Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,545 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657345 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5798) (5799) (5800) (5801) (5802) (5803) (5804) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:36am On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

Your only excuse was ticket that's why I said everybody which include others

Juventus main priority was the champions league

Juventus will end up with only Seria A

Football first priority is trophy

Man united should be the richest club in the world,I can't even remember when last they taste champions league glory

so Juventus other priorities does not include the quest to make more money?
and the fact they've not won the UEFA this season does it rule them out next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2019
Humility017:

so Juventus other priorities does not include the quest to make more money?
and the fact they've not won the UEFA this season does it rule them out next season

Good

But why bringing out the ticket excuse because they have been eliminated?

I am saying what people said about Cr7 generally and not just what you said

When I tell them juventus is a strong team before Cr7 arrives they said it's a lie that Cr7 is the one helping them ,now they are out,should I be sentimental and call him a failure ? NO because this is football

You really need to hear from Cr7 fan boys from the beer parlour side then you will understand what I am trying to tell you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2019
My comment yesterday on Manchester City bluemoon forum.

I think I am not too bitter because I am now used to being cheated by UEFA. A part people are not talking about is that Ederson got fouled before the goal and the referee let it stand.

As soon as the referee was going to check the VAR screen, I just knew the people in the VAR room will not show the referee that angle that was quite clear that Llorente used his elbow.

It is time we get this Champions League knockout phases right. If we are not blowing our opponents away, we will get cheated.

From Dailymail:

The ball hits Fernando Llorente's arm as he scores Tottenham’s vital third goal... but the footage wasn't used in the VAR review

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nhams-vital-goal-against-Manchester-City.html

It is just a pity that the UEFA conspiracy lives on against Manchester City. I am used to it.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:06am On Apr 18, 2019
VAR also cheat Swansea in F.A cup giving city 2 goals u didn't come here to talk about conspiracy
TheGoodJoe:

I think I am not too bitter because I am now used to being cheated by UEFA. A part people are not talking about is that Ederson got fouled before the goal and the referee let it stand.

As soon as the referee was going to check the VAR screen, I just knew the people in the VAR room will not show the referee that angle that was quite clear that Llorente used his elbow.

It is time we get this Champions League knockout phases right. If we are not blowing our opponents away, we will get cheated.

From Dailymail:

The ball hits Fernando Llorente's arm as he scores Tottenham’s vital third goal... but the footage wasn't used in the VAR review

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nhams-vital-goal-against-Manchester-City.html

It is just a pity that the UEFA conspiracy lives on against Manchester City. I am used to it.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2019
Tbaba,icon4s what's ur opinion on dis

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2019
isan:
VAR also cheat Swansea in F.A cup giving city 2 goals u didn't come here to talk about conspiracy

If VAR cheated Swansea, then it is wrong. However, being serially cheated over the years is not the same thing. We are talking of the Demiechelis Penalty incident against Barcelona, Last season, the Liverpool own, Ederson gets fouled and the referee refused to call and the VAR refusing to show the handball that led to our elimination.

Swansea does not equate it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40am On Apr 18, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Originally, the Olukunmi were not Igbo but today they are 101% Igbo and speak a version of Enuani(Igbo). Nduka and Anyamelune are Igbo names.

I am jumping in blind nit getting the full substance if what is in contention.

Nonetheless, l know a certain Nduka Obiagbiona from Agbor in Delta state. Would you then classify his surname as IGBO derived.

I will add that the language of Ika people's would not be described as IGBO. It may have some derivation but presently it's very far from the pure Igbo language.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2019
Theben:

I'm sorry bro, we are yet to qualify. Nigeria defeated Angola, Angola defeated Uganda so if Uganda defeats Nigeria then the head to head rule will be meaningless. By your analysis, we qualify ahead of angola, angola qualifies ahead of Uganda and Uganda qualifies ahead of us. So who goes through?

Goal difference is certainly going to be what would decide the team that would progress from the group.
u r right,they tagged nigeria advanced before but it has been updated now,
Either way,we have superior goals difference against angola,they have to score 3 unreplied goals against tanzania who would not want to lose all their 3 matches in front of their fans,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2019
elyte89:

That is not your under 17 player.

He is Akinwunmi not Akinkunmi.

Plus he goes more by Ayobami. I know his facebook page.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:18am On Apr 18, 2019
tbaba1234:

That is not your under 17 player.

He is Akinwunmi not Akinkunmi.

Plus he goes more by Ayomide. I know his facebook page.

Is he not d same guy in front of d player putting on white jersey?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2019
well city had 180 minute of football to decide their own fate but they didn't they took the first leg for granted and played weaker team and failed to score an away goal in the end VAR had to decide both team fate and u know it could have gone either way ....if ighalo had converted those sitters he missed VAR won't decide our fate
TheGoodJoe:

If VAR cheated Swansea, then it is wrong. However, being serially cheated over the years is not the same thing. We are talking of the Demiechelis Penalty incident against Barcelona, Last season, the Liverpool own, Ederson gets fouled and the referee refused to call and the VAR refusing to show the handball that led to our elimination.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2019
elyte89:

Absolutely not

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:22am On Apr 18, 2019
elyte89:

This is our players facebook page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

Smartest move to win Seria A again and not UCL

We are talking about trophy they have been dying to win for years we are not talking about investment wise

everything is about the money , TROPHY =MONEY , what is trophy without the monetary prize ? they rejuvenated the league with just that single move , And don't forget Ronaldo is 35years , they knew he is 35 and took a gamble , not to win the trophy but if the trophy comes next season so be it ,the aim is to make money . Trophy is secondary .any Italian man will not joke with money .please do your findings .

