Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837010 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6308) (6309) (6310) (6311) (6312) (6313) (6314) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
lakesidepapa:

Stop spreading mat on this fake issue, The team is just using it as a mind game against thier oppenent.

Mind game ke?? Una don't start again

Like what happened at the WC when we kept loosing the pre-friendlies abi?

Until I see our performance against Guinea, I will downplay our chances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
owbabs:

This is what undermines us most of the time at tournaments

Please no talk oo.

Before someone begins to question if you are a true supporter of your club or questions your citizenship.

Funny people that will never learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
cc12:
I saw a billboard with Kelechi Nwakali headlining a celebrity event in a nightclub in Owerri, that boy is not just serious with his career, he is just after grooving
abeg season don end, no be everyday Dem go dey train na, boys gats flex baba grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pazienza(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Lol. If you were a real Ghanaian I would've taken time to engage you in a debate to compare Nigerian and Ghanaian football. But since you're just an unemployed Igbo man desperately seeking attention on a faceless forum as a way to assuage his ego long damaged by the harsh economic realities of the land, I'll just pass.

A bit of advice for you Sir, go find yourself some sort of employment. Or look for another place to channel your frustration to please, we are not responsible for your condition.

I can see that you desperately want to be unfortunate in life.
Why must you link him to Igbo? Are you okay at all?

Better mind your lane.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pazienza(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
Starboytwo:
abeg season don end, no be everyday Dem go dey train na, boys gats flex baba grin

He didn't do enough in the season to deserve off season grooving.
He is throwing his career away. Soon Arsenal will dump his lazy ass and he will end up in Turkey second division, since he has refused to embrace hard work.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
pazienza:

I can see that you desperately want to be unfortunate in life.
Why must you link him to Igbo? Are you okay at all?

Better mind your lane.

Nwanne abum nwa afo Igbo. I am a proud Igbo man. Far be it from me to associate Ndigbo as a whole with poverty and frustration. I can never do that.

The guy in question, gustav is an Igbo guy pretending to be a Ghanaian in order to gain attention. He happens a bad liar however, and has often dropped Igbo phrases here inadvertently (forgetting that he was supposed to be a Ghanaian).

I love Ndigbo but we cannot let a few efulefus (social misfits) to continue to drag our name in the mud.

I na aghota?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
pazienza:

He didn't do enough in the season to deserve off season grooving.
He is throwing his career away. Soon Arsenal will dump his lazy ass and he will end up in Turkey second division, since he has refused to embrace hard work.

Kelechi playing for Arsenal? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
darkelf:
Moussa Marega; just physicality and raw power but no brain. Like say na muscle dey play ball. Can't wait for the Malians to be put in their place by a better team.

#Nonsense

I would not show that level of disdain and disrespect to players with such attributes.

We may live to regret it.

Although you may not appreciate him there are EPL clubs looking at him and the price is over £30 million.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Clementoke:

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Super Eagles players boycotted Tuesday’s pre-match conference and could boycott Tuesday evening’s training.

Nigeria’s preparation for Wednesday’s Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) tie with Guinea suffered a setback as a bonus row took centre stage.

The Super Eagles laboured to a hard-fought win over Burundi in their first game and could earn a ticket to the Round of 16 should they triumph over the National Elephants in Alexandria.

However, Gernot Rohr’s men went on to complain about their unpaid bills.

Ahmed Musa failed to show up for Tuesday’s pre-match conference ahead of the Guinea match, but the Al-Nassr player preferred to stay back with his colleagues for a ‘crucial’ player’s meeting at the Helnan Palestine Hotel.

"The player showed solidarity and had to stay back for an important meeting,” said coach Rohr when quizzed by the media.

Unpaid bonuses are not new in Nigerian football. First, it was the Nigeria U20 team who embarked on a sit-in protest and refused to leave Poland after their elimination from the Fifa U20 World Cup in Russia.

Recently, the Nigeria women’s senior national team, which was kicked out of the Women’s World Cup in France, declined to leave their hotel until all outstanding bonuses were paid – a claim the NFF denied, insisting Thomas Dennerby’s ladies were not owed.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/25/afcon-2019-super-eagles-of-nigeria-protest-over-unpaid-bonuses/

How true ? We don't do o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
cc12:
I saw a billboard with Kelechi Nwakali headlining a celebrity event in a nightclub in Owerri, that boy is not just serious with his career, he is just after grooving

So he should not enjoy him self during this holiday which hardly comes by?

I think you are the one not serious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Nwanne abum nwa afo Igbo. I am a proud Igbo man. Far be it from me to associate Ndigbo as a whole with poverty and frustration. I can never do that.

The guy in question, gustav is an Igbo guy pretending to be a Ghanaian in order to gain attention. He happens a bad liar however, and has often dropped Igbo phrases here inadvertently (forgetting that he was supposed to be a Ghanaian).

I love Ndigbo but we cannot let a few efulefus (social misfits) to continue to drag our name in the mud.

I na aghota?

I know that dude is an igbo guy because he normally speaks igbo here

No mind am jare, na troll

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
darkelf:
Moussa Marega; just physicality and raw power but no brain. Like say na muscle dey play ball. Can't wait for the Malians to be put in their place by a better team.

#Nonsense

Moussa Marega is not a bad striker

I am sure if he is a nigerian people like you will prefer him over ighalo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
Danielnino00:

In 2013, the situation wasn't much different. But we still won.

