Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11646751 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5312) (5313) (5314) (5315) (5316) (5317) (5318) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2019
bazooka1:

Are you sure you read your own comment? Someone asked do have Nigerian players who can bench the Croatians, you replied Samuel Kalu, Ndidi and Mikel.
Why did you bring up Kovacic, Vrjlasko and Loveren ( asking about his Liverpool form) and their clubs respectively, if you didn't mean actually mean “club“?
You don't have to run from pillar to post. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Nawao
I brought up their club form when he called them world class. About benching matters, he was referring to their national team.
Issokay bro, opinions differs and we are all learners anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
elyte89:

Dis last statement got me cracking grin grin grin
My brother, the last world cup was nothing to write home about from the Nigerian perspective. The standard of football from the Super Eagles was appalling.
Tbaba1234 was defending the team as if the plan all along was to limit Croatia to just 2-0. If we were talking about Panama, I will understand. But for a country like Nigeria? That is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
bazooka1:

You know Seychelles can also say this. They can make claims that they were up to par with the Super Eagles, after all, we didn't score them from open play.
The first goal credited to Musa by some was actually an own goal from their goalkeeper and the other 2 goals were from set pieces.
Deep down, we know Nigeria was never in trouble in that game, at no point did we feel under pressure.

Now let's apply this same sense to the Croatia match. You feel we nullified them when in reality we offered nothing and at no point did the Croatians feel the game was swinging in our direction.
We played with no urgency, Mikel Obi who most people thought was the creative hub of the Eagles couldn't orchestrate anything. We offered no threat from open play nor from set pieces.
I have never seen a good team go a goal or 2 down and they aren't throwing the kitchen sink at the opponent to salvage something.

It felt as if our game plan was to loose 2-0.

There is no comparison.

Nigeria was drab in the seychelles but we still had more shots on goal than Croatia had all game.

Both teams offered nothing going forward. Croatia's only shot on target all game was a tame effort from outside the box.

My point is simple. Croatia were not far better than us on the day. It was a drab game decided by small margins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
tbaba1234:

What is the correlation?

Stop saying nonsense biko.

Mediocrity that's the common factor there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mickael2:

Mediocrity that's the common factor there.

Please keep this conversation to the 1 game, i am talking about.

My support for any foreign club has nothing to do with Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
femianski:
the rashford that iheanacho fanboys were comparing iheanacho with about two seasons ago is scoring goals and making assists for fun

Why was Rashford not performing that way for Mourinho? I said it, football systems affect players. Put Nacho in a better system and he will flourish.

Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

I used to be active until I realize Patriotism is rather understood as Fanaticism on this Thread..... To some extent - its becoming Extremism.

It does baffle me when having a contrary Views is tantamount to hating, critiquing national Players is rather believed to be; bringing them down.

Most times, you gonna need to re-watch a Match cos Comments here would make you think - you are seeing a different Match that nigerian Player(s) is involved. You will be completely marvelled with the Updates; if you ain't seeing the Game.

Every time, we must dig out Beer-Palour Stats from lame Sites to prove our Players are as performing as Messi and the Ilks. Every time..... Our Players must be the standout Performers on the Pitch. Why do we feel happy from feeding ourselves with Lies, unverifiable Facts?!

Ain't it too lame comparing Mbappe with any of our present young Guns?! Ain't it a peak of foolery thinking Onyekuru will bench Mbappe at PSG?!

I saw the Arsenal last Match and wasn't impressed with Iwobi's Performance at all. Wanted to call him out for squaring a Pass to Laca instead of shooting on Goal for a Rebound - but the fear of being tagged an Hater who wanna bring him down made me to desist.

I do not have thick skin like Mickael2, Forgiveness, elyte89, Komekn, Curtisaxel7....... Hence I decide watching from the Sideline but never abandon like goldfish80 or Mujtahida.

But, did you feel the urge to praise Iwobi for his unbelievable pass to Maitland-Niles against Liverpool, a pass even De Bruyne would be proud of?

