Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,086 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780929 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5978) (5979) (5980) (5981) (5982) (5983) (5984) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ManBeast: 12:34am On May 22, 2019
See below indeed.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 12:42am On May 22, 2019
tbaba1234:
See this toddler...17 year old Zaccala

The other man looks like his father's mategrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 1:44am On May 22, 2019
How do I watch the U-20 world aside through Dstv as i don't have one.

Any app or website where i can stream?

Any suggestions will do

Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 2:07am On May 22, 2019
Hello everyone! I want you to celebrate me because it’s my birthday

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:26am On May 22, 2019
peterd53:
Hello everyone! I want you to celebrate me because it’s my birthday

HBD Boss!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:57am On May 22, 2019
if U want to blame Rohr go ahead and blame him. Abi na Onuachu invite himself?

forgiveness:

Was Kayode given chance?

Has Awoniyi been given a chance?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:30am On May 22, 2019
I remember someone here saying badbelleishly they don't get the hype about Onyekuru. See the young man may be on his way to Bayern. undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:33am On May 22, 2019
realpoacher:
How do I watch the U-20 world aside through Dstv as i don't have one.

Any app or website where i can stream?

Any suggestions will do

Thanks

Mobdro app could be helpful..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:02am On May 22, 2019
gamaliel9:

Philip Osondu hahahaha grin grin grin

Do not ask me why i am laughing...argue with ODARTEY LAMTEY
The young boy who got fatter instead of growing taller...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:36am On May 22, 2019
jihday:
shame suppose catch that uncle beside him, he's supposed to be aboutvtwo years older

.two years...or 9years older

If hea two years older, den hes not old and won't look st way undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:24am On May 22, 2019
junnyjake:

Really
I just knew you'd stubbornly run along with anything you've already set your mind to believe in.

Telling me that he deserves to be on the list than anyone else doesn't dismiss the fact that he is the only who's had it bad or is having it bad.

Stop putting yourself in positions where people are forced to call your bias.

What has the list got to do with chance?

My friend, we are not talking about list here. We are talking about Kayode not given a chance to prove himself despite the fact that he deserved it as at then.

Stop twisting matter here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 7:39am On May 22, 2019
raindodger13:

HBD Boss!!! smiley

Thanks bro ��
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:44am On May 22, 2019
elyte89:

.two years...or 9years older

If hea two years older, den hes not old and won't look st way undecided
I think he meant since it is u20, the most he should have been older than the goalkeeper is 2 years and not that he's actually 2 years older than
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:45am On May 22, 2019
Moses Simon and Awaziem to be dropped.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:46am On May 22, 2019
FIFA Names 10 Players Primed To Shine At Poland 2019 & You Can Guess The Nigerian On The List

Published: May 21, 2019

FIFA Names 10 Players Primed To Shine At Poland 2019 & You Can Guess The Nigerian On The List
The FIFA U20 World Cup begins in Poland on Thursday, May 23 with Senegal facing Tahiti at the Arena Lublin, Lublin, while the Flying Eagles begin their campaign against Qatar the following day.

As part of their lead-up to the tournament, the official website of FIFA has picked the top ten starlets primed to shine at Poland 2019 and beyond.

There are no prizes for guessing that Manchester City wonderkid Tom Dele-Bashiru is the Flying Eagles player that made the list.

The remaining nine players that made the cut are : Nehuen Perez (Argentina), Radoslaw Majecki (Poland), Timothy Weah (USA), Dan-Axel Zagadou (France), Diego Lainez (Mexico), Lee Kangin (Korea Republic), Moises Ramirez (Ecuador), Turki Al-Ammar (Saudi Arabia) and Erling Haland (Norway).

On Dele-Bashiru, they wrote : ''Born in Manchester, Dele-Bashiru represented England's U-16s but will be pulling the strings for the Flying Eagles at Poland 2019.

''He earned his first appearance for Manchester City during a league cup match against Leicester City in 2017.''

