Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705092 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6034) (6035) (6036) (6037) (6038) (6039) (6040) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:52am On May 29, 2019
Ok noted grin
Humility017:

we won't get flogged.
I think we will see a complete different team in the next round...
they may even win the tournament.
I believe this team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 3:57am On May 29, 2019
Its annoying to see that our rant here amounts to nothing, yet we go on and on and on arguing daily about everything bad concerning our football.

I think is better we find a way of getting our thoughts and discussion over to the NFF somehow. Its either we further our discussion on the NFF Twitter page or do something else.

We screamed to high heavens during the AYC about these Grandpas yet Mr Paul flew them over to Poland.

We have been screaming loud here and tracking most of our Foreign boys here yet they keep getting ignored while their resident countries snap them up.

We on this thread have to do something, anything somehow. Our suggestions, our cry, our comments must be heard. If the lazy NFF have to follow this thread as scouting ground for our boys overseas, I don't care.

Cc tbaba, icons, christkels, thegoodjoe, andrew44, junnyjake, forgiveness, komekn, Bascovanveli, Humility, etc you guys have to spearhead this one way or another

I am tired of empty ramblings without end product angry angry

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:08am On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:
Noah Arinze invited for Switzerland.. Another great talent lost.

He is under 20.
We might regret this BIG time in the future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:37am On May 29, 2019
realpoacher:
Its annoying to see that our rant here amounts to nothing, yet we go on and on and on arguing daily about everything bad concerning our football.

I think is better we find a way of getting our thoughts and discussion over to the NFF somehow. Its either we further our discussion on the NFF Twitter page or do something else.

We screamed to high heavens during the AYC about these Grandpas yet Mr Paul flew them over to Poland.

We have been screaming loud here and tracking most of our Foreign boys here yet they keep getting ignored while their resident countries snap them up.

We on this thread have to do something, anything somehow. Our suggestions, our cry, our comments must be heard. If the lazy NFF have to follow this thread as scouting ground for our boys overseas, I don't care.

Cc tbaba, icons, christkels, thegoodjoe, andrew44, junnyjake, forgiveness, komekn, Bascovanveli, Humility, etc you guys have to spearhead this one way or another

If that u20 performance against the U.S is indicative of the future of Nigerian football, we're in fresh peppper soup.
I was a toddler back then, but when I watch old videos of how the 1994-2002 generation of Super Eagles played football, its clear that there's an "X-Factor" that's missing in today's era.
How did we go from Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, Finidi George, Amokachi, Yekini etc... to searching for players in lowgrade leagues (Im not talking about all of the players) and losing to the U.S in u20 football. There's something in the equation that we're missing. I could be that Nigeria's dysfunction has erroded our sport's if we want to go on a deeper level, but honestly speaking I don't know. Hopefully we turn a new leaf at Afcon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:20am On May 29, 2019
edi287:

We might regret this BIG time in the future.

This under 20 world cup was the best time to woo him. Wasted..

Nigeria is simply not proactive in things like this and our league is nothing to write home about at the moment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:10am On May 29, 2019
How do Switzerland keep stealing our players with ease??.. WTF is wrong with NFF. That Akanji guy pains me the most.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 6:25am On May 29, 2019
Odunayaw:
I'd like to see Rangers, Enyimba & Akwa Utd (CAfCC) sweep all 3 spots.

I want to see the Brazilian (Akwa Utd) coach & Mfon Udoh on the bigger stage.

I have to admit, I'd like that too. At least for Enyimba and Rangers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:04am On May 29, 2019
Are y'all certain the Noah Okafor guy wasn't contacted? Was if he declined?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:08am On May 29, 2019
realpoacher:
Mali have qualified as a third best

SA seems to be on an early flight home

Mali qualify as third best? A team that is sitting pretty at 2nd place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2019
iSlayer:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:34am On May 29, 2019
iSlayer:

Noah Arinzechukwu Okafor when quizzed about the posibility of being an Eagle;

"The idea of playing for Nigeria is one I dream about daily. I follow the national team of Nigeria very well and a call up to any of the teams will be a dream come true for me and my family as well. Hopefully, some day my hard work would pay off"

To think that such player was overlooked for those brick layers we took to the world cup as wingers makes me wanna root out my Beretta against Aigbogun's jugulars angry

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2019
There was a time when Basco complained about the leadership of Amaju Pinnick.

