Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686469 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5084) (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
Joebie:
So is that the reason why we played a friendly in Port-harcourt? Should we sacrifice simple logic as regards the inferior quality of the pitch in question just because we want to satisfy our culture of rotation? Did Pinnick give a reason why he insisted on PH and now Asaba? Mind you, I’m from Delta State.

Pinnick as a boss he is, has his reasons for the choice of Asaba as the match venue. And the coach and the players been his employee can't do anything about it than to agree. Or better still, they should boycott if dem get the mind..

Very soon, elclasico will be played on the USA soil, and the players and coaches can do little or nothing bout it.

They re ur bosses, they call the shots. If u re not yet it okay with it, u resign.
It's all boit the Benjamins bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
I’m sure u are that kind of boss — if you are one.

krattoss:
Pinnick as a boss he is, has his reasons for the choice of Asaba as the match venue. And the coach and the players been his employee can't do anything about it than to agree. Or better still, they should boycott if dem get the mind..

Very soon, elclasico will be played on the USA soil, and the players and coaches can do little or nothing bout it.

They re ur bosses, they call the shots. If u re not yet it okay with it, u resign.
It's all boit the Benjamins bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Danielnino00:
This Asaba pitch doesn't look good enough..

Its in a very bad shape
No wonder Rohr said it's not good a surface for eagles game but unluckily for him he doesn't call the shot as to what pitch to play in. This is a closer view of the pitch
And in other news Gov Okowa promises $25,000 per goal scored against SA

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
krattoss:
I think Rohr as an employee shouldn't be calling the shots to his bosses on where matches are to be played.

The question is, what do the bosses know about the value of venue to win games. That is like saying because you employed a statistician to work in your office, you will dictate the process he would use to do his job.

The coach is the one that works with the players while the so called bosses are chilling in their offices and dinner Meetings.

They should have taken Rohr to the venue and asked his opinion. If Rohr is not okay with the stadium, his decision should be final because the bosses need to give him every tool at their disposal for him to succeed. Picking venues against the wishes of the team and coaches is a clear case of sabotage.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
Joebie post=72942608[s:
]I’m sure u are that kind of boss — if you are one.[/s]

u ve completely digressed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
I’m sure others will get my point. You are what you defend.

krattoss:
u ve completely digressed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The question is, what do the bosses know about the value of venue to win games. That is like saying because you employed a statistician to work in your office, you will dictate the process he would use to do his job.

The coach is the one that works with the players while the so called bosses are chilling in their offices and dinner Meeting.

They should have taken Rohr to the venue and asked his opinion. If Rohr is not okay with the stadium, his decision should be final because the bosses need to give him every tool at their disposal for him to succeed. Picking venues against the wishes of the team and coaches is a clear case of sabotage.
one rule in 48 laws of power states that don't be smarter than ur boss.
It is what it is.
Rohr has been loosing on good pitches, he also has been winning on rough pitches.
Yes pitches on match venues should be upgraded but I still maintain that shouldn't be the only criteria for siting match venues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
Joebie:
I’m sure others will get my point. You are what you defend.

I am what I am bro cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
nelszx:

Its in a very bad shape
No wonder Rohr said it's not good a surface for eagles game but unluckily for him he doesn't call the shot as to what pitch to play in. This is a closer view of the pitch

What kind of nonsensical pitch is this.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
In good leadership, you listen to reason. After due consideration, you make an informed decision. This is why we don’t progress as a country, everyone wants to show power that are the boss. Somebody is trying to defend how SOME bosses act.

TheGoodJoe:

The coach is the one that works with the players while the so called bosses are chilling in their offices and dinner Meeting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good
krattoss:
I am what I am bro cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
krattoss:
one rule in 48 laws of power states that don't be smarter than ur boss.
It is what it is.
Rohr has been loosing on good pitches, he also has been winning on rough pitches.
Yes pitches on match venues should be upgraded but I still maintain that shouldn't be the only criteria for siting match venues.

There was a time Mourinho was to lead one of his teams against Barcelona and instructed the gardeners not to mow the pitch for some weeks. A so called boss can not come with over sabi and go against the coach's wish. The coach is a professional to do a job.

The NFF are only to provide the best condition the manager requests. Doing otherwise is as simple as sabotage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

There was a time Mourinho was to lead one of his teams against Barcelona and instructed the gardeners not to mow the pitch for some weeks. A so called boss can not come with over sabi and go against the coach's wish. The coach is a professional to do a job.

The NFF are only to provide the best condition the manager requests. Doing otherwise is as simple as sabotage.
AnD who told u the bosses reasons isn't for the teams interests?
U know his ration behind his decision of the match venue?
Dont sit on ur keyboard and judge with ur device if u ain't in his shoes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
krattoss:
AnD who told u the bosses reasons isn't for the teams interests?
U know his ration behind his decision of the match venue?
Dont sit on ur keyboard and judge with ur device if u ain't in his shoes.

As long as his reason is against the interest of the expatriate, he is against the success of the team and just about his personal agenda. It is simple logic.

