Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11922249 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) (5041) (5042) ... (16331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
AIG07:
you no lie my bro. We just hope Rohr will get it right.

I don't think Iwobi will be benched anytime soon in the GWG no matter the tactical formation. I am also sure that he'll start Arsenal's next game.

We are proud of the 'boy'. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
I support two team whose managers have a habit of making late substitutions...Klopp and Rohr..

Bloody Germans!

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
Danielnino00:
I support two team whose managers have a habit of making late substitutions...Klopp and Rohr..

Bloody Germans!
kloop will us with late sud
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2018
That moment of magic from Alexander the great #ARSLIV

That Iwobi pass has forced my hands to come online even in the midst whatever tight schedule I am on... Chaaaaaaiiiii.... The Iwobi Magic.... Alexander the Great... Iwobinho... BIG 17... the wizard of Naija soccer... NAIJA's True heir to the Number 10 jersey that will be vacant after Mikel Obi retires.... Okocha handed Mikel that no.10 jersey but now in the near future, Mikel will hand it over to Okocha's blood nephew... This is the beauty of life... Give and it shall be given unto thee also... wink

That pass to Lacazette was absolute madness!!!! Where? How? Why? When did he see that pass? Lacazette was not even there yet... He was still behind a defender whose eyes were not on laca but on Iwobi of course like his other red Merseyside teammates... All eyes were on Iwobi but Iwobi's eyes were laser-focused and scanning for something else... For that littlest, tiniest of openings that will see him wield his wand to cast a spell over the Liverpool defence... And he unleashed it. Kabayakata!!!

The Vision of Iwobi is magically pulchritudinous. Amazing ability to see what others cannot. It used to be Ozil then famously known as the Wizard of Oz who normally open up defences with such gifted unpredictable precision but we can see from game to game that the master Ozil is being surpassed by his gifted protege... A lad who has learnt so much from the wizard of Oz and mixed it all with the DNA he carries... The DNA of a world famous creative wizard in JJ himself... all catalysed by the genuine abilities of the young man himself because in the end he is Iwobi and not Okocha or Ozil. He is the first Alex Iwobi... His vision is like Zidane, Okocha and Ozil all rolled into one.

This is his strongest point... His ability to think fast not just with his hemispheres but to also execute such speed of thinking with his feet. His sense of timing is impeccable and his dribbling runs are a menace anytime... The Liverpool defence hated it when he had the ball. I feel they were more concerned about if he will nutmeg them than what next pass he was gonna make.... I tell you this, by the time he masters the art of dictating a game in full, we will have Africa's most elite AM on our hands, people and A true Player and Midfield general ready to dorn the No.10 GWG jersey with pride, glory and honor for a decade or more... This is Iwobi's decade... This lad is gonna be a super star. He can only get better and better. Just cannot wait for him to fully master the art of game dictation, and midfield orchestration/game tempo moderation like the Masters Zidane, Okocha and even Mikel all mastered and showed at top levels.

We play South Africa next on November 17 and even Steven Pienaar, an ex-bafana bafana star and ex-Everton star, had this to say about Iwobi today on the #ArsLiv game

@therealstevenpi... "Every time I watch Iwobi I’m on the edge of my chair.Baller"

He then added... "That pass from @alexiwobi��I’m �sure Jay Jay is smiling wherever he is"

Iwobi is the real deal. cool With this form he is in for Nigeria and Arsenal, I don't see the rest of Africa stopping the Super Eagles through the middle at the Afcon in Cameroun because this lad can see a pass even through the eyes of the tiniest needle and with such creatively magical abilities, our forwards will paint the continent with goals... Africa in trouble!

Carry on Alexander "The Great"... This is only the beginning.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
When news broke about Wenger's resignation, I just didn't know how to feel, given that Iwobi was blooded by him.

Would he win over the new manager? was the question I kept asking myself, and with what's currently happening, Unai Emery has proven to be a blessing to his career.

I'm so happy for the lad.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
ChrisKels:
U can take it to the bank, Success is class!!

No goal, no assist...

So, how is he class?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2018
As expected .. Iwobi trends on Twitter.... The lad is becoming a monstrous creative force under Emery and his evolution into a true midfield god has only entered a new phase of development. It is not yet eureka but I am already in love with all I am seeing at this tender stage. He is still only 22. The boy can assist you in life... He is not just the Nut Meg prince of the Emirates... He is the new assists King...

Below is a tweet a Twitter user on the game..... Lol

Osinbajo: Iwobi can assist you to get a better result sir. I don't trust waec again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
And nothing is being heard about Tosin Kehinde after his move to Portugal.
What's up with him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
Nice game by Iwobi today.

Now, that is class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
junnyjake:
And nothing is being heard about Tosin Kehinde after his move to Portugal.

