Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11872803 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5915) (5916) (5917) (5918) (5919) (5920) (5921) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:31pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

I remember one time like that prior to the world cup when Iheanacho picked up an injury.. tbaba dropped the news and the post got about 5 likes...o boy come see attack grin ..Iheanacho biggest fanboys like nerdy madam safari and even chief icon went wild grin ..They accused those who liked the post of hating on their boy and celebrating his injury cheesy ..It wasn't funny at all..

Chriskels post on Ighalo didn't get that kind of attack cus its just Ighalo.. Make we talk true many people don't like him..even after emerging as the top scorer at the qualifiers, many still don't like him .Me personally don't like him...He isn't the kind of striker that inspire confidence.. too inconsistent in the GWG..

However I assure u that the criticism he gets has nothing to do with tribalism...Nearly every player in the super eagles has gotten his own fair share of criticism here.. Chriskels even wants Osimhen to replace Ighalo.. Osimhen and Ighalo are from d same tribe..no be tribalism abeg.. na just dislike grin

Some might not like Ighalo but a lot love him. It is those who care that matters, not those who wish failure.

Somehow, I did not get the chance to respond the celebration of Ighalo's injury but it is so wrong. The idea of a player getting stretchered off should not give anyone joy.

Wish him the best.

Ighalo is one of the good guys that tries to put smiles on the faces of those who lack. Anything wrong happening to him will affect hundreds of people he cares for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:34pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

I remember one time like that prior to the world cup when Iheanacho picked up an injury.. tbaba dropped the news and the post got about 5 likes...o boy come see attack grin ..Iheanacho biggest fanboys like nerdy madam safari and even chief icon went wild grin ..They accused those who liked the post of hating on their boy and celebrating his injury cheesy ..It wasn't funny at all..

Chriskels post on Ighalo didn't get that kind of attack cus its just Ighalo.. Make we talk true many people don't like him..even after emerging as the top scorer at the qualifiers, many still don't like him .Me personally don't like him...He isn't the kind of striker that inspire confidence.. too inconsistent in the GWG..

However I assure u that the criticism he gets has nothing to do with tribalism...Nearly every player in the super eagles has gotten his own fair share of criticism here.. Chriskels even wants Osimhen to replace Ighalo.. Osimhen and Ighalo are from d same tribe..no be tribalism abeg.. na just dislike grin

The non compos mentis u quoted doesn't know what that word Tribalism means, dont waste ur energy explaining to such a street urchin, otherwise eschew my moniker as I dont like being mentioned in same sentence with guttersnipes so bereft of meaningful lives outside the internet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2019
thegoodjoehunt3:

Some might not like Ighalo but a lot love him. It is those who care that matters, not those who wish failure.

Somehow, I did not get the chance to respond the celebration of Ighalo's injury but it is so wrong. The idea of a player getting stretchered off should not give anyone joy.

Wish him the best.

Ighalo is one of the good guys that tries to put smiles on the faces of those who lack. Anything wrong happening to him will affect the hundreds of people he cares for.

I don't like Ighalo style of play in the GWG but I have nothing against is person.. why should I?

It's like u said,he is a wonderful human being...I'm well informed of his charity works around ..

Got nothing against him at all.. if he was more consistent in the GWG he'd be more liked..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:41pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Zaccala is viewed as one for the future not now.. too young.

What I can deduce from this is that Aigbogun is a curse to Nigerian football. A 17year old is too young for an U20 tourney while a 30+year old isn’t too old? Iberibe!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On May 11, 2019
forgiveness:

Only two fb young players? Na wa ooo

Ofoborh..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2019
elyte89:

So what do u think will happen to u in this thread if we fail to win one match at d world cup grin grin

I don't care grin ..

When u support a team,u support them through and through..

u are one hell of a pessimistic fellow... Even if they aren't going to win a game, just support them...if u can't support them,don't call.yourself a fan...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:45pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:
Zaccala is seriously turning heads in camp. Just 17 years old. He is expected to be dropped though.

Slim chance of making it..

Too young to play? The whole exercise is getting boring.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:46pm On May 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

What I can deduce from this is that Aigbogun is a curse to Nigerian football. A 17year old is too young for an U20 tourney while a 30+year old isn’t too old? Iberibe!!

Not trying to defend Aigbohun here o..but the best u-20 teams at the world cup are always filled with players between 19 and 20 ..players who play professional football for their first team...that gives them an advantage over other teams ...like the England team that won the last world cup..

So this Zaccala dude may actually be too young for the team.. doesn't mean he won't play for the super eagles later on....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

Not trying to defend Aigbohun here o..but the best u-20 teams at the world cup are always filled with players between 19 and 20 ..players who play professional football for their first team...that gives them an advantage over other teams ...like the England team that won the last world cup..

So this Zaccala dude may actually be too young for the team.. doesn't mean he won't play for the super eagles later on....

