Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648620 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5943) (5944) (5945) (5946) (5947) (5948) (5949) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:24pm On May 15, 2019
jihday:
na standby be that na

No bi list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

What prompted that statement then?

grin

..... Because most of your favorite Players are believed to be your Kinsmen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:28pm On May 15, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

..... Because most of your favorite Players are believed to be your Kinsmen.

No mind those people. Let the SE be dominated by the Northern players, you will see many self hired advocate here.

Go to the politics section, most these dudes are defending their people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:32pm On May 15, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

He's not a Lawyer, he's not trained to argue his Case here professionally. I believe Forgiveness is simply fighting for Equity and Justice, however most of his Clients are from certain Region.

I am not a lawyer but I was born and brought up in legal practitioners, judges and lawmaker home. I suppose to be, to keep the tradition but I have chosen a different way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

He's not a Lawyer, he's not trained to argue his Case here professionally. I believe Forgiveness is simply fighting for Equity and Justice, however most of Clients are from certain Region.

You see, that has always been the root of all his agitations. He is always fighting for Equity and Justice based on certain lines.

You cannot fight for a 50-50 representation between a particular Region and the other. There should be no room for quota system in football. If all the national team players are from Zamzafara state and they merit it. It is ok.

When ever any List is Rolled out he has always had this way of agitating against the exclusion of One or certain group of players. Or he will agitate against the inclusion of one or certain Group of players.

One of my distant relative is a current member of the SE but there was a time he fell out of favor concerning invitations, but I never carried plackard all over the thread and labelling some of the coaches of bribery allegations.

Forgiveness comes to me as a good guy. But all my issues with him have always been his choice of Players to agitate for or Defend. And nothing else! There are people who see such attitudes and look away but I will not.

When someone repeatedly says something over and over again, it can appear as truth in the eyes of the gullible. So anytime I read such comments I will have to challenge it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

No mind those people. Let the SE be dominated by the Northern players, you will see many self hired advocate here.

Go to the politics section, most these dudes are defending their people.

grin

At the bolded...... I know them all, that's the Reason they have more than 3 Monikers. Funnily most of them are quick at throwing Stones of Tribalism at you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:35pm On May 15, 2019
Meanwhile for those clamouring for nacho to b dropped,don't b surprised if he makes d final twenty three man list cool,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2019
elyte89:
Meanwhile for those clamouring for nacho to b dropped,don't b surprised if he makes d final twenty three man list cool,

For me it depends on what he offers in camp. If he applies himself well and breaks his way into the Coach's plans fine else, he should be booted out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:42pm On May 15, 2019
ah well we will just gba kamu. no be here we dey when the late stephen keshi drop ike uche come carry pesin wey score 3 goals all season go world cup? eye don see plenty things

elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2019
comodo:

My bruda, I have been seeing all sort of accusations that Awoniyi no dey the other person no dey. So make me I increase to 50 man list to include them naa.
Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2019
Icon4s:

You see, that has always been the root of all his agitations. He is always fighting for Equity and Justice based on certain lines.

You cannot fight for a 50-50 representation between a particular Region and the other. There should be no room for quota system in football. If all the national team players are from Zamzafara state and they merit it. It is ok.

When ever any List is Rolled out he has always had this way of agitating against the exclusion of One or certain group of players. Or he will agitate against the inclusion of one or certain Group of players.

One of my distant relative is a current member of the SE but there was a time he fell out of favor concerning invitations, but I never carried plackard all over the thread and labelling some of the coaches of bribery allegations.

Forgiveness comes to me as a good guy. But all my issues with him have always been his choice of Players to agitate for or Defend. And nothing else! There are people who see such attitudes and look away but I will not.

When someone repeatedly says something over and over again, it can appear as truth in the eyes of the gullible. So anytime I read such comments I will have to challenge it.

grin

Well, you have good Points. Forgiveness is known for his stubbornness on this Thread. He's not gonna bend, once he believes in a Cause.

But we need to be more tolerant and friendly on this Thread. What do Anyone stand to gain by bringing any Player down?!

Criticism ain't the same as cussing, and we criticize differently. He's kinda emotional whenever he smells injustice, thus dropping Allegations (some without facts, rather from personal point of view), but that don't mean he's a Bigot or hating on the alleged.

I enjoin Everyone to take it simple pls. There are two Monikers here that we are presently residing in the same foreign Country, but the Atmosphere here won't motivate either of us to find or contact each other.

We don't need it. We should stop it. Let's be more friendly. Let's be tolerant. Let's go back to the olden Days when my first Moniker was still active.

Salaam.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 1:57pm On May 15, 2019
Danielnino00:
On the list: No surprise at all..Very typical of Rohr..

