Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11970958 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5158) (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
Now am in love with Rohr cool and calm!! After watching him on NaijaMade Live today on supersport, this man want the best for S.E.

He knows his player's so well,spoke on late substitution,Nacho Matter,Moses,Balogun,iwobi and local player's (Lokosa)

He also talked about our midfield (that the place the man his really having headache) grin grin

Argument on nacho issue should just end, it just pointless. we all know nacho has regress no confidence anymore!! We pray Leicester city coach give him game time.

Men on board also mentioning players name rohr should call up, honestly this man knows what his doing base on what I saw today live on S.S!!

Everything na steady steady
The like of Ebere and co will definitely be called up when it time.

Remember everyone can't be Nigerian Player.

No need to rush things

Personally,Rohr get many headache pass us because too many option.
He fell in love with Ajayi,Samuel Kalu kiss kiss kiss

No more war for here, if you can watch the complete episode of today Naijamade.

No more beer parlour rant,lol
Chikena!!!!

#One

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
I hope the referees at the Afcon won't overlook this kind of foul play.it appears deliberate

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
Eleniyan15:
Now am in love with Rohr cool and calm!! After watching him on NaijaMade Live today on supersport, this man want the best for S.E.

He knows his player's so well,spoke on late substitution,Nacho Matter,Moses,Balogun,iwobi and local player's (Lokosa)

He also talked about our midfield (that the place the man his really having headache) grin grin

Argument on nacho issue should just end, it just pointless. we all know nacho has regress no confidence anymore!! We pray Leicester city coach give him game time.

Men on board also mentioning players name rohr should call up, honestly this man knows what his doing base on what I saw today live on S.S!!

No need to rush things

Chikena!!!!

#One

Are you an OOUITE?/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
Danielnino00:

Are you an OOUITE?/

No, Lasuite any problem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
maidaboi:
check it on cybereagles forum
OK..thanks!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
Eleniyan15:

No, Lasuite any problem
Not at all...Your "steady steady" phrase got me wondering grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
komekn:

Stating facts is not bringing a player down.

Actually he has played 2 games in La Liga and barely 5 cup games. So maybe 7 first team games in his entire career.

My yardstick is always the league games because teams can give any player cup games not League games.

Considering how few games he has played is it not way too premature for him to be in the SE. We did the same with Nwakali and Osimhen.

How well they performed is totally IRRELEVANT, it is effectively denying far more deserving players OPPORTUNITY.

And given opportunity they may well do much better than all these rookies.

We have a player who is the 5th highest goal scorer in Turkish league not invited yet we can invite players from Isreal.

We have Josh Maja at 19 being courted by multiple EPL clubs and the same follows for Ebere Eze, and we invite a boy who has played two league games. Both players having played near three seasons of first team football.

Something is going on here, not sure what it is but it doesn't seem we are looking for the best we can get.

Or is thier a fear that some of these players may displace the favoured players by some in the NFF. I simply dont know.

But what's clear the system of selection is not based on measured consistent performance.

And if you have to respond can you be civil please abusive and caustic rhetoric doesn't promote intelligence.
Chukwueze wasn't invited while playing for Villarreal B despite being one of the outstanding players in Segunda B.

The system might not be perfect but I could recall a player once said "his man management skills are not that good but he rewards "hardwork".

Osimhen had to move for playing time and his goals in Belgium earned him a call-up.

Iheanacho according to Rohrs statement on him will not be dropped from the team which to me could be because he was the one that asked him to leave ManCity for another Epl team.

I must say this, Rohr rates the Bundesliga and Bundesliga2 just as you rate Epl and the Championship.If he can call-up Championship players why not Bundesliga2 players?

How many games has Dominic Iorfa played this season?

Ajayi has started all their games this season with a MOTM performance in one of them so he stands a better chance of getting a call-up than other players who need a switch of allegiance .

For Josh Maja, the league 2 is too too low for SE call-up.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2018
Danielnino00:
I hope the referees at the Afcon won't overlook this kind of foul play.it appears deliberate
We need VAR for AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
to me maja's issue is different judging by the case that he is English born. am not advocating for him to be a main stay in the team immediately but capping him now will do us a lot of good whereas England may stand a better chance to have him once he joins an epl club and performs well. we must not wait til these kids reach stardom before we approach them because by then it may be too late and sentiment aside 80% of them will choose England if they turn out to be super stars tomorrow.

he can be capped and drafted to the u23 team, same goes to the likes of ojo,eze,ejaria,tomori and onomah if possible. he is 19 and have shown alot of promise so he is worth the gamble. the likes of alli and lookman moved to epl teams straight from league one clubs

EEGA:
Chukwueze wasn't invited while playing for Villarreal B despite being one of the outstanding players in Segunda B.

The system might not be perfect but I could recall a player once said "his man management skills are not that good but he rewards "hardwork".

Osimhen had to move for playing time and his goals in Belgium earned him a call-up.

Iheanacho according to Rohrs statement on him will not be dropped from the team which to me could be because he was the one that asked him to leave ManCity for another Epl team.