Now that has come back again to my mind. Look at the state of our U20 and women's team, when was the last time our U17 qualified for the WC? Forget the camping and the money put into place, I'd say nepotism and favoritism has eaten deep into the system since he came in.

I mean a case study is this U20. For all the complains about Sia1 using his 'boys', his boys never disappointed and his teams have always produced at least three players for the SE, Taiwo, Mikel, the RB that died in an accident, Ambrose(or was he 2007 U20?), I can go on about other players who had succesful stints for the SE. Even Obuh's team produced players as well but look at this team, a total disgrace, tactically and otherwise. We need to question Amaju's presidency or at least question the members of the technical team of the NFF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:03am On May 29, 2019
comodo:
Can't this argument & counter argument wait till Chucks joins Liverpool. Its becoming boring already.

Very boring.

Dude is not even going to this Liverpool, people are just arguing for the sake of.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2019
is it NFF that tell Aigbogun to select old cows ? what's wrong with the women team? NFF gave them the best preparation ever ...
Mickael2:

Now that has come back again to my mind. Look at the state of our U20 and women's team, when was the last time our U17 qualified for the WC? Forget the camping and the money put into place, I'd say nepotism and favoritism has eaten deep into the system since he came in.

I mean a case study is this U20. For all the complains about Sia1 using his 'boys', his boys never disappointed and his teams have always produced at least three players for the SE, Taiwo, Mikel, the RB that died in an accident, Ambrose(or was he 2007 U20?), I can go on about other players who had succesful stints for the SE. Even Obuh's team produced players as well but look at this team, a total disgrace, tactically and otherwise. We need to question Amaju's presidency or at least question the members of the technical team of the NFF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:10am On May 29, 2019
Mickael2:

This year

My own issue here, is that NFF claimed to bw building from U13 and an U15 set about three years ago. What happened to that U15 set? What did they do with the players? The U17 set that failed to qualify for the last U17 World Cup, what did they do with the players?

There is no continuity. They just disband and discard of teams every time and rebuild with whoever they please. Nobody does any proper scouting for players, they are scouting for money. So mamy greedy, selfish people only interested in satisfying the here and now. They care not for legacy, or a good name, or the future.

This is an inherent issue in Nigeria, too many greedy people, uninterested in posterity. That is why nothing is functioning

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:16am On May 29, 2019
ChrisKels:

"The idea of playing for Nigeria is one I dream about daily. I follow the national team of Nigeria very well and a call up to any of the teams will be a dream come true for me and my family as well. Hopefully, some day my hard work would pay off"

To think that such player was overlooked for those brick layers we took to the world cup as wingers makes me wanna root out my Beretta against Aigbogun's jugulars angry

Wow!

That'll be a painful loss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 10:17am On May 29, 2019
Nine-time African champions grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:20am On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Olulong post=78818677][/quote]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9505791_screenshot20190529091140_png37cb6884c84ede2a2702165ccf620650

So, he's not in the squad yet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:29am On May 29, 2019
Olulong:

He wasn't in thier squad for the nation's league finals which was released on Monday
https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org.0.freebasics.com/wiki/2019_UEFA_Nations_League_Finals_squads?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfqpB2FMsGuV0qkl

So people can calm down a bit. He's not joined up with the Switzerland squad just yet. Although, the Federation may yet slack off on getting him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2019
ChrisKels:

but I read somewhere that they were considering him for under 23
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:37am On May 29, 2019
Switzerland just dey collect players from one country to the other...if a country is not fast...she will just move in fast...look at their line up for the national team...africans,brazilians,eastern europians etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:44am On May 29, 2019
gamaliel9:
Switzerland just dey collect players from one country to the other...if a country is not fast...she will just move in fast...look at their line up for the national team...africans,brazilians,eastern europians etc

The Unity and Progress in Diversity, obtainable in Switzerland in laudable and worthy of emulation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:58am On May 29, 2019
Olulong:

but I read somewhere that they were considering him for under 23
Where?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2019
comodo:

Really!!! So why d he will be a bench warmer this & he will rot in U23 that. A yam nut understanding.

It's good you said you are not understanding

He won't be in u23 ,who takes komekn serious this days ?

Assuming if he joins Liverpool ,is he going to start ?

Please answer that question

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2019
realpoacher:

Nice suggestion from you

But how can we go about this ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

This under 20 world cup was the best time to woo him. Wasted..

