Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11661761 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5561) (5562) (5563) (5564) (5565) (5566) (5567) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2019
Taliban:

Abeg o any updates on Eddy Ogenyi Onazi, no news about him at all, what's going on with him?

Injured till end of season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:03am On Mar 03, 2019
jihday:
shebi na you, the age forecaster

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Brendan Rodgers imposed an open door policy for his office. Meaning any player is free to come to Rodgers office any time he is around to have one on one tactical discussion and clarification session.

I hope Nacho and Ndidi make good use of this. It is important they tap into the Brilliant mind of the new manager.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:18am On Mar 03, 2019
SlayerForever:

Injured till end of season.

Meaning Onazi may be out of the AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2019
Taliban:
Chriskels, any update about your 'carpentar' apprentice the guy in Portugal, Mikel Agu, haven't heard about him in a while.

Lol

You 2 funny abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Meaning Onazi may be out of the AFCON

After his surgery,I read somewhere that he could be back before the end of the season...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Brendan Rodgers imposed an open door policy for his office. Meaning any player is free to come to Rodgers office any time he is around to have one on one tactical discussion and clarification session.

I hope Nacho and Ndidi make good use of this. It is important they tap into the Brilliant mind of the new manager.

TheGoodJoe u sef funny. grin

Iheanacho: Knock-Knock
Rodgers: Who's there?
Iheanacho: Me Sir
Rodgers: Who are you?
Iheanacho: Kelechi Iheanacho
Rodgers: Ok come in
Iheanacho: Good Morning Sir
Rodgers: Good morning Kelechi how can I help you?
Iheanacho: I just read from Nairaland that you have adopted an open door policy.
Rodgers: Ow really? Who said it on Nairaland?
Iheanacho: TheGoodJoe
Rodgers: Ow I see. You know he is my Room mate. So any thing coming from him is authentic. Well, thank God you are here. I have read about your first touch problems and that u are a tap in merchant.
Iheanacho: That is it Sir. And the thing is really hurting me. I need to prove to Curtisaxel7 and co that I am no failure.
Rodgers: Good you have come this morning. Oya let's go to the drilling ground. That is where tactical discussions are made and not here.
Iheanacho: Thank you Sir. Let me go and call Ndidi "Nwa nnem".

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:34am On Mar 03, 2019
Danielnino00:

After his surgery,I read somewhere that he could be back before the end of the season...

Hmm....back to training perhaps. Well, I hope he regains his full fitness in good enough time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Iheanacho: I just heard from Nairaland that you have adopted an open door policy.
Rodgers: Ow I see. You know he is my Room mate. So any thing coming from his is authentic. Well, thank God you are here. I have read about your first touch problems and that u are a tap in merchant.
Iheanacho: That is it Sir. And the thing is really hurting me. I need to prove to Curtisaxel7 and co that I am no failure.
Rodgers: Good you have come this morning. Oya let's go to the drilling ground. That is where tactical discussions are made and not here.
thegoodjoe is a good dreamer.
He dreams and fantasiestoo much cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Iheanacho: I just heard from Nairaland that you have adopted an open door policy.
Rodgers: Ow I see. You know he is my Room mate. So any thing coming from his is authentic. Well, thank God you are here. I have read about your first touch problems and that u are a tap in merchant.

When he (Brendan Rodgers) told the players after the win over Brighton & Hove Albion he had chosen to walk away from Celtic to work with them he won the players over. He has had an open door at Belvoir Drive ever since with an open invitation to the players to pop in for a chat whenever they felt like it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-communication-breakdown-leicester-city-2600351.amp

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:51am On Mar 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

When he (Brendan Rodgers) told the players after the win over Brighton & Hove Albion he had chosen to walk away from Celtic to work with them he won the players over. He has had an open door at Belvoir Drive ever since with an open invitation to the players to pop in for a chat whenever they felt like it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-communication-breakdown-leicester-city-2600351.amp
No wahala. I believe you bro. I am just imagining the scenery grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Iheanacho: I just read from Nairaland that you have adopted an open door policy.
Rodgers: Ow I see. You know he is my Room mate. So any thing coming from him is authentic. Well, thank God you are here. I have read about your first touch problems and that u are a tap in merchant.
Today na today. .

make we dy see...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

No wahala. I believe you bro. I am just imagining the scenery grin

I am always for tapping knowledge and I feel it goes a long way in player development.