I must say this, Rohr rates the Bundesliga and Bundesliga2 just as you rate Epl and the Championship.If he can call-up Championship players why not Bundesliga2 players?

How many games has Dominic Iorfa played this season?

Ajayi has started all their games this season with a MOTM performance in one of them so he stands a better chance of getting a call-up than other players who need a switch of allegiance .

For Josh Maja, the league 2 is too too low for SE call-up.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
Eleniyan15:

No need to rush things

Chikena!!!!

#One
Any link?

or brief us on wetin him talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
charlesemeka85:
to me maja's issue is different judging by the case that he is English born. am not advocating for him to be a main stay in the team immediately but capping him now will do us a lot of good whereas England may stand a better chance to have him once he joins an epl club and performs well. we must not wait til these kids reach stardom before we approach them because by then it may be too late and sentiment aside 80% of them will choose England if they turn out to be super stars tomorrow.

he can be capped and drafted to the u23 team, same goes to the likes of ojo,eze,ejaria,tomori and onomah if possible. he is 19 and have shown alot of promise so he is worth the gamble. the likes of alli and lookman moved to epl teams straight from league one clubs

bros all dis name wey u dey reel out make they cap Dem. Just have one word
DREAM ON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2018
EEGA:
Any link?

or brief us on wetin him talk.

Na e I brief una, if I start to dey type I fit use a whole one page cheesy.

Maybe someone else can help with the link, it was an interesting show today cool

They show recap episode at night on supersport but can't remember time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
Danielnino00:

Not at all...Your "steady steady" phrase got me wondering grin

Lol all na steal steady steady for life cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
komekn:

We need more competition.

Omeruo has not improved remained consistent at one level.

I see Ekong improving not that impressed with Ajayi he is not one of the top performers in the Championship, but he ok.

Not sure how he leep-frogged Dominic Iorfa to get into SE only Rohr can explain that. What went on behind the scenes.

I do think thier is an undeniable trend in the NFF, unexplainable to me, l could presume. That former youth international get given preference irrespective of thier club and league performance.

I've always known why you've kicked against Ajayi and it's because of Iorfa.

When was the last time Dominic kicked football?

Ajayi has won MOTM awards in the championship, he's playing consistently.

You keep citing Iorfa's MOTM awards from 4 years ago, then you later say that football has got short memories, but guess this is inapplicable to your darling Iorfa.

You're automatically prejudiced against Ajayi because he's another U-20 product.

You accuse others of double standards and present yourself as incapable of such, I guess it's high time you look in the mirror when next you're looking for the definition of a hypocrite.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
Eibar hammering Real Madrid 3-0 at the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
Ajayi is balling 4 Rotterdam very nice attempt on goal though his team is losing

If you are a rm fan no bet again cuz tickets Don cut they are losing 3-0 now I believe that coaches don't do miracles only players do a whole real Madrid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
Coach removes Modric for Isco bad decision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur have bragging rights over Arsenal after beating their North London rivals 3-2 in an U18 Premier League fixture held at Tottenham Hotspur Academy Spurs Lodge (Chigwell, Essex) on Saturday afternoon.

The handwriting was on the wall that the game week 10 contest was going to be a thriller after Nigerian striker Folarin Balogun opened the scoring for Arsenal in the 3rd minute.

Balogun's left-footed strike cannoned in off the crossbar but both sides were level at the interval with defender Jubril Okedina powering in a header in the 43rd minute.

Okedina's first goal in Tottenham Hotspur's colours arrived in his sixth appearance in the U18 Premier League.

With Spurs leading 2-1, goalkeeper Joshua Oluwayemi saved a penalty taken by Smith and preserved their lead before White curled in a free-kick to make it 3-1.

Arsenal were handed a second penalty in the 86th minute but it was saved again by the Nigerian goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2018
i am not insinuating that we must cap all but get those who are interested in changing allegiance to us to add more competition and quality to the team. DREAM OFF!
busky007:
bros all dis name wey u dey reel out make they cap Dem. Just have one word
DREAM ON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2018
Dutch-Nigerian right full back Tyronne Ebuehi could make his return to international football with the senior national team of Nigeria in their dead rubber AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report.

Ebuehi suffered ligaments damage few weeks into pre season training with his new team Benfica following his move in the summer from ADO Den Haag after his involvement with Nigeria at the World Cup in Russia.

He was initially feared out of the Africa Cup of Nations next year which Nigeria has qualified for with a game to spare after drawing 1-1 against South Africa in Johannesburg a week ago.

A check on Benfica injury update shows he is progressing nicely and well on course to return to competitive football on the 29th of January, two months before Nigeria’s last AFCON 2019 Qualifiers game against Seychelles.

It also means the 22 year old will no doubt be fully fit for next year Africa Cup of Nations which will take place in July in Cameroon with Nigeria taking part in it for the first time since winning the title in 2013.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
charlesemeka85:
i am not insinuating that we must cap all but get those who are interested in changing allegiance to us to add more competition and quality to the team. DREAM OFF!

Has he shown interest in playing for us?