If only our team was composed of 19-20 year olds.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:50pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

I don't care grin ..

When u support a team,u support them through and through..

u are one hell of a pessimistic fellow... Even if they aren't going to win a game, just support them...if u can't support them,don't call.yourself a fan...

Dts my issue with u...u can't draw a line btw being pragmatic and being pessimistic... U don't knw me in Person...so u tagging me a pessimist remains ur opinion wc is very inconsequential to me,I don't care grin grin grin

Back to d matter,for those who know my style,ain't a dogmatic supporter like u,bascovanvelli etc who just want to support anything green white green even when its glaring some things re wrong,my loyalty and support is not up to dt extent..I can't c white and call it black because am supporting a team no way

If ur own way of optimism is calling a white ,black..den go ahead.its ur own style not mine cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

I know osimhen is from Benin nah ,osimhen only came to the limelight of people in this thread this season, I also think I have criticize osimhen most times

Calm down bro ,i might sound rude but I know what am saying

Tribalist na tribalist
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:54pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Ofoborh..

Just three? What a big scam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

That's why we needed Chuks... And our inability to qualify for the last u-17 world cup is another issue .

its not easy to find genuine u-20 players in our league...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:55pm On May 11, 2019
forgiveness:

Just three? What a big scam.

There are other foreign based players expected to make the team. Kingsley Michael, Igor Ogbu etc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:55pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:57pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

There are other foreign based players expected to make the team. Kingsley Michael, Igor Ogbu etc

Why did he drop the Dutch guy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:57pm On May 11, 2019
elyte89:

Dts my issue with u...u can't draw a line btw being pragmatic and being pessimistic... U don't knw me in Person...so u tagging me a pessimist remains ur opinion wc is very inconsequential to me,I don't care grin grin grin

Back to d matter,for those who know my style,ain't a dogmatic supporter like u,bascovanvelli etc who just want to support anything green white green even when its glaring some things re wrong,my loyalty and support is not up to dt extent..I can't c white and call it black because am supporting a team no way

If ur own way of optimism is calling a white ,black..den go ahead.its ur own style not mine cool

There is no need to know u in person oga...we are on the internet.. we define each other according to how we behave here..and so far u have proved to b a pessimist..

If u believe the team won't do well at the world cup, don't bother to follow d tournament... thank you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2019
andrew444:

I know osimhen is from Benin nah ,osimhen only came to the limelight of people in this thread this season, I also think I have criticize osimhen most times

Calm down bro ,i might sound rude but I know what am saying

Tribalist na tribalist
Seem to me like u don't know the meaning of the word "tribalist" before u decided to use it..

u could have simply used "Hater" grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:59pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

There is no need to know u in person oga...we are on the internet.. we define each other according to how we behave here..and so far u have proved to b a pessimist..

If u believe the team won't do well at the world cup, don't bother to follow d tournament... thank you

Ehn kan carry my TV and decoder na grin grin

Meanwhile u can go

And replace falcons once dey re out of d group grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 11, 2019
Apparently Omeruo made La Liga team of the week. Dude has been balling all season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:14pm On May 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

That's why we needed Chuks... And our inability to qualify for the last u-17 world cup is another issue .

its not easy to find genuine u-20 players in our league...

There are Nigerians scattered across the world in the correct age range. If we are serious, we can get many good quality prospects.

With AFCON, chuks should not be playing under 20 WC

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On May 11, 2019
forgiveness:

Why did he drop the Dutch guy?

Hamdi was competing with Tom Dele Bashiru, Ofoborh, Kingsley Michael etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:15pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:
Zaccala is seriously turning heads in camp. Just 17 years old. He is expected to be dropped though.

What position??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Apparently Omeruo made La Liga team of the week. Dude has been balling all season.
This is good for us, i hope Chelsea sells him and stop this incessant loan deals but our transfer ban might not help much.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:16pm On May 11, 2019
edi287:

What position??

Goalie..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:21pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Hamdi was competing with Tom Dele Bashiru, Ofoborh, Kingsley Michael etc

That's true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2019
elyte89:

Ehn kan carry my TV and decoder na grin grin
Meanwhile u can go
And replace falcons once dey re out of d group grin
Lol! You this guy, you be clown I swear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:25pm On May 11, 2019
elyte89:

Gbam.

I am in support of being realistic and not exhibiting false hope
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

they should sent him to the eaglet camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:38pm On May 11, 2019
enomakos:
they should sent him to the eaglet camp

He is older than the eaglets camp requirement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 10:40pm On May 11, 2019
andrew444:

Dude should be having many offers

Wolfsburg never gave him the chance he deserved.
i was against his move to Germany for day one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:40pm On May 11, 2019
Simy over osimhen due to experience

(1) (2) (3) ... (5915) (5916) (5917) (5918) (5919) (5920) (5921) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m), Towbaba500(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.