I remember reading that Messi used to spend long nights with Guardiola at the office, watching and analysing games to improve.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

The last 2 Falconets teams 2015 & 2017 have largely been disappointing. Reason why there are little or no inclusion of quality since after Oshoala, Oparanonozie, Ordega and co. This has also affected the quality of the Team.

If you believe the team has not dipped in quality and their only problem is the coach, well I leave you with that. But those of us that have seen the game for a much longer time know the difference between then and now in terms of players quality.

We already have no less than four players from those sets so there goes your argument.

Ihezuo, Anam, Ajibade and Glory all featured at the last nations cup. We still have Peace Efih who was the best player in the last U20 team not given a chance and don't forget the goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Hmm....back to training perhaps. Well, I hope he regains his full fitness in good enough time.

I hope he doesn't try to rush himself back cus of the AFCON..
It was the injury that made Rohr dropped him for that Libya game in the first game..

I'm not sure sha but I read somewhere that he was taking painkillers....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:02am On Mar 03, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We already have no less than four players from those sets so there goes your argument.

Ihezuo, Anam, Ajibade and Glory all featured at the last nations cup. We still have Peace Efih who was the best player in the last U20 team not given a chance and don't forget the goalkeeper.

Which of them are starters? You cannot compare them to Oshoala's set. That is the point. Our Female Football is on a downward spiral. The NFF needs to act fast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2019
Petrobros:

Must u argue everything? Everyone here that followed the old Falcons team has acknowledge they were better than what we have today. You still dey argue. Well, na icon4s dey get time for all this kind blind argument. U obviously were too young to know anything about the Falcons team of the past. So just sit and listen to what other are saying. Haba!

U were following which big competition? Did you watch USA '99 WWC?

Thank you for the age reduction o grin bro I am in my 30s so how the heck I'm I too young to know what I am talking about?

Btw I watched every second of USA 99 on ESPN and that is even the bar I am comparing this current team to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Which of them are starters? You cannot compare them to Oshoala's set. That is the point. Our Female Football is on a downward spiral. The NFF needs to act fast.

Can they start themselves? Do u expect Oshoala and co to just roll over and give up their spots to them? Even in men's football how many players walk straight in the national team XI right after U20? Your rules in football shouldn't change just because there are women involved. Right now Oshoala and Ayinde are the only members of their set up in the national team but there were so many top players on there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I am not comparing myself to Iheanacho. I am not the one that the NFF spent millions of Nigerian taxpayers' money to train, nuture and sponsor from U-15 level to senior level. I am not the one that the NFF took to FIFA tournaments as an unknown rookie player and gave a platform to showcase his talents to the world. I am not the one that was taken to the largest football showpiece on earth despite my poor showings for my club in order to give me an unmerited chance to salvage my career.

I am not even half as privileged as Iheanacho, nor will I ever be. I have not enjoyed any of the support and sponsorship that the NFF gave to Iheanacho. I have no sponsor but myself, I have had to scrape and hustle to make ends meet and still pursue my academic endeavors just like millions of other Nigerian youths out there. So, there's no comparison between me and Iheanacho. I am not jealous of him, some people are just luckier than the others, but comparing me to him at this stage of my life will be like comparing yourself with Dangote's son. It's simply unfair.

Let the Nigerian government give me the same support it gave to Iheanacho, then we can compare achievements. grin

PS:
I am a bona fide Enite. I've been living here for three years now.
Your hate for Nacho is really killing you, who knows how you interact with people in real life, when you have this kind of hatred&bile in you for someone better than you. Your type ends up at old age poisoning people in the village.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2019
Imagine iheanacho pops up with a goal or two, omo some people here don die be that... Lol

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I am not comparing myself to Iheanacho. I am not the one that the NFF spent millions of Nigerian taxpayers' money to train, nuture and sponsor from U-15 level to senior level. I am not the one that the NFF took to FIFA tournaments as an unknown rookie player and gave a platform to showcase his talents to the world. I am not the one that was taken to the largest football showpiece on earth despite my poor showings for my club in order to give me an unmerited chance to salvage my career.