The 19-year-old Dele-Bashiru was the most impressive Flying Eagles player during their training camp in Germany and it is all but confirmed that he will make his international debut against Qatar.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32225

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:48am On May 22, 2019
Truidstar:

How did you know?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:52am On May 22, 2019
forgiveness:

What has the list got to do with chance?

My friend, we are not talking about list here. We are talking about Kayode not given a chance to prove himself despite the fact that he deserved it as at then.

Stop twisting matter here.
how many chances must Kayode get before you will agree he got a chance?

Is it not his mate, Onuachu, that came on and scored a goal within 3 seconds? Is it not his mate Idowu, that scored a goal within minutes of being brought on against Argentina? Must he play 3 full matches before you agree he was given a chance?

Forgiveness, I feel at this point in life, you should know that everyone is not fortunate enough to be given repeated chances and you have to grab your chances and make moments of them. Kayode has repeatedly failed to grab his chances and that is on no one but him. We cannot start blaming village people for the failure of a man to grab his chances, the line is long and many others await the same opportunities he missed. Iheanacho will have a lot to say about the dangers of not taking chances.

Kayode has up to 90 minutes of playing time under his belt, in that time, he has barely shown a sliver of brilliance compared to others who have come after him. It took Ebuehi five minutes to mesmerise us, after chopping bench game after game.

Kayode did not take his chance and he doesn't deserve another for now. Same way we discarded of Nwakaeme when he failed to deliver. Even Simy Nwankwo that has one international goal with less than 90 minutes of game time was dropped, how much more Kayode.

Kayode was given a chance, he failed to make the right impact, and was duly dropped. That's the way life is. Let's move on, please.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:59am On May 22, 2019
forgiveness:

How did you know?

Had dinner with Rohr Yesterday grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:34am On May 22, 2019
Stats on some of our players this season.

From SSE_NGA on twitter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:36am On May 22, 2019
Continued..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:39am On May 22, 2019
Truidstar:
when Rohr no chop weed. Simon and Awaziem must not be drop . I will rather drop Aina and Kelechi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2019
mostob:
when Rohr no chop weed. Simon and Awaziem must not be drop . I will rather drop Aina and Kelechi.
a player who featured all season for Torino, you wanna drop him?
Aina is making that team list, i agree with you on Nancho but you
the lad don go employ personal trainer just to scam Rohr to make
he list.....

i wish he had his senses back after missing the afcon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2019
i think this CAF folks are putting the likes of africa players at risk
we are currently at a time when ISIS have moved their base to
africa even at alliance nigeria terrorist groups and now instead of giving
south africa the hosting right they choosed egypt, same egypt not free
from terrorism attacks and bombings,

i just pray the africa players and their fans stay safe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:41am On May 22, 2019
safarigirl:
how many chances must Kayode get before you will agree he got a chance?

Is it not his mate, Onuachu, that came on and scored a goal within 3 seconds? Is it not his mate Idowu, that scored a goal within minutes of being brought on against Argentina? Must he play 3 full matches before you agree he was given a chance?

Forgiveness, I feel at this point in life, you should know that everyone is not fortunate enough to be given repeated chances and you have to grab your chances and make moments of them. Kayode has repeatedly failed to grab his chances and that is on no one but him. We cannot start blaming village people for the failure of a man to grab his chances, the line is long and many others await the same opportunities he missed. Iheanacho will have a lot to say about the dangers of not taking chances.

Kayode has up to 90 minutes of playing time under his belt, in that time, he has barely shown a sliver of brilliance compared to others who have come after him. It took Ebuehi five minutes to mesmerise us, after chopping bench game after game.

Kayode did not take his chance and he doesn't deserve another for now. Same way we discarded of Nwakaeme when he failed to deliver. Even Simy Nwankwo that has one international goal with less than 90 minutes of game time was dropped, how much more Kayode.

Kayode was given a chance, he failed to make the right impact, and was duly dropped. That's the way life is. Let's move on, please.

