Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,780 members, 7,866,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11962352 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (16374) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hanibal:
There goes another team news and no Nacho... The thunder wey go fire this guardiola guy is on its way.
I pray city loose and that Jesus abi wetin him name be miss five one vs one with the goal keeper.

grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
Mancity tearing westham apart, ,,,my happiness Gabriel Neva score tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Make una no worry na. By the time Man city goes trophyless for two seasons with Pep style, nobody go tell Man city before dem go sack am.

This is no La Liga or Bundusliga where only one or two teams dominate the league. This is Premier League na. grin

With all the noise, Guardiola is coming to Man city, wetin dem play or where dem dey for the league? grin

Bhuuuhahaha! I even though by now e for don carry dem dey lead with 10 point but unfortunately na dem dey smell Arsss - nal yanch. Chai! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
joseph1013:

That is what happens when quacks have jobs. I have marked down his name: Festus Abu
LMAO grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hanibal:
There goes another team news and no Nacho... The thunder wey go fire this guardiola guy is on its way.
I pray city loose and that Jesus abi wetin him name be miss five one vs one with the goal keeper.

Pls stop calling the slowpoke Jesus, Fake Jesus. The real Jesus is our Lord Jesus christ, Jesus of Nazareth. Now, I smell the so called Gabriel will be given another iheanacho treatment by the slowpoke coach in the person of Mr PeP 'Regress-er guardiola

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
....and Gabriel Jesus scores!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Napoleon55:
do u really need to explain to that guy,who doesn't know that being a barcelona player that being an enyimba player
Enyimba is not anyhow club, some players will prefer playing for Enyimba than playing for a division 3 club in Spain, I don't know if the club is Barcelona or Madrid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
grin grin this match don vex me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
forgiveness:
Make una no worry na. By the time Man city goes trophyless for two seasons with Pep style, nobody go tell Man city before dem go sack am.

This is no La Liga or Bundusliga where only one or two teams dominate the league. This is Premier League na. grin

With all the noise, Guardiola is coming to Man city, wetin dem play or where dem dey for the league? grin

Bhuuuhahaha! I even though by now e for don carry dem dey lead with 10 point but unfortunately na dem dey smell Arsss - nal yanch. Chai! grin

He don feel am for body na!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
forgiveness:

I smell hatred! it d coach decision, so let accept it. city all d way!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Chrismario:
grin grin this match don vex me
the match no vex you pass me, I decide to watch man city game today to really access the Jesus guy and sincerely speaking am not Wowed nothing to warrant the hype, Leroy Sane is a more better player IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hossam El hardary just conceeded his first goal at this Afcon... It just have to be Bance.. Who else? grin
It's been an entertaining semifinals.
I love this Burkina babes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
peterd53:

I smell hate! it d coach decision, so let accept it. city all d way!

It's not about hate sir, na true he dey talk. Man city will go trophy-less this season and they will not make the top four, No cham-pain for dem next season. Chikena
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
zicky:
the match no vex you pass me, I decide to watch man city game today to really access the Jesus guy and sincerely speaking am not Wowed nothing to warrant the hype, Leroy Sane is a more better player IMO

Sane is the real deal

But who knows, Jesus might displace Aguero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ehen!!! So Gabby Jesus don score finally.... grin

**checks replay**

Mstchewwwww..... Tap-in... What's so special about a tap-in bikonu? grin I tot he's here as an upgrade.... Nacho scores tap-ins so easily.... Pep... Kontinu...

Meanwhile these burkina boys abi men dey make this match sweet wella.... grin

Sir DaveP... Come and continue your dance to Bance.... wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Gabby Jesus will displace Aguero because even Nacho fits into pep system better than aguero.... It would be unheard of to bench aguero for nacho in City and Pep himself no wan do am sef.

So definitely GJ will displace Kun...

Chrismario:

Sane is the real deal

But who knows, Jesus might displace Aguero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
joseph1013:
safarigirl, this our guy way no pure o.
lol, i been dey wait till end of the week before i go talk.

The guy set money finish, e no fit redeem am, imagine if na you lose bet grin. It is a big money in this economy mbok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
lakesidepapa:

He don feel am for body na!