What about his brilliant assist to Xhaka?

More interested in his misplaced pass.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

I used to be active until I realize Patriotism is rather understood as Fanaticism on this Thread..... To some extent - its becoming Extremism.

It does baffle me when having a contrary Views is tantamount to hating, critiquing national Players is rather believed to be; bringing them down.

Most times, you gonna need to re-watch a Match cos Comments here would make you think - you are seeing a different Match that nigerian Player(s) is involved. You will be completely marvelled with the Updates; if you ain't seeing the Game.

Every time, we must dig out Beer-Palour Stats from lame Sites to prove our Players are as performing as Messi and the Ilks. Every time..... Our Players must be the standout Performers on the Pitch. Why do we feel happy from feeding ourselves with Lies, unverifiable Facts?!

Ain't it too lame comparing Mbappe with any of our present young Guns?! Ain't it a peak of foolery thinking Onyekuru will bench Mbappe at PSG?!

I saw the Arsenal last Match and wasn't impressed with Iwobi's Performance at all. Wanted to call him out for squaring a Pass to Laca instead of shooting on Goal for a Rebound - but the fear of being tagged an Hater who wanna bring him down made me to desist.

I do not have thick skin like Mickael2, Forgiveness, elyte89, Komekn, Curtisaxel7....... Hence I decide watching from the Sideline but never abandon like goldfish80 or Mujtahida.

Bros that remark you made about Iwobi says a lot about your Perception about Nigerian players. My God! U just singled out that decision he made and you blinded out his remaining performances in that game.

It is comment like these that make some come out to become attorney to some players here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hmmmm,

we are in a very new year ooo,

yet, argument seems to be flying here and there,

with accusations and counter accusations,

hmmm make ah just go one corner go sidon dey look,

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
tbaba1234:

There is no comparison.

Nigeria was drab in the seychelles but we still had more shots on goal than Croatia had all game.

Both teams offered nothing going forward. Croatia's only shot on target all game was a tame effort from outside the box.

My point is simple. Croatia were not far better than us on the day. It was a drab game decided by small margins.

It was a drab game, no doubt but even poorer by the loosing side as they couldn't make make any effort worthy of remembrance in a high stakes competitive game.
It's a shame Croatia didn't have to play well to beat Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
bazooka1:

It was a drab game, no doubt but even poorer by the loosing side as they couldn't make make any effort worthy of remembrance.
It's a shame Croatia didn't have to play well to beat Nigeria.

The winning team did not themselves create any worthwhile chance.

I think, Nigeria played a role in making them look ugly. We just did not have firepower at the other end.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
tbaba1234:

The winning team did not themselves create any worthwhile chance.

I think, Nigeria played a role in making them look ugly. We just did not have firepower at the other end.
That's my point. They didn't have to play fantastically well to get a result. We never pushed or threatened the outcome of th result.

Do you think Croatia would have left us alone if we were a goal or 2 goals up? While leading Iceland, you can see the urgency and threat they posed and even earned a penalty of their own. Where was the fight Nigeria offered? That is why I grade our performance F against Croatia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
Danielnino00:

You tell me... when did playing for a top club become an indication of being world class?
When your darling Claudio Bravo was at barca,he was hyped as the best goalkeeper in the world severally .He joined man city and became bang average!. Thibaut Courtois has moved from being the world best goalkeeper at Chelsea to being bang average at Madrid.. Radamel Falcao went from being world class at athletico to bang average at man utd and Chelsea...There are several other examples...

Those players aren't playing at top clubs but they are playing at a top league and based on current performance, they are well above average...

lol see as you dey dodge simple question

One thing about you guys here once you know you are saying nonsense you will change the topic

Oga Abeg no bribe me okay ,Claudio bravo was never world class okay ,can you show me where I called him world class? If you are the one calling him world class then shame on you because I didn't expect this from you,as a liverpool fan you are I have never seen you being bias on this thread but you are doing that for the first time ,who dash monkey bravo world class ,the basket master ?