Nigeria is simply not proactive in things like this and our league is nothing to write home about at the moment.

What does the league have to do with this na? The fact is that players rather hide in academies than join the league because of this same poor attitude that Nigerians have towards the ones playing. Treat this guys well and I guarantee that more kids will want to play in the NPFL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:37am On May 29, 2019
gamaliel9:

Switzerland na country with different people ,they speak different language there ,French and co ,they are just like Canada

Naija dey dull sha as we allow them dey collect our player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:48am On May 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

What does the league have to do with this na? The fact is that players rather hide in academies than join the league because of this same poor attitude that Nigerians have towards the ones playing. Treat this guys well and I guarantee that more kids will want to play in the NPFL.

Why do clubs not have their own academies?

If the NPFL is churning out genuine quality kids, it will help the youth teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:07pm On May 29, 2019
te author=realpoacher post=78812793]Its annoying to see that our rant here amounts to nothing, yet we go on and on and on arguing daily about everything bad concerning our football.

I am tired of empty ramblings without end product angry angry[/quote]
Bros, posts and activities from this forum go farther than where you think.

Just take that from me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 12:08pm On May 29, 2019
�SUPER EAGLES PLAYER� TO WATCH OUT FOR THIS AFCON ⚽� 2019

�� Paul Onuachu for midtlylland this season
�36 Games
⚽ 21 Goals
� 6 Assits
No super eagles has scored more goals than the 24 years old this season
� Won Danish Cup trophy this season

�� Alex Iwobi
Interesting to know that no Arsenal player created more big chances in #EPL this season than Alex Iwobi
� 35 games
⚽ 5 goals
� 6 assist
40 key passes
46 successful dribbles
57 Crosses
10 big chances created
78% pass accuracy
28 long balls

��Semi Ajayi for Rotherham
Naturally CB turned a DM
� 46 games
⚽ 7 goals
� 1 assist
93 tackles
52 interceptions
157 Clearances
320 Aerials Won
68 Blocks
14 Key passes
� Won Rotherham united fc poty
� Won player of the month

��Wilfred Ndidi
�He is the best DM in the EPL this season
� 38 games
⚽ 2 goals
144 tackles
83 Interceptions
324 Recoveries
80 Clearances
90 Acc. Long ball
131 Aerial Won
329 Duels won

�� John Ogu (DM) for hapoel Be'er Shera in 5 years
� 214 games
⚽ 17 goals
� 10 assists
� 3x Israeli premier league
� 1 Israeli supper Cup
� 1 toto Cup

�� Samuel Chukwueze
� 26 games
⚽ 5 goals
� 2 assists
22 key passes
52 Success Dribbles
73 % pass Accuracy

�� Peter Etebo for stoke city
� 34 games
⚽ 2 goals
� 1 assist
58 tackles
37 Interceptions
180 Duels Won
29 key passes
86 % pass Accuracy
45 Dribbles won
� Won stoke city player of the season

�� Kenneth Omeruo
28 games
9 clean sheets
127 Recoveries
36 Interceptions
9 clean sheets
52 tackles
80% pass Accuracy
66 Duels Won
156 clearances

�� Victor Osimhen for RSC Charleroi
� 36 games
⚽ 20 goals
� 4 assists
� Won RSC Charleroi player of the season
� Victor Osimhen scored the fastest goal in Belgian club football history ( 9 seconds )

�� Jamilu Collins for Paderborn 07
� 38 games .
he played all games for his side , that gains promotion to the German top division

�� Ahmed Musa for Alnassr
� 32 games
⚽ 12 Goals
� Won Saudi Super league

�� Henry Onyekuru for Galetasaray
Henry Onyekuru had a beautiful season at Galetasaray .
� 43 games
⚽ 16 goals
� 6 assists

� Galetasaray top scorer
� Won Turkish Cup
� Super lig title

SUPER EAGLES PLAYERS ARE READY TO SHOW DEM ��

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:11pm On May 29, 2019
Icon4s:

te author=realpoacher post=78812793]Its annoying to see that our rant here amounts to nothing, yet we go on and on and on arguing daily about everything bad concerning our football.

Bros, posts and activities from this forum go farther than where you think.

Just take that from me.
Can we not be posting on nff twitter page? Will it be deleted?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6034) (6035) (6036) (6037) (6038) (6039) (6040) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, sureleads, Neobulletzz(m), shawwal1(m), comodo and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.