Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705677 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
Earthquake2:
16 years old signed by Lyon

Cc Andrew444, BascoVanVeli, Icon4s

Bros is he nigerian?

Whats his name?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
Earthquake2:

Na wa ooo

This guy looks like he his in his middle 20s but I know that he may actually be 16 if he was born in France that is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
Danielnino00:
Ajayi is officially a West Brom player.
will wear the no.6 jersey

Nice move

No resting on oars.

His aim should be to rub shoulders with the best in the top flight by next year

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
French are worst than the English.

At least, English colonies are totally independent but French colonies are still under perpetual colonization.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
Danielnino00:

Even today France still maintains a close relationship with it's former colonies than England does...

If you check the squad of these francophone countries, majority of their foreign based players were either born in France or played there.. such isn't the case with anglophone countries like Nigeria and Ghana..

Yes you are 100% right about this. Even to the extent that the foreign reserve of those Francophone wear African countries is i. the French currency and central banks.

It's one of the reasons that ECOWAS are finding it difficult to implement the common currency stuff because of the Francophone countries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
darkelf:

Na wa ooo

This guy looks like he his in his middle 20s but I know that he may actually be 16 if he was born in France that is

If he is French born, then he's truly 16

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
andrew444:

Bros is he nigerian?

Whats his name?

I don’t know, I read it on a site
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
andrew444:

Bros is he nigerian?

Whats his name?

See the source, he must be French

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
timay:

If he is French born, then he's truly 16
Wow!!! so the French don't lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
Earthquake2:

See the source, he must be French

Lol okay o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
Odunayaw:
Its no more fanhood when vandalism and death threats enter it. That's barbarism

The standards of other country is not a yardstick, the standard is humanity and morality
I'm not saying it's right but that's what happens.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2019
Obviously Ighalo and Omeruo are the Nigerians.

How El-Shennawy makes it in goal has "Ojoro" written all over it.

Earthquake2:

Guess??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ongoing preseason friendly with Cheltenham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Obviously Ighalo and Omeruo are the Nigerians.

How El-Shennawy makes it in goal has "Ojoro" written all over it.

That should be goal.com selection

Rias mboli the Algerian was the best keeper in the tournament

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
Odunayaw:
You're the one trying to force this lie man

I have congratulated(first) the Algerian guy that visits here. You saying they dominated at the finish or defeated Senegal in scintillating fashion is a darn lie
There's no lie to force. Barring I'll luck, there's no way Senegal would beat Algeria except they dip in form. They've been consistent in this tournament. It's common for Nigerians to downplay other teams achievement and extol theirs (when we win you'll see comments like 'we conceded possession, we were tactical'.

They dominated the tournament from start to finish. That's what I meant. Yes they won the tournament in scintillating fashion and I've stated my reason for saying so. The best team in the tournament won.

Against Senegal in the final, they did exceptionally well. Senegal were not threatening at all despite being a goal down. If Algeria were not a goal up, you would have seen a different team.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
Iggy the Nigerian legend for finishing in top form.
TheSuperNerd:

If you all recall the discussion between Bascovanveli and I many months ago, we both discussed the possibility of Ighalo going on to emerge Afcon Top scorer on top of being Qualifiers top scorer and crowning it with an Afcon trophy to give him a shot at APOTY.

Well only a part of our thoughts came through. Ighalo did emerge top scorer back to back...

Bascovanveli, I am sure you remember the discussion.... I have personally had reservations about Iggy and his touch-and-go form.... But I always gave him my support to deliver.

He did struggle in the GWG for years but his latter periods with the team is quite a story to behold. He finished well even though he didn't start well.... And the race of life is for finishers...not starters.

You just have to give it up for Iggy (shown on Rohr's right)..... He retires a hero. And showed that he is farrrrrrrr better than that Overhyped Chris Boy called Niang....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jubilantagida: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
ChrisKels:

Probably, I had no job then bkus I just checked my chat/browse history and the last time the names "Abdul Ajagun" appeared on my keyboard was when I was undergoing the mandatory NYSC, back then in Pankshin grin

Wow! You served in arguably the coldest town in the country?? How did you cope?

Well, there's an FCE there, if you know what I mean.. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
Earthquake2:

So wat u pple want me to understand is dat I'm older dan dis guy,lol

Some pole are even saying if he's French den ........,OK,but if he is a Nigerian una no go allow pesin breath again.well dis ein head fresh sha,beta last skin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2019
simiife:

So wat u pple want me to understand is dat I'm older dan dis guy,lol

Some pole are even saying if he's French den ........,OK,but if he is a Nigerian una no go allow pesin breath again.well dis ein head fresh sha,beta last skin

Nna nawa, see beards

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
You can simply edit your work to be as neat as what you have below.

Good post from you man.

drDoom3:
This is what European countries are doing now angry

Netherlands Don’t Need Danjuma, He Was Capped To Stop Him From Playing For Nigeria
December 7, 2018

Club Brugge forward Arnold Groeneveld Danjuma was capped by the Netherlands to stop his planned switch of allegiance to the Super Eagles of Nigeria, according to Dutch journalist Roland Mark.

Danjuma has settled down nicely in the Belgium top division since his move from second division Dutch outfit NEC Nijmegen on a free transfer in the summer and his form led to a tug for his international future between Nigeria and the Netherlands.

Born in Nigeria, the forward whose father is also from the West African country has spent the most part of his life in the Netherlands and represented their U19 team three years ago but as at his last game for the U21s this year, he was still eligible to play for Nigeria at senior level.