I hope Pinnick and Okowa ordered for green oil paint to color the pitch because they will be needing it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
Joebie:
In good leadership, you listen to reason. After due consideration, you make an informed decision. This is why we don’t progress as a country, everyone wants to show power that are the boss. Somebody is trying to defend how SOME bosses act.

Even changing venue in such an important game is not ideal due to defeating the familiarity of the players with the venue and pitch. Now it will feel as if the players are going to an away ground to play due to training and playing on a new surface.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

As long as his reason is against the interest of the expatriate, he is against the success of the team and just about his personal agenda. It is simple logic.

I hope Pinnick and Okowa ordered for green oil paint to color the pitch because they will be needing it. cheesy
but in thing is certain. The employees have little or no choice Tha to to abide after all.
So the expatriates been conscientized, whether
It is or not his personal agenda is inconsequential.

Buh Las las.. That pitch needs more of atikulation grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
nelszx:

Its in a very bad shape

Due to the kind of pitch, I think the game should be titled, "Operation Desert Storm." grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Joebie:

who told u pinnick hasn't been listening to reasonings before coming to his conclusions?

Must everything be narrowed to the progression and retrogression of the country?

Is power tussle restricted to one clime?

And what's the big deal if one decides to play devils advocate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Due to the kind of pitch, I think the game should be titled, "Operation Desert Storm." grin
or better still, operation potato farming grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
This chuks aneke, is he in any way relate to jude aneke,

whp tear the npl apart with 20goals,
and where do jude play presently,??

cc tbaba1234, basconvanvali, icon4s, and joebie, chriskel you sef ooo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
DrLikita12:

I read that they plan to increase the number of schools involved next year. For commentary it would be a good chance for communication students/clubs to get involved.
Location probably affected attendance. A school would likely have more people coming to watch.

I agree with that. This is the chance for them to avoid the mistakes of the local league and do something much better.

I personally don't think supersports gives a hoot about our football because those commentators have been atrocious for years.

I also hope they get more games on TV next year and more sports
They should forget about neutral grounds for now and play closet to the highest seeded school in case they don't already have a stadium. Attendance means everything.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
PROVERBZ:
owner of team Nigeria UK follow them on instagram

Thank you. I just saw the page on Instagram
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
do4luv14:
This chuks aneke, is he in any way relate to jude aneke,

whp tear the npl apart with 20goals,
and where do jude play presently,??

cc tbaba1234, basconvanvali, icon4s, and joebie, chriskel you sef ooo grin

Not related.

Last i heard, Jude Aneke was at Ikorodu Utd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
wow(
MetalJigsaw:
South Africa 1.95 odd to win

Nigeria 4.15 odd to win... wonderful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Haha when were the venues picked and when did Rohr speak? And after Rohr gave his opinion in the media, what was Pinnick’s response also in the media? Guy no defend for the sake of defense.

Bad leadership vs good leadership. You know how it ends. Over here bad leadership is all we know, and many of you will gladly defend that.
You bow to the boss without giving any meaningful opinion or input, praying that one day it will be your turn to also show ur power. Turn by turn, na there una go remain.

krattoss:
who told u pinnick hasn't been listening to reasonings before coming to his conclusions?

Must everything be narrowed to the progression and retrogression of the country?

Is power tussle restricted to one clime?

And what's the big deal if one decides to play devils advocate?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Not related.

Last i heard, Jude Aneke was at Ikorodu Utd.

ikorodu ke? Former highest goal score for NPPL ooo! ,

or is it that i dont post my question well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
He plays in the NNL

do4luv14:

ikorodu ke? Former highest goal score for NPPL ooo! ,

or is it that i dont post my question well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
Joebie:
This corruption thing na everywhere. U dey talk the one u don see with korokoro eyes sha.
Truth is not all good players get “OPPORTUNITY”. It’s also true about other spheres of life.

100% correct unfortunately this is life.

However, what you look at is the reason they are denied opportunity and that's where corruption comes in.

If there can be blatant corruption here l often wonder what must be going on in Naija.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
charlesemeka85:

No doubt Dat aneke is a decent player and have been consistent in league 2 for the past 2 seasons but that is not enough 4 him to get an invite. At the age of 24 he should force a move at least to a championship team to prove himself and by so doing if he performs well he will get a look in

After his near two years injury nightmare in Belguim he came straight to league one obviously he lost value and had to prove his quality all over again. He hit the ground running to become the numero 1 player in league one last season. That was his first season back after injury.

At the end of the season he almost got himself into a real battle with his club who refused to let him go to the championship after several offers.

He is now playing in league two not because of lack of ability but OUTRIGHT REFUSAL by MK Dons to let him go.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Chuks Aneke is no stranger to people here. He played in Belgium and did not exactly light the place up.

Injury in the first place and I don't think they used hin properly as well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
nelszx:

Its in a very bad shape

$25,000 for each goal And you think this isn't motivation enough for that white-beard-herbalist-looking-potbellied FA president of ours to insist on the Asaba match venue?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hahaha.. in Naija? your guess is as good as mine.

komekn:

100% correct unfortunately this is life.

However, what you look at is the reason they are denied opportunity and that's where corruption comes in.

If there can be blatant corruption here l often wonder what must be going on in Naija.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5084) (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.