Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655896 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5535) (5536) (5537) (5538) (5539) (5540) (5541) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:
Balogun would have been a GOD in the Spanish or French leagues with its emphasis on technique and finesse

The premier league is a mixture of pace and power which Balogun has in small quantities

Balogun will always struggle in the premier league

I said it.

Is balogun struggling in the Epl ?

Can't you differentiate between struggling and game time ?

The 2 Brighton central defenders are better than balogun and are starting ahead of him so I don't see that as struggling as he is a back up to them

You can only say balogun is struggling when he is starting games and not doing well ,but balogun is a back up central central back so don't call that struggling,the little games he played due to injury of the first choice he did well and scored a goal

Kpakam

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
andrew444:

The 2 Brighton central defenders are better than balogun and are starting ahead of him so I don't see that as struggling as he is a back up to them

You can only say balogun is struggling when he is starting games and not doing well ,but balogun is a back up central central back so don't call that struggling,the little games he played due to injury of the first choice he did well and scored a goal

Kpakam

Are you an illiterate or something?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
R2bees:
You too gbaski bro.. I was about pointing it out until i saw your post i had to relax.. NIGERIANS STOP HYPING AVERAGE PLAYERS, when they read these online they will start to think they are on par with the likes of Messi them and it will eventually get into their heads only for them to start flopping....

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed that the boy is struggling but he will bounce back

Some people is saying he should leave Villarreal as if he has earn his credit or there are even offers for him ,I told them he should stay there and develope,some even say he will fight and make psg first team

They won't say anything about chukwueze but if it's iheanacho almost everybody will insult him

Chukwueze will bounce back the kid is still 19 so there is time because the kid has the potential .

Samuel Chukwueze is not struggling.

He has easily been one of Villarreal better players this season. His sitting on the bench had nothing to do with form but with the dire situation, the team finds itself..

The coach has decided that he needs the experienced players to dig them out. That means less opportunities for youngsters.

Chukwueze has already overachieved this season. We need to be patient.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Fanatics na dem full here I swear. Once they decide to fall in love with a player, they will do anything for him. They don't mind dodging the truth, telling blatant lies and half-truths, cooking up nonexistent stats and running down another player for his sake.

No matter how bad his game is, nobody dares utter a word in criticism.

We saw it with Iheanacho, now it's Chukwueze's turn. grin

Iheanacho still last na ,chukwueze is less than 5 months

My problem with anyone here is dissing a player ,I can never diss any player for not doing well

Iheanacho has been bad but I have argued with most guys here just for dissing him ,some even insulted him due to the guy dey open mouth

If you wanna speak football speak for footballing reason and remove dissing .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

He has easily been one of Villarreal better players this season. His sitting on the bench had nothing to do with form but with the dire situation, the team finds itself..

The coach has decided that he needs the experienced players to dig them out. That means less opportunities for youngsters.

He is not starting games anymore sir so he is struggling at the moment

He didn't make the Europa league squad yesterday and he is not injured ,chukwueze has not over achieved this season but he as done well ,stop over hyping a player ,how can you say he has over achieved ?

A best player can't seat on the bench 19 years or 17 years ,I watch little of his games before he is relegated to the bench .

As I have said he will bounce back in no time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

Are you an illiterate or something?

No sir

But you are a fool

But if you are not a fool then people around you are illiterate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
andrew444:

No sir

But you are a fool

But if you are not a fool then people around you are illiterate

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
andrew444:

He didn't make the Europa league squad yesterday and he is not injured ,chukwueze has not over achieved this season but he as done well ,stop over hyping a player ,how can you say he has over achieved ?

A best player can't seat on the bench 19 years or 17 years ,I watch little of his games before he is relegated to the bench .

As I have said he will bounce back in no time

None of us predicted that he will be a first team starter in such a short time so in that respect, he has overachieved this year. Even earned a super eagles call-up.

He started the last Europa game and has played a part in the last few league games.

There is no need for alarm bells because he was not in the last game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

None of us predicted that he will be a first team starter in such a short time so in that respect, he has overachieved this year. Even earned a super eagles call-up.

