Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11875299 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Yaya Toure has not played regularly in the role he is playing for Manchester City In this period. He is now playing mostly as a deep lying playmaker unlike as a box to box midfielder as he I known. Earlier this season, Yaya Toure was frozen out with Zero game time. After a long time, he took up a different role and excelled.

Sane, this season, not Schalke did not have game time. Yet came in and excelled. Or are you saying a player can have minutes at a small club, bench a whole season and play at a top form?

Iheanacho burst into the scene of Manchester City, in his first start, won the man of the match. Before Iwobi became a regular at Arsenal, he did not have game time, came in, did well and dumped Walcott on the bench.

Myth.

Ighalo was one of the quality strikers of the EPL in the first half of the season. With regular playing time, he lost form. Why did the game time not make him even better? Instead it made him worse. Myth.

They call someone like Ighalo one season wonder... He is not in the class of Iheanacho, Iwobi etc. (talent wise).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You should also consider Rohr's time in the youth system of Germany. Maybe he has a better network to study the German talents and get detailed report on them compared to England.

100% correct but in that is the problem. He is sticking to his comfort zone.

As you know there is too much money in the youth system and a whole lot of politics. A Nigerian youth player playing in a top team but with limited opportunities. Can still be an exceptional talent. For instance Pogba was no where at Manchester United he left from youth team to Juventus first team now the world's most expensive player.

You know that the potential talents across the English leagues are just well too many to mention. The talent pool here is immense just by simple rational there should be far more boys being considered here than anywhere else in the world apart from Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Consider Aguero leaving. It means he will get playing time. That is where my confusion is. Unless we secure a high profile hitman, I see Nacho breaking into the side, along side Sane and Gabriel Jesus. I see Sterling falling off. He was still not convincing today.

There is something you must always consider it would create issues of credibility if City doesn't field some English players.

Stone is not looking as good as was expected and that leaves Raheem. Full England international you really think Guardiola will drop him I certainly do not think so.

I'll say it again Guardiola does not have time to wait on players to mature and rise to the required standard. That includes Kelechi.

I still think that Gabriel is phenomenal I'm sorry he is considerably ahead of Kelechi as things stand.

Maybe I am biased but Raheem is looking good to me on the wing combining well with Gabriel and others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2017
komekn:

There is something you must always consider it would create issues of credibility if City doesn't field some English players.

Stone is not looking as good as was expected and that leaves Raheem. Full England international you really think Guardiola will drop him I certainly do not think so.

I'll say it again Guardiola does not have time to wait on players to mature and rise to the required standard. That includes Kelechi.

I still think that Gabriel is phenomenal I'm sorry he is considerably ahead of Kelechi as things stand.

Maybe I am biased but Raheem is looking good to me on the wing combining well with Gabriel and others.

Raheem might look good to you but do you honestly place him above Sane and Gabriel Jesus on the wings? Consider their work rate off the ball. Sterling is behind them. If you throw in Iheanacho, with his work rate speed and finishing, we have a more lethal front line. Yesterday, Gabriel Jesus threw two clean opportunities. We were wasted loads of chances that drew an angry reaction from Pep Guardiola.

With Iheanacho, we get a chance to solve our biggest problem. Converting our chances. Iheanacho is home grown. The English media can rave as much as they want, we get little backing from them with their negative report and the officiating from the English officials against us is atrocious. Sterling got booked yesterday for a clear foul. He got denied repeated clear penalty calls in recent game. They should stop pretending as if they love him or us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2017
komekn:

100% correct but in that is the problem. He is sticking to his comfort zone.

As you know there is too much money in the youth system and a whole lot of politics. A Nigerian youth player playing in a top team but with limited opportunities. Can still be an exceptional talent. For instance Pogba was no where at Manchester United he left from youth team to Juventus first team now the world's most expensive player.

You know that the potential talents across the English leagues are just well too many to mention. The talent pool here is immense just by simple rational there should be far more boys being considered here than anywhere else in the world apart from Nigeria.

I think Rohr should work with his tools at his disposal first. With time, he can spread his net to accommodate more youngsters from other regions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2017
Tarzaa:

My problem is playing time in a good league.

