Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11673895 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6883) (6884) (6885) (6886) (6887) (6888) (6889) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
You people can start up a petition for Alampasu's recall and take your wailing to NFF.

Until then, Alampasu better reacquaint himself with NFF's social media handles and learn to Like and Comment if he wants anyone to remember him when they are compiling names. Players in obscure leagues are rarely remembered these days grin

Lol

I tire for all of una

Me observing and catching my fun grin

If to say na player i for chook mouth

All this goalkeeper issue dey very complicated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
You have not seen what Maduka can do, have you? So, what is paining you about his inclusion here? You can't even process where social media likes come into play here, do you think NFF would have invited Leon Balogun if he did not write them a letter many years ago?

He just got his invite, on what basis are you saying Alampasu should be invited over him? Did Alampasu not get his chance in this same team, some years back? Why cam another player get the same chance, irrespective of how undeserving you think he is?

You do not have the mental capacity to process the point I was trying to make, and that is fine, because even common sense is not common.

If you know you cannot take my rude manner, don't jump on my post next time. Look well, before you cross road.
Am done with you here. It is obvious you can't match the level of intelligence of my argument. You should stop dragging your personal dignity inside the mud.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
nice one brother, fashi wailing wailers lolz
Humility017:

let me tell you this...
you can't compare a goal keeper with world cup experience and la liga experience to alampasu not at all....

uzoho stand above him... for now.

and for maduka he was obviously called up to increase his stock... he will surely be dropped to the under 23...
probably rohr wanna use this match to further test his preparedness and to see how good he is....

but for alampasu he should go sort out his club issue out...I doubt if he is that good... uzoho in a la liga paved way for himself all from the team B so what is stopping alampasu from doing same?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy nice one!
safarigirl:
You people can start up a petition for Alampasu's recall and take your wailing to NFF.

Until then, Alampasu better reacquaint himself with NFF's social media handles and learn to Like and Comment if he wants anyone to remember him when they are compiling names. Players in obscure leagues are rarely remembered these days grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
ALAMPA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE BOBO STILL DEY FORM GOLDEN CLOVE WINNER WHILE 3RD CHOICE GOALIE FOR EM SET DON SURPASS BY DEBUTING IN A TOP LEAGUE,THE WORLD CUP AND AFCON AND CURRENTLY MORE ACTIVE IN TERMS OF CLUBSIDE FOOTBALL.

VERY SOON NOW, FIAAAAAM! OKOYE GO SURPASS AM TOO grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
This safarigirl funny sha .Maduka got a call up...somebody suggested Alampasu too should be tried out,she said no because Dele has not being playing. Then why was Maduka called up if he can't even put up a stellar performance in the 3rd division.. dem talk sey him dey like and comment on NFF page...Lmao...Like WTF.
las las u go dey alright.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

I tire for all of una

Me observing and catching my fun grin

If to say na player i for chook mouth

All this goalkeeper issue dey very complicated

I dey catch fun oh

When I mentioned Maduka on this thread last month, I was told he stands no chance to get called up. When asked, I said I would like him to be invited because he seems invested in the team and he puts himself out there on social media. He's always on NFF's handle, anything they post, he likes and comments.

I am so happy that he has gotten that call up, at least, I have been vindicated. I don't expect him to feature in the game, I am just glad he is in the conversation.

There was a time I was pro-Alampasu, but they invited him once and decided he didn't meet whatever criteria they set. Why should I linger on him?

Some people want to come and argue what is beyond their level of reasoning. People without coaching certificate at that grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Are u sure u are still OK? U kinda taking this thread too seriously, these days and it is affecting ur sense of reasoning and judgement. Man take it easy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
and who said alampasu have not been invited before by rohr?
mostob:
This safarigirl funny sha .Maduka got a call up...somebody suggested Alampasu too should be tried out,she said no because Dele has not being playing. Then why was Maduka called up if he can't even put up a stellar performance in the 3rd division.. dem talk sey him dey like and comment on NFF page...Lmao...Like WTF.
las las u go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:

THE BOBO STILL DEY FORM GOLDEN CLOVE WINNER WHILE 3RD CHOICE GOALIE FOR EM SET DON SURPASS BY DEBUTING IN A TOP LEAGUE,THE WORLD CUP AND AFCON AND CURRENTLY MORE ACTIVE IN TERMS OF CLUBSIDE FOOTBALL.

VERY SOON NOW, FIAAAAAM! OKOYE GO SURPASS AM TOO grin
grin grin

Like play like play o.

Na so Nwakali dey form MVP for U17, now Aribo don enter gist, before you know it, he will be a forgotten story.

This life na one chance, if you mess up, your juniors go relegate you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

LIKE and COMMENT like WTF
wetin you chop sef. So Uzoho is playing for Big club abi.?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
e be like say e no know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
too serious in what sense? ogbeni i have the right to post whatever i feel like posting once it is related to the super eagles and football in general. which kind question be that one if am ok? undecided
ChrisKels:

Are u sure u are still OK? U kinda taking this thread too seriously, these days and it is affecting ur sense of reasoning and judgement. Man take it easy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
How many matches did he played? Why didn't he get called up again? You guys will still be calling for Okoye head if he flop .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
my dear you ought to know that majority of the fans here love living and dwelling in the past cheesy

before you go talk now they will remind you of the goal nwakali jnr scored against an experimental ATM team in uyo or the number of accurate passes he had at the u17 level cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
safarigirl:
grin grin

Like play like play o.

Na so Nwakali dey form MVP for U17, now Aribo don enter gist, before you know it, he will be a forgotten story.

This life na one chance, if you mess up, your juniors go relegate you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
tbaba1234:

The bolded is wrong. Uzoho has kept 2 clean sheets already this season...He has been a regular for his club.

Which season? 2019/2020 Cyta Championship season that is yet to kick start? lipsrsealed

He only played two matches last season in that league and he didn't keep 2 cleans as you claim. Stop giving false information here.

He didn't even make the bench in other matches.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
mostob:
How many matches did he played? Why didn't he get called up again? You guys will still be calling for Okoye head if he flop .
LMAO

JAMB question

How many matches did he play....you think National team is club football that the coach has time to play you repeatedly? How many matches are played in a year?

This thing na one chance, if you fail, you have to go back and restrategize, nobody will call you again.

If na by who no get multiple chances, let us also recall Nwakali brothers, Musa Mohammed and Nwakaeme.

See wetin you dey talk....are you sure you're not forgiveness? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
and who told