Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652572 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5524) (5525) (5526) (5527) (5528) (5529) (5530) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:18am On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:

Mikel's key attribute is his accurate metronomic passes. Those short simple passes that keeps the team ticking. You can see i the report that Mikel had a passing accuracy of 90 percent.

So in a possessive side thar likes to keep the ball and build from the back, you will see the best of Mikel.

Pulis is a coach that plays lots of long balls, so I felt Mikel would not flourish in Pulis system. I am just glad someway, it is working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2019
daveP:
Good news guys, Carl Ikeme has defeated cancer

praaaaaaaisssse God!!!!!!

wow!! This is the best news so far to me. Ecstatic!!!

Modified!!

Afcon here we come

Thank you Uzoho, the boss is back!!!

So make we carry gloves give person wey never enter pitch for more than a whole year?.

Na so. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51am On Feb 18, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Unlike one overhyped open-mouthed guy that has been waiting for the prefect system, formation and coach. grin.

If dem call you hater now e go b like say na trouble person wan find

Anyway if there is more money to your bank account by hating the guy please keep it up

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2019
andrew444:

If dem call you hater now e go b like say na trouble person wan find

Anyway if there is more money to your bank account by hating the guy please keep it up

so its that simple honest comment of CURTISAXEL7, that's already drawing the tag of hating to him

hmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56am On Feb 18, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Wow. I did not expect Mikel's move to Middlesbrough to work out due to the history of Pulis long ball plays. But it seems it is working out fine for Mikel. I hope this gives him a platform to show what a brilliant talent he is.

Me too.

It seems they have changed thier style to fit in with Mikel Obi who is at the center of everything good they do.

Klass is class and quality is quality.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kingkufun2018: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2019
zuchyblink:
I'm very happy for these guys Ndidi, aina, ekong, Emem eduok, jamilu Collins and etebor. They are really getting the necessary minutes

Include Iwobi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2019
Joebie:
Dominic Iorfa came off the bench to score today. Komekn where u hide put?

He has a long way to go to get match fit, then impose his quality on the game. He also does not have a lot of time to do it.

However, he has had a good star, first game from the bench late substitute then to score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyF9DSxag0c

On the lighter note this boy could easily pass for U17 Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2019
do4luv14:

so its that simple honest comment of CURTISAXEL7, that's already drawing the tag of hating to him

hmmmmm

If it is a comment, then it is understandable but repeated constant verbal attacks does not go down as an honest comment but a true means of identifying hate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01am On Feb 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2RKa1jLo9I

John Mikel Obi every touch in his Middlesbrough debut against Newport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2019
Boys are not smiling!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:45am On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:
Boys are not smiling!
Iheanacho needs to move to Belgium or ligue1 before it is too late.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:
Boys are not smiling!

Osimhen didnt score yet he is placed in that team as the main striker ahead of the ones that actually scored. How else does one define class?

Good to see Awoniyi bouncing back. As for Imoh Ezekiel, that one is ruing his missed chances due to poor decision makings, if he had stayed put in Qatar, he would have been part of the Qatari team that won the Asian cup last month.

If he had made a better choice(instead of going to Qatar) when he broke out at Liege, he would probably have been in one of Europe's top clubs just like his then Liege's partner in crime, Batsuayi.

Lol Imoh case tire person

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
daveP:
Good news guys, Carl Ikeme has defeated cancer

praaaaaaaisssse God!!!!!!

wow!! This is the best news so far to me. Ecstatic!!!

Modified!!

Afcon here we come

Thank you Uzoho, the boss is back!!!

Baba has already announced retirement from Football
I doubt he'd go back into active football again
It's one long step to recovery

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Icon4s:
Senegal has never won any CAF or FIFA organized competition at any level of their Football.

They have always been referred to as "the perennial under-achievers". They have again proven that tonight.

I pity that guy trying to market the Senegalese here grin
They will still disappoint at the AFCON.. no be today dem dy produce good players..

francophone countries in general always produce good players than most African countries... but to achieve something with them is an issue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:
Boys are not smiling!

