Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11663993 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
I am a Bonafide Nigerian and I love the Super Eagles

In the beginning, I had doubts about this team but they are gradually winning me over with their attitude on the field of play

But I know one fact; everybody cannot say positive things about the Super Eagles all the time. We are created different and we think differently.

Hence, it only makes sense to respect the opinions of others no matter how silly they may sound.

Granted, we give each other a hard time here by yabbing and making jokes about our wrong predictions and what nots but this should never degenerate to insults.

Some of us here have a hard time swallowing the opinions of others and cannot make intelligent arguments without insulting the other party. Times without number, I have called out some of these people. While some apologize and retract their statements, others remain adamant and choose not to admit their wrongs.

I want to believe we all possess a level of intelligence to converse on this thread and what differentiates the mature minds from kids is the ability to question opposing arguments with facts and without rude remarks.

I am calling on us especially those of us who are elders to act accordingly:

You don't have to reply every rude remark.

You are not in control of the other persons thoughts and opinions; positive and negative

I also want to believe that you (the agggressor) don't feed the aggressee neither do you clothe or pay his house rent grin grin. So the person can oppose you when he wants albeit intelligently.

ccSuperNerd, Chriskels, Icon4s, elyte89, Odunayaw, Earthquake3, Joebie, andrew444, Chrisoblog, safarigirl, Kog45, Mujtahida, Charlesemeka, Komekn, Forgiveness, Jarus, Mikael2, DrLikita, soetanoreoluwa, sontoly and those whose names I cant remember.

Stay blessed and Stay happy y'all

Up Super Eagles, Go for glory

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Sorry bro, but u act like u are mentally unstable some times. Really sorry to say this, I mean u no insult.

Dis yeye man and upper cuts grin grin leave Andrew my man alone angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
The number 9 position and midfield are the departments we lack personel and depth going forward inhe future.

The upcoming season in Europe will be vital in the process of getting a good striker who can take the mantle from Ighalo, mikel and John ogu most especially the former.

The likes of awoniyi and oshimeh needs to move to more competitive leagues or remain in Belgium and join the top teams in the league who feature in European competition so that they can make a statement for their course. Odey and Okereke are in a better environment and clubs to make their marks so that they will be counted. Iheanacho needs to rediscover his MOJO as well even if he has to drop to the English 2nd tier.

In the midfield, more qualities are needed to replace the aging mikel and ogu and as well complete the younger ones we have on ground which are ndidi and etebo. I pray that the likes of onomah, aribo, ejaria, Kingsley Michael, Eze, bashiru, zubairu etc perform well in their various and prospective clubs so that they can have a look in.

In the defence line, tomori(if interested), uduokhai, Pius junior etc can also be drafted if they perform well in the upcoming season.

My biggest worry is the goal keeping department and due to the lack of quality in that position we have to make do with the trio we have now until a better goal tender emerges.
I think the solution to our GK problem is in the NPFL, Rhor and Alloy need to do their homework properly there are young talented goalkeeper who can serve us a long time

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jarus:
Good job by Benin, Uganda and Madagascar in this tournament. But men have been separated from boys.

The 4 teams left are football powerhouses in Africa.

Some people here said one of the "minnows" will enter semis. I never thought so - more so as we now have 24 teams competing.

The most shocking prediction I saw - not here though - was some people saying Madagascar will win this tournament. Joke.

I knew QF will be their bus stop.

grin grin grin

I did predict a Madagascar Semi but seems they have been put in their place. They tried anyways

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

In the beginning, I had doubts about this team but they are gradually winning me over with their attitude on the field of play

But I know one fact; everybody cannot say positive things about the Super Eagles all the time. We are created different and we think differently.

Hence, it only makes sense to respect the opinions of others no matter how silly they may sound.

Granted, we give each other a hard time here by yabbing and making jokes about our wrong predictions and what nots but this should never degenerate to insults.

Some of us here have a hard time swallowing the opinions of others and cannot make intelligent arguments without insulting the other party. Times without number, I have called out some of these people. While some apologize and retract their statements, others remain adamant and choose not to admit their wrongs.

