Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699941 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) (5668) (5669) (5670) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
andrew444:

A porto b player is not good enough for the eagles

And he has not been that good for the so called porto B

Such player are not needed in eagles

Once nwakali play one good game we no dey hear word,

Ok grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Today news from Nigeria made me happy(Saturday's game was piss poor to me, I expected at least 5:2 or something like that and that was also factoring Ighalo's goal draught history, Buhari, Kano, Rivers political situations).

Nwakali and Osimehen gifting us with supreme superb individual and collective performances, now if only Rohr can see that Ighalo should now be coming from the bench to press defenders when they are tired. Victor should be our arrowhead simple, he is our most natural and well-bred No 9. He is a freaking natural men.

Playing for the team for the first time, in a high-pressure one and done situation, and still scoring a hat trick and giving the assist for the 4th goal, una I rest my case

disclosure: I have always been extremely biased when it comes to the progression of our u17 stars of any period.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Barryseal:

I was expecting to see unremitted $20B like you claimed but instead you're fiddling with figures ranging from $2.8B - $3B... While Sanusi went bunkers with his initial $47B unremitted claims.

The PWC report factored in subsidy, petroleum profit tax, signature bonuses etall in their audit to clear the nnpc.

$20B cannot get lost between four government agencies like Nnpc, Npdc, CBN and the supervising ministry, the ministry of finance, except you believe in fairy tales. I want to believe you're not unlettered.

#Barryseal

I just highlighted two places from your posted article to show you that article shows Sanusi was right. This is a far spent debate and Emir Sanusi was right that the NNPC members were selling Crude and using the revenue as they like without due appropriation. I can even go as far as telling you that the Kerosene subsidy was even a scam because it was never subsidised at the filling stations.

It is nothing to joke about the facts was there and it was a time of gross misconduct. If it is not still happening under another veil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
ykalhaji:
Today news from Nigeria made me happy(Saturday's game was piss poor to me, I expected at least 5:2 or something like that and that was also factoring Ighalo's goal draught history, Buhari, Kano, Rivers political situations).

Nwakali and Osimehen gifting us with supreme superb individual and collective performances, now if only Rohr can see that Ighalo should now be coming from the bench to press defenders when they are tired. Victor should be our arrowhead simple, he is our most natural and well-bred No 9. He is a freaking natural men.

Playing for the team for the first time, in a high-pressure one and done situation, and still scoring a hat trick and giving the assist for the 4th goal, una I rest my case

disclosure: I have always been extremely biased when it comes to the progression of our u17 stars of any period.

Ighalo not really good at pressing. We need another for that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Ighalo not really good at pressing. We need another for that.

Success?

What is Ighalo's strength by the way?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:
Kudos to those who improved the field

They contributed to our success today grin
The pitch was indeed good today
The groundsmen did a wonderful job getting it into shape
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

Success?

What is Ighalo's strength by the way?

Ighalo is fantastic playing on the shoulders of defenders. He has a very good work ethic and is strong enough to battle it with strong defenders.

Pressing requires of the ball movement. When the opponents are with the ball. That is not Ighalo's strength. Ighalo thrives when you feed him the ball and he fights to keep possession or make something out of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
forgiveness:
Eberechi Eze and Josh Onomah should be added to strengthen the midfield.

Noah Okafor should be given a call.

There's no need to recycle old expired players.

ASAP. Noah reminds me of a young Sane. A gem in the making. I hope he joins Manchester City. We could use his pace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
nelszx:

The pitch was indeed good today
The groundsmen did a wonderful job getting it into shape
Our cries and criticism didn't go unnoticed. However, some peeps are blind to the fact that a bad pitch will definitely affect play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

Yea he can play from the right but it is like telling a sniper like Aguero or Kane to play from the right

It is inside the 18 yard box that his instincts come alive

No, it would be like Aubameyang.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Ighalo is fantastic playing on the shoulders of defenders. He has a very good work ethic and is strong enough to battle it with strong defenders.

Pressing requires of the ball movement. When the opponents are with the ball. That is not Ighalo's strength. Ighalo thrives when you feed him the ball and he fights to keep possession or make something out of it.

Who do we have to press?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
Marjoribanks:
Our cries and criticism didn't go unnoticed. However, some peeps are blind to the fact that a bad pitch will definitely affect play.
It’s very important to have a good pitch....it allows d players to express demselves properly....dats y theEuropeans pay detailed attention to d quality of dia pitches!....We just like mediocrity hence we have poor quality pitches all over here....even U-8 teams in Europe don’t play on d type of pitches out so called professional leagues display!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
andrew444:

A porto b player is not good enough for the eagles

And he has not been that good for the so called porto B

Such player are not needed in eagles

Once nwakali play one good game we no dey hear word,
100 percent, I don't support any "b player in the super eagles... Not even healthy for the whole team..... He should move, to Holland, turkey, Spain, Belgium anywhere but Porto b....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

So who is now good for pressing

NACHO grin grin cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

Who do we have to press?