I still count Osimhen and Awoniyi as part of the U23.

It is now they are ready for the challenge of that age grade.

With Stephen Odey also elligible, potentially we have an exciting U23 team in the waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

They will still disappoint at the AFCON.. no be today dem dy produce good players..

francophone countries in general always produce good players than most African countries... but to achieve something with them is an issue

Mali are also Perennial under-achievers. But when two under-achievers meet in a final the less under-achievers will be favored. grin

Mali though are beginning to come out of their under-achievers status, though at age grade levels.
But at senior levels they still largely remain under-achievers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

Calm down Danny. Choose ur words carefully. Has any Anglophone country done better than the Francos at the World stage? Has the Anglo as a unit, won more Afcons than the Franco? Who are Africa's top 20 players ever? How many are from the Anglo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2019
do4luv14:

hmmmmm

I wonder oh. The truth is always painful but we must say it. What did I say there that is a lie?. Has Iheanacho lived up to his hype or not?. Is his buccal cavity always hanging agape or not? grin. Is he a perennial misfit at his club or not?. Have his fanboys here blamed the tactics and formation and approach of his coaches for his miserable plight or not?.

If the answer to all these questions is "yes", what then is my crime?.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2019
Icon4s:

With Stephen Odey also elligible, potentially we have an exciting U23 team in the waiting.

Would they get released by their clubs?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Osimhen didnt score yet he is placed in that team as the main striker ahead of the ones that actually scored. How else does one define class?

Good to see Awoniyi bouncing back. As for Imoh Ezekiel, that one is ruing his missed chances due to poor decision makings, if he had stayed put in Qatar, he would have been part of the Qatari team that won the Asian cup last month.

If he had made a better choice(instead of going to Qatar) when he broke out at Liege, he would probably have been in one of Europe's top clubs just like his then Liege's partner in crime, Batsuayi.

It breaks my heart - how Imoh has so fallen so low he's no longer worth reckoning with.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
junnyjake:

Would they get released by their clubs?

They are not likely to be available for the Qualifiers but we can make a case for their release at the Olympics proper if we qualify. After all a good number of our Europe based players were released for the last Olympics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
junnyjake:

It breaks my heart - how Imoh has so fallen so low he's no longer worth reckoning with.

That is the transition from Youth to Senior level we always talk about here. Not just some but MOST Youth Players do not leave up to expectations
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:
Iheanacho needs to move to Belgium or ligue1 before it is too late.

Ligue 1 will be better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Agreed about imoh ezeikel

Batshuayi was not better than him at belgium, i remember then, ezekiel was playing from the flank and batshuayi was the main striker

Ezekiel got epl offers and french but he went to qatar for the money, while batshuayi went to the french league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Calm down Danny. Choose ur words carefully. Has any Anglophone country done better than the Francos at the World stage? Has the Anglo as a unit, won more Afcons than the Franco? Who are Africa's top 20 players ever? How many are from the Anglo?

Let's see.. Cameroon is both anglophone and francophone so I won't count them here..

World cup: Senegal and "our brothers' have made it to the quarter final.. Nigeria has made it to the knockout stage thrice...so Anglophone wins here..

AFCON-
(excluding Cameroon again)
Franco- 5(CIV and Congo and DR Congo)

Anglo- 9(" our brothers, Nigeria, South Africa ad Zambia)

As for your last question,that's debatable.. But the following anglophone players can make the list of Africa best 20 ever