Hehehehe! grin

I not wishing him bad but his style no go work for Premier League. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
lakesidepapa:

It's not about hate sir, na true he dey talk. Man city will go trophy-less this season and they will not make the top four, No cham-pain for dem next season. Chikena

alryt sir! but I can also assure u dat, pep is gonna get a cl automatic ticket (top 3) dz season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
peterd53:

I smell hatred! it d coach decision, so let accept it. city all d way!

I don't like how he side lines Africa players. He did it to Yaya, Eto and Keita. Even Song suffer for em hand.

When he went to Bayern, I watched to know what he was going to do with Alaba but he no fit do anything.

Now, the yeye guy no wan see African man for em team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
safarigirl:
lol, i been dey wait till end of the week before i go talk.

The guy set money finish, e no fit redeem am, imagine if na you lose bet grin. It is a big money in this economy mbok

If na me, na same day I go don pay. But I was 90% sure I would not lose.

lakesidepapa, how far na?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
There is considerable debate and a continous haranguing of Pep. On account of his decisions with regard to our boy Kelechi.

I am not in the least suprised there are some who have disagreed with me with colourful language.

It's important you are objective and not emotionally biased on account of support for African and or Nigerian players.

What has Kelechi achieved comparative to Aguero, Gabriel, Raheem and Sane. Then consider the pressure Pep Guardiola is under to deliver at this level you don't get time to develop you either deliver or you get bypassed.

I still feel and I haven't changed my opinion Kelechi is still a work in progress. The wrong turn and you can end up being a good looking uncompleted building.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
Congratulations to the pharoahs of Egypt... smiley

Wow! Their "tactical discipline" have paid off in huge ways.... Wow! What a team... Burkina faso is a strong side... First to breach The pharoahs' defence at this Afcon. smiley

Abeg.... Our "not going" to Afcon 2017 is now justified somewhat... grin We lost to an eventual Afcon finalist and possibly Champions... wink

Egypt is one step closer to being African Champs for the 8th time!!! Lawd!!! shocked

Na only dem dey Africa? undecided undecided

Anyway, Ghana and Cameroun both have 8 titltes between them (Ghana-4, Cameroun-4) and it would be very interesting to see which of them will earn the ticket to battle Egypt for a fifth crown...

Meanwhile, Our Super Eagles are still on Three Afcon Titles... Nna eh... Make 2019 come quickly abeg... angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
komekn:
There is considerable debate and a continous haranguing of Pep. On account of his decisions with regard to our boy Kelechi.

I am not in the least suprised there are some who have disagreed with me with colourful language.

It's important you are objective and not emotionally biased on account of support for African and or Nigerian players.

What has Kelechi achieved comparative to Aguero, Gabriel, Raheem and Sane. Then consider the pressure Pep Guardiola is under to deliver at this level you don't get time to develop you either deliver or you get bypassed.

I still feel and I haven't changed my opinion Kelechi is still a work in progress. The wrong turn and you can end up being a good looking uncompleted building.
Well he had the best goal statistics to game time last year in Europe. You don't have to be Nigerian to see that the guy is good. How can you deliver when you are hardly given the chance to showcase your talent. Sterling I don't need to argue this, you mean as a coach you would play sterling as your lone striker ahead of Nacho?? Anyways he can leave the club and go somewhere else to play, you sound as if Nacho has no record at all, that is being biased, how many strikers in the world have such statistics to boast of. Your comment is really not fair but time has a way of sorting things out anyways

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
komekn:

please, what have Raheem and Same achieved that you want to mention them in comparison to Kelechi with 3 CAF awards, one U17 gold medal, a Golden nall and Silver Boot? Do Raheem and Sane even have one team trophy Kelechi doesn't have, talk less of individual awards?

When you're bringing up such names in comparison to Kelechi, how will you mention objectivity?

If not that Kelechi even stayed back to make an impression on that bald-headed oyibo, he would probably have added Olympic Golden Boot/Ball and last last silver medal to his shelf. And you want to mention Sane that Kelechi even beat in the European Golden Boy awards and Ikebe Super because their price tag is flashy?

