Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,300 members, 7,867,796 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11970259 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5040) (5041) (5042) (5043) (5044) (5045) (5046) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
junnyjake:

Wow!

That young man is really doing very well for himself.

Silently going about his business. The scary part is he can still improve,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
In the battle between Eleke and Odey in Switzerland... Odey's team won 5-2 with both Eleke and Odey getting on the scoresheet as already reported by marvellous BascoVanVeli and a few others.

That makes it 9 goals and 2 assists in 17 games for Blessing Eleke in all Competitions.

While Stephen Odey also has 9 goals and 2 assists in 18 games in all comps. 5 goals in the league alone.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nedville:

You've made your point........e don do ma
cool

Just had to let that out before I start posting screenshots of people who claim they don't want to roll in mud, rolling in gutter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Uche Agbo played 61 mins for Standard Liege in the Belgian top flight as they suffered a 2-0 home loss.

Onazi playing another 90mins for Trabzonspor in the Turkish Super lig. That game will be wrapped up any moment from now.

Musa Mohammed played all 90 for HNK Gorica in Croatia in a 1-1 draw.

Kelechi Nwakali benched for Porto B in their goalless affair with Leixoes in the Segunda Liga. Musa Yahaya didn't even make the match day squad. Seems only strikers/forwards of African origin make it more at Porto... They are not even giving Chidozie a chance there after a stellar season with Nantes in Ligue 1.
K.Nwakali needs to leave that place in January. Enough of the slow progress. As for Musa Yahaya, I am sad. See how one of the most gifted lads of the 2013 class have been brought so low at Porto B. Just praying same doesn't happen to K.Nwakali. At 20, lad still time to leave this current rot behind.

Meanwhile, Simy Nwankwo played 26mins off the bench as a 64th entrant into the game between Crotone and Carpi. Ended 1-1. He has 2 serie B goals so far in 12 games now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
ChrisKels:
Chukwueze with a man of the match display in his Laliga debut.

Wao, that's nice. Source pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:
There are so many pathetic clowns on this thread just waiting to be relevant with certain monikers.

They constantly attack you until you pay them attention, then they think they can stand on a pedestal of faux maturity and their fellow clowns will applaud their false sense of importance.

Useless twats led by godforsaken idiots.
You are towing the path again....it is not befitting of you,u know.
You can always ignore.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:
you have already rolled in the mud numerous times by attacking me when I never even address you. I ignored you at least three times, but you constantly feel the need to quote me and declare your miserable existence.

Congrats on your new found fame as a troll, they love you on this thread. Focus on the game like you said and stop riling me up, you make mockery of your purpose when you make out time to quote me even without being addressed.

You can now go and be irrelevant. I will not address you henceforth, so, your words will lack weight, since your fans only look forward to when you come at me.

If being criticized makes you so mad, social media is probably not a place for you. All these insults and mudslinging rhetoric you pour on me are only because I dared to criticize your views.

My mind is free. I will continue to interact with and react to any posts I see fit to. INCLUDING YOURS. Yes. I can't start keeping malice with somebody I don't even know. You can insult me all you want, I won't insult you in return.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
He was very impressive in fact. Lad took matters into his own hands with his team down and really troubled the levante defence. He created the most chances for Villareal, made the most key passes for Villareal and had the highest dribbles won/take ons in the game.

In addition to his offensive performance, he also showed a decent side to his defensive game although he can be better. Chukwueze is here to stay. Glad for the lad.

Dat boy is trying oo

To make Villarreal first team no b beans

Was thinking he will just be used for copa dey la Rey and Europa league only at the moment ,but the boy started a laliga game ahead of an experience nicola sassone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
bossto:
You are towing the path again....it is not befitting of you,u know.
You can always ignore.
i have ignored more times than most people here can stand and that fellow kept coming at me..... Then he had the gall to go sanctimonious and say he will not roll in the mud with me.

If it is not that he is suffering a mental condition, on what grounds does he think he stands to say he will not roll in the mud with me? Someone who attacked me on behalf of others and called me bitter and I ignored him.

I can bring up everything he has posted over the last week and each of them has been filled with unwanrranted animosity.

I am disgusted by him and everyone who has supported him and that is why I have to call them out. Numerous times I stay quiet on this thread and one nonentity will just keep coming at me as if I'm the reason for his sadness, because of the likes of him I exempted myself from that committee because I did not want another avenue for some other person who wants to feel like a man to attack me.