Do you know the hundreds of Anglo -Nigerians playing in Academies all over Europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
Eleniyan15:

No need to rush things

Chikena!!!!

#One

I watched it too. Great show today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
Ndidi on the bench

Are my eyes deceiving me ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2018
he was once invited to the teams training camp in uk sometime last yea with ebereeze which he honored. i know they are lots of them in accademies all over england but i see nothing wrong luring some who are good enough for the super eagles and our cadet teams. if the likes of lakossa and co can get a chance to atleast train with the super eagles i see no reason why a promising 19 year old who is showing alot of promise cant be afforded such chance just because he is in the english 3rd tier. currently the likes of spurs,southampton,man city and crystal palace are interested in signing him and he is likely to move on since his contract with sunderland will end in the summer.
Earthquake2:

Has he shown interest in playing for us?

Do you know the hundreds of Anglo -Nigerians playing in Academies all over Europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2018
andrew444:
Ndidi on the bench

Let him rest a bit....he will not be match rusty...i was thinking that he was being OVERUSED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2018
charlesemeka85:
he was once invited to the teams training camp in uk sometime last yea with ebereeze which he honored. i know they are lots of them in accademies all over england but i see nothing wrong luring some who are good enough for the super eagles and our cadet teams. if the likes of lakossa and co can get a chance to atleast train with the super eagles i see no reason why a promising 19 year old who is showing alot of promise cant be afforded such chance just because he is in the english 3rd tier. currently the likes of spurs,southampton,man city and crystal palace are interested in signing him and he is likely to move on since his contract with sunderland will end in the summer.

Performing players like Paul Onuachu and Blessing Eleke are yet to get a look in the SE

We are not Comoros or Seychelles that will be sweating over a league 3 player

If he wants to play for the SE he should be patient and step up his game

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Dutch-Nigerian right full back Tyronne Ebuehi could make his return to international football with the senior national team of Nigeria in their dead rubber AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report.

Ebuehi suffered ligaments damage few weeks into pre season training with his new team Benfica following his move in the summer from ADO Den Haag after his involvement with Nigeria at the World Cup in Russia.

He was initially feared out of the Africa Cup of Nations next year which Nigeria has qualified for with a game to spare after drawing 1-1 against South Africa in Johannesburg a week ago.

A check on Benfica injury update shows he is progressing nicely and well on course to return to competitive football on the 29th of January, two months before Nigeria’s last AFCON 2019 Qualifiers game against Seychelles.

It also means the 22 year old will no doubt be fully fit for next year Africa Cup of Nations which will take place in July in Cameroon with Nigeria taking part in it for the first time since winning the title in 2013.
AMEN!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
komekn:

We need more competition.

Omeruo has not improved remained consistent at one level.

I see Ekong improving not that impressed with Ajayi he is not one of the top performers in the Championship, but he ok.

Not sure how he leep-frogged Dominic Iorfa to get into SE only Rohr can explain that. What went on behind the scenes.

I do think thier is an undeniable trend in the NFF, unexplainable to me, l could presume. That former youth international get given preference irrespective of thier club and league performance.

Pls advise Iorfa to move to league 2 or try Slovenia if he can't get to Turkey, Belgium or Holland. At this rate of inactivity he might not be able to run again o.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
maidaboi:
oya bring facts that proves lorfa is better than ajayi this season

This season sef too much, how about last season?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
andrew444:
Ndidi on the bench

No Vardy too

If Puel looses this match, he may be sacked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2018
he is active with wolves u23 team
Taliban:

Pls advise Iorfa to move to league 2 or try Slovenia if he can't get to Turkey, Belgium or Holland. At this rate of inactivity he might not be able to run again o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2018
Wolves youngster Buur’s new deal could mean curtains for outcast Iorfa

Wolverhampton Wanderers have handed a new deal to youngster Oskar Buur.

The highly rated right-back joined the club last year from Aarhus GF, and made his first-team bow in the EFL Cup against Bristol Rovers, before debuting in the Championship against Hull City – a game in which he actually scored an important equaliser.

Buur featured in pre-season for Wolves and regularly trains with the first-team, but Nuno Espirito Santo hasn’t yet called on the Danish defender this season.

He has, however, been a regular for the U23s, featuring nine times in PL2 so far this season.

He’ll be delighted to bag himself a new deal, but one man who might be concerned about the development could be forgotten man Dominic Iorfa.

End of the road for Iorfa?

Iorfa has been with Wolves since 2013 after coming up through the Black Country club’s youth system.

He burst onto the scene in the 2014/15 season, but really established himself in 2015/16, making 42 league appearances.

But last term he was loaned out to Ipswich Town, and this season he has appeared just twice in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Iorfa appears to have lost his way at Molineux in the last couple of years, and news of Buur’s new deal could see him leave in January.

Clearly the club feel confident enough in Buur that he can have a successful future at the club.

It is perhaps an indicator that he might soon be ready to challenge Matt Doherty for a place in the first-team, since he currently has no competition.

—tbrFootball

(1) (2) (3) ... (5158) (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.