"Ronaldo is a pot of gold "

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

LMAO, you are joking right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
lexyman:

everything is about the money , TROPHY =MONEY , what is trophy without the monetary prize ? they rejuvenated the league with just that single move , And don't forget Ronaldo is 35years , they knew he is 35 and took a gamble , not to win the trophy but if the trophy comes next season so be it ,the aim is to make money . Trophy is secondary .any Italian man will not joke with money .please do your findings .

Agreed bro

But there was something I was trying to say
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
Napoleon55:
Nigeria qualifies based on caf's regulations,
points in head to head among tied teams are used first before any other tie breaking criteria.
Even if uganda and angola both wins their next matches,nigeria qualifies ahead of angola irrespective of their result,as we have 3points against them.

And if Uganda beats Nigeria Uganda are ahead of Nigeria on head to head. Meanwhile Angola had already beaten Uganda so Angola are ahead of Uganda on head to head, if Angola also beat Tanzania. This is a loop and in this case head to head will not work. Goals difference are used.And if they are still not separated "Goals For" ie goals scored are used. Look at the bigger picture bro.

NIGERIA HAVE NOT QUALIFIED.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
elyte89:

Una don start grin

Una no know the difference between Akinwunmi and Akinkunmi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
House, all 3 of Nigeria, Uganda and Angela can end up on 6 points. If this happens it means all 3 teams would have beaten each other. Head to Head cannot separate the teams in this case

Nigeria has not qualfied forget what those lazy media houses are saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

From Dailymail:

There was no foul. Tottenham won clean and clear. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
Icon4s:
House, all 3 of Nigeria, Uganda and Angela can end up on 6 points. If this happens it means all 3 teams would have beaten each other. Head to Head cannot separate the teams in this case

Nigeria has not qualfied forget what those lazy media houses are saying

We need a draw...any draw...to qualify...but if Tanzania beats Angola...our result against Uganda becomes irrelevant..we qualify on point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
commiserations GoodJoe just wasn't meant to be truth is man city should have buried spurs earlier so they would have been no VAR heartbreak and for some reason his teams have always been lacking defensively these past few years. have to say the level of bad belleism against pep is off the charts. it's like pent up years of frustration against gardiola (for whatever reason) has been unleashed on him like a hundred volcanoes going of at the same time. ah well whatever helps them sleep well at night

TheGoodJoe:

From Dailymail:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Icon4s:

And if Uganda beats Nigeria Uganda are ahead of Nigeria on head to head. Meanwhile Angola had already beaten Uganda so Angola are ahead of Uganda on head to head, if Angola also beat Tanzania. This is a loop and in this case head to head will not work. Goals difference are used.And if they are still not separated "Goals For" ie goals scored are used. Look at the bigger picture bro.

yes,we r yet to qualify.
But we'll definitely qualify,4 us not to, we have to lose by 3 goals to nil while angola wins,which is highly unlikely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
lexyman:

thanks bro..and he even called me a liar for facts he knows nothing about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
off topic can't express enough how amazing a footballer de bruye is have no doubt woulda been in the running for balond'or this season had he been fully fit throughout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
elyte89:

You're actually spot on. That's him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Icon4s:

We don't have to worry too much about the math, just focus on winning against Uganda. I'm almost certain we'll create more chances to score than them but if we don't convert those chances it's meaningless. We have to go straight for the kill. Also don't give away needless penalties.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
It's gonna be a cracker, but we'll be ready. I mean, I would rather that we play Liverpool in the semi finals than face this youthful Ajax team.

And by the way, a Barca v Ajax finals (if that happens) is going to a show for the ages - the beautiful game at its best!

O pari

andrew444:

We ready bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Haha. Komekn's own when it comes to the EPL is something else grin

O pari

Humility017:

Why won't you doubt it when you don't see any usefulness of Ronaldo all because you're a messi fan.

when it comes to issue like this. ... arguing with you is like have a debate wit komekn as regard the superiority of the epl or borough players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
The British media (pundits) are already predicting a Liverpool v Spurs UCL Finals, but they would be greatly disappointed. I think it's most likely gonna be a Barca v Ajax finals. Mark my words!

O pari

Danielnino00:
Liverpool vs Barca grin

Andrew444 Bascovanveli, Icon79 ... Are u ready? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Barryseal:

You're actually spot on. That's him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
From the LMC twitter handle:
Kayode Julius (the coach that punched the Lobi Stars GK) has been suspended from all NPFL match venues and activities for one year.
Rangers, Ifeanyi Uba FC fined N2.5 million for pitch invasion, threatening officials, failure to provide adequate security.
Does anyone know if Yobe Desert Stars was punished in anyway for their fans' behavior against Akwa United?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5798) (5799) (5800) (5801) (5802) (5803) (5804) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, kayburner, charlesemeka85(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.