I am very emotional, I can only ignore so many times before I have to drag pigs into the sty they belong.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:
There are so many pathetic clowns on this thread just waiting to be relevant with certain monikers.

They constantly attack you until you pay them attention, then they think they can stand on a pedestal of faux maturity and their fellow clowns will applaud their false sense of importance.

I don't do insults ma. When you're done insulting someone you don't even know, we can go back to analyzing the beautiful game.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

If being criticized makes you so mad, social media is probably not a place for you. All these insults and mudslinging rhetoric you pour on me are only because I dared to criticize your views.

My mind is free. I will continue to interact with and react to any posts I see fit to. INCLUDING YOURS. Yes. I can't start keeping malice with somebody I don't even know. You can insult me all you want, I won't insult you in return.
there is a stark difference between criticism and all out hate

If your mind is free after everything you have said to me, you are obviously a psychopath who cannot identify a wrong when he does it. Someone like you can murder a person and your mind will still be free.

Let me come and post your idea of 'criticism'.....you will tell me who you are to even criticise me to begin with. Maybe you bought the data I use to post.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
what thd heck is going on here

all i ask respect for all in this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
You criticized me so well even peopoe had to ask why you were attacking me.

The likes of Mickael and humility even clarified your own biased stand for a simple post. You said I am filled with 'hate and malice' for posting basic knowledge

You cannot criticise anybody with strong words. You are the one filled with hate and malice, for you to use such words on someone you do not even know beyond social media. Someone you have only interacted with once..

Let me not even add the trolling of my person after the international break, it is all part of your psychotic idea of 'criticism' is it not?

After attacking me like an injured lion, you want to play the misunderstood cat all of a sudden?

Curtisaxel, you are no more than a shameless coward who gets a kick out of attacking me, own your hate and bitterness.

If these are your ideas of 'criticism' then you are obviously unwell.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
It is truly a meteoric rise for the young Chukwueze who was even more than a year behind the likes of K.Nwakali, Osimhen and Orji Okonkwo professionally. These three bagged pro deals before him and began their pro careers before him. Many may not recall that Samuel Chukwueze only got signed by Villarreal Youth in the summer of 2017 few months or so after his 18th birthday and rose through the ranks from Villarreal U-18s (played his first major game for them on April 15 this year towards the final weeks of the 2017/2018 season) to the main Villarreal team today. He may have started behind the others but he is certainly ahead of them all now in terms of the level of football he is playing and doing so with consistency.

On him benching Nicola Sansone for the levante game, I am not really stunned because the boy does offer real attacking impetus and creativity from the right of the Villarreal midfield especially when you consider he executes the role with his sweet and quick left foot. He is faster, has more drive and daring skills which the Villareal coach feels he needs now to get them far away from the position just above relegation zone in la liga. I pray he keeps getting more games and earning more and more of the coach's trust. But I wish more than anything he continues to justify such faith shown in his talents by being more directly involved in goals for the team either by scoring or via getting assists. He won't play all games but he will certainly get enough as he continues his growth into the Villarreal first team.

andrew444:

Dat boy is trying oo

To make Villarreal first team no b beans

Was thinking he will just be used for copa dey la Rey and Europa league only at the moment ,but the boy started a laliga game ahead of an experience nicola sassone

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:

This thread is more than any other random thread shattered all over nairaland. Some people like me are so addicted to this thread that I can't spend a day without visiting here.
If anyone attacks u and u feel the urge to clap back, do so without causing a brawl and throwing tantrums on other guests and members.
Calling people members clowns over one hate speech by one person directed to u is a uncalled for.
Because when the masses and crowds u call clowns influx ur kitchen, I hope u will have enough meals to dish out.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

To be fair, I think you attack Safarigirl unnecessarily. Infact, after such attacks, I do read her posts again to check her faults but usually don't find any. I didn't raise the issue with you until yesterday because the person being severally criticized (Safarigirl) have chosen not to respond to your fault-finding, so I just kept quiet.

Let's continue to interact with "free minds". My Opinion

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
krattoss:

This thread is more than any other random thread shattered all over nairaland. Some people like me are so addicted to this thread that I can't spend a day without visiting here.
If anyone attacks u and u feel the urge to clap back, do so without casing a brawl and throwing tantrums on there guests and members.
Calling people members clowns over one hate speech by one person directed to u is a uncalled for.
Because when the masses and crowds u call clowns influx ur kitchen, I hope u will have enough meals to dish out.
he obviously has to have supporters if his attacks against me get likes. There are some special brand of clowns that never say a word, but are very ready to express their support and agreement by 'liking' his post.

