Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694113 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
Belgian side Club Brugge have turned down an offer of eight million Euros from a Russian club for Nigeria U23 forward Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis.

Club Brugge have already lost striker Wesley Moraes and Zimbabwe midfielder Marvelous Nakamba to Premier League side Aston Villa.

But according to Het Laatste Nieuws, they have now turned down the big-money offer for Dennis.

The former Abuja Football College star joined them in 2017 from Ukrainian club Zorya.

He cost 1.3 million Euros then.

He has scored 18 goals and provided eight assists in 71 appearances for the Belgian club, who will feature in the UEFA Champions League in the new season after they finished runners-up this past season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
komekn:

Remove sentiment and emotive based favoritism.

The Turkish league is not a top quality league and does not attract the best players in thier prime. This is just the truth.

If you are in that League you are not competing with the best. The very favourable taxes regime is very favourable to many players particularly those unable to compete in the better leagues.

Yeah championship is better than turkey league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LZAA: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
edi287:

You keep saying "big names" like these guys fall from heaven.
England had a golden generation during the early 2000s that wasn't utilized properly by the coaches they had. I mean all they had to do to solve the famous "Lampard - Gerrard" dilemma was to play a 4-3-3.
Germany after having a lull in talented players coming through simply invested in grassroots football and reaped the benefits.
England simply changed their way of coaching.
The argument is our best talents are in the academies and if you look at the transfers over the last few years - it proves that this is correct.
What you should be asking is why there isn't a reasonable link with these academies and our league teams??
Yes coaching and poor facilities is part of the problem but I repeat if we had a Mikel replacement lying in the NPFL right now - there is no way that we wouldn't have identified them.
When Ahmed Musa was discovered - did he not go straight to Holland?? Musa was wanted by Ajax but went to Venlo instead.
If we have budding talents everywhere - why aren't we seeing more moves like that of Musa and Taye Taiwo?

England's golden gen was actually destroyed by eriksson's reliance on....big names
U are right tho,the structure of our local game is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
read my initial post again
edi287:

Where is Onobi at the moment?? Look the likes of Siasia and Amodu were not stupid when they said what they did about our league.
These guys have played and coached in the NPFL. Why would they want to bad mouth it??
The quality of the NPFL is not high. As at now - the best bet is getting players from the academy before they play in the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
mostob:
I don't even want him to come.
nonsense and gustav
Mostob , if I reason

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
komekn:

At the same time Tega Abrahams collects the number 9 jersey for Chelsea and scores in pre season against Barcelona.

At the tender age of 21, has had three seasons of first team football was the top goal scorer in the championship. Can be described as a consistent continous top class outstanding player.

Probably now worth in the region of £50 million if Chelsea will even accept that.

U either said the bolded to save face or u really do not understand the meaning of the word consistency. He was good at Bristol, very poor at Swansea that he single-handedly sent them to the championship, then, he was OK at AstonVilla. These sums up his 3 seasons as a pro, and u call that consistency neglecting the woeful season he had(where it mattered most) in between the so called good seasons he had in the lowly championship? grin

Eerrm before u make this a Tammy debate, please where does veteran Iorfa play these days? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
If Tammy is serious about playing for Naija, his dad would put a call to Pinnick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
gustav25:
Enyia , maba Ohia ... Otito Na Ike nshi?
Yea bro that(ime ike nsi) is ur abode grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol and the gullible ones in here are once again falling for same trick from Tammy?

