tactician has asked the 1994 World Cup star to recommend quality alternatives.

''Yes some former players who have shone with the national team before has freedom and liberty to help the team if there are problems.

''Peter (Rufai) can call me at any time to give me useful advice because I know him very well and he knows me too. We can speak about it if he has a better candidate,'' Rohr added.

Uzoho has started all the eleven matches played by the Super Eagles in 2018, and has conceded 12 goals while posting four shutouts.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
wink cheesy
komekn:

They have disappeared.

If you have SPECIAL TALENT you should be totally standing out in the Porto B team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
Iwobi vs Nacho and Ndidi.

It's on folks.

Match of the week contender.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Earthquake1:

Iheanacho lacks motivation

He is a starter so that shows a bit of motivation. Maybe Rohr feels like you and that was why he snubbed him. I am expecting some type of fire to be lit because of that...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ten minutes more

I can't wait..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Iwobi vs Nacho and Ndidi.

It's on folks.

Match of the week contender.

Match of the week, even before its played grin

No game excites me more

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
Recently, Peter Rufai criticized Rohr for handing the goalkeeping duties to the inexperienced teenager Uzoho.

Now, the German football tactician has asked the 1994 World Cup star to recommend quality alternatives

Yes!!

Rohr needs to respond to these motherfvcking critics

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
I think Iheanacho is finally a first 11 member.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
nacho with a nice shot but lacked power

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

He is doing that already!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
komekn:

The difference is that the quality of the Belgium league is not near the quality of the EPL and I would say the Championship is considerably better.

But the style of play in the English league system is way more physical, a lot more intense and definitely a lot faster.

So it's not suited to all players, some players are more suited to Seria A and La Liga. More technical and more tactical better is open to debate it's a matter of preference.

The same so many hear were screaming SPECAIL TALENT with regards to Sadiq Umar who was playing in the Eredivisie which is on the same level as the Belguim or slightly better.

I said from an objective appraisal that he would struggle in League one in England. And a good number screamed bias and HATER. Well he can't even get on the bench of Rangers.

With regards to players in lower league who are of Nigerian origin. I say without any apology that Chuks Aneke is the standout player in League two and Josh Maja is the stand out player in league one.

Or you want to disagree. EPL clubs are waiting in line to sign Josh Maja. Although I think he should finish the season in league one and develop more. Maybe next season go to the championship and build himself up gradually. Development is more important for long term career progression than big club and money.

Opportunity comes but once. He should grab the opportunity to go to EPL if any team comes for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
Iheanacho has a lot of opportunity to be doing a Messi.....a left footer attacking from the right! Thats a wonderful positioning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
Dis Arsenal team get better players oooo. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
See as Iwobi take control ball, dribble and commot toros. shocked grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4971) (4972) (4973) (4974) (4975) (4976) (4977) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.