All of that ended when he played for the Netherlands in the UEFA Nations League game against Germany, where he was introduced as a substitute in the final 22 minutes of the game.

” Injury made him miss the recent games for the Dutch national team but it’s clear to see why he was hurriedly capped by the Netherlands. He isn’t even the best player among the forwards at U21 level, his debut came to many as a surprise but you have to understand his case”, Roland Mark told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Look he spoke about been open to representing Nigeria at senior level after a game for the U21s.
Coach of the senior national team of Netherlands Ronald Koeman was among the people who criticised how Tyronne Ebuehi was lost to Nigeria.

His move is to keep away from Nigeria, something they didn’t do with Hakim Ziyech who now plays for Morocco “, he concluded.

© Copyright OwnGoalNigeria.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
mank1234:

There's no lie to force. Barring I'll luck, there's no way Senegal would beat Algeria except they dip in form. They've been consistent in this tournament. It's common for Nigerians to downplay other teams achievement and extol theirs (when we win you'll see comments like 'we conceded possession, we were tactical'.

They dominated the tournament from start to finish. That's what I meant. Yes they won the tournament in scintillating fashion and I've stated my reason for saying so. The best team in the tournament won.

Against Senegal in the final, they did exceptionally well. Senegal were not threatening at all despite being a goal down. If Algeria were not a goal up, you would have seen a different team.
Well you're not discussing with one.
And this is a scam.

anyway, your point is received
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
forgiveness:
French are worst than the English.

At least, English colonies are totally independent but French colonies are still under perpetual colonization.

Both system have merits and demerits. But if you ask me, as Nigeria is currently run I would prefer we were a French colony. That way so many Nigerians would have run to France. Lolz.

The English system is good for country that is better governed cos of less interference.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
safarigirl:
I repeat, not in France.

As far as the French are concerned, everyone is even and you don't have to break your back to be chosen as a black person, over a white person.

That is why their team has a majority black presence, or you think they can't find caucasians to fill the black roles?

I will buttress your point from experience.

Black Africans in France can actually feel French more so than African.

It's very rare unless the person was brought up in care and had a whole lot of issues. And or they just had little or no black input. For a black person in England to think that are English and the same as white English.

There are always a few sell out Uncle Toms or Coconuts.

But most Nigerian see themselves as Nigerian first and English second. And to be neighbourhood specific I never see Warri pikin deny Warri.

However, there are some disappointing exceptions, l meet Nigerians who were born on Nigeria went to school in Nigeria even worked thier. Then they come to England and teach thier children that Nigeria is hell on earth and ABSOLUTELY nothing can good can come out of that country.

Then go on further to encourage thier children to follow oyibo and reject all things African as bad and accept all things White as good.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
safarigirl:
I repeat, not in France.

As far as the French are concerned, everyone is even and you don't have to break your back to be chosen as a black person, over a white person.

That is why their team has a majority black presence, or you think they can't find caucasians to fill the black roles?
Not too long ago, Laurent Blanc and a couple of French officials were caught taking about capping the quota of black and Arab players at academies that feed the French NT to 30 percent.
Those guys aren't as open as they seem.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
Earthquake2:
He was born in France o.. country wey get automatic data capture...
He could actually be 16. na him look dy deceive some people...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
timay:

Yes you are 100% right about this. Even to the extent that the foreign reserve of those Francophone wear African countries is i. the French currency and central banks.

It's one of the reasons that ECOWAS are finding it difficult to implement the common currency stuff because of the Francophone countries

France control over its former colonies is too strong IMO.It appears that those countries aren't fully independent yet. them still dy do "yes sir"

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
Odunayaw:
Its no more fanhood when vandalism and death threats enter it. That's barbarism

The standards of other country is not a yardstick, the standard is humanity and morality
There’s no morality in football. You are as good as your last game, fans all over the world react negatively when players perform poorly. Baba, the Yak was forgotten entirely after missing a sitter. In the neighborhood that I grew up from, if you play woefully the way that Senegalese no 9 was playing yesterday, weed smokers will drag you off the field and seize your boot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
Danielnino00:

He was born in France o.. country wey get automatic data capture...

He could actually be 16. na him look dy deceive some people...

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
Triniti:
There’s no morality in football. You are as good as your last game, fans all over the world react negatively when players perform poorly. Baba, the Yak was forgotten entirely after missing a sitter. In the neighborhood that I grew up from, if you play woefully the way that Senegalese no 9 was playing yesterday, weed smokers will drag you off the field and seize your boot
Barbarism, I don't know why you're trying to make it look normal man

Forgotten entirely is different from death threat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
Odunayaw:
Barbarism, I don't know why you're trying to make it look normal man

Forgotten entirely is different from death threat
Fans all over the world has been threatening players all the time. Don’t make Ighalo’s case look different, between, he just rescinded his decision and will be back to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
jihday:
Ongoing preseason friendly with Cheltenham

And we re back to anoda season again where we celebrate balls hitting bars,dribbles,assist and 2goals in a season will b praised like someone scoring in every single match in a season grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
Triniti:
Fans all over the world has been threatening players all the time. Don’t make Ighalo’s case look different, between, he just rescinded his decision and will be back to the team.

People are getting murdered all over the world is that right too. Should we all buy AK47s and go out for human shooting practice?

Ighalo is not coming back he told Pinnick he would think about it out of respect but trust Pinnick to come out and say Iggy had agreed to come back.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.