If Iheanacho can embrace his lessons at City, develop his work ethic and lifestyle, he can make that departure to a good league for playing time. I hope one season under Guardiola is enough for Iheanacho to venture on another football journey. How the season plays out will determine if Nacho will stay or leave.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2017
zicky:
Aguero is one of the best striker in the whole of EPL and one Jesus is keeping him one the bench, so Ndidi can also bench Fernandinho iif the coach believes in his ability.

Do you think Ndidi has the ability to draw Guardiola's belief to drop Fernandinho on the bench? Remember that Fernandinho is one of the best passers in the EPL. His work rate and style suits Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2017
Cameronians don gather liver. Asi bo kwa! grin

Cameroon Coach – We Have Defeated Teams Better Than Nigeria. Egypt, Senegal & Ghana Are Better

February 6, 2017
Nigeria

Coach of the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon Arthur Brooks says his team have put themselves in the best possible shape to beat Nigeria when the World Cup 2018 qualifiers resume.

A delighted Brooks told the Cameroonian media shortly after lifting the Africa Cup of Nations title, that there focus will shift to the World Cup 2018 qualifiers tie against Nigeria.

Nigeria are currently leading their group with Cameroon sitting four points behind in second place, but Brooks believes it will be a different ball game when they take on Nigeria in back to back World Cup Qualifiers in September.

” You have to allow us enjoy the joy of this remarkable victory before focusing on other task ahead. We won the trophy in style beating teams like Senegal, Ghana and Egypt in the final”, he said.

” Considering the pedigree of the teams I mentioned earlier are either better or same as Nigeria, it’s normal that if we can beat them in a tense situation like at the Cup of nations, we should also be confident against Nigeria”.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/870717961?-21310:8643:0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:23am On Feb 06, 2017
grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cameroon Defender Boast- We Are Champions Of Africa, Bring On Nigeria

Ahead of their September World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Nigeria Cameroon defender Ambrose Oyongo says they will approach the back to back games with the mentality of champions of Africa.

Cameroon will face group leaders Nigeria in back to back World Cup Qualifiers, with Nigeria four points ahead of them in the race to be in Russia following two straight victories while Cameroon have drawn their opening two games.

However Oyongo believes there’s a change of mentality in the squad, which will make them approach their remaining World Cup Qualifiers game as the number one team in Africa after winning the Cup of Nations.

” We have to allow the joy of lifting this trophy sink in quickly, because there is the big issue of qualifying for Russia 2018. As African champions we deserve to be there”, he said.

” The Confederations Cup in Russia will help us perfect our strategy before the game against Nigeria. We will be up against some of the best team in the World. We are champions of Africa we are not scared of Nigeria

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/870718844?-21310:8643:0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Those teams are not better than eagles under Rohr.
See, The team wey Rohr dey build small small so, if hin finish with am. Hin go conquer the world.

I just dey use one eye dey observe..

Brooks should not think it that way, The super eagles is a big game team. They show up against a good team.

forgiveness:

Cameroon Coach – We Have Defeated Teams Better Than Nigeria. Egypt, Senegal & Ghana Are Better

February 6, 2017
Nigeria

Coach of the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon Arthur Brooks says his team have put themselves in the best possible shape to beat Nigeria when the World Cup 2018 qualifiers resume.

A delighted Brooks told the Cameroonian media shortly after lifting the Africa Cup of Nations title, that there focus will shift to the World Cup 2018 qualifiers tie against Nigeria.

Nigeria are currently leading their group with Cameroon sitting four points behind in second place, but Brooks believes it will be a different ball game when they take on Nigeria in back to back World Cup Qualifiers in September.

” You have to allow us enjoy the joy of this remarkable victory before focusing on other task ahead. We won the trophy in style beating teams like Senegal, Ghana and Egypt in the final”, he said.

” Considering the pedigree of the teams I mentioned earlier are either better or same as Nigeria, it’s normal that if we can beat them in a tense situation like at the Cup of nations, we should also be confident against Nigeria”.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think Rohr should work with his tools at his disposal first. With time, he can spread his net to accommodate more youngsters from other regions.

And I also feel that for that Senegal friendly, save for 1 or 2 new inclusions he should field our full strength. The team seems to be improving and gelling with every successive match and that momentum must continue as we build up towards the June AFCON Qualifiers and August & September WC qualifiers.