Unless you are one of them, there is no reason why my post should rub you the wrong way. That post should be tagged "To whom it may concern"....if it does not concern you, it was obviously not yours to begin with undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:
wow.....strong words.

Your words are a reflection of who you are and how you feel grin grin

I see you practice the Nigerian version of Christianity, good to know.

It's Sunday so please indulge me.

When you make so many posts, you can not hide from your words. They are written not verbal. These words tell us about you whether you like it or not.

It's a faceless forum, but all the contributors are still human beings. Some a lot older than you some the same age or even younger possibly.

We come to the principle that upholds our Christian walk. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and Love your neighbour as yourself.

Essentially treating people as you want to be treated

We don't work out our salvation but there is evidence of it in character and character is expressed not just in deeds and the intent of the heart but also our words.

What forgiveness did in nominating you was to show true Christian character. And a major hallmark of that is in forgiveness and showing love to those who disdain you and insult you.

Examine your posts and the diction you use its very caustic to those you disagree with. Your words are not always filled with grace but the opposite. You can be very disrespectful.

My advice is you should change your words and that will change your heart. Once again the good word tells us, " Out of the depth of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Being respectful is not a weakness and neither is humility, they are attributes that enrich the character, Have a blessed Sunday.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
It is truly a meteoric rise for the young Chukwueze who was even more than a year behind the likes of K.Nwakali, Osimhen and Orji Okonkwo professionally. These three bagged pro deals before him and began their pro careers before him. Many may not recall that Samuel Chukwueze only got signed by Villarreal Youth in the summer of 2017 few months or so after his 18th birthday and rose through the ranks from Villarreal U-18s (played his first major game for them on April 15 this year towards the final weeks of the 2017/2018 season) to the main Villarreal team today. He may have started behind the others but he is certainly ahead of them all now in terms of the level of football he is playing and doing so with consistency.

On him benching Nicola Sansone for the levante game, I am not really stunned because the boy does offer real attacking impetus and creativity from the right of the Villarreal midfield especially when you consider he executes the role with his sweet and quick left foot. He is faster, has more drive and daring skills which the Villareal coach feels he needs now to get them far away from the position just above relegation zone in la liga. I pray he keeps getting more games and earning more and more of the coach's trust. But I wish more than anything he continues to justify such faith shown in his talents by being more directly involved in goals for the team either by scoring or via getting assists. He won't play all games but he will certainly get enough as he continues his growth into the Villarreal first team.

When The supernerd gives review of some of this players, you almost fall in love with them unless you are a "sworn enemy" of the player he wrote on

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
komekn:

It's Sunday so please indulge me.

When you make so many posts, you can not hide from your words. They are written not verbal. These words tell us about you whether you like it or not.

It's a faceless forum, but all the contributors are still human beings. Some a lot older than you some the same age or even younger possibly.

We come to the principle that upholds our Christian walk. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and Love your neighbour as yourself.

Essentially treating people as you want to be treated

We don't work out our salvation but there is evidence of it in character and character is expressed not just in deeds and the intent of the heart but also our words.

What forgiveness did in nominating you was to show true Christian character. And a major hallmark of that is in forgiveness and showing love to those who disdain you and insult you.

Examine your posts and the diction you use its very caustic to those you disagree with. Your words are not always filled with grace but the opposite. You can be very disrespectful.

My advice is you should change your words and that will change your heart. Once again the good word tells us, " Out of the depth of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Being respectful is not a weakness and neither is humility, they are attributes that enrich the character, Have a blessed Sunday.

This post is 24-hrs old.

I have a time stamp, I don't answer anything if posted 24-hrs after my original post. I cannot read this post, I would normally not address it because it is past the time stamp, but you did crave my indulgence.

So, I will tell you now that I did not read your post after the first line, however, your concern is appreciated smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
Clementoke:

To be fair, I think you attack Safarigirl unnecessarily. Infact, after such attacks, I do and read her posts again to check her faults but usually don't find any. I didn't raise the issue with you until yesterday because the person being severally criticized (Safarigirl) have chosen not to respond to your fault-finding, so I just kept quiet.

