Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,534 members, 7,843,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11826387 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) (6792) (6793) (6794) ... (16231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2019
You guys are forgetting the kings of savvy transfer deals in Europe for the past 10 to 15 years, FC Porto and Sevilla

TheSuperNerd:
Monaco kinda went thru a phase when they expectedly got ripped apart by the Big Boys of Europe who came calling for their prized assets who took Europe by storm reaching the UCL semis. But they still look decent right now.

The brains and Spines of that team were bought out... Mbappe, B.Silva, B.Mendy, T.Lemar, T.Bakayoko, Fabinho, haba!!! That's the entire team's core naa... Took them a little time to recover. They got Tielemans and co and they just sold Tielemans.

Ajax did same just last season and it is only a matter of time before David Neres, Donny Van De beek, and Ziyech secure bigger moves.
Already we have seen Frenkie de Jong and De Ligt leave.

Yes, Benfica and of cos Shahktar with their sales of Willian, Fernandinho, Fred, Etc. Shahktar's best transfer businesses almost always involve Brazilians. I call them the club of Brazillian pearls.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2019
Humility017:

Doctor do you work in the NPFL or LMC?
you seems so engrossed with this boring league
*Sorry for my language...was just trying to be sincere

Lol I don't but I spend a lot of time reading news/twitter. I am generally interested in a lot of different topics but this is a football forum so I only post about football.
I would like to see the league improve because I think it's one of the best ways to improve our football (the economic payout isn't bad either...jobs, infrastructure, reduced youth idleness, etc.).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

They av Badu Ndiaye back from loan and they need Gayle to strike them back to the EPL. The deal might go through

I really hope it goes through
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2019
Na bible study we con do here today...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2019
andrew444:

Lol, it sound like the impossible but its possible

Shebi na here we dey wey leicester win league?

Winning the league is 2 much for even chelsea self let alone westham and co

I have watch newcastle and everton pick 4th position during the reign of man u and alex ferguson

I see. But I want to guarantee you that it's also too much for Man City to win the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

He doesn't have to move to the EPL to develop! In fact he can stay in the laliga all his career and will develop well. Not every EPL club plays the kind of football Samu needs to develop.. And Omeruo placed more emphasis on money. He said nothing about development ..

"If a Premier league club makes an offer for Samuel Chukwueze, of course, every player wants to play in the Premier League and it will be great for him.
"He should take it as long that the contract is favourable and he makes a lot of money out of it."

That's a bad advice.. Samu ought to stay away from Omeruo.

The question was about the EPL. Calm down Omeruo has done well for himself and he more right than you and I to advice Samu who looks up to him.

I see it as him telling the young man to know his value
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
Where is Lateef Omidiji?

Chelsea, Bournemouth, SV Eintracht Trier Starlets Receive Nigeria Call-Up

Published: August 06, 2019

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that two players on the books of Premier League clubs and a German-based youngster have been called up to the Golden Eaglets squad ahead of the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup.

Nigeria U17s coaches led by Manu Garba are expected to begin running the rule over Chelsea striker Adrian Akande, Bournemouth goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola and promising SV Eintracht Trier 05 glovesman Armin Olayo as from Tuesday, August 13.

Akande and Oluwabusola were part of the Golden Eaglets squad at the 2019 U17 AFCON but were non-playing substitutes in all the matches.

As for Olayo, he was extensively scouted by Golden Eaglets coaches and the Technical Committee of the Nigerian Federation before he was handed a maiden invitation to the Nigeria team.

The aforementioned players as well as West Ham's Daniel Jinadu will be hoping to impress the coaches during the get-together in Abuja as they aim to be included on the final 21-man roster for the tournament in Brazil.

Five-time world champions Nigeria will face Hungary, Ecuador and Australia in Group B of the FIFA U17 World Cup which begins on October 26, 2019.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33180
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The question was about the EPL. Calm down Omeruo has done well for himself and he more right than you and I to advice Samu who looks up to him.

I guess moving on loan for over 10 years as a Chelsea player, is your own definition of doing well for himself.

if Samu wants advice, it definitely not from the less ambitious folks we have presently as players.

If Omeruo was serious, he would have left Chelsea Aeons ago and not stay put to collect big Chelsea salary only to go on loan every season.

Another person towing Omeruo path is Nwakali at Chelsea.

As a footballler , he's not doing well for himself. but material wise, he has money and he's definitely doing well.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2019
forgiveness:

I see. But I want to guarantee you that it's also too much for Man City to win the league.

But more percentage than Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Good, I hope we also hand a call up to yet another English youth International goalkeeper, and Tottenham sensation, Joshua Oluwayemi.

Josh, earlier this year: “If
Nigeria comes for me, then I’ll go but at the moment, as a youth International of England, I am focusing on England youth, but
then, Nigeria first”.
Dude is 18 years if am not mistaken.

It's left for Paul Aigbogun and Imama to see what he has to offer. Jonathan Zaccala has potential too.

Good to see Young goalkeepers coming through the ranks.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blackpride101: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
Daninya111:

Dude is 18 years if am not mistaken.

It's left for Paul Aigbogun and Imama to see what he has to offer. Jonathan Zaccala has potential too.