What's up with him?

Playing for the under 23 at Feirense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
Danielnino00:

Bloody Germans!

Rohr: Hehehehehehe... Deal with it! cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
Icon4s why bench ur best player(Iwobi) in a match so important?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

Then it's okay to conclude that his move from Man Utd was no progression at all then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:25pm On Nov 03, 2018
Icon4s:
NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL AWARDS!

A good and blessed Morning House.

We have all analyzed football here for a couple of years now. We have tasted the joys of victory and agonies of defeat from different competitions we have participated in. And each one we have come out better as we have always learnt one, two or more lessons.

Believe it or not we have here in the house some of the best followers and analysts of Nigerian football. Forget that we argue all the time, but these arguments generally have yielded fruits in certain areas and our national teams have gotten better for it.

DON'T WE THINK IT IS TIME WE STARTED ROLLING OUT AWARDS, IN VARIOUS CATEGORIES, TO WELL DESERVING NIGERIAN NATIONAL TEAM FOOTBALLERS?

Now this is just a suggestion.

If a larger part of the house agree, we go ahead and set up a players selection committee which will be saddled with the responsibly of:
1. Coming up with various award categories eg: Most improved player in 2018, best Nigerian goal in 2018, Most impressive new inclusion, Best young player (U20 and U17), Best SE Goal keeper 2018, Nigerian Player of the year, best Super Falcons player etc.
2. Nominating players for the various award categories selected above (Maximum of 3 for each category). Note that criteria for the selection of these players must be spelt out.
3. Collating and announcing of results after the votings.

How do we come up with who and who will make up the Players' Selection committee?
I would suggest a 3 Man (or woman smiley) Committee. The house will have to suggest monikers. Every member of this thread or even visitors would have to nominate one person he or she feels should be a member of this committee. Note that you cannot nominate your self and you cannot nominate more than 1 person. 3 monikers with the highest number of nominations will form the players selection committee.

If we agree, we can set 1 week period for which we can suggest names for the selection committee and the selection committee will have to start work immediately after the Nigeria vs Uganda friendly. So that the voting process will commence first week in December.

At the end of the exercise a thread will be created to publish the names of awardees and mods called upon to take to front page or we may even take it to the sports sections of major News Papers in Nigeria.

Note again that it is just a suggestion and open to more ideas and suggestions.

The simple thing to do for a start is if you agree you click "like" and if you do not agree you click ''share''.

cc: honeric01, Semid4lyfe, Joseph1013, Terzurum5, M7even, Daninya11, tbaba1234, Michael2, Kog45, Joebie, komekn, andrew444, kentebemoney, BascoVanVeli, rabzy, Nedville, Safarigirl, Taliban, Forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, ChrisKels, Chrisoblog, mujtahida, enomakos, confun, EEGA, COOL10, Earthquake1, elyte89, junnyjake, darkelf, davep, edi287, Sportilitica, Certitude, Chrismario, Danielnino00, Trinity, zayyadidris, Magink, Curtisaxel7, AIG07, Icon79, krattoss, petrobros, Odunayaw, Charlesemeka85, do4luv14, realpoacher, chiscodedon, zoboizee, raindodger13, wayodude, Naijaphobia, Truidstar, oloriooko, maidaboi, Onozboy, jieta, Jihday, Humility017, loogan, Diavolo, gameliel9, cc12, isan, kennysville, busky007, kingphilip, Sadiqali24, Unlimited22, Sainty92, alexie4real, Eseose9, Seunvense, goldfish80, Oasis, KpagoGin, Mazimee, Clementoke, bishop88, Jiday, Soetanoreoluwa, Edopesin, shaveman, signz, DrLikita, Kellycute, bossto, Eawwal, Psittacus, Zicky, HZwriters, YKalhaji, Klexycole, Fabyom, Bibidear and others too numerous to mention.

Thanks to everyone that participated in the nominations for Players Selection Committee.

Total nominations = 68
Total monikers nominated 18

Outcome of nominations:
Tbaba1234: 15
Icon4s: 10
Forgiveness: 7
Komekn: 5
TheSuperNerd: 5
ChrisKels: 4
Joebie: 4
Safarigirl: 4 (opted out)
Bascovanveli: 2
Charlesemeka85: 2
Kog45: 2
TheGoodJoe: 2
Andrew444: 1
edi287: 1
Humility017: 1
Michael2: 1
mujtahida: 1
Sadiqali24: 1

The Players Selection Committee members are therefore: Tbaba1234, Icon4s, Forgiveness, Komekn, TheSuperNerd, Chriskels and Joebie.

The Committee will commence work officially soon after the Uganda friendly and the collation for the Super Falcons category will be done after the AWC which finishes December 1st 2018.

Mode of operation for the committee would be agreed upon by committee members.

