Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11866876 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6011) (6012) (6013) (6014) (6015) (6016) (6017) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:37pm On May 25, 2019
Humility017:

if every other nations were like Nigeria....the world would have come to an end long ago...

each time I think about Nigeria's future...I feel so sad.
I need no one to convince me that the devil lives in Nigeria....

please anything is possible with Nigerians.... and in Nigeria.

Let me shock you small...there are many countries worse than Nigeria ...

If you don't believe me,I'm willing to pay for your flight ticket so u can relocate to Sudan or DR Congo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:40pm On May 25, 2019
Icon4s:

Do not prophesy doom into your life. Have a positive out look and things will get better for you whether Nigeria exists or not.

My prophesy is about Nigeria not my life
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 25, 2019
fabyom:

I am a Nigerian. I am proud of it.
I was born here, it was in Nigeria my mother taught me that a good name is better than silver and gold.
God lives in Nigeria.
It was this God that brought me out from no where to lead presentations in different parts of the United states.
If you must know, being a Nigerian gave me the opportunities I never could have imagined in my life.
My Nigeria stands on the rock of ages and it shall not be moved.
Pray for the peace of Nigeria may those who love you PROSPER.
I pray for you my Nigeria!

Baba, just thank God for yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 25, 2019
The annoying thing is that we have the power to make things right. But, how can things be right when we have people openly supporting evil, so long as they benefit from it. "As e don better for me wetin concern me with the next person?"

For instance, we've been talking about this age cheat even before the competition yet we still have people who see it as no biggie.

There are thousands of young guys well below 20 going from one local football tournament to another just to have the opportunity given to Boda Oremade and co.

How can we ever get things right when we can't be truthful with ourselves in these little things?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:18am On May 26, 2019
Earthquake3:
Nigeria is heading for doom

No amount of prayer can restore it
Nigeria is not the problem.

Nigerians are the problem.

It does not matter, what becomes of the country, the people are the important factor. It does not matter how many fractions there are, as long as the average Nigerian remains a lover of corruption, we cannot effect change.

The people are messed up.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 12:22am On May 26, 2019
Was doubting this Liverpool interest on chukwueze till I saw it on Sky Sports. Still looking out for onyekuru's.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:34am On May 26, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:09am On May 26, 2019
jihday:
https://twitter.com/henryconyekuru/status/1132383921864364035?s=19
This was a nice video, lifted my spirits and made me smile.

Thanks for sharing smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:35am On May 26, 2019
Humility017:

you're making me feel bad.
you see despite all this our religious practices...corruption and evil amongst Nigerians and her leaders...stick high heavens....
very soon there will be population explosion in this country. millions currently have no jobs...presently we are hearing of bandit and terrorism operations in the northern Nigeria...this are mainly folks recruited from the millions of almajiri kids in the northern streets...

in the south...had it been not for abroad... Nigerians that would have been jobless would have been too much and you know what unemployment transcend too...HIGH CRIME RATE..

we really need to do something about this country if we truly care and not just to start praying.

here in Abuja civil servants will steal to buy cars and build houses in places like maitama and still go to church to give thanksgiving...likewise the Muslims too...

the youths too...nearly 5/10 youths in Niger delta especially Benin and delta are into internet fraud....
tell us something we don't know please..these we already know.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:41am On May 26, 2019
safarigirl:

This was a nice video, lifted my spirits and made me smile.

Thanks for sharing smiley
You are welcome
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:24am On May 26, 2019
Who gave Bashiru that deadly pass?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:12am On May 26, 2019
zuchyblink:
Who gave Bashiru that deadly pass?

U noticed it too?
My brother, na Kingsley Micheal o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:23am On May 26, 2019
elyte89:

What will u say now after 4-1 undecided undecided

Na Christian chukwu school.of football e later go abi grin > grin
Jeez!!.. You are evil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:48am On May 26, 2019
jihday:
https://twitter.com/henryconyekuru/status/1132383921864364035?s=19
onyekuru is a full blooded Nigerian..

Reminds me of this song..

.no matter where you go, remember the road that leads u home
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2019
Earthquake3:

My prophesy is about Nigeria not my life

U prophecy doom for Nigeria and u believe it will not affect your life?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2019
alekside:
Oga, stop this self deceit.

These guys look older I am. I am over30 grin grin

I agree with you without any reservation.

It's DISGRACEFUL I mean there is a time to just be quite or abstain as opposed to making impossible and ridiculous claims.

Those are men bordering on 30 there is nothing to argue about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2019
Danielnino00:
*Transfer tidbits *

- Bayern Munich have reportedly submitted a €80m bid for Leroy Sane... If the move falls through, Onyekuru deal mayn't materialize...

- Sheyi Ojo has signed a 5 year contract extension with Liverpool... to be loaned out soon .rangers likely to be the next destination

- Should Shaqiri leave Liverpool this summer, Chukwueze has been penciled down as the number replacement....

Liverpool is a world class club looking for proven tested and consistent established world class players to take them to the next level.

Without prejudice Chukwueze does not fit the bill so I doubt your assertion. Unless he wants to grow stale in the Liverpool U23's.

Harry Wilson, Ryan Kent and Seyi Ojo cannot get into the team and you think Chukwueze will?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2019
fabyom:

Waoo!
However,
Oga icon4, are you saying those 2 guys are actually 19,18?
No sentiment!

I wonder oh !!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2019
komekn:

Liverpool is a world class club looking for proven tested and consistent established world class players to take them to the next level.