Falcao is good ,the injury affected but the goal ratio is still there okay ,so going to average Monaco made him average scoring 51 league goals in 91 games ? Falco didn't get it right at Chelsea doesn't make him average okay he didn't even played up to 30 games for those 2 clubs and you wanna judge him ? Na wa for you .

Shey you see am say na back of tv you dey watch ? Courtois has been bad at his last 2 Chelsea season at Chelsea but you are putting it at Madrid head,I am not sure you watch Chelsea last season so because Madrid are playing badly it's courtois fault ? Courtois remains world class ,he didn't win the best keeper at the World Cup for nothing

Oya seems you can be world class playing for leganes udinese Leicester ,please name a world class player at crystal palace ? Name a world class player at udinese ? Name a world class player at athletico Bilbao ?

You need to be flogged 25 strokes for thinking bravo was world class at Barca and you think I will support you ?

Anyway happy new year to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
bazooka1:

Are you sure you read your own comment? Someone asked do have Nigerian players who can bench the Croatians, you replied Samuel Kalu, Ndidi and Mikel.
Why did you bring up Kovacic, Vrjlasko and Loveren ( asking about his Liverpool form) and their clubs respectively, if you didn't mean actually mean “club“?
You don't have to run from pillar to post. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Nawao

I don free the guy seems he started going off point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
mostob:
Has your world class mandzukic ever score 30 goals in a season?...
Naija players are trying, they are not class but calling them average is just over the board.
As a true fan,we ought to keep supporting them through thick and thin and not bashing and trashing them. We are Nigerians for God's sake.
Let me just drop this for the last time

Hazard has never scored 20 goals a season and Chelsea fan boys call him world class and we are not arguing then why should we argue about
Mandzukic

Mind you mandzukic plays from the wings also ,so you have no point wanting how him to score 30 goals a season

Now name a super eagles winger who has scored 20 goals a season in Europe top 5 leagues for the past 10 years ? This is where you will disgrace your self once again .

Anyway yakubu ighalo martins came close but they didn't score 20

The last super eagles players that scored much goals a season and it was at the back water league was kalu uche scoring 19 for kasimpasa and onyekuru scoring 23 for eupen

You dey say mandzukic no score 30 like say your players don score common 20

Ordinary chukwueze performance dey make us go crazy including me wey dey talk

Please correct me where I am wrong

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
andrew444:

Let me just drop this for the last time

Hazard has never scored 20 goals a season and Chelsea fan boys call him world class and we are not arguing then why should we argue about
Mandzukic

Mind you mandzukic plays from the wings also ,so you have no point wanting how him to score 30 goals a season

Now name a super eagles winger who has scored 20 goals a season in Europe top 5 leagues for the past 10 years ? This is where you will disgrace your self once again .

Anyway yakubu ighalo martins came close but they didn't score 20

The last super eagles players that scored much goals a season and it was at the back water league was kalu uche scoring 19 for kasimpasa and onyekuru scoring 23 for eupen

You dey say mandzukic no score 30 like say your players don score common 20

Ordinary chukwueze performance dey make us go crazy including me wey dey talk

Please correct me where I am wrong

Thank you

Chief Andrew,don't disturb ursef again,dey knw dt our players @d moment are average players,nothing more,None is above average cool

Looking up.to chukwueze sha,dts d only hope @d moment as nacho don mess up,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
elyte89:

Chief Andrew,don't disturb ursef again,dey knw dt our players @d moment are average players,nothing more,None is above average cool

Looking up.to chukwueze sha,dts d only hope @d moment as nacho don mess up,

Me dey always fight for here for nacho,I fought about onyekuru but someone said he his overrated and the person said he is more than average ,me just weak
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
Proff of GBAMACOLOGY
komekn:

The issue is context and what context you are making your comparison based deduction upon.

Very good players in the top leagues and top teams, that's not true.