TheGoodJoe did you watch the Leicester vs Manunited game yesterday?

Did Ndidi play? And how did he perform if he played?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2017
forgiveness:
grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cameroon Defender Boast- We Are Champions Of Africa, Bring On Nigeria

Ahead of their September World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Nigeria Cameroon defender Ambrose Oyongo says they will approach the back to back games with the mentality of champions of Africa.

Cameroon will face group leaders Nigeria in back to back World Cup Qualifiers, with Nigeria four points ahead of them in the race to be in Russia following two straight victories while Cameroon have drawn their opening two games.

However Oyongo believes there’s a change of mentality in the squad, which will make them approach their remaining World Cup Qualifiers game as the number one team in Africa after winning the Cup of Nations.

” We have to allow the joy of lifting this trophy sink in quickly, because there is the big issue of qualifying for Russia 2018. As African champions we deserve to be there”, he said.

” The Confederations Cup in Russia will help us perfect our strategy before the game against Nigeria. We will be up against some of the best team in the World. We are champions of Africa we are not scared of Nigeria

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/870718844?-21310:8643:0

No wahala. Una go hearam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2017
forgiveness:

February 6, 2017
Nigeria

Very good. I like this.

This is the beginning of his downfall. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think Ndidi has the ability to draw Guardiola's belief to drop Fernandinho on the bench? Remember that Fernandinho is one of the best passers in the EPL. His work rate and style suits Guardiola.
Maybe we should keep going in circle, Aguero is one of the best strikers in EPL and one Jesus without any pedigree in EPL keep him on the bench and you want me to believe Ndidi one of the best passers in Belgium can not bench Fernandinho all that is required is belief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
We Have To Be Physical And Technical Against Cameroon – Rohr Tells Super Eagles Stars

Ahead of Nigeria’s next World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Cameroon, coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has called on his players to match up to the physical and robust style of play of the Cameroonians.

Although the manager believes that been physical won’t be all his team need in the tie, he however doesn’t want his team to be bullied by the Cameroonians, when both teams clash in back to back game next year September.

Nigeria currently hold a four point lead over second placed Cameroon, and the trip to Yaounde will provide ample opportunity for both teams to consolidate their position as leaders of the group.

” We know what to expect from Cameroon, they are very physical. That is how they love to play, we have to be ready to match them in that regard. But been physical won’t be enough, we also have to be technical in our approach”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” We have the players to carry out the task of getting a positive result against Cameroon, all we have to do is to stick to our game plan, when the game comes up and not play into their hands”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/20/we-have-to-be-physical-and-technical-against-cameroon-rohr-tells-super-eagles-stars/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Very good. I like this.

This is the beginning of his downfall. grin

Abi! but there's something that is surprising me o, the Pharaoh didn't look like a good finalist to me, they got to that stage by fluke hence the easy run for the indomitable.

Had it been senegal, Ghana or any other strong team from west africa easily got to that final stage with cameroun as they did, it would have been a different ball game.

The Egyptian Bleep up, I wanted them to lift the trophy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Goddamn it! Ademola Lookman, This boy is very skillful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
goldfish80:

You say? grin
Oga u 2 much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
lakesidepapa:
Goddamn it! Ademola Lookman, This boy is very skillful.

are u also watching everton on supersports?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Abi! but there's something that is surprising me o, the Pharaoh didn't look like a good finalist to me, they got to that stage by fluke hence the easy run for the indomitable.

Had it been senegal, Ghana or any other strong team from west africa easily got to that final stage with cameroun as they did, it would have been a different ball game.

The Egyptian Bleep up, I wanted them to lift the trophy.

U guys still don't get it. Form has nothing to do with Cameroon. They have found their spirit I don't care what tactics we bring, if we are not ready to give it all for our shirt then they beat us and go to the world cup. I am sure we can beat them but its not by mouth we have to want it badly, them winning should pain us into wanting our own laurels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

are u also watching everton on supersports?
Yes! Right nw..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

U guys still don't get it. Form has nothing to do with Cameroon. They have found their spirit I don't care what tactics we bring, if we are not ready to give it all for our shirt then they beat us and go to the world cup. I am sure we can beat them but its not by mouth we have to want it badly, them winning should pain us into wanting our own laurels.