Without prejudice Chukwueze does not fit the bill so I doubt your assertion. Unless he wants to grow stale in the Liverpool U23's.

Harry Wilson, Ryan Kent and Seyi Ojo cannot get into the team and you think Chukwueze will?

But why will you compare Chukwueze with Seyi Ojo?. I will blame that on a total disrespect or ignorance on your part.

Meanwhile, the news of Liverpool considering Chukwueze is all over the place. Whether he can command a starting shirt is something I am not sure of though.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:49am On May 26, 2019
komekn:

Who is Seyi Ojo? Who is Harry Wilson? Who is Ryan Kent? What clubs have they played against? How did they stand out against them?

Once you hear a Nigerian player's name, you will want to compare him with every flash in the pan player born in Britain.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:00am On May 26, 2019
This France U20 can beat some senior teams

Chai see balling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:06am On May 26, 2019
Icon4s:

U prophecy doom for Nigeria and u believe it will not affect your life?

I'll not be in it by then smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 9:20am On May 26, 2019
komekn:

While I think Samu is better than those 3, he probably will not get to play and his career might just fizzle out. Shaqiri did not even get enough playing time so I really doubt Samu will. Before people go emotional on the issue, let us all remember that Liverpool has a fixed starting eleven and Samu can not displace anyone there. So where can he go to get playing time? We all saw what happened to Nacho immediately he stopped getting playing time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:26am On May 26, 2019
Nigeria, as things stand, is on her way to a deep grave.

Lol!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:02am On May 26, 2019
komekn:

good morning first of bro why do you like pouring cold water on positive news of Nigerian players you don't fancy?

I mean it's ok to say you feel Samuel would not get into the first team of Liverpool if he moves there but playing down his talents by comparing him to this other guys you mentioned is unfair to the young man.

Samuel has performed creditably well in his first season playing in the best League in the world what have the other guys even done that you are mentioning their names? For Samuel to have gotten the attention of a top club like Liverpool at his age is something to gain encouragement from not begin to wax lyrical on whether or not he's good enough I will prefer time to be the judge

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2019
How good is rumoured Liverpool target Samuel Chukwueze? This is what Football Manager says

Liverpool have been linked with the Villarreal winger in recent days.
BY NATHAN BLISS
17:11, 23 MAY 2019UPDATED17:12, 23 MAY 2019

Liverpool may have the small matter of a Champions League final against Tottenham on the horizon, but that hasn't stopped rumours circling about possible summer transfer targets.

The latest player to be linked with the Reds is Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze , who has put in some exciting displays for La Liga side this season.

The Nigerian has scored five goals and two goals in 19 La Liga appearances this season, in what has been a struggling Villarreal team, so those numbers are better than they seem.

So, how good is Chukwueze?

And, how much potential does he have?

We asked Football Manager's highly respected database to find out.

Samuel Chukwueze - Villarreal

Current Ability: 120/200

Potential Ability: -85 (170/200)

Positions: MR/AMR/AML/ML/CAM/ST

Top Attributes (out of 20): Dribbling (17), technique (16), flair (16), determination (16), pace (15), acceleration (14).

The 20-year-old's best position is on the right side of the pitch, where he can cut inside with his stronger left foot, according to Football Manager 2019.

However, he can also play on the left side, as a number 10 or even as a central striker.

Chukwueze's is a lively wide player with great dribbling, speed and flair, but his low finishing (11) and passing (11) attributes mean that he still has a lot to work on in terms of end product.

The winger has a current ability of 120/200 on Football Manager 2019. To put that into context, that means he is rated lower than Reds youngster Ben Woodburn (126) on FM right now.

However, he has been given a potential ability rating of -85, which means he could potentially reach a current ability level of 170/200. This would make him almost as good as the likes of Sadio Mane (173) and Roberto Firmino (172).

Football Manager 2019 says that Chukwueze is a brilliant long-term prospect, who has the potential to be a star player for Liverpool in the future, should they decide to sign him.

Source : liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/samuel-chukwueze-liverpool-transfer-news-

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2019
komekn:

Look at the players he's mentioning sef.☹️☹️.
When was any of this player on Samuel Chukwueze's level

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:53am On May 26, 2019
komekn:

In case you haven't noticed, Samu Chukwueze is one of the biggest prospects in La liga. There is reported interest from the likes of Barca, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

It is ridiculous for you to compare him to the likes of Harry Wilson, Sheyi Ojo and Ryan Kent..Who are those?

Even your initial statement does not stand up to scrutiny, How many players in Liverpool were world class when they were purchased??

Was Wijnaldum world class when he was purchased?
Was Mane world class when he was purchased??
Was Trent Alexander world class when he won a shirt?
Was Firmino world class when he was bought??

Chukwueze at this moment is considered a great prospect, potentially world class with the right guidance, that is why these big teams are chasing him.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2019
tbaba1234:

There are journalists who can expose most of the cheats.

Nigerian origin media is a joke.

The media can bring down governments but not ours apart from the fact that most Nigerian media outlets are either controlled or owned by corrupt politicians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2019
Earthquake3:

And you that have family members abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2019
Earthquake3:

Haha, I know that's ur next line of thought. But then you will still have parents and other family members left behind in the country. My brother what affects them will also affect you if you like relocate to the Sun grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:03pm On May 26, 2019
komekn:

Wrong.

Chukwueze will learn and thrive under klopp

(1) (2) (3) ... (6011) (6012) (6013) (6014) (6015) (6016) (6017) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lawag3, damirosky60, Oasis007(m), elyte89 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.