Thanks everyone once again.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
junnyjake:
When news broke about Wenger's resignation, I just didn't know how to feel, given that Iwobi was blooded by him.

Would he win over the new manager? was the question I kept asking myself, and with what's currently happening, Unai Emery has proven to be a blessing to his career.

I'm so happy for the lad.

To be honest,a lot of people had doubts about Iwobi being in Emery's plan this season. Last season was not good at all.. not just for Iwobi but most arsenal players.. Emery could have decided to overall the squad after hr took charge but he decided to retain it.
Iwobi has made good use of d opportunity and cemented his place in the team...

long may it continue.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2018
Iwobi played less than 30 mins but still had d most take on completed by any arsenal player.

#baller

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
Icon4s:

Thanks to everyone that participated in the nominations for Players Selection Committee.

Total nominations = 67
Total monikers nominated 17.

Outcome of nominations:

The Players Selection Committee members are therefore: Tbaba1234, Icon4s, Forgiveness, Komekn, TheSuperNerd, Chriskels and Joebie.

The Committee will commence work officially soon after the Uganda friendly and the collation for the Super Falcons category will be done after the AWC which finishes December 1st 2018.

We will not take it Oga icon4s,let's meet at d tribunal

My vote didn't count grin grin grin,RIGGED!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
ChrisKels:
Icon4s why bench ur best player(Iwobi) in a match so important?

Emery wanted to exploit Mkhi's knowledge of Klopp's tactics.

Iwobi's intro actually made the difference. He has made another bold statement for himself as a key member of the squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
elyte89:

We will not take it Oga icon4s,let's meet at d tribunal
My vote didn't count grin grin grin,RIGGED!!!
Using first principle, prove that your vote did not count.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2018
Icon4s:

Using first principle, prove that your vote did not count.
Jajajaha!
You is definitely an engineer. smiley cheesy grin cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
junnyjake:

Jajajaha!
You is definitely an engineer. smiley cheesy grin cool
No I be Mechanic. lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Klopp:
"Our workhorses in midfield, we put too much on their shoulders. And it was one time we didn't close Alex Iwobi and he plays the pass for the goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:05am On Nov 04, 2018
tbaba1234:

I made comments ages ago that I didn't think it was progression.

If you are doing really good in the U23's you will be noticed by a lot of championship clubs. Which means you can relaunch your career in the Championship or worst case scenario league one.

Then progress upwards with time.

But to leave Manchester United to be playing U23's in Portugal. I really hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking very good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:09am On Nov 04, 2018
Danielnino00:
Iwobi played less than 30 mins but still had d most take on completed by any arsenal player.

#baller

Iwobi is putting in consistent top performances whether he starts or not. He has had a resurgence under this new manager.

He is now a major player for Arsenal and the great thing he can only get better.

He just needs to add goals to move him to the next level.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:28am On Nov 04, 2018
we are not greeing oooooo! i got 4 votes how come na only 2 una count for me? i'm to court immediately
Icon4s:

Total nominations = 67

Outcome of nominations:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 5:04am On Nov 04, 2018
tbaba1234:

wow who would have taught. I hope he moves up asap. I remember when people were calling for his call up on this thread, Southgate was right after all.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 5:07am On Nov 04, 2018
komekn:

I made comments ages ago that I didn't think it was progression.

If you are doing really good in the U23's you will be noticed by a lot of championship clubs. Which means you can relaunch your career in the Championship or worst case scenario league one.

Then progress upwards with time.

But to leave Manchester United to be playing U23's in Portugal. I really hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking very good.
I remember this discourse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:10am On Nov 04, 2018
Icon4s:

Total nominations = 67

Outcome of nominations:

How come my vote was nullified, even though I didnt breach any rule?

ChrisKels:
Can an already nominated man also nominate?

If yes, then, I nominate elder sir Kog45
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:38am On Nov 04, 2018
ChrisKels:

How come my vote was nullified, even though I didnt breach any rule?

Sorry that was an omission when typing out the nominated monikers. Been corrected
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:42am On Nov 04, 2018
klexycole:

I don't think Iwobi will be benched anytime soon in the GWG no matter the tactical formation. I am also sure that he'll start Arsenal's next game.

We are proud of the 'boy'. grin

He has played his way into Arsenal's starting 11.And one very important thing is he has transformed his Arsenal form into the SE as seen against the Libya double header.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:51am On Nov 04, 2018
charlesemeka85:
we are not greeing oooooo! i got 4 votes how come na only 2 una count for me? i'm to court immediately
Lol, If I hear?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:53am On Nov 04, 2018
That moment when Iwobi ran in I knew something was going to happen.

He has become that influential. South Africa would be nightmares because of Iwobi by now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) (5041) (5042) ... (16331) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: viccy12 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.