Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670634 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6218) (6219) (6220) (6221) (6222) (6223) (6224) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
andrew444:
What's Tammy Abraham doing in England u21 bench ?

He's now a quality inspector. Helping to assess the quality of the chairs or seats or bench. Can they withstand heavy weight for over 2 hours without the person standing up grin

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Icon4s:
Italy vs Brazil always a classic at any level of the game.

Italy vs Brazil 1982 WC semi final always comes to mind.

As it concerns our dear girlfriends, the falcons, I never had any expectations on this group as regards 3rd place finish. Me Don know say they will produce 3 teams for 2nd round. Waiting for tomorrow and ultimately Thursday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
andrew444:
What's Tammy Abraham doing in England u21 bench ?

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
barackodam:
Looking at our warm up matches, looking at Burundis matches.

Mehn, I'm not being pessimistic here, but I don't see us winning the match, if we do, probably just one single moment of brilliance.

Our warm up matches aren't anything to go by, and Rohr, (I don't have evidence to back this up), isn't usually a good starter.

Burundi are hard to break. While we, we find it hard to score.....
abegi, una talk pass this for world cup qualifier

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bolowolowo:
There are reports that ten players have fallen ill but the SE twitter feed shows the players having their first training session. Where are these media outlets getting these reports from?
I think it's true, but they are fine now. that's why Balogun and Musa missed the Senegal game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Leave Chris, I go soon come there one day come give am heavy konk. grin
u can take the captain with you sir...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
mostob:
America is different from Europe bro. The fact that they win Euro and UNL no mean say dem go win Copa America

You don't have an argument. Portugal win compete and compete well. They may even outlast Argentina in the tournament and you know how huge that would be for you know who.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

U mean DoMessi SolankeMbappe? The youth soccer legend? grin the hybrid of Drogba, Suarez and Aguero, that couldn't bench unfit Sturridge? grin

Lol wetin him do? Him miss goal for this ongoing Euro youth(U21) tourney? grin
Solanke the great grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Icon79:
LOL. Let them try it. Let's see how Portugal fares against the likes of Columbia, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Venezuela. And I don't even wanna mention the likes of Brazil or Argentina sef. Bottom line, Portugal won't make it out of their group grin

O pari

Expected response.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Leave Chris, I go soon come there one day come give am heavy konk. grin

Hahahahaha abeg oo, no go kee me bkus of my mouth grin

Na only talk I talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Humility017:

tell me something else messi fanboy
why didn't the aforementioned teams win make the semi finals in the last world cup if there are so good?

same teams who made the last world cup semi finals Portugal edged to win the Europe league cup....

and here you're saying Portugal won't scale through in that dark America continent.

pls tell me something else....
France will beat all those teams likewise Netherlands and Germany.

Loud it.

Chile did not even make it to the last world cup. In the group stage Portugal will meet the likes of Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay or Venezuela and maybe one big team. Why won't they make it out?

To be a fan doesn't equate being a clown.

If you're talking of France @Humility that would be overkill.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Humility017:

you always have fears
you guys should relax we are winning that match 2 nil

Oga humility, I no get power for argument again.

I hope we get a win in our first match. At least, for motivation and confidence to face our other group matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lesson for Falcons; loosing your first match may come back to hunt you later.

If they had produced last Night's display against Norway, it would have been a different result.

Now, we are calculating.. embarassed

It is well

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
jstbeinhonest:

The last time Portugal faced SouthAmerican teams, they lost the Confenderations final to Chile and got knocked out of the world cup by Uruguay... my guy lets concentrate on Nigerian football abeg.

Losing to Chile on Penalties in the Confederations cup, so they'll not make it out of a silly group in Copa America? Well done o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
darkelf:

Oga humility, I no get power for argument again.

I hope we get a win in our first match. At least, for motivation and confidence to face our other group matches.

Let me tell you the plain and simple truth Darkelf. Don't be offended.

You whine too much and you're too pessimistic on the chances of the team. Proceeding with caution as per expectations from the team is okay afterall they're not blowing every one away but yours is not so. You're way too pessimistic. Too pessimistic to be a fan.

Based on your comments you should hide your face if they make it out of the group stage.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
iSlayer:

Loud it.

Chile did not even make it to the last world cup. In the group stage Portugal will meet the likes of Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay or Venezuela and maybe one big team. Why won't they make it out?

To be a fan doesn't equate being a clown.

