Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11600214 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6058) (6059) (6060) (6061) (6062) (6063) (6064) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
Dannyxy:
oga don't watch now, nobody dey stop you now, don't watch afcon, don't watch the falcons, don't watch any of our teams, that one na your decision... Allow people that want to call a spade a tractor to call it in peace, allow people that want to be optimistic be optimistic in peace...

You say Ivory Coast is better, Senegal is better, na your opinion, allow people that want call super eagles the best team in the world, to call them, e no concern anybody...

All this yen yen yen, ranting for this thread don too much abeg... Check the name of the thread "super eagles thread ", not "nuetral, fans thread ".. Sentiments and patriotism" is the basis for this thread abeg...

No pun

grin cheesy is all I have for you. As long as humanity thrives, there will always be people like us to modulate our blind patriotism and ensure the zeitgeist of sports do not override common sense. Besides, I can choose to watch and not watch any team and your online whining cannot change anything. Hope you get my drift??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
KevinDein:

Fuckkking well said.

What a fucckinng whiner that darkelf is. Constantly moans about everything. Moans about overage when the flying eagles win and moans about lack of quality when they lose. Literally no winning with him.

Dude must be fun at parties...not.

What a fucckking blind patriot you are. I will not sit back and let someone accelerate into danger when it affects me.

tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
Say the truth when they eventually lose out, not when they are progressing with course of d tournament... For God sake we beat Qatar 4-0,while USA and Ukraine jus managed a peanut 1-0 against dem.. because of d way ppl talk on dis thread i made sure i missed d qatar and USA game, but i decided to watch d ukraine game and i was shocked if this was d team dat defeated USA 2-1.. afta der 1-0 9ja played dem half fied till final whistle, if not for poor strickers/positioning we wld av beaten ukrains like werey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
All of u saying "aigbogun is bad(agreed), our boys are u40(agreed) But im very sure half of dis guys wil play football for at least 8/10yrs im very sure of dat... dats approximately 2WC tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
Earthquake2:
Because we are Nigeria football fans we should not say the truth

We should hide our heads in the sand and upvote every nonsense they play

Nonsense

No one is saying you should not say the truth or voice your opinion. The constant pessimism by some folks on here is a turn off. I have seen fans of other countries travel miles to support their National teams even when their teams are crap and stand no chance .Those are real fans bro.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
Truidstar:

No one is saying you should not say the truth or voice your opinion. The constant pessimism by some folks on here is a turn off. I have seen fans of other countries travel miles to support their National teams even when their teams are crap and stand no chance .Those are real fans bro.

This crap team calls for pessimism, first they're way older than 20,second they don't have a tactical plan despite months of training and the coach does not even select the best eleven due to bribery or crass incompetence

There's nothing to celebrate in this team and anybody who voices his displeasure is damn right, because they stumbled to qualify against Ukrainian children does not change the fact

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

This crap team calls for pessimism, first they're way older than 20,second they don't have a tactical plan despite months of training and the coach does not even select the best eleven due to bribery or crass incompetence

There's nothing to celebrate in this team and anybody who voices his displeasure is damn right, because they stumbled to qualify against Ukrainian children does not change the fact

Am not talking about the U20 alone, all our teams, male and female and at every age level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Truidstar:

Am not talking about the U20 alone, all our teams, male and female and at every age level.

I'll happily pay to go and watch SE but not this team

And to think that NFF was ready to cater for 40 boys in camp and he came up with this team

And to think that Nafizi was dropped for somebody like Tijani
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So young that he failed MRI?

He passed MRI for the WAFU tournament. He is young.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
Arsenal fans just voted who they want to be sold.

Seems iwobi is not that hated like we thought.

Source : https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11095/11732126/vote-results-mesut-ozil-among-11-arsenal-players-who-should-be-sold

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
tbaba1234:

He passed MRI for the WAFU tournament. He is young.

Did he pass for CAF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
sontoly:
Arsenal fans just voted who they want to be sold.

Seems iwobi is not that hated like we thought.

Who wants to sell Monreal, Koschielny and Xhaka?

They are voting based on Ueropa league final sentiments

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
elyte89:

Den it shows dey re not average if seria A players re not making deir team,it shows d team is strong

I doubt we can afford to leave players plying in serie A,week in week out smiley
I am laughing in 3D.
Those guys are playing in the French league because the French practice assimilation not because they sabii.
Do you believe that some North African clubs pay more than this average french teams that pay peanuts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
andrew444:

Oga na ivory coast chris dey talk about mostly, there is no much senegal players in seria A

Go and check ivory squad and tell me the team is so average also

This senegal list i am seeing, their players play in better and bigger club than eagles player.

But we go still beat them if we meet
Ivory coast, I doubt. Bench warmers in Manu and Tottenham.
When Awaziem was in Rennes he was one of the best defenders in the French league yet he is not even sure if he will make our AFCON team.
Most of these french teams pay peanuts that's why most of players prefer turkey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Who wants to sell Monreal, Koschielny and Xhaka?

They are voting based on Ueropa league final sentiments

What other reason do you want them to vote, that was last chance they have to get something this season and they blew it. You can't blame the fans na.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Marjoribanks:

Ivory coast, I doubt. Bench warmers in Manu and Tottenham.
When Awaziem was in Rennes he was one of the best defenders in the French league yet he is not even sure if he will make our AFCON team.
Most of these french teams pay peanuts that's why most of players prefer turkey.

