Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11781147 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5274) (5275) (5276) (5277) (5278) (5279) (5280) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Danielnino00:

You think Seun cares? He and his moderators know the kind of news that attract more traffic.. those are the kind of news they move to front-page...

Cleavage baring, Tonto Dikeh, Miyetti allah

Front page=======>
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
Earthquake2:

Cleavage baring, Tonto Dikeh, Miyetti allah
Front page=======`,
Snake threads and yeyebrity news.. Honestly its becoming pathetic..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Danielnino00:

Snake threads and yeyebrity news..
Honestly its becoming pathetic..

I see a lot of topics die in the arts section

Nairaland should be a step above the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Danielnino00:

You think Seun cares? He and his moderators know the kind of news that attract more traffic.. those are the kind of news they move to front-page...

And a News like this cannot attract traffic?

Go to sports compact, it is the number one most viewed News item.

If Nairaland does not consider Ahmed Musa winning Nairaland National Team Football Fans Award as News, even when it made front page when some other group gave him the award, then we are missing something here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
I have received advise from well meaning soccer fans out there who know the value of celebrating Nigerian Football to create Award plaques for the award winning players.

We are taking an extra step and looking at, for a start, creating for only Musa and Oluehi. It won't take anything to send the award plaques to the NFF secretariate for them to give to both players.

By so doing there is no way the winners , the NFF and other Super Eagles and Falcons players will not know about the Awards and this wonderful group. cool

Abeg who is with me on this? Click like if you agree and If you are against click share.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
I know this is a wonderful idea

But for the sake of diversity I click 'share' grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bros na typo error lmao
ChrisKels:

No be Mikel Agu I been see before now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:26am On Dec 23, 2018
Musa Yahaya came on in the 37th minute for Porto B

Nwakali was an unused sub.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 1:50am On Dec 23, 2018
This komekn man ehn, sometimes I can’t just cry when you degrade some home breeds players to praise your fb ones... I have followed your comments a lot and i see you are biased at times, please try to be factual always, it will do you no harm but good...thank you
komekn:

You are informed, conversant to a degree and clearly educated. Thar means you should be able to look at the EPL and know the attributes required for a striker.

Particularly when you are not in one of the top six teams in the EPL.

I know a lot about Niasse he got caught up in football politics by Koeman who wanted to bring in his own players ( deal matter) lt wasn't really about football.

He waa denied opportunity, however after going to Hull and excelling plus add to the fact he is the kind of player Sam Allardyce likes. THINGS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED for him.

One again you ate trying to compare the incomparable.

Look at Niasse and look at KC one is built ready made for the lower half of the EPL and the other is not.

Put in bluntly KC can not hold the line is not physically imposing, is unable to bully defenders and can't operate without support.

Finally his goal record is Abysmal over the past two seasons. You want to score goals will you buy a player who cannot score.

Please beeco think the matter wel, l U go take open eye buy bad market. Haba quarrel no deh.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 1:55am On Dec 23, 2018
Sound it more to his hearing ,komekn needs to change
realpoacher:

Solanke is waste man and he is a failure at Liverpool

Tammy Abraham is a waste man and a failure at Chelsea and Swansea

Lookman is a waste man and fastened with seat belt on Everton's bench

Josh Maja is a waste man and a failure in the championship for 3 seasons now

Iheanacho has scored more EPL career goals than all these four waste men combined

Wait for it

Iheanacho is home born while these four waste men are foreign born

No wonder the hate is over the rooftop

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:55am On Dec 23, 2018
busky007:
Good news for hopeless Balogun is that dunk got his own red card meaning balongun will probably play their next 2 match. That guy is wasting his chances ooo
If na naija wey he dey, some people will be like he is using jazz
LMFAO
Meanwhile Ajayi Rotterdam was raped 4-0 why the rest of our championship reps won by a lone goal

Let's see how his partnership with Duffy forms.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2018
angryevery time we are competing for nationality with other countries
see why I don't really like all this our love every onyibo brought up to play for super eagles and forget to develop our own d day it will hurt us is coming
https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/46226854

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 7:35am On Dec 23, 2018
And Man U wallops Cardiff by 5 goals to 1. Where are the "Mourinho needs to be more strict with the players" crew?. Nonsense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2018
oloriooko:
Pls where on earth is junior Ajayi the last time I heard of him was when he played for Al Athly if am correct

He has been injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:17am On Dec 23, 2018
Icon4s:
I have received advise from well meaning soccer fans out there who know the value of celebrating Nigerian Football to create Award plaques for the award winning players.