If you're talking of France @Humility that would be overkill.

don't mind them...
anyone who watch football knows that Portugal is one of the most organized team in Europe.... they don't really have many star names like Germany and France etc...

but the organization and team work in the team is top notch....

they think football is mathematics.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
jstbeinhonest:

The last time Portugal faced SouthAmerican teams, they lost the Confenderations final to Chile and got knocked out of the world cup by Uruguay... my guy lets concentrate on Nigerian football abeg.

and so....football is not mathematics.
since 2006 European nations have been winning the world cup...
where is the south America teams?
and in same Europe Portugal have won two recent trophy and because you guys all are messi fans you wanna write off Portugal achievements.....

Portugal is the most organised European team presently and their team work is top notch
for them to have won a cup where the likes of France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Belgium participates in shows their quality.
this named teams will beat those south America teams you mentioned

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
iSlayer:

Let me tell you the plain and simple truth Darkelf. Don't be offended.

You whine too much and you're too pessimistic on the chances of the team. Proceeding with caution as per expectations from the team is okay afterall they're not blowing every one away but yours is not so. You're way too pessimistic. Too pessimistic to be a fan.

Based on your comments you should hide your face if they make it out of the group stage.

Normally, I would just ignore your comment but since you haven't quoted me before in such a manner, I want to make somethings clear to you.

1 Not everybody is a blind optimist. Fan or not, I see something wrong, I say it without fear or favor. I am not here to please anybody.
2 Playing down our chances does not mean i am not an ardent fan. For the sake of time and space and because I owe no human (either living or dead) any explanation, I wouldn't want to go into some funny and unthinkable things I have done to support the SE right from my childhood days
3 Being optimistic/pessimistic does not in anyway affect the results on the field of play. If you like, downplay Messi's chance of scoring a goal in a match, he will still score. If you like, argue in support of Enyimba against Liverpool in a simulated Club World Cup tie, chances are that Enyimba will get beaten mercilessly like a child caught stealing. This brings me to my next point.
4 What we are doing here is sharing our opinions. Everyone has a right to it. Name-calling and tags such as hater, tribalist, and telling another person to hide his/her face is downright Childish. As I said earlier, I would have ignored you because of this.
5 It will behoove you to know that despite my pessimistic stand, I really hope we shine at the AFCON. I would be a sadist to hope we fail so that I can gloat and say "I told you so".
6 I once kicked against Mikel's inclusion because I felt the over-dependence on one man may hurt us. Yet, my opinion was met with the expected; ranging from name-calling and unnecessary bile to immature displays of childishness by many members of this thread. However, I was impressed with his performance against Zimbabwe and he is gradually winning me over.
7 If we succeed, I will celebrate to my hearts content and no petty threat(s) will stop me from airing my opinions here going forward.
8 Many so-called optimists here are pretenders and will display their true colors when their favorite player is excluded. We all know of a certain moniker and his breakdown upon Nacho's exclusion. I bet you that if Rohr had dropped Balogun or Ighalo or Mikel, we would see similar mental breakdowns from other closet SE fans.

All in all, good luck to the SE. May be best team win

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
darkelf:

Normally, I would just ignore your comment but since you haven't quoted me before in such a manner, I want to make somethings clear to you.

1 Not everybody is a blind optimist. Fan or not, I see something wrong, I say it without fear or favor. I am not here to please anybody.
2 Playing down our chances does not mean i am not an ardent fan. For the sake of time and space and because I owe no human (either living or dead) any explanation, I wouldn't want to go into some funny and unthinkable things I have done to support the SE right from my childhood days
3 Being optimistic/pessimistic does not in anyway affect the results on the field of play. If you like, downplay Messi's chance of scoring a goal in a match, he will still score. If you like, argue in support of Enyimba against Liverpool in a simulated Club World Cup tie, chances are that Enyimba will get beaten mercilessly like a child caught stealing. This brings me to my next point.
4 What we are doing here is sharing our opinions. Everyone has a right to it. Name-calling and tags such as hater, tribalist, and telling another person to hide his/her face is downright Childish. As I said earlier, I would have ignored you because of this.
5 It will behoove you to know that despite my pessimistic stand, I really hope we shine at the AFCON. I would be a sadist to hope we fail so that I can gloat and say "I told you so".
6 I once kicked against Mikel's inclusion because I felt the over-dependence on one man may hurt us. Yet, my opinion was met with the expected; ranging from name-calling and unnecessary bile to immature displays of childishness by many members of this thread. However, I was impressed with his performance against Zimbabwe and he is gradually winning me over.
7 If we succeed, I will celebrate to my hearts content and no petty threat(s) will stop me from airing my opinions here going forward.
8 Many so-called optimists here are pretenders and will display their true colors when their favorite player is excluded. We all know of a certain moniker and his breakdown upon Nacho's exclusion. I bet you that if Rohr had dropped Balogun or Ighalo or Mikel, we would see similar mental breakdowns from other closet SE fans.