So bailly is their only player ? Lol ,you are 2 funny ,I don't want to spoil this thread sha

Super eagles that a Brighton bench warmer is their starter

If super super eagles get player for Cardiff wey start 28 Epl games and score 4 goals from center defence nothing will stop such playing from making afcon squad which is sol bamba

If super eagles get bench warmer for Man U ,na automatic shirt

Awaziem didn't play for Rennes ,and awaziem was not even considered top 10 centre back in the French league so what are you saying ? If he is not top 10 in the French league then how is he among the best ? Just as I said you are very funny

If we get player like Nicolas Pepe for eagles people like you go don compare am to Cr7 ,just as someone compared nacho to mbappe ,even chuks some say e go start for Liverpool then come imagine say Ivorian Nicolas Pepe na our player

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
Marjoribanks:

I am laughing in 3D.
Those guys are playing in the French league because the French practice assimilation not because they sabii.
Do you believe that some North African clubs pay more than this average french teams that pay peanuts.

They are talking about football you are talking about money trying to cover up

The truth is bitter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
Senegal is a better team. But this game would prove tricky for obvious reasons. Good draw for us.

Icon4s:
Full second round fixtures:
Italy vs Poland
Colombia vs New Zealand
Uruguay vs Ecuador
Ukraine vs Panama
Senegal vs Nigeria
Japan vs S/Korea
France vs USA
Argentina vs Mali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
andrew444:

So bailly is their only player ? Lol ,you are 2 funny ,I don't want to spoil this thread sha

Super eagles that a Brighton bench warmer is their starter

If super super eagles get player for Cardiff wey start 28 Epl games and score 4 goals from center defence nothing will stop such playing from making afcon squad which is sol bamba

If super eagles get bench warmer for Man U ,na automatic shirt

Awaziem didn't play for Rennes ,and awaziem was not even considered top 10 centre back in the French league so what are you saying ? If he is not top 10 in the French league then how is he among the best ? Just as I said you are very funny

If we get player like Nicolas Pepe for eagles people like you go don compare am to Cr7 ,just as someone compared nacho to mbappe ,even chuks some say e go start for Liverpool then come imagine say Ivorian Nicolas Pepe na our player
If Balogun is in Cardiff he will start ahead of Bamba.
Also, I doubt if Bamba will start in that Leganes team.
Nicholas Pepe is good no doubt but he is not better than Chukweze/Onyekuru!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
Joebie:
Senegal is a better team. But this game would prove tricky for obvious reasons. Good draw for us.

At this tournament, our team is the worst team in this round of 16.
A team without a goal keeper, a striker and an attacking midfielder is that one a team.
Abeg safe yourself the stress. Senegal will beat them blue and black.
How can you drop Nafiz for that idiotic striker.
Okon too. No brain he just dey run around the pitch cannot make simple pass.
Why can't this silly coach start Bashir with Oforboh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
elyte89:

Den it shows dey re not average if seria A players re not making deir team,it shows d team is strong

I doubt we can afford to leave players plying in serie A,week in week out smiley

U are a very wicked somebody walahi grin

Well, I never talked about Senegal players playing in the Serie A, rather, I talked about Ivorians like Boga, meite, fofana et al, guess what, none of them was considered good enough for this Afcon by ivory coast grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
Sharing my views

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Marjoribanks:

If Balogun is in Cardiff he will start ahead of Bamba.
Also, I doubt if Bamba will start in that Leganes team.
Nicholas Pepe is good no doubt but he is not better than Chukweze/Onyekuru!

I have no words for you than the pic below

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
I always support my boys in green but I think it's time to say a premature goodbye to Aigbogun and his old papas grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
darkelf:

What a fucckking blind patriot you are. I will not sit back and let someone accelerate into danger when it affects me.

tongue

Bros, Nigeria vs Senegal on June 3rd is set in stone. All we can do is analyze the best tactics and formations to beat Senegal.
I don't believe Senegal think playing us will be an automatic win either.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Bolowolowo:
I always support my boys in green but I think it's time to say a premature goodbye to Aigbogun and his old papas grin grin
you can underrate Nigeria age grade team at your own perile, we always have something to give when you least expected.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
raindodger13:

Bros, Nigeria vs Senegal on June 3rd is set in stone. All we can do is analyze the best tactics and formations to beat Senegal.
I believe Senegal don't think playing us will be an automatic win either.

I know that. You think I don't?

But the fact remains that we've been a very poor team considering our footballing standards. And people here act like we did well because we managed to qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
andrew444:

I have no words for you than the pic below

Very laughable comment.

See the unnecessary hype. That's why many Naija fans get disappointed all the time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
Marjoribanks:

At this tournament, our team is the worst team in this round of 16.
A team without a goal keeper, a striker and an attacking midfielder is that one a team.
Abeg safe yourself the stress. Senegal will beat them blue and black.
How can you drop Nafiz for that idiotic striker.
Okon too. No brain he just dey run around the pitch cannot make simple pass.
Why can't this silly coach start Bashir with Oforboh.

Don't day too much oo. Before they begin to tag you hater and unpatriotic.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
darkelf:

Very laughable comment.

See the unnecessary hype. That's why many Naija fans get disappointed all the time

With all due respect, the day a nigeria forward will play 38 matches in the french league and score 22 goals with 11 assists the internet will break including this thread, ordinary wetin chuks do this season you no see the way we dey behave happily here including me? what about onyekuru? we dey happy like mad

The day a naija player will score 22 goals in the french league we go do BIG PARTY

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
andrew444:

With all due respect, the day a nigeria forward will play 38 matches in the french league and score 22 goals with 11 assists the internet will break including this thread, ordinary wetin chuks do this season you no see the way we dey behave happily here including me? what about onyekuru? we dey happy like mad

The day a naija player will score 22 goals in the french league we go do BIG PARTY

But Odemwigie scored goals in the EPL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6058) (6059) (6060) (6061) (6062) (6063) (6064) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), chrisooblog, Pidginwhisper and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.