But localise matters and then it becomes a different situation. Are we the best in Africa I would not say that but very good players in the African context a big resounding YES.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Agreed without one iota of reservation and or question

I take a positive view, that it is not hatred in itself that motivate vitriolic rhetoric but IGNORANCE. Sometimes the worst type of ignorance. remember the saying " He who knows not, but things that he knows is a ****.

I have met the most bigoted, ignorant racists that you can imagine , after relating to them with difficulty they discovered how TOTALLY IGNORANT, BENIGHTED, SENSELESS AND INFANTILE there sense of reasoning was. They changed.

I call on you to continue to contribute consider it as nation building some of these topics and the inherent mentality therein mirrors a number of socio-political problems that continuously plague our society. You may inadvertently be delivering people without fictitious holy water from the prison of ignorant Darkness.

Keep the faith, Happy, blessed and overcoming new year 2019 to you.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
andrew444:

lol see as you dey dodge simple question

One thing about you guys here once you know you are saying nonsense you will change the topic

Oga Abeg no bribe me okay ,Claudio bravo was never world class okay ,can you show me where I called him world class? If you are the one calling him world class then shame on you because I didn't expect this from you,as a liverpool fan you are I have never seen you being bias on this thread but you are doing that for the first time ,who dash monkey bravo world class ,the basket master ?

Falcao is good ,the injury affected but the goal ratio is still there okay ,so going to average Monaco made him average scoring 51 league goals in 91 games ? Falco didn't get it right at Chelsea doesn't make him average okay he didn't even played up to 30 games for those 2 clubs and you wanna judge him ? Na wa for you .

Shey you see am say na back of tv you dey watch ? Courtois has been bad at his last 2 Chelsea season at Chelsea but you are putting it at Madrid head,I am not sure you watch Chelsea last season so because Madrid are playing badly it's courtois fault ? Courtois remains world class ,he didn't win the best keeper at the World Cup for nothing

Oya seems you can be world class playing for leganes udinese Leicester ,please name a world class player at crystal palace ? Name a world class player at udinese ? Name a world class player at athletico Bilbao ?

You need to be flogged 25 strokes for thinking bravo was world class at Barca and you think I will support you ?

Anyway happy new year to you

This is the of attitude you have that make u get into fights with people all the time... U can't response to a post without adding jabs to them .When did I accuse you of calling bravo world class? When did I tag him world class? I said Bravo was severally hyped as being world class. Or didn't he earn balon d'or and uefa awards nominations! Wasn't he always listed among the world best goalies? He turned bang average at city.. The list doesn't end with falcao and bravo. There's Oscar who was world class for a brief period at Chelsea before he went into oblivion. There's Ciro Immobile..The list is endless.

My response to your question is that being in a top team isn't in any way a qualification for world class players... individual performances are what matter most.. Ekong, Omeruo and Ndidi are playing in the world best league where they are regulars.. That alone tells how good they are. If you are waiting for them to move to Barca, Madrid,juventus or Bayern before u acknowledge how good they are, then u will wait tire...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
Danielnino00:

This is the of attitude you have that make u get into fights with people all the time... U can't response to a post without adding jabs to them .When did I accuse you of calling bravo world class? When did I tag him world class? I said Bravo was severally hyped as being world class. Or didn't he earn balon d'or and uefa awards nominations! Wasn't he always listed among the world best goalies? He turned bang average at city.. The list doesn't end with falcao and bravo. There's Oscar who was world class for a brief period at Chelsea before he went into oblivion. There's Ciro Immobile..The list is endless.

My response to your question is that being in a top team isn't in any way a qualification for world class players... individual performances are what matter most.. Ekong, Omeruo and Ndidi are playing in the world best league where they are regulars.. That alone tells how good they are. If you are waiting for them to move to Barca, Madrid,juventus or Bayern before u acknowledge how good they are, then u will wait tire...