Yes they have found their lost spirit and they overran it against a weak team. They can't show up like this against a strong and technical eagles. Will
not even close.

They have been noted and they will be taken seriously, Both game at Uyo and Yaoude will be a cracker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
AF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Algeria
Cameroon can't stop Nigeria from World Cup - Uche Agbo

Benjamin Moukandjo of Cameroon celebrates goal during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Finals football match between Burkina Faso and Cameroon at the Libreville Stadium in Gabon on 14 January 2017 ©Gavin Barker/BackpagePix

by Staff Reporter
Sunday Feb 05, 2017. 12:33

Cameroon may be just a game away from a fifth AFCON title today, but Super Eagles ace Uche Agbo has maintained the Indomitable Lions will not stop Nigeria from next year’s World Cup despite their recent exploits in Gabon.

Young Indomitable Lions without several of their top stars have surprised many by going all the way to today’s championship game against Egypt in Libreville.

In August, Nigeria will welcome the Cameroonians in a crucial World Cup qualifier in Uyo with the reverse fixture four days later.

However, Agbo said Nigeria remain on course for a place at Russia 2018 and not even a resurgent Cameroon could stop them.

“With all due respect, the AFCON is not the World Cup. And whatever Cameroon achieved at the AFCON will not stop us from being at Russia 2018,” he said.

“I haven’t seen anything special in the Cameroonian team. They do not have what it takes to stop the Super Eagles.

“No team can stop us from the World Cup.”

Nigeria lead their qualifying group for the World Cup with six points from two matches, while Cameroon have two points.

Zambia and Algeria are on a point each with only the overall winners advancing to next year’s World Cup in Russia.

By Kola Daniel

africanfootball.com/news/685397/Cameroon-cant-stop-Nigeria-from-World-Cup-Uche-Agbo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
Ifeanyi Matthew scores in Lillestrom big win

Former Nigeria youth international Ifeanyi Matthew was among the goal scorers for his Norwegian team Lillestrom on Saturday in a 4-0 thrashing of Sarpsborg 08 in a friendly.

The former Kano Pillars midfielder hit the target in the 18th minute to give his side a 2-0 lead.

The 20-year-old Matthew scored two goals in eight games last season for Lillestrom.

He has represented Nigeria at U17, U20 levels as well as featured at last year’s CHAN in Rwanda.

mtnfootball.com/mobi/news/685203/Ifeanyi-Matthew-scores-in-Lillestrom-big-win

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Yes they have found their lost spirit and they overran it against a weak team. They can't show up like this against a strong and technical eagles. Will
not even close.

They have been noted and they will be taken seriously, Both game at Uyo and Yaoude will be a cracker.
I don't think we are there yet o, allow Rohr build his team and hope for the best. Everyone that is saying Egypt were lucky, I disagree. They simply met a better side. A team that stopped us from qualifying Only thing I think you need against this Cameroonian side is possession football and quick short passes. Oh least I forget. Take ur chances!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2017
When Senegal played them, there was no much physical play but they defended well. I think we should respect their coach sha o. He seems to understand teams well. To beat him you probably need to surprise him too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2017
AF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Egypt
Eagles must be prepared to stop 'improved' Cameroon - Amuneke

[img][/img]
African champions Clinton Njie (l), Vincent Aboubakar and Michael Ngadeu

Indomitable Lions of Cameroon have improved and are on a high after they were crowned African champions for a fifth time and as such Nigeria must step up to stop them in World Cup qualifiers, Emmanuel Amuneke has warned.

Nigeria will welcome Cameroon to Uyo at the end of August, before they travel away for the return leg four days later.

Amuneke was a pundit for Bein Television for the AFCON in Gabon and he will praise the young Indomitable Lions while cautioning the Eagles against their World Cup rivals.

“Yes, Cameroon are a good team. Tactically they improved with every game with different approaches during the AFCON,” said Amuneke.

“They deserved to be champions. They were very determined and how they approached every game was commendable.

“We therefore need to prepare very well if the super Eagle really want to beat this team in Nigeria because the confidence of the Indomitable Lions has grown after they were crowned African champions.”

Nigeria lead their 2018 World Cup qualifying group with six points from two matches, while Cameroon are on two points.

Zambia and Algeria are on a point each.