This is why you sound one kain some times. It's not us, it's you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Congratulations to the pharoahs of Egypt... smiley

Wow! Their "tactical discipline" have paid off in huge ways.... Wow! What a team... Burkina faso is a strong side... First to breach The pharoahs' defence at this Afcon. smiley

Abeg.... Our "not going" to Afcon 2017 is now justified somewhat... grin We lost to an eventual Afcon finalist and possibly Champions... wink

Egypt is one step closer to being African Champs for the 8th time!!! Lawd!!! shocked

Na only dem dey Africa? undecided undecided

Anyway, Ghana and Cameroun both have 8 titltes between them (Ghana-4, Cameroun-4) and it would be very interesting to see which of them will earn the ticket to battle Egypt for a fifth crown...

Meanwhile, Our Super Eagles are still on Three Afcon Titles... Nna eh... Make 2019 come quickly abeg... angry

This was why I did not fancy Cameroon's tactics, they can't score and if they concede early that would be more problems unlike Egypt. They defend well and hit you on the counter now that is strong. Not to underestimate cameroon but their lack of scoring is an issue. One a simple attack minded average side can deal with, unlike the Egyptians
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
komekn:

Kelechi was never at fault, he was just the fall guy. What does the boy have to do with setting up a strong defence as the base of ur team? Pep was found lacking and he has used Iheanacho to buy time. U give up a silly goal and then the game opens up because u are fighting for a goal and then u get punished on the counter, true story. Now Kompany is back and the sherade can continue with people thinking that Iheanacho was the cause of them losing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
A Big Congratulations to the great Pharoahs of Egypt for returning to their base with a Bang.

Now go to that finals and show the world that Nigeria did not miss this AFCON for nothing grin

#EgyptForTheWin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
God bless you for this Safarigirl!

If I replied that "subtly biased" post of his, some might may I should calm down coz I knew he was subtly referring to me...... smiley

Sir Komekn drop posts that is out to simply establish that the average foreign player is better than ours... Imagine him calling Sane in Kelechi's class... Just imagine. angry

Anyway.... God bless you. smiley

safarigirl:
please, what have Raheem and Same achieved that you want to mention them in comparison to Kelechi with 3 CAF awards, one U17 gold medal, a Golden nall and Silver Boot? Do Raheem and Sane even have one team trophy Kelechi doesn't have, talk less of individual awards?

When you're bringing up such names in comparison to Kelechi, how will you mention objectivity?

If not that Kelechi even stayed back to make an impression on that bald-headed oyibo, he would probably have added Olympic Golden Boot/Ball and last last silver medal to his shelf. And you want to mention Sane that Kelechi even beat in the European Golden Boy awards and Ikebe Super because their price tag is flashy?

This is why you sound one kain some times. It's not us, it's you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
justicejay:

I really miss this dude, I don't want him to leave in the 1st place, he is not only a coach to the club, but a loyal fans too. I hope he come back one day.
Miss you RM

Same here. Mancini made me start supporting Manchester City. I wish he never left. Glad he is still loyal to the club. Just as you feel, I hope he one day returns.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
God bless you for this Safarigirl!

If I replied that "subtly biased" post of his, some might may I should calm down coz I knew he was subtly referring to me...... smiley

Sir Komekn drop posts that is out to simply establish that the average foreign player is better than ours... Imagine him calling Sane in Kelechi's class... Just imagine. angry

Anyway.... God bless you. smiley

na one kain inferiority complex issue like that. I no just understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
@bolded... His comments have always been subtly biased and almost always never fair as regards Nigerian talents. I appreciate his range of knowledge and all but when it comes to discussing our Nigerian talents and talents of other countries especially european and south american nations, Sir Komekn treats the foreigners like "pure gold" and ours like "rag-tags".

This had been my observation since the beginning but as usual... All opinions are welcome smiley

Lazyerudite:

Well he had the best goal statistics to game time last year in Europe. You don't have to be Nigerian to see that the guy is good. How can you deliver when you are hardly given the chance to showcase your talent. Sterling I don't need to argue this, you mean as a coach you would play sterling as your lone striker ahead of Nacho?? Anyways he can leave the club and go somewhere else to play, you sound as if Nacho has no record at all, that is being biased, how many strikers in the world have such statistics to boast of. Your comment is really not fair but time has a way of sorting things out anyways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (16374) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.