Are you being fair and balanced❓

Free mind is not licence for caustic rhetoric and condescending diction designed to ridicule and pull down.

There are some people on this thread who cannot have a conversation without abuse.

There are people I disagree with and we can be on the opposite sides of the coin. But you will not find BascoVanVeli or TheGoodJoe descending to caustic rhetoric.

You can still disagree and be gentlemen and ladies.

In this regard your comments do nothing to diffuse the situation as they don't dissect the issue rather you give unjustified support to one side.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:

This post is 24-hrs old.

I have a time stamp, I don't answer anything if posted 24-hrs after my original post. I cannot read this post, I would normally not address it because it is past the time stamp, but you did crave my indulgence.

So, I will tell you now that I did not read your post after the first line, however, your concern is appreciated smiley smiley

Such haughtiness and arrogance. Hmm.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
komekn:

Free mind is not licence for caustic rhetoric and condescending diction designed to ridicule and pull down.

There are some people on this thread who cannot have a conversation without abuse.

There are people I disagree with and we can be on the opposite sides of the coin. But you will not find BascoVanVeli or TheGoodJoe descending to caustic rhetoric.

In this regard your comments do nothing to diffuse the situation as they don't dissect the issue rather you give unjustified support to one side.

Clementoke:

To be fair, I think you attack Safarigirl unnecessarily. Infact, after such attacks, I do read her posts again to check her faults but usually don't find any. I didn't raise the issue with you until yesterday because the person being severally criticized (Safarigirl) have chosen not to respond to your fault-finding, so I just kept quiet.

Bros, from my post, I said "LET'S CONTINUE......". This refers to everyone including myself. I'm not for anyone using abusive and insulting posts. All my submissions ever posted on this thread shows that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
Sorry for the double post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Such haughtiness and arrogance. Hmm.

Lol. Quiet mode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:

Aunty go Siddon drink water jare, every time you dey quarrel with person cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
safarigirl:
You criticized me so well even peopoe had to ask why you were attacking me.

The likes of Mickael and humility even clarified your own biased stand for a simple post. You said I am filled with 'hate and malice' for posting basic knowledge

You cannot criticise anybody with strong words. You are the one filled with hate and malice, for you to use such words on someone you do not even know beyond social media. Someone you have only interacted with once..

Let me not even add the trolling of my person after the international break, it is all part of your psychotic idea of 'criticism' is it not?

After attacking me like an injured lion, you want to play the misunderstood cat all of a sudden?

Curtisaxel, you are no more than a shameless coward who gets a kick out of attacking me, own your hate and bitterness.

If these are your ideas of 'criticism' then you are obviously unwell.

Hmm. So pointing out your evident bias towards Komekn and Forgiveness is wrong?.

I have nothing to reply to your insults and mudslinging. In the words of the sage Icon4s, let your conscience be your judge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
Bunch of overfed babies...

This was once a lively sport thread. Now its a shadow of itself. All thanks to the master derailers. Today politics. Tomorrow its about a lady who acts porn. Next day its history. And then the next day it a popularity contest.

Aba. old mamas and old papas.
Make una grow up abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KpagoGIN(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
Those people involved in all the back and forth tension soaked conversation should please stop, shame they catch me for you people. Is this what i will be facing when NLC officially commence strike the devil is a liar, you all should take a chill pill cause sorrow only last for a night joy definitely will find the grieving heart. So on this note i beg to sleep. Shalom!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
komekn:

where did I use caustic rhetoric on Curtis in all his rants against me before tonight? When he attacked me on your behalf, why didn't you call him to order since you want people to be civil? Did you advise civility then or are you one of those who prefer to hide and let others fight your battles, only to come and play peacemaker later?

I already know you don't like me and I understand why, but tell me why Curtis attacked me even when I said nothing to him numerous times. Where was this advise of yours the three or so times he came at me without response on my part? Your own is even worse than him because he at least comes at me directly unlike you who prefer the cloak of false neutrality.

Allow people to express themselves without bullying them because they are not part of the people saying I'm a witch. Your own bias is established here.

Please, if you do have a response, make it timely, don't quote me tomorrow evening and expect me to read it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Fact

Good analysis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Abeg, make we troway quarrel. God punish devil.

Any update on Collins?. Allnigeria reported he was injured

(1) (2) (3) ... (5040) (5041) (5042) (5043) (5044) (5045) (5046) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.