I want to believe we all possess a level of intelligence to converse on this thread and what differentiates the mature minds from kids is the ability to question opposing arguments with facts and without rude remarks.

You are not in control of the other persons thoughts and opinions; positive and negative

I also want to believe that you (the agggressor) don't feed the aggressee neither do you clothe or pay his house rent grin grin. So the person can oppose you when he wants albeit intelligently.

ccSuperNerd, Chriskels, Icon4s, elyte89, Odunayaw, Earthquake3, Joebie, andrew444, Chrisoblog, safarigirl, Kog45, Mujtahida, Charlesemeka, Komekn, Forgiveness, Mikael2, DrLikita, soetanoreoluwa, sontoly and those whose names I cant remember.

GO AND SIN NO MORE grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2019
elyte89:

GO AND SIN NO MORE grin grin grin

You this man, If I catch you ehn grin grin grin grin

I go just do you wetin Chukwueze do that SA defender (wey him head be like new formica)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
jihday:
I think the solution to our GK problem is in the NPFL, Rhor and Alloy need to do their homework properly there are young talented goalkeeper who can serve us a long time

they two people you mentioned don't believe in our home based team ... ad it will be hard for them to pick any goal keeper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
lexyman:

they two people you mentioned don't believe in our home based team ... ad it will be hard for them to pick any goal keeper

Rohr isn't in charge of that GK dept and has rightfully delegated to Alloy but Alloy is just lazy.

I don't think Akpeyi is the best Nigerian GK.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

ccSuperNerd, Chriskels, Icon4s, elyte89, Odunayaw, Earthquake3, Joebie, andrew444, Chrisoblog, safarigirl, Kog45, Mujtahida, Charlesemeka, Komekn, Forgiveness, Jarus, Mikael2, DrLikita, soetanoreoluwa, sontoly and those whose names I cant remember.

I commend your honesty and integrity, well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
It is for this same reason I doubt an African team will win the WC in the next 20 years. You need to beat at least 2 of Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain or Italy to win the WC. If you beat one in R16, another one await you in QF, another one in semis. A tough road.

Same reason average clubs hardly win UCL. You need to beat at least 2 of Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Juve, Liverpool etc to win.

Porto the last "average" team to win UCL. Monaco and Ajax tried but ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2019
safarigirl:
When they ask....
this MRI have really helped us, no more using Eyimba players for U-17 tourney

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

I'm a diehard fan of Nigerian NT and Nigerian players but I'm also a pragmatist.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

Once upon a time, these were the rules guising this thread and everyone of us kept to it. But slowly the words 'Hater' and 'plastic fan' started coming into the thread and that is how we got here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
If I am to say my mind, with what I've seen from this Algerian team throughout this tourney, there is very little chance we are getting past them. It's the end of the road lads, it's time to go home.

P.S:
I am not trolling or hating, I love this team and I think they have already done thier best to get to this stage. We can only get better from here.

When the AFCON started I made it intrinsically clear that we the SE were not favourites but none the less it's football and we had a SLIM CHANCE .

As the games progressed and the players and some of our possible opponents fell to the ground our position changed to CONTENDERS.

Then some of the favourites against all odds like Egypt couldn't rise to the occasion I said we have become SERIOUS CONTENDERS.

Well we have dispatched SA admittedly lady luck although I don't believe on luck only grace has been on our side. We have had a relatively easier ride to the Semi finals.

My final conclusion is that we are no longer serious contenders but ACTUAL FAVOURITES.

So bring on the Algerians Up Up SUPER EAGLES !!!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

Bro, u just melted my heart with this write up. U truly are a good man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mickael2:

Once upon a time, these were the rules guising this thread and everyone of us kept to it. But slowly the words 'Hater' and 'plastic fan' started coming into the thread and that is how we got here.

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
The way the Ivorian keeper shouted after bounejah missed his penalty. It was as if he actually saved the penalty even when he was sent the wrong way grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
If I am to say my mind, with what I've seen from this Algerian team throughout this tourney, there is very little chance we are getting past them. It's the end of the road lads, it's time to go home.