Good to see Young goalkeepers coming through the ranks.
can we trust this lads with these indigenous coaches? still remember the experience manu made the chelsea lad go through the last time...
and Aigbogun with chinonso even when it was glaring that Tijani has lost it....
our indigenous coaches and fraud team selection and favouritism is too glaring and sickening

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
fikayo tomori considering to follow lookman's footsteps in changing allegiance to nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
Omeruo's "advice" to Chukwueze goes to show you why Omeruo was content staying at a "big club" for almost a decade without playing a single minute for them.

Only a grossly unambitious fellow can do that.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
fikayo tomori considering to follow lookman's footsteps in changing allegiance to nigeria!

"Considering"?

I thought Forgiveness (abi na Komekn) said Tomori was on his knees begging us to come and take him. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
lol na lie abeg
Curtisaxel7:

"Considering"?

I thought Forgiveness (abi na Komekn) said Tomori was on his knees begging us to come and take him. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Omeruo's "advice" to Chukwueze goes to show you why Omeruo was content staying at a "big club" for almost a decade without playing a single minute for them.

Only a grossly unambitious fellow can do that.

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Remember Bruce is a big fan of Etebo.
Oh yeah that's true. I don't rate him as a coach sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mykerl(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Contact me on telegram for fixed matches daily. We do pay after and rollovers.contact me @2ODDSCLUB

10 odds have already been won dis morning

Just give it a try
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
Blackpride101:

can we trust this lads with these indigenous coaches? still remember the experience manu made the chelsea lad go through the last time...
and Aigbogun with chinonso even when it was glaring that Tijani has lost it....
our indigenous coaches and fraud team selection and favouritism is too glaring and sickening

Bro, our local coaches no Wan give us joy.
At the tournament proper, na heart ache their selection day give us.

Time and time again, we keep coming back even if they perform below expectations.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
na you dey fix the matches?
mykerl:
Contact me on telegram for fixed matches daily. We do pay after and rollovers.contact me @2ODDSCLUB

10 odds have already been won dis morning

Just give it a try
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
forgiveness:
Where is Lateef Omidiji?

Published: August 06, 2019

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that two players on the books of Premier League clubs and a German-based youngster have been called up to the Golden Eaglets squad ahead of the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup.

Nigeria U17s coaches led by Manu Garba are expected to begin running the rule over Chelsea striker Adrian Akande, Bournemouth goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola and promising SV Eintracht Trier 05 glovesman Armin Olayo as from Tuesday, August 13.

Akande and Oluwabusola were part of the Golden Eaglets squad at the 2019 U17 AFCON but were non-playing substitutes in all the matches.

As for Olayo, he was extensively scouted by Golden Eaglets coaches and the Technical Committee of the Nigerian Federation before he was handed a maiden invitation to the Nigeria team.

The aforementioned players as well as West Ham's Daniel Jinadu will be hoping to impress the coaches during the get-together in Abuja as they aim to be included on the final 21-man roster for the tournament in Brazil.

Five-time world champions Nigeria will face Hungary, Ecuador and Australia in Group B of the FIFA U17 World Cup which begins on October 26, 2019.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33180

In his house undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Has omeruo even played in the Epl that he is advising someone ?

So value is only recognized in the Epl abi seems you said he his advising the young man to know his value ?

Omeruo has not done that much for him self till his leganes move

The way you talk person go think say na mikel be the omeruo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

What's wrong with the laliga now! must he go to the EPL before we can say he is a good player?
Omeruo placed more emphasis on money. that made it a bad advice. Samu is just 20.he should work on developing his game for now..the money will flow in later....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
R2bees:
Onyekuru is having visa issues.. Deal could fall through. https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/visa-problems-holding-up-henry-onyekuru-to-monaco/

I don't think visa issue will stop him from the move

Dude should have no problem flying to France from turkey ,someone with turkey work permit should have no issue in getting into France

Anyway what do I know

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
that guy na fool but him no get any other choice than to join monaco
andrew444:

I don't think visa issue will stop him from the move

Dude should have no problem flying to France from turkey ,someone with turkey work permit should have no issue in getting into France

Anyway what do I know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
andrew444:

Has omeruo even played in the Epl that he is advising someone ?

So value is only recognized in the Epl abi seems you said he his advising the young man to know his value ?

Omeruo has not done that much for him self till his leganes move

The way you talk person go think say na mikel be the omeruo

A lot of African players don't seem to understand the value of patience and hard work.. not every thing is to be rushed... U work hard at a small club and earn peanuts but as long as u work hard u will have the opportunity to play for a bigger team later on and earn better..
Unfortunately, a lot of them are using football age and therefore need to cash out before their legs are gone...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hmmm!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
he is likely to move to leganes permanently
forgiveness:
Hmmm!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
that guy na fool but him no get any other choice than to join monaco

Lol

It might be the truth but speaking from what i know,someone with turkey work permit should have no issue getting into france, henry is a footballer for that matter not just an ordinary person and something like this club go involve to make am easy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

A lot of African players don't seem to understand the value of patience and hard work.. not every thing is to be rushed... U work hard at a small club and earn peanuts but as long as u work hard u will have the opportunity to play for a bigger team later on and earn better..
Unfortunately, a lot of them are using football age and therefore need to cash out before their legs are gone...

Good point bro

This should be all about money, you all know laliga is a good league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2019
He will get it. Not his fault.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) (6792) (6793) (6794) ... (16231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.