I am not even half as privileged as Iheanacho, nor will I ever be. I have not enjoyed any of the support and sponsorship that the NFF gave to Iheanacho. I have no sponsor but myself, I have had to scrape and hustle to make ends meet and still pursue my academic endeavors just like millions of other Nigerian youths out there. So, there's no comparison between me and Iheanacho. I am not jealous of him, some people are just luckier than the others, but comparing me to him at this stage of my life will be like comparing yourself with Dangote's son. It's simply unfair.

Let the Nigerian government give me the same support it gave to Iheanacho, then we can compare achievements. grin

PS:
I am a bona fide Enite. I've been living here for three years now.

Oh ur anger is a that Nigeria invested in Iheanacho and he hasn't done enough to pay back? Plz is he the only person Nigeria has ever invested in abi na him be the only youth team player ever produced by Nigeria? By the way, how handsome are u that u come here everyday telling us how ugly Kelechi looks? Can u be bold enough to share ur pics?

I guessed right, u are an Enit though most times u sound like someone from HT. That said, I know many Enits who showed potentials (what great lions are renowned for), in their different fields of endeavours/studies, and got invested in by the Nigerian govt, just as they did Kelechi. How come u haven't shown any potential that would attract the government to also invest that same tax payers money in u abi na Iheanacho dey hold u back from showing ur own potentials? Kelechi gave them a reason to invest in him, why not also give the country a reason to invest in u, instead of bitching about all over nairaland as though Kelechi stole ur destiny?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2019
The FIFA museum located in Zürich, Switzerland has announced that the jersey worn by Super Eagles Captain John Mikel Obi in Nigeria’s 2-0 victory at the Volgograd Arena during the 2018 World Cup has been added to its collections.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:05am On Mar 03, 2019
Taliban:
Chriskels, any update about your 'carpentar' apprentice the guy in Portugal, Mikel Agu, haven't heard about him in a while.

Forget those pretenders; from Etebo to Agu to Onazi to Ogu to Agbo grin

The less said about Simmy Nwankwo, the better grin

All these na carpenters

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2019
Sly igboun with his 5th goal of the season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2019
Starboytwo:
Imagine iheanacho pops up with a goal or two, omo some people here don die be that... Lol

They will die in shame if he scores

I just pray he scores as they will pee on their boxers

I really wonder what those troll gain

Especially that guy they call guatav or whatever

Make nobody come tell me nonsense here o ,unless him go get am hot from me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Can they start themselves? Do u expect Oshoala and co to just roll over and give up their spots to them? Even in men's football how many players walk straight in the national team XI right after U20? Your rules in football shouldn't change just because there are women involved. Right now Oshoala and Ayinde are the only members of their set up in the national team but there were so many top players on there.

Oshoala, Ordega, Okobi and Oparanozie walked into that team from the U20s. The young players coming from behind are not measuring up. If u don't see any problem in that fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2019
Starboytwo:

Omo, the next couple of weeks here gonna be very interesting grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Etinosa1234: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2019
Starboytwo:

lolzzzz. grin

u wan make dem change topic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:05am On Mar 03, 2019
tbaba1234:
Nigeria's first UFC champ, Kamaru Usman, the Nigerian Nightmare.
The Nigerian nightmare we know was a scam oo
Klitschko beat him beyond recognition cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:29am On Mar 03, 2019
tbaba1234:
Nigeria's first UFC champ, Kamaru Usman, the Nigerian Nightmare.
I love watching UFC man! Never thought he could beat Tyrone. Unbelievable!!
He had the support of two former Champ. He is also proud of his heritage "Naija". Always with the flag at all his fights. Proud of Usman.
Stlyebender is next. Let's go Naijaaa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2019
nelszx:

The Nigerian nightmare we know was a scam oo
Klitschko beat him beyond recognition cheesy

I don't think so, its widely known, the room in the which he was before entering the ring was gassed ,
you don't expect him to perform, plus he do himself no good, by being over weight and too fat

(1) (2) (3) ... (5561) (5562) (5563) (5564) (5565) (5566) (5567) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), mank1234(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.