He started the last Europa game and has played a part in the last few league games.

At the bolded let me agree with you because i was also surprised

Like as i have said he will bounce back in no time,the kid doesn't have much bad games sha and he is just 19

But many guys here has over hype him to leave Villarreal as if there are offers for him,i have always said he should remain there as the offers are just rumors

This season still have a long way to go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

I compare Chukwueze's case to Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham

Desperate times calls for desperate measures

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
bobobooge:

Notice how nobody responded to this? grin grin grin

Truth is the boy is struggling. Last time I pointed out that he had a bad game, people came at me.

We've seen it all before; The hype train. grin grin
I think you need to know the difference between HYPE and COMMENDATION . Nobody hyped him here, it was the Spanish people that commend his dazzling form then. And ,him not starting a match is not because he is poor, I think it is because of the contract he refused to sign.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:
If this isn't my best meme of all time grin

Lol. It took me a while to get this but when I did, I almost fell off my seat in laughter. Very intelligent and humorous.

I bet 70% of Nigerians will never understand this meme. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Lol. It took me a while to get this but when I did, I almost fell off my seat in laughter. Very intelligent and humorous.

It would take a deep meme knowledge to understand grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

This is very intelligent smiley smiley...i just had to stare at the Jesus's dressing and the little moustache. And it got me laughing smiley smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Many Nigerians would. In as much as u are aware of the major incident. And the date stated...however it could be antisemitic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

It would take a deep meme knowledge to understand grin

Lol. Some knowledge of history too. My knowledge of the events that occurred in the date mentioned is what helped me decode the meme. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed that the boy is struggling but he will bounce back

Some people is saying he should leave Villarreal as if he has earn his credit or there are even offers for him ,I told them he should stay there and develope,some even say he will fight and make psg first team

They won't say anything about chukwueze but if it's iheanacho almost everybody will insult him

Chukwueze will bounce back the kid is still 19 so there is time because the kid has the potential .

Nops rather than say "bounce back" say "he will get better".

He was never where u guys thought he was.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
M7even:

Many Nigerians would. In as much as u are aware of the major incident. And the date stated...however it could be antisemitic.

Or anti-theistic.

Maybe someone just wanted to make fun of Jesus grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=Icon4s post=75995106]

[/quote
Agreed sir

Maybe I no use my words well

He will get better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
Icon4s:

Agreed sir maybe I no use the word well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

In my estimation there has been a breakdown of communication between his agent and the club. Villarreal seems to be gearing up for life without him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

I perfectly agree with this comment.

By and large we should all calm down and allow the lad to develop. He is still in the bakery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
andrew444:

Kpakam

Works for goose

andrew444:

He didn't make the Europa league squad yesterday and he is not injured
doesn't work for gander

grin wonders!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

Over 6 million Jews died at the hands of Hitler. Please there's nothing funny about that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2019
Odunayaw:

Works for goose

doesn't work for gander

grin wonders!
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Odunayaw:

Works for goose

doesn't work for gander

grin wonders!

Smiles

2 different things bro

One is a starter and no more starting games

And the other one who is balogun have never been a starter and always a back up

Hope you get it now ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
Odunayaw:

Works for goose

doesn't work for gander

grin wonders!

Me sef confuse for Andrew o...if chukwueze is struggling due to not starting games, and balogun who is also not getting game time is not struggling,wc line double standard b dat grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Over 6 million Jews died at the hands of Hitler. Please there's nothing funny about that.

Are you butthurt?

That's a fvcking meme
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

How has he overachieved? How many goals and assists this season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Odunayaw:

Works for goose

doesn't work for gander

grin wonders!

OK this is ridiculously funny cheesy grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2019
Earthquake2:

Are you butthurt?

That's a fvcking meme

Nope just passing knowledge. It's your choice to accept

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5535) (5536) (5537) (5538) (5539) (5540) (5541) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), Philosopher1979, lordofstrings and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.