Local man is disgusted. Tufiakwa!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

Yea bro that(ime ike nsi) is ur abode grin
Eze ikamotulapa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
mostob:
yea..and there is one audacious CHIP he scored. forgot the opponent

Datz d 1 against real betis,commanding a standing ovation from betis fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
sheyishemba:
Tammy changed his bio flag to Nigeria few hours ago but has replaced it with both 2 hours ago uhmmm I think NFF has approached him again but wishing him all the best sha I think NFF should fasten their approach on Udokhai tomori and most essentially eze the guy good gan you guys should watch some of his clip on IG with teamnigeriauk
He changed his bio to Nigeria flag about 4 months ago..we even discussed it here then .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ofoborh has been doing well for Bournemouth, so far in this preseason, same thing with Kingsley Michael for Bologna

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you are right but there is chances of a white english boy erupting from no where with atleast 10 goals in the epl this season or next and if that happens tammy will be forgotten by the english fa.

moreover southgate will prefer starting rashford as a striker instead of tammy. england is blessed with young flank players coming up so i see no reason deploying rashford to the flanks only if kane starts. tammy's best bet in international football is with nigeria. with england he will gain few caps but with nigeria the chances of becoming the teams undisputed number 9 is very high but sentiment aside i don't think he will turn back to play for us so he is good as gone

Currently even with the ingrained conscious and unconscious RACISM prevalent across all spheres of life in the UK.

No Oyibo boy were go clear any of our black boys in the No. 9 role currently and not for some time to come.

All the prospects are Black.

However, he would be wise to shift base which l will not be shocked to see happen. Particularly once he has settled his long term contractual future.

You must understand that your transfer value, endorsements, advertising, etc are all intrinsically linked with you being classed as an England international.

But once you can sort out your long term contractual obligations then it's difficult to loose value.

So if he then changes allegiance then NUTTIN SPOIL don't forget his socail network is predominantly black and Nigerian. Ebere and him played local football as kids.

Although he fall my hand with this oyibo babe when he carry put for head.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
We are going too far by putting Qatar 2022 first in that title. That is not our next event.

Every thread we have opened follows a sequence so why break that?

We are already in a new dawn with Mikel and Ighalo making way. A new breed arises... A new era is born. And their next assignment is the Afcon 2021 qualifiers and the U-23 Afcon (after the final round qualifiers games coming up soon).
After that comes Tokyo 2020 even before Afcon 2021.... So Qatar 2022 should not be first. So I dont agree that the title is okay.

It should follow a sequence.

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Dawn Of A New Era and Roads to Afcon 2021, Tokyo 2020 & Qatar 2022"

Give it sequential focus. That is what I ask.

Cc Terzurum5, Orkpekyandega

One last thing, I repeat that the U-20 thread went dormant because no one was posting news and updates there. I was caught up in a lot of engagements that took me away for over six months and no one else took up the gauntlet. So why won't it go dormant?

The U-17 thread is still relevant because we have an U-17 WC coming up and fortunately I am back now. And I would rather post U-17 news there than here. So whosoever wanna discuss it here can do so but I won't derail and that is why I rather go to that thread.
When no one is ready to update a thread, it goes dormant naturally and yes it was the decision of the house to create both the U-20 and U-17 threads... So If it goes dormant, then it is on all of us. I was absent and no one else cared to post news. Chikena.

Sequential focus given to the title of the thread.

Please confirm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
Famocious:

He changed his bio to Nigeria flag about 4 months ago..we even discussed it here then .

The guy is a politician, he changed his flag for a reason, maybe to gain more followers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
Terzurum5 you don let TheSuperNerd confuse you grin

Which one be Tokyo 2022 again? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
ChrisKels:
Ofoborh has been doing well for Bournemouth, so far in this preseason, same thing with Kingsley Michael for Bologna

Our U23 Eagles taking shape wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

The guy is a politician, he changed his flag for a reason, maybe to gain more followers

Survival instinct...Warri blood still dey flow through his veins.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

U either said the bolded to save face or u really do not understand the meaning of the word consistency. He was good at Bristol, very poor at Swansea that he single-handedly sent them to the championship, then, he was OK at AstonVilla. These sums up his 3 seasons as a pro, and u call that consistency neglecting the woeful season he had(where it mattered most) in between the so called good seasons he had in the lowly championship? grin

Eerrm before u make this a Tammy debate, please where does veteran Iorfa play these days? grin

Blind hatred no get let u see Road.