We are taking an extra step and looking at, for a start, creating for only Musa and Oluehi. It won't take anything to send the award plaques to the NFF secretariate for them to give to both players.

By so doing there is no way the winners , the NFF and other Super Eagles and Falcons players will not know about the Awards and this wonderful group. cool

Abeg who is with me on this? Click like if you agree and If you are against click share.

Very wonderful idea. Let's not just be talking alone, let's be doing something too, no matter how small. The plaque will be a manifestation of what the power of friendship, passion, patriotism and love can achieve. We've all spent our time, energies and data passionately supporting Nigerian football for years on this forum, we've celebrated our victories, and mourned our losses. We've analyzed and argued and examined. We've made friends and built relationships. This is no longer just a forum, it has become a family. I think it's high time we had let the world see what we can do.

I fully support this idea and I call on all of us to support it morally, financially, and in any way we can.

Namaste.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2018
The pharaohs of Egypt will take on the Super Eagles of Nigeria on the 26,th March 2019.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2018
groundnutoil:
angryevery time we are competing for nationality with other countries
see why I don't really like all this our love every onyibo brought up to play for super eagles and forget to develop our own d day it will hurt it is coming
https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/46226854

Your English just gave me headache

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2018
BRENTFORD 1-0 BOLTON

Moses Odubajo Rating:

Had a strong game on the right, often leading counter-attacks and feeding the forwards. 8

—FootballLondon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:34am On Dec 23, 2018
Jack Ross explains Josh Maja's no-show as Sunderland lose at Portsmouth

Sunderland leading scorer Josh Maja was left on the bench as the Black Cats lost at league leaders Portsmouth this afternoon

BY JAMES HUNTER
18:14, 22 DEC 2018UPDATED18:31,
22 DEC 2018

Josh Maja missed Sunderland’s defeat at league leaders Portsmouth due to illness, according to Jack Ross.

The club’s 13-goal leading scorer was named on the bench at Fratton Park but played no part as ten-man Sunderland lost 3-1, leading fans to question why the 19-year-old did not feature.

The fact that Maja is currently in the final year of his contract on Wearside and talks on a new deal dragging on added a further layer of intrigue.

But Ross insists Maja has been unwell and was only included amongst the subs because Adam Matthews had to withdraw on the morning of the match with a calf problem.

Instead Ross started with Duncan Watmore - who was making his first league start after 13 months out following a serious knee injury - up front, and says that was how he had planned to set up against Pompey, although Maja would have played a part had it not been for his illness.

“Josh was unwell,” said Ross. “He wouldn’t have started because the way we set up to begin with was what we had worked on and I thought it worked.

“But he would always have come on, regardless of how the game was going, however he wasn’t feeling great this morning and we didn’t really have any other option other than to include him on the bench because we lost Adam Matthews this morning as well.

“We were a little bit hamstrung in that respect.

“With him being unwell, rather than ask him to play 1-15 minutes in these conditions, we decided to look after him and hopefully he will be OK for Boxing Day.”

—ChronicleLive

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Very wonderful idea. Let's not just be talking alone, let's be doing something too, no matter how small. The plaque will be a manifestation of what the power of friendship, passion, patriotism and love can achieve. We've all spent our time, energies and data passionately supporting Nigerian football for years on this forum, we've celebrated our victories, and mourned our losses. We've analyzed and argued and examined. We've made friends and built relationships. This is no longer just a forum, it has become a family. I think it's high time we had let the world see what we can do.

I fully support this idea and I call on all of us to support it morally, financially, and in any way we can.

Namaste.

Thanks for this heart lifting comment my brother.

We have been talking talking and talking here for years. It is time for us to move to the next level.

We should let the players and coaching crew feel the pulses of the fans. They have to know we have fans who follow them year in year out from national team to their clubs.

If this be our only contribution to Nigerian football let it be. We all are part of the story thus far and together we shall take this forum and Nigerian football to greater heights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Premier Cool Trivia: Who is Manchester City’s most expensive sale?

15 hours ago

Apart from their exploit in English football as three-time Premier League winners and five-time FA Cup triumphs, Manchester City are famed for making expensive signings.

The Citizens have been transformed into a global heavyweight since the arrival of Sheikh Mansour, with big-money being pumped into a squad.