On a more serious note,why are you so hell bent in seeing this team fail... U have nothing but criticism for everything they have done so far!! Can't u show a little optimism and support?

If you aren't a Nigerian, just say it we will understand ..

I find it hard to believe that a Liverpool fan will be this pessimist toward his national team . Unless u started supporting Liverpool in the last 5 years...

No mind that your liverpool broda

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
forgiveness:

I expect us to win the game because I think we are more tactical.

I did watched the Guinea vs Madagascar match the first 15minutes.

I noticed that the Guineans start their build up at the back and are slow at it.

If our forwards can put pressure on them (press), they will not be comfortable.

Keshi used this tactics against the Malians in 2013 and the game ended 4:1 in our favour.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
Clementoke:

Is Kelechi Nwakali no longer an Arsenal player? Try to read comments closely sometimes..You too Nairalandankrah.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pazienza(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
Clementoke:

Kelechi nwakali is an Arsenal player on loan to another club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I na aghota?

I love your reply

Very mature

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
komekn:

I would not show that level of disdain and disrespect to players with such attributes.

We may live to regret it.

Although you may not appreciate him there are EPL clubs looking at him and the price is over £30 million.

Which EPL team?

He couldn't score or assist in two legs against Liverpool. Same as yesterday. Just pace and power with no end product.

Goals win games and if as a striker, you can't score, you should assist and if you can't do either , then you're an impotent striker. I repeat, Moussa is an average striker

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
pazienza:

Kelechi nwakali is an Arsenal player on loan to another club.

Sorry, I forgot that Nwakali is the one being referred to. I thought it is the other Kelechi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
Rohr's toughts On The Guinea Team

Guinea are a very good team who are capable of winning against us. We know that tomorrow’s match will be very hard, but we’ll try our best to win and we can make it. It’s going to be hard, but we can do it.

Completesportsnigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
sheyishemba:

see the person that is talking if you come to Abuja you will see some of your aunty sisters and mothers doing prostitute for living your gals are damn too lazy you dey count your self as country wey them bless ishhh you don suffer and you and your men you don't know more than akpethesie in your life no wonder why bar parlour full everywhere for Ghana money wey you supposed use build better school nah beer parlour you dey spend... I guess you jex finish having akpethesie like a typical Ghana man jobless fellas

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house . Talking about prostitution and it'ss funny to me ,Nigerian girls on the streets of Accra , bjurumbura,Bissau, Cotonou,Oran,Cairo,Setif,Niamey,Bamako,etc contradict your flawed thoughts . All your female students here in East Legon open vagina and anus for peanuts and you have the temerity to talk shit ? Shame on you shameless dwarf of Africa . Chat shit and your bad mannered fraudsters will get banged tonight in Accra. Akpethesie is much better than you apes drinking brukutu , fura nunu and baby Oku so you can find your borehole girls to unleash terror on and later on practice skull mining. Just like a typical uncultivated uncultured Nigerian man you are , how many girls have you asked to rape today intentionally or otherwise ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
Why is no one talking about the poor organization of this Afcon 2019? The stadia are poorly lighted and you can visibly see the shadows of players which is not so in other ongoing competitions. Just look at Cameroun and Guinea wearing same color of Jersey like a secondary school football match

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
darkelf:

Which EPL team?

He couldn't score or assist in two legs against Liverpool. Same as yesterday. Just pace and power with no end product.

Goals win games and if as a striker, you can't score, you should assist and if you can't do either , then you're an impotent striker. I repeat, Moussa is an average striker

Before nko ,so because he is an average striker means they can't buy him 30 million ?

Porto have turned down offers from Epl clubs for the dude o

You want make I mention average strikers wey Epl teams don buy for 30 million ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
R2bees:
Biko Gustav25 Ibu onye Igbo abi u from Ghana i no understand u oo
you will know mgbe Aturu puru mpi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
lakesidepapa:

Stop spreading mat on this fake issue, The team is just using it as a mind game against thier oppenent.

Lol....they drunks are relieving 2018 worldcup again where there jersey had more efforts than their football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
Basogog with a miss of the tournament. Empty net grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
Naija media outlets said our boys are on strike yet Goal Africa just posted a live stream 2 hours ago of a Super Eagles training session.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
Luckyroro:
Why is no one talking about the poor organization of this Afcon 2019? The stadia are poorly lighted and you can visibly see the shadows of players which is not so in other ongoing competitions. Just look at Cameroun and Guinea wearing same color of Jersey like a secondary school football match

Tunisia vs Angola stadium had only one floodlight

Imagine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
It has been a terrible year for South African sports...

- Their Women crashed out of the WC
- They are performing terribly at the Cricket World Cup ( grin grin)

- They will soon crash out of AFCON

Perhaps their beloved Springboks may follow suit grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
cc12:
I saw a billboard with Kelechi Nwakali headlining a celebrity event in a nightclub in Owerri, that boy is not just serious with his career, he is just after glrooving

That guy no serious, always uploading pictures on instagram
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
This afcon is trash mehn. The quality of football is nauseating. Cameroon vs Guinea Bissau wearing similar Jersey, empty stadium, poor lighting. Very boring football to say the least

(1) (2) (3) ... (6308) (6309) (6310) (6311) (6312) (6313) (6314) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.