My favourite is Iheanacho but Osimhen is a gem when it comes to pressing too. He also has high recovery to fight for lost balls. That was why Amunike picked him up from the training/scouting pitch.

Ahmed Musa is a monster of the ball too. Makes chasing the ball look effortless.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
Starboytwo:
100 percent, I don't support any "b player in the super eagles... Not even healthy for the whole team..... He should move, to Holland, turkey, Spain, Belgium anywhere but Porto b....

Thank you my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
eazyjakes:

It’s very important to have a good pitch....it allows d players to express demselves properly....dats y theEuropeans pay detailed attention to d quality of dia pitches!....We just like mediocrity hence we have poor quality pitches all over here....even U-8 teams in Europe don’t play on d type of pitches out so called professional leagues display!
Exactly, it is quite unfortunate that our pitches are resemblance of 1970's European pitches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

My favourite is Iheanacho but Osimhen is a gem when it comes to pressing too. He also has high recovery to fight for lost balls. That was why Amunike picked him up from the training/scouting pitch.

Ahmed Musa is a monster of the ball too. Makes chasing the ball look effortless.

Iheanacho ok

I've forgotten who I was talking to grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
This team for now is in the works...i knew we will qualify,,,the opposition was not powerful and strong.....look at the way they celebrated the first leg win...you will know that they did not believe that they scored us two goals....Imama needs to scout for more....The attack is filled to the tilt..Onyekuru and Kanu has not joined ooo....again in all these Samu has not come alive oooo...the team has depth in attack....defense is being built up....the t s and i s are forming ...midfield comes third....this is where Imama must find FUTURE SUPER EAGLE MIDFIELDERS....we lack midfield maetros since Okocha and Oliseh left

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

The coach is a 4-4-2 lover so I don't see it working

Besides Ndidi is bigger than anything he will see in the Olympics

Like we say in Igbo (Okariri okwu okote`)

Dts a fallacy.... No player on dis earth is bigger dan an Olympic gold medal...ask d likes of Brazil stars what dey went thru b4 d likes of neymar and co clinched d gold, am sure if some of deir ex stars is giving a chance to swap medals for an Olympic medal,dey won't think twice;participating alone in an Olympic games make u a winner let alone of crowning ur effort with a gold medal cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
andrew444:

Thank you my brother.
how far Andy. Southie don plumb? All the best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
Starboytwo:

"It doesn’t matter if you play at the moon; the most important thing is what you are able to do on the pitch. A player’s country of residence doesn’t matter; what matters is giving us quality performance.”... Sunday Oliseh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
elyte89:

Dts a fallacy.... No player on dis earth is bigger dan an Olympic gold medal...ask d likes of Brazil stars what dey went thru b4 d likes of neymar and co clinched d gold, am sure if some of deir ex stars is giving a chance to swap medals for an Olympic medal,dey won't think twice;participating alone in an Olympic games make u a winner let alone of crowning ur effort with a gold medal cool

Olympic football has lost its glamour. Teams are unable to invite their best players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
elyte89:

I mean that Ndidi is bigger than anyone he will encounter at the Olympics

Based on the fact that most are 23 or younger

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Marjoribanks:
how far Andy. Southie don plumb? All the best

Lol this guy ehnn

You 2 funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Senegal gone...Morocco out too in u23....
Guinea buried Senegal...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
What excites me about this under 23 is that they are genuinely young.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
gamaliel9:
Senegal gone...Morocco out too in u23....
Guinea buried Senegal...

Morocco has been preparing for a year. Friendly games and everything.

But that DR Congo team on paper is really good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
If Kelechi Nwakali is good enough based on his quality, he should play. Dropping him because of club status is a sentimental approach.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ahmed Musa has fulfilled his 1 million naira per goal pledge to the U23 team.

Kudos to him

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

If he performs excellently like he did today what's your problem with him?

Naso una talk after his performance against Atletico last year.. Nwakali is a talented player but he needs to do more..but more effort and more seriousness in his work..He isn't even a starter in Porto B.. if we are looking for a young AMF for the super eagles there's Ebere Eze..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
What happens when the clubs don't release these players?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) (5668) (5669) (5670) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.