Being in a top team is not garri,you cannot be a world class and playing at leganes udinese and co bro

Yes being in a top team does not mean you are world class ,but please tell me the world class players at udinese leganes and co ?

Ekong omeruo are average players ,playing for team that are not even top 7 ? Leganes and udinese have so many crappy players bro ,see as we dey celebrate say our players dey play for udinese leganes like say na big thing ,that shows how average we are ,are we the worst ? Are our players only bound to play for backwaters league ? O common bro

If I have insulted you bro am really sorry ,I respect you a lot

I don't get into fight with people,I get into fight with a particular person here who is very insultive and rude people tolerate the person but I don't many people call me a bully for that but I don't care .

Falcao was injured and when he returned he was at Epl on loan and you expected him to play well ? Hell no bro

You are ignoring the courtois side because you know you are lying ,you are putting it on Madrid when you already know he has been crappy at his Chelsea last 2 seasons

Anyway watch us mancity beat you guys tonight

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze impressed when his side played Barcelona at the Camp Nou on 2 December and he will now get a chance to test himself against Real Madrid on Thursday evening.

Since then, Chukwueze's value has multiplied and the Nigerian is one of the players in Europe's top five leagues who has progressed the most this season, at least according to his market value.
The 2018/19 season started with the player being valued at around 2.5 million euros, though it now rests at close to 7 million, showing an increase of 180 per cent.
Chukwueze, as a result, has had the 11th highest increase in value this season as he has scored four goals in 13 games.
Villarreal tied the player down in the summer, placing release clause of 40 million euros in the 19-year-old's contract.

Source:https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/01/03/5c2df841ca4741d2148b4595.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
Tammy is average, but at par with our best forwards.

Modified
He is actually above average grin

Danielnino00:

If we take your beloved Josh Maja out of the league one,then what does he become?
What of Sone Aluko? Tammy Abraham??

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
They are selling him outright. Stupid! Sarri said he don’t need a striker, let’s watch them slip down the table.

tbaba1234:
Chelsea accept £18m bid from Wolves for Tammy Abraham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
Joebie:
They are selling him outright. Stupid! Sarri said he don’t need a striker, let’s watch them slip down the table.

18mil will turn out to be a bargain for Abraham

Moutinho and Neves will make him look like Ronaldo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
Happy New year to all for United.

Please let us try to tolerate everyone's opinion, even if it does not sit well with us. That is what makes us human so no need to throw side jabs. It is really not necessary to be honest.

That being said, I can understand the person comparing Mbappe and Onyekuru. That is his opinion and what he believes. No one can change that. I also understand the opinion that we matched croatia. Again another opinion. Likewise some people saying we have average or very good players.

My opinion is this;

1. We have very few decent players with prospect but very Good, I really doubt it. People pointed out Iwobi who has been doing well in Arsenal by the way but how consistent has he been. Can he do it, definitely but let us give him time. Maybe Ndidi is about the only consistent player we have as it even reflects on the African team of the year.

2. Onyekuru might have the skill and pace but I will give him time to flourish. He is yet to shine in Champions league which for me is very important. His time will come.can he be consistent, definitely but time will tell.

3. Can someone answer this question truthfully, if croatia needed to score 3 goals that day to qualify, would we have been able to hold them? I remember that match and with no sentiments attached, we were not playing to win.

4. We do have a lot of average players when we look at the context of the world but good players as far as Africa is concerned. This is not bringing them down but just stating my opinion.

5. Finally, the Samu dude needs to be given time also so he can build the reputation for himself. We can hype him all we want but he needs to deliver and consistently which I feel he can. Otherwise, he might just go the way of Nacho and success.

6. God bless you all and happy New year once again

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
Joebie:
Tammy is average, but at par with our best forwards.

He really has been consistent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
I think he will be a beast playing with better teammates. Chelsea should not sell him.

Sportilitica:

He really has been consistent

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
Sportilitica:
Happy New year to all for United.