When Kayode is played in his preferred striker position that is when we can conclude he was given a chance because he was played out of positions on two occasions but the other two occasions against South Africa and Argentina, he came on as a substitute in the last 19 minutes against South Africa when dem don start to dey park bus and in the last 3 minutes when Nigeria was no longer pushing forward against Argentina.

Dat one na chance?

But Onuachu, Simy and Nwaekeme were rushed to the starting 11 and even played in their preferred roles.

Why Kayode own come different?

For your information, it took Onuachu 26 minutes to score a goal in his preferred striker position.

Kayode never had that luxury of time in his preferred striker position. Gbam

Therefore, the fact still remains that Kayode was NEVER given the chance to prove himself in the GWG.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43am On May 22, 2019
Truidstar:

Had dinner with Rohr Yesterday grin grin grin grin grin

Hehehe!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:50am On May 22, 2019
edi287:
Stats on some of our players this season.

From SSE_NGA on twitter.

Ndidi na horse oooo. See stats? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:59am On May 22, 2019
mostob:

Who is the second LB behind Collins?

Aina is only player on that list beside Collins that has played on the LB under Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:03am On May 22, 2019
forgiveness:

Ndidi na horse oooo. See stats? grin
Dude is a monster I tell you. We're blessed to have him!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:04am On May 22, 2019
forgiveness:

When Kayode is played in his preferred striker position that is when we can conclude he was given a chance because he was played out of positions on two occasions but the other two occasions against South Africa and Argentina, he came on as a substitute in the last 19 minutes against South Africa when dem don start to dey park bus and in the last 3 minutes when Nigeria was no longer pushing forward against Argentina.

Dat one na chance?

But Onuachu, Simy and Nwaekeme were rushed to the starting 11 and even played in their preferred roles.

Why Kayode own come different?

For your information, it took Onuachu 26 minutes to score a goal in his preferred striker position.

Kayode never had that luxury of time in his preferred striker position. Gbam

Therefore, the fact still remains that Kayode was NEVER given the chance to prove himself in the GWG.

Nobody has time to try anybody in their prefered position. They try you where they think you cab perform and you have to do well or be thrown out.

That is life, your chances may not always be favorable, but you have to use them however you get them. Iheanacho was played as a striker and turned out numbers in City, even as it wasn't bis prefered position. Shehu Abdullahi put in a good performance as a RB in his early days, Ndidi was originally a CB and wss converted to a DM, he performed well in that capacity and made it his permanent role.

A forward is a forward. You ought to perform in the wings as good as you can as a striker, this isn't a daycare that the coach is required to pander to the whims of players. If he cannot perform in whatever forward position he gets, sayonara then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:07am On May 22, 2019
safarigirl:

Nobody has time to try anybody in their prefered position. They try you where they think you cab perform and you have to do well or be thrown out.

That is life, your chances may not always be favorable, but you have to use them however you get them. Iheanacho was played as a striker and turned out numbers in City, even as it wasn't bis prefered position. Shehu Abdullahi put in a good performance as a RB in his early days, Ndidi was originally a CB and wss converted to a DM, he performed well in that capacity and made it his permanent role.

A forward is a forward. You ought to perform in the wings as good as you can as a striker, this isn't a daycare that the coach is required to pander to the whims of players. If he cannot perform in whatever forward position he gets, sayonara then

We should try Ndidi as goalkeeper then and try Onyekuru as a RB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:07am On May 22, 2019
Humility017:
i think this CAF folks are putting the likes of africa players at risk
we are currently at a time when ISIS have moved their base to
africa even at alliance nigeria terrorist groups and now instead of giving
south africa the hosting right they choosed egypt, same egypt not free
from terrorism attacks and bombings,

i just pray the africa players and their fans stay safe

This is a stretch. Nigeria is more dangerous than Egypt,if we want to go by that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5978) (5979) (5980) (5981) (5982) (5983) (5984) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, bennie1980(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.