At Bristol he was not good he was EXCELLENT as a teenager being the top three highest goal scorer in your first season of first team professional football.

At Swansea the team had sold key players went through how many Managers issues on and off the field. Let me say Categorically a club that has had 8 managers in the space of 3 years is almost impossible for any player to excel talk less thrive. However he still scored 5 goals in the EPL.

Fast forward to 2018/19 and he was the highest goal scorer at 21 in the Championship.

I noticed you and many others still clamour for KC who has scored 4 goals in two seasons of EPL football with Leicester and call him an outstanding talent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
simiife:

Datz d 1 against real betis,commanding a standing ovation from betis fans
oh..ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
gustav25:
Mostob , if I reason
lol..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
forgiveness:

I don't know how that thing works nowadays. We are not benefiting from the commonwealth.
I
think they feel they already have enough Nigerians in their country. IMO that work permit rule should have never applied to us or at least should have been altered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
Icon4s:

Olympics things na.

It's even better for us to discuss both the Super Eagles team and the Olympics team on one thread.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

What match I can't see his name in the first team or substitutes

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

What match I can't see his name in the first team or substitutes

Have u been following their preseason matches? U shudda asked why he didn't make today's match day squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
komekn:

Blind hatred no get let u see Road.

At Bristol he was not good he was EXCELLENT as a teenager being the top three highest goal scorer in your first season of first team professional football.

At Swansea the team had sold key players went through how many Managers issues on and off the field. Let me say Categorically a club that has had 8 managers in the space of 3 years is almost impossible for any player to excel talk less thrive. However he still scored 5 goals in the EPL.

Fast forward to 2018/19 and he was the highest goal scorer at 21 in the Championship.

I noticed you and many others still clamour for KC who has scored 4 goals in two seasons of EPL football with Leicester and call him an outstanding talent.

In summary, two so called excellent seasons in the lowly championship just like Dwight Gayle's and a very poor season in the league of men, the EPL, equals consistency right? U quite funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Icon4s:

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
Icon4s:

Our U23 Eagles taking shape wink
KPOM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
edi287:

Tammy is gone. His only competition in the long run is Kane. Vardy will soon retire. Sterling and Rashford mostly play out wide.
He plays well with Chelsea and Southgate will invite him easily.
Vardy has retired from international football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
You mentioned just Musa, yet said talents was booming them. Who else can you mention during that period? At least we can mention Odey, Lokosa e.t.c of recent..... I am just trying to pick holes in your argument. What we have is a paradigm shift, people no longer have the patience to look inward now that we have a lot of dual citizen players that you do not have to stress much to unearth.

edi287:

You keep saying "big names" like these guys fall from heaven.
England had a golden generation during the early 2000s that wasn't utilized properly by the coaches they had. I mean all they had to do to solve the famous "Lampard - Gerrard" dilemma was to play a 4-3-3.
Germany after having a lull in talented players coming through simply invested in grassroots football and reaped the benefits.
England simply changed their way of coaching.
The argument is our best talents are in the academies and if you look at the transfers over the last few years - it proves that this is correct.
What you should be asking is why there isn't a reasonable link with these academies and our league teams??
Yes coaching and poor facilities is part of the problem but I repeat if we had a Mikel replacement lying in the NPFL right now - there is no way that we wouldn't have identified them.
When Ahmed Musa was discovered - did he not go straight to Holland?? Musa was wanted by Ajax but went to Venlo instead.
If we have budding talents everywhere - why aren't we seeing more moves like that of Musa and Taye Taiwo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
terzurum5:

Olympics things na.

It's even better for us to discuss both the Super Eagles team and the Olympics team on one thread.

Tokyo Olympics is next year bro, change it to 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Subzerooo, paulos8, Clint02(m), etebefia, 123jamessmith, BascoVanVeli(m), Ajd19 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.