P.S:
I am not trolling or hating, I love this team and I think they have already done thier best to get to this stage. We can only get better from here.
'When i remember the way this SA team moves the ball from defense to attack in split seconds......hmm. The beautiful quick midfield interchanges they are so fond of.....hmm. Percy Tau's wizardry..... hmm. Lorch's lethality.... hmm. Mothiba's mobility.... hmm.

I sorry for Nigeria.'

no be you post this before the South African game? Not sure anybody will take you serious here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Bro, u just melted my heart with this write up. U truly are a good man

Thanks bro. We are one family here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

My moniker is here shocked but I don't make any troub...yehh who slapped me! grin

You've spoken/typed well Sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
Odunayaw:
My moniker is here shocked but I don't make any troub...yehh who slapped me! grin

You've spoken/typed well Sir

Na me now

Troublesome fellow grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
jihday:
wait o, no be Nacho be this? Which kain hair he do so?
New season style
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jarus:
Here is my assessment of the chances of each of the teams (done this for the last 11 years)

FAVOURITES
-Egypt
-Senegal
-Morocco

OUTSIDE CHANCES
-Cameroun
-Nigeria
-Ghana
-CIV
-Algeria

FIGHTING CHANCES
Tunisia
Congo
Mali
Guinea
South Africa

NEVER-SAY-NEVER
- Angola
- Tanzania
- Zimbabwe
- Burundi

NO-HOPERS
-Benin
-Uganda
-Mauritania
-Madagascar
-Kenya
-Namibia
-Guinea Bissau

Now, on a personal level, which do I want to win?

1. Nigeria (for obvious reason)
2. Mali (they have been underachieving for long - mostly gets knocked out in semis)

Which do I think will win?
Morocco or Egypt

Senegal have very good individual players but not a great team.

This was my pre-tournament rating.

I never considered Nigeria a favorite. My target for them is semis, which they have achieved. To me, whatever is the result from here, they have met my expectation. I wont blame them much if they dont surpass it.

I still wont put my money on Nigeria winning but I think we stand a good chance from here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kodijah's goal make sense small sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jarus:

This was my pre-tournament rating.

I never considered Nigeria a favorite. My target for them is semis, which they have achieved. To me, whatever is the resilt from here, they have met my expectation. I wont blame them much if they dont survive it.

I still wont put my money on Nigeria winning but I thi k we stand a good chance from here.

If we don't win, who do you think will beat us and at what stage?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
I think the way to puzzle out these Algerian is their game between Senegal and CIV. Both teams showed their frailties and exposed their weakness. Rohr and his back room staff have a lot of coming up of strategy to do.
When they lose the ball, they hurriedly swarm to get it back bringing out 2 players in the process and their wide plays can easily be marked out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
darkelf:

If we don't win, who do you think will beat us and at what stage?

Algeria is my biggest fear. I am very sure we will beat Tunisia, Senegal is 50-50. But I fear Algeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
I think Algeria conceded their first goal of the tourney today

Wow.. shocked

[b]Attack is truly the best form of defence [/b]but no shaking sha

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
nelszx:
I think the way to puzzle out these Algerian is their game between Senegal and CIV. Both teams showed their frailties and exposed their weakness. Rohr and his back room staff have a lot of coming up of strategy to do.

Yes, you're right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

But some misguided fellows didn't think through this line when they said pvssy Tau was gonna have him for lunch in the absence of Simon. To them, prior that match, taofeek, sorry tau was even an upgrade on zaha, mahrez and ounas grin

one thing I love about awaziem is his ruggedness, u can never bully him no matter ur size and physicality. I saw him against the trickiest winger in the world last two seasons (neymar), hence ,I ain't losing sleep over taofeek'ed, mahrez, zaha and ounas

Sorry to burst your bubble.

But in that game which I watched Awaziem was turned inside out by Neymar. He even got a yellow card, he burned him very easily for pace on every occasion.

So your misleading with fabrication birthed from your own imagination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
lexyman:

unfortunately that's true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
obaaderemi:
tongue I guess you are still hurting from the Super Eagles breaking your heart last night. I told you you knew nothing about football just like your players. grin
is it? That's old news.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6572) (6573) (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.