1) Kanu

2) Okocha

3) Yekini

5) Abedi Ayew

6) Kalusa Bwyala (can't remember the spelling)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Don't mind that Imoh of a guy. I do believe he has learnt his lessons. The only way for him now is UP!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Yes boss! talent everywhere. I do think Rohr and Nff should be commended on how they have made the National team very attractive. Also, the selection criteria has been raised. You don't play regularly, forget the National team. Boys are now moving to clubs where they will get playing time.
I watched Simon against Celta this past weekend, I must say the guy made a strong claim to a starting shirt at Levante. Anytime, he has the ball he was menacing. The commentators kept calling him the menacing Nigerian International, Naso my head dey swear! Aina has been absolutely impressive for Torino, Collins for paderborn, Semilore too, Awaziem no wan gree, Omeruo new Baresi! Ekong, Balo, Ebehui is getting better, Shehu dey even Akpeyi self is getting rave reviews in Southie.
Mikel Obi something else at Boro, Ndidi dey, Iwobi dey, Etebo best player for Stoke this season, Agu self no wan gree. Let me just stop there cos for attack Dem plenty. I am jealous of Rohr yet I pity him. He has to take only 23 to the Afcon out of all these exceptional talent.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

Let's see.. Cameroon is both anglophone and francophone so I won't count them here..

World cup: Senegal and "our brothers' have made it to the quarter final.. Nigeria has made it to the knockout stage thrice...so Anglophone wins here..

AFCON-
(excluding Cameroon again)
Franco- 5(CIV and Congo and DR Congo)

Anglo- 9(" our brothers, Nigeria, South Africa ad Zambia)

As for your last question,that's debatable.. But the following anglophone players can make the list of Africa best 20 ever

1) Kanu

2) Okocha

3) Yekini

5) Abedi Ayew

6) Kalusa Bwyala (can't remember the spelling)

Bros Cameroun has 10 regions, 8 out of the ten regions speak French while only a paltry 2 speak English, hence the Francos have it. That said, what are the lingua francas of sudan, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
saw this on FP....
Top Ten Most Valuable Nigerian Teenagers
1) Samuel Kalu (Gent) - €3 million
2) Victor Osimhen (Wolfsburg) - €1 million
3) Nura Abdullahi (Roma) - €0.5 million
4) Taiwo Awoniyi (Liverpool) - €0.4 million
Orji Okonkwo (Bologna) - €0.4 million
6) Theophilus Awua (Inter Milan) - €0.3 million
7) Dennis Bonaventure (Club Brugge) - €0.3 million
Bright Enobakhare (Wolves) - €0.25 million
David Okereke (Spezia) - €0.25 million
10) Franklyn Akammadu (Cesena) - €0.2 million
Anthony Izuchukwu (FKH) - €0.2 million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:
Don't mind that Imoh of a guy. I do believe he has learnt his lessons. The only way for him now is UP!

Forget about imoh, he promises nothing no more bkus Dude has permanently lost his way. No more revival, na pension sure pass now. One cant eat his cake and av it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
fabyom:
Yes boss! talent everywhere. I do think Rohr and Nff should be commended on how they have made the National team very attractive. Also, the selection criteria has been raised. You don't play regularly, forget the National team. Boys are now moving to clubs where they will get playing time.
I watched Simon against Celta this past weekend, I must say the guy made a strong claim to a starting shirt at Levante. Anytime, he has the ball he was menacing. The commentators kept calling him the menacing Nigerian International, Naso my head dey swear! Aina has been absolutely impressive for Torino, Collins for paderborn, Semilore too, Awaziem no wan gree, Omeruo new Baresi! Ekong, Balo, Ebehui is getting better, Shehu dey even Akpeyi self is getting rave reviews in Southie.
Mikel Obi something else at Boro, Ndidi dey, Iwobi dey, Etebo best player for Stoke this season, Agu self no wan gree. Let me just stop there cos for attack Dem plenty. I am jealous of Rohr yet I pity him. He has to take only 23 to the Afcon out of all these exceptional talent.

Una don start again. grin.

Na so una hype the team to high heavens in the lead up to the WC especially after that fluke win over the Argies.grin.

When the chips were down, the world class super Eagles were struggling to string three uninterrupted passes in midfield and missing open goals.

What I am saying is this, it's okay to hype our boys, but please hype with sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
Can someone tell me the time for Man u vs Liverpool game

(1) (2) (3) ... (5524) (5525) (5526) (5527) (5528) (5529) (5530) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.