The two players to be dropped will most likely come from the attack.
Iheanacho could be the main victim if he doesn't impress in the friendly before the final list..And difficult as it may look to accept,Chukwueze spot in the team isn't guaranteed at all. He could be dropped! Even Osimhen! I dunno if Kalu is currently fit though, but if he is, his spot is also guaranteed.

if anybody is going to b dropped in defence, it would be Awazeim... Balogun with his lack of game time would still make the list based on his experience in the team..

Overall, Iheanacho, Chukwueze, Osimhen and Awazeim are the ones likely to be dropped!
Chukwueze can never be dropped bar injury. Rohr won't try that because he knows Nigerians will descend on him. What will be his explanation for making the boy miss U-20 World Cup only for him not to still take him to Afcon? I think the potential two to be dropped is within Nacho, Awaziem and Semi Ajayi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 2:00pm On May 15, 2019
Forgiveness this one you are crying about Awoniyi what will you say about Nwaekeme who has more goals and is in a better league than Awoniyi

Is it because he's not from the region you want to see in the team list?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2019
Earthquake3:
Forgiveness this one you are crying about Awoniyi what will you say about Nwaekeme who has more goals and is in a better league than Awoniyi

the thing tire me nor be small...
Nwaekeme is one player that ought to have made even the stand by list....

he has done fairly well for himself this season...settled so well in turkey...
but no one is crying for his exclusion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:16pm On May 15, 2019
Earthquake3:

Is the Turkish league better than the Belgium league?

Since, you have seen the players from the region you want to see, hope you are satisfied?

Besides, is Nwaekeme a striker? If not, which of the LW on the list will you drop for him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2019
grin grin grin

Preaching Peace is kinda waste of Time. It's better to enjoying the Drama than calming the Situations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 2:24pm On May 15, 2019
Eleniyan15:
My lame prediction grin grin
Two players to be dropped

Nacho
Samu Chuk or Samuel Kalu

I don't see rohr dropping semi ajayi
Nahhh...Samuel Kalu and Samu Chuks will not be dropped except injury to any of them. Samuel Kalu is one of Rohr untouchable because of his pattern of play and general contribution to the team's attack and defense from the flank. He is the closest we have to Victor Moses in terms of playing pattern. While on Samu Chuks, Rohr will not drop him because the boy didn't go to u-20 World Cup because of Afcon. What will be Rohr's excuse? I will be shocked if any of samuels miss this Afcon bar injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 2:25pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

Is the Turkish league better than the Belgium league?

Since, you have seen the players from the region you want to see, hope you are satisfied?

Besides, is Nwaekeme a striker? If not, which of the LW on the list will you drop for him?

Nwaekeme can play as a striker as well as a LW

If he can score more goals from the LW position than Awoniyi can score as a striker he sure deserves a place ahead of him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On May 15, 2019
Earthquake3:

Nwaekeme can play as a striker as well as a LW

If he can score more goals from the LW position than Awoniyi can score as a striker he sure deserves a place ahead of him

First of all, how many goal has he scored as a striker in his whole entire career? See below. As you can see, he is a winger and not a striker.

Now, see Awoniyi stats as a striker.

The last time I checked, Nwaekeme and Awoniyi are tie at 12 goals. Where did he score more than Awoniyi?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 2:40pm On May 15, 2019
Icon4s:

Who are the experienced strikers we have in the super Eagles now?

Onigbinde dropped Yakubu Aiyegbeni and took Opabunmi to the world cup.

Besides, Osimhen's rating at U17 was higher than that of Opabunmi. Which Nigerian U17 Player has ever scored a double digit in a single tournament? Osimhen is highest ever goal scorer at the U17 WC. Talentwise both players are not at par.

Mind you , if you are fair with ur reasoning, all along I have been against Osimhen's early inclusion into the national team until he proves himself at senior club level.

You cannot hinge on Osimhen's call up to keep crying over Awoniyi's exclusion. Both players are currently not on the same pedestal.