All in all, good luck to the SE. May be best team win

You should try not to talk about anyone being childish.
As for you truly hoping the boys do well, your stance so far does not say so, not. Your stance says that you're waiting for the team to fail so you can gloat. You keep making comments on "how you said so and so during the pre worldcup". It's all good though. Just wanted to pass an assessment across. No hard feelings.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
na our Jersey be this so...Lolz.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:02am On Jun 19, 2019
Egunje
tbaba1234:

It is ridiculous that Solanke starts ahead of Tammy and calvert-lewin in the under 21. He barely played all season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:24am On Jun 19, 2019
Humility017:

and so....football is not mathematics.
since 2006 European nations have been winning the world cup...
where is the south America teams?
and in same Europe Portugal have won two recent trophy and because you guys all are messi fans you wanna write off Portugal achievements.....

Portugal is the most organised European team presently and their team work is top notch
for them to have won a cup where the likes of France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Belgium participates in shows their quality.
this named teams will beat those south America teams you mentioned

Football ıs not mathematıcs yet you're claımıng one team would beat another team undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:35am On Jun 19, 2019
iSlayer:

Losing to Chile on Penalties in the Confederations cup, so they'll not make it out of a silly group in Copa America? Well done o.

Is that not the way Argentına has been loosıng ın the last 3 copas? You dıdnt touch on Uruguay. Youre makıng ıt seem lıke sılly teams dont play ın Eorope. I guess qualıfyıng for the world cup would be easıer when youre facıng only Faroe Island, Swıss, Estonıa and Hungary. And nobody ıs talkıng about ıf theyll make ıt out of any group or not, We're talkıng about them beıng favorıtes ın the Copa, Dıd portugal not come thırd ın theır Euro group sef. The dude started wıth the wıld predıctıons so dont tell me football ıs not mathematıcs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 1:14am On Jun 19, 2019
Bolowolowo:
There are reports that ten players have fallen ill but the SE twitter feed shows the players having their first training session. Where are these media outlets getting these reports from?

How can 10 players fall ill at the same time

I trust Balogun, if there's any sickness he'll be the first to catch it grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 19, 2019
Who's watching copa america, Brazil vs Venezuela. 3 goals scored have been disallowed by VAR.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:12am On Jun 19, 2019
Taliban:

He's now a quality inspector. Helping to assess the quality of the chairs or seats or bench. Can they withstand heavy weight for over 2 hours without the person standing up grin

Lol

Funny you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:22am On Jun 19, 2019
mostob:
u can take the captain with you sir...

Let me go deal with him a lone first. And if he messes up again captain will accompany me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:35am On Jun 19, 2019
See what I saw on Twitter

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:44am On Jun 19, 2019
Humility017:

don't mind them...
anyone who watch football knows that Portugal is one of the most organized team in Europe.... they don't really have many star names like Germany and France etc...

but the organization and team work in the team is top notch....

they think football is mathematics.

Yes Portugal is organized ,they have stars recently sha ,better than the players who won the euro 2016

But they should better work on their central defence because you can't keep on playing 35 years old pepe and 35 years old Jose fonte ,their days in the Portugal team should be numbered .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 19, 2019
We will get a clearer (but not yet complete) picture of our chances after the Argentina and Scotland clash today. We must still wait on Chile vs Thailand and Cameroon vs New Zealand to see how our fate pans out.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:26am On Jun 19, 2019
iSlayer:

You don't have an argument. Portugal win compete and compete well. They may even outlast Argentina in the tournament and you know how huge that would be for you know who.

You do understand that in 2016, Portugal actually finished 3rd in their group. Then was it not Wales they faced in the semifinals? Luckily escaping the big teams on their way to the final, in the final I think Griezman missed a penalty or was it a seater and Portugal won in extra time. Take away that best loser spot Portugal would not have qualified at all, then had it been they faced better teams they wouldn't have qualified either, in the Copa America if you rank third you are going home. Then in the UNL they faced Switzerland and Netherlands, no Spain, Germany, France, Beligium even England, I am not sure I get the point behind that UNL honestly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6218) (6219) (6220) (6221) (6222) (6223) (6224) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m), comodo, gamaliel9, Mujtahida, elyte89, Towbaba500(m), DrYa and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.