In January 2018, Algeria's Riyad Mahrez became the club-record signing at £60 million, but who is the club’s most elaborate sale?

It will come as a surprise to many that the player who holds that record is Nigeria international, Kelechi Iheanacho.

Iheanacho, who failed to tie down a regular place at the Etihad Stadium was shipped out to Leicester City in a £25 million deal.

The Super Eagles forward scored four goals in 20 appearances but fell out of favour with manager Pep Guardiola.

The record was previously held by Spaniard Alvaro Negredo who was sold to Valencia for £24 million in 2015.

-goal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Who is 'Jose Uche' of SD Huesca?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Utonwanne:

Jose ignacio uche , pure Spanish player and not in anyway related to Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Utonwanne:

Na just name wey resemble name, I don't think he has any Nigerian blood flowing in his veins. Ever heard of another Spanish player "Raul Uche" of Leicester?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
This question goes to the history lovers in here. The name "Kanu" is gradually becoming a household name in Brazil(one Kanu even plays for Kortrij in the Belgian first division) due to Nwankwo's heroics in Atlanta 96, now, what inspired same name in Sierra Leone? I av come across some Kanus from Freetown that I mistook for Nigerians. Does it have anything to do with the defunct slave trade?

Icon4s, junnyjake and other history lovers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Joebie:
BRENTFORD 1-0 BOLTON

Moses Odubajo Rating:

Had a strong game on the right, often leading counter-attacks and feeding the forwards. 8

—FootballLondon

This boy has really come back stronger. Ideal full back.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
Princezibk:
This komekn man ehn, sometimes I can’t just cry when you degrade some home breeds players to praise your fb ones... I have followed your comments a lot and i see you are biased at times, please try to be factual always, it will do you no harm but good...thank you

You have started from the position of presumption without one iota of substance. Everything you say is birthed from self perception.

Here you are asking for a person to be factual. But you present ZERO FACTS yourself just assumptions.

So please state the facts, who are the Nigerian born players that I have downgraded in comparison to Nigerian origin players born in the UK.

Please be factual STATE THE FACTS and let us disect with objective comparative analysis if you like with a quasi balance score card assessment.

And then we can determine who is being BIASED.

Please don't hide behind unsubstantiated rhetoric.

State the players and the facts. I challenge you to name just one not even three. And the biased unfair comparison l used.

Since you are asking me to be factual. It shouldn't be hard for you to STATE THE FACTS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dennis score for brugge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
ChrisKels:
This question goes to the history lovers in here. The name "Kanu" is gradually becoming a household name in Brazil(one Kanu even plays for Kortrij in the Belgian first division) due to Nwankwo's heroics in Atlanta 96, now, what inspired same name in Sierra Leone? I av come across some Kanus from Freetown that I mistook for Nigerians. Does it have anything to do with the defunct slave trade?

There is a region in Brazil that even till this day Yoruba is spoken among Sone of them. There is an affinity for some things Nigerian l would guess.

Nonetheless., l think Kanu endeared himself to many Brazilians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Joebie:
BRENTFORD 1-0 BOLTON

Moses Odubajo Rating:

—FootballLondon

Considering he has come back from a two year injury nightmare. He is doing EXCEPTIONAL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
komekn:

There is a region in Brazil that even till this day Yoruba is spoken among Sone of them. There is an affinity for some things Nigerian l would guess.

Nonetheless., l think Kanu endeared himself to many Brazilians.

Descendants of Yoruba Slaves. They were able to pass down elements of their culture. Many yoruba Brazilians returned to Nigeria in the late 1800s.

This is different from being named Kanu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
ChrisKels:

There is also a Robson-Kanu in the Wales national team. I don't think it has anything to do with the abolished slave trade. Although there are several part of Brazil where we still have enclaves of ex-Nigerian (mostly Yoruba) slaves. But one thing about slave trade, the slaves hardly keep their original native African names as the new owners forced foreign names on them. So u will hardly see a slave lineage that has their original African surname preserved to this mordern time.

That Kanu of Brazil or Sierra Leone are not likely related to Nigerian origin. They most likely do not even have the same meaning. Just different words or meaningd with same pronunciation. I have seen similar words in Igbo and Yoruba with same or similar spellings but completely different meanings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5274) (5275) (5276) (5277) (5278) (5279) (5280) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Yachambliss(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.