By Kola Daniel

africanfootball.com/news/685732/Eagles-must-be-prepared-to-stop-improved-Cameroon-Amuneke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
terzurum5:
AF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Algeria
Cameroon can't stop Nigeria from World Cup - Uche Agbo

Benjamin Moukandjo of Cameroon celebrates goal during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Finals football match between Burkina Faso and Cameroon at the Libreville Stadium in Gabon on 14 January 2017 ©Gavin Barker/BackpagePix

by Staff Reporter
Sunday Feb 05, 2017. 12:33

Cameroon may be just a game away from a fifth AFCON title today, but Super Eagles ace Uche Agbo has maintained the Indomitable Lions will not stop Nigeria from next year’s World Cup despite their recent exploits in Gabon.

Young Indomitable Lions without several of their top stars have surprised many by going all the way to today’s championship game against Egypt in Libreville.

In August, Nigeria will welcome the Cameroonians in a crucial World Cup qualifier in Uyo with the reverse fixture four days later.

However, Agbo said Nigeria remain on course for a place at Russia 2018 and not even a resurgent Cameroon could stop them.

“With all due respect, the AFCON is not the World Cup. And whatever Cameroon achieved at the AFCON will not stop us from being at Russia 2018,” he said.

“I haven’t seen anything special in the Cameroonian team. They do not have what it takes to stop the Super Eagles.

“No team can stop us from the World Cup.”

Nigeria lead their qualifying group for the World Cup with six points from two matches, while Cameroon have two points.

Zambia and Algeria are on a point each with only the overall winners advancing to next year’s World Cup in Russia.

By Kola Daniel

africanfootball.com/news/685397/Cameroon-cant-stop-Nigeria-from-World-Cup-Uche-Agbo
Who is uche agbo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
Icon4s:

And I also feel that for that Senegal friendly, save for 1 or 2 new inclusions he should field our full strength. The team seems to be improving and gelling with every successive match and that momentum must continue as we build up towards the June AFCON Qualifiers and August & September WC qualifiers.

TheGoodJoe did you watch the Leicester vs Manunited game yesterday?

Did Ndidi play? And how did he perform if he played?

I watched the Leicester City vs Manchester United game and Ndidi was amazing. No exaggeration. What impressed me most was his constant running. He has good stamina. He showed brilliant passing, both long and shot. Pulled off some impressive dribbles. Showed aerial strength, winning some aerial balls and made nice blocks.

Unfortunately, his team is working on a different frequency than Ndidi. Morgan and Fuchs were also impressive but Morgan the better. I hope Ndidi's performance can translate to good results for his team because they need it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2017
If A'aron samuel can be on form up to august i will want him to be our striker 9 because we need strong player against cameroun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
Why Ezekiel Bassey Didn’t Make His Barcelona Debut Against Athletic Balears

Barcelona new signing Ezekiel Bassey was among the players not listed for action by coach Gerard Lopez when the B team lost 1-2 to Athletic Balears.

Ezekiel arrived the club on loan from Nigeria Premier League side Enyimba FC of Aba on transfer deadline day, but wasn’t dressed for today’s game due to issues outside his football abilities.

The 20 year old has been impressive in traning with the B team, but he is yet to be granted a work permit which will allow him play in competitive games even for the main team.

He will be issued a work permit in around three weeks time as exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com few days ago, but he has to travel back to Nigeria for the process to be complete.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/05/why-ezekiel-bassey-didnt-make-his-barcelona-debut-against-athletic-balears/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
Onyekuru To Celtic?, 19 Year Old Striker Reveals Summer Switch

KAS Eupen Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru has revealed that an agreement has been reached for him to join the club of his choice in the summer.

Onyekuru who went on strike to push a move to Celtic during the January transfer window returned back to the team during the week, and played a part in yesterday’s game against Waasland Beveren.

The forward who has 10 goals for Eupen this season revealed shortly after the game which his team lost 0-2, that an agreement has been reached for his transfer in the summer to the club of his choice.

“It wasn’t easy while it lasted but I thank God it’s been resolved.

“An agreement was reached with Eupen that I will be allowed to move in the summer to my club of choice. For now, I remain with Eupen until the end of the season,” he said.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/05/onyekuru-to-celtic-19-year-old-striker-reveals-summer-switch/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: villagereporter(m), Christology(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.