Please let us try to tolerate everyone's opinion, even if it does not sit well with us. That is what makes us human so no need to throw side jabs. It is really not necessary to be honest.

That being said, I can understand the person comparing Mbappe and Onyekuru. That is his opinion and what he believes. No one can change that. I also understand the opinion that we matched croatia. Again another opinion. Likewise some people saying we have average or very good players.

My opinion is this;

1. We have very few decent players with prospect but very Good, I really doubt it. People pointed out Iwobi who has been doing well in Arsenal by the way but how consistent has he been. Can he do it, definitely but let us give him time. Maybe Ndidi is about the only consistent player we have as it even reflects on the African team of the year.

2. Onyekuru might have the skill and pace but I will give him time to flourish. He is yet to shine in Champions league which for me is very important. His time will come.can he be consistent, definitely but time will tell.

3. Can someone answer this question truthfully, if croatia needed to score 3 goals that day to qualify, would we have been able to hold them? I remember that match and with no sentiments attached, we were not playing to win.

4. We do have a lot of average players when we look at the context of the world but good players as far as Africa is concerned. This is not bringing them down but just stating my opinion.

5. Finally, the Samu dude needs to be given time also so he can build the reputation for himself. We can hype him all we want but he needs to deliver and consistently which I feel he can. Otherwise, he might just go the way of Nacho and success.

6. God bless you all and happy New year once again

Thank you my broda

At least they will believe you more than me because they know me here to be sentimental by speaking the truth

God bless you and happy new year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 6:08pm On Jan 03, 2019
femianski:
the rashford that iheanacho fanboys were comparing iheanacho with about two seasons ago is scoring goals and making assists for fun

You people should stop this nonsense naa, The same Rashford that man U fans said was an average player under jose Mourinho?? How about Rashford playing under Puel lets See how he turns out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Chelsea considering new loan for Abraham as Premier League sides circle

02/01/2019

The Blues deny that an offer has been accepted for their young England striker, who is performing well on loan in the Championship for Aston Villa
Article continues below

Chelsea have denied reports in the UK media that an £18 million ($22.7m) offer from Wolves for Tammy Abraham has been accepted, but Goal can confirm they will weigh up his options in the January transfer window.

Aston Villa signed Abraham on a season-long loan deal during the summer of 2018, but Chelsea have the option to cut short the 21-year-old's stay in the Championship short and have a host of Premier League clubs interested in their young striker.

The striker has scored 16 goals already this season for Villa, who are sitting five points away from the play-off places, with the likes of Wolves, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace and Huddersfield Town all keen on acquiring his services.

Chelsea's hopes of signing Higuain dashed as Sarri's hunt for a striker goes on
Solskjaer's super-sub magic rubs off on

Wolves' £18m offer marks them out as frontrunners for a deal, but it remains unclear which club Abraham will be playing for by the end of the January transfer window.

Chelsea's head coach Maurizio Sarri had previously confirmed that he will not recall Abraham, or Michy Batshuayi - who is having an underwhelming loan spell at Valencia which the Blues are also considering cutting short - early from their respective deals.

"No [I don't need another striker], because I have the option with Hazard in this position," he said. "We have Morata and Hazard can play very well in this position as we have seen in the last two, three matches. So I think that in this moment I don’t need another striker.

"Maybe another winger, because now we are in trouble with the injuries of Pedro, of [Callum] Hudson-Odoi and [Ruben] Loftus-Cheek. So I have the option for the striker [Hazard] but at the moment I have no option for the wingers."

Chelsea have also completed the signing Christian Pulisic in a £58m ($73m) deal from Borussia Dortmund, though he will not play for the club until next season as he has been loaned back to the Bundesliga leaders for the remaining six months of the campaign.

—goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
The BS about Croatia not playing to full gear should stop. All teams want to score as much as possible especially when it's the first game of a world cup group.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5312) (5313) (5314) (5315) (5316) (5317) (5318) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, KanielOutis92, Kog45(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.