Yakubu deserved to be dropped for 2002 world cup, was he fit? he had eyes surgery weeks before korea/Japan world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:41pm On May 15, 2019
elyte89:

In that case, don't be surprised when we don't make it past the round of 16 and Rohr gets sacked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:45pm On May 15, 2019
chrisooblog:
i'm not surprised by the list matches the names i was expecting. glad to see odogwu he would definitely make our midfield infinitely better from a creative and control standpoint. iheanacho is there solely on past exploits nothing more i expect him to be dropped when the the final 23 man list gets out.

my thoughts on the list :-

coaches should have done better as regards the list of goalkeepers. should have given more home based keepers a chance to showcase their skills i'm certain one would have shown more promise than uzoho, ezenwa or akpeyi. anyway what is done is done just try and make the best of a poor situation.

defence is pretty solid long time that we had a squad with this strength in depth and quality especially regarding our centre backs. expect one of awaziem or ajayi to be dropped.

midfield is now abit more solid with the addition of Mikel. i understand peoples concern with the lack of options with our midfield but the cold truth is we don't have too many outstanding midfielders. nwakali brothers haven't improved on their earlier promise, ifeanyi matthew is just there, ebere eze still learning the craft, others like ofoborh still in the youth setup. that said it's my sincere belief that with mikel's addition the midfield should be able to match up against the best in africa.

attack is really good. in my opinion for the first time since the 1994 squad we have an incredible set of talented and fearsome wingers.musa and ighalo's experience should complement the youthful vigour of onuachu and osimhen.

this squad is definitely better than the 2013 set that won the AFCON but unfortunately they will be facing more formidable opposition. my personal expectation is for them to attempt to win the AFCON. i think with good tactical coaching and luck it can be done. i know a lot people have doubts about rohr's tactical acumen but one can only hope they succeed and support the team.

on a related i think awoniyi was hard done by. he has had a good season far better than iheanacho yet he's not even good enough to be on standby!? no that's not fair. and please let's not use the olympic qualifier against libya as an excuse to say he's not ready cos even samuel chukwueze that was drafted to face the libyans in the second leg had an average game yet samu is going to AFCON while taiwo is stuck at home. this is not the best

as for iheanacho issue is straightforward really. he's currently not good enough and should be eventually dropped national team is not a rehabilitation centre.

wish the team all the best.

LET'S GO SUPER EAGLES!

I hope you guys don't complain when Mikel under performs. I see it happening
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 2:46pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

First of all, how many goal has he scored as a striker in his whole entire career? See below. As you can see, he is a winger and not a striker.

The last time I checked, Nwaekeme and Awoniyi are tie at 12 goals. Where did he score more than Awoniyi?

Oh now it's how many career goals he has scored? Going by that logic you should never compare Awoniyi to Iheanacho

I only count league goals not when you score against non professional footballers in cups, Nwaekeme has 10,Awoniyi has 7
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:02pm On May 15, 2019
Earthquake3:

Oh now it's how many career goals he has scored? Going by that logic you should never compare Awoniyi to Iheanacho

I only count league goals not when you score against non professional footballers in cups, Nwaekeme has 10,Awoniyi has 7

Who is talking about career goals?

Nwaekeme is not a striker going by that stats and he scored in a lower league lower than the Belgium League. EOD.

Maybe Europa League goals are lesser than the Turkish league goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2019
darkelf:

simply put...you just don't like mikel.
I don't know what you have against him...

mikel has featured in 3 afcon and in each he has proved himself.
he got his debut goal against Zimbabwe in 2006 and scored and assist Yakubu in Ghana 2008 afcon he was the only useful player in the super eagles in that afcon and in 2013....he played so well delivered a master class....I don't know if he featured in 2010 afcon though...I think he was injured.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:07pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

Nwaekeme is not a striker going by that stats and he scored in a lower league lower than the Belgium League. EOD.

Shut up and reread your post again

forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:11pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

One Europa League goal that you are yapping nonsense about grin

Maybe when he scores two we start worshipping him, Average striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:17pm On May 15, 2019
Earthquake3:

Shut up and reread your post again

'As a striker' is the pointer that position is the subject of discuss. Read and comprehend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:19pm On May 15, 2019
Earthquake3:

One Europa League goal that you are yapping nonsense about grin

Maybe when he scores two we start worshipping him, Average striker

It doesn't change the fact that you lied about the goal and level of league.

Nwaekeme is not a striker and he is currently in a lower league than Awoniyi.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:23pm On May 15, 2019
the worst that can happen is if he underperforms he will be benched and our midfield puts out the same performance. on the other hand if mikel shines the team does well

darkelf:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:26pm On May 15, 2019
forgiveness:

'As a striker' is a pointer that position is the subject of discuss. Read and comprehend.

I think it would be stupid of me to remind you again that Nwaekeme plays both positions

Your league coefficient means nothing, it's like saying that it's easier to score in EPl than LA Liga because La Liga has a higher position

Everybody knows Turkey has top clubs like Gala, Fernabarche, Besisktas et al
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2019
elyte89:

Lol

I wont be suprised

(1) (2) (3) ... (5943) (5944) (5945) (5946) (5947) (5948) (5949) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tinneh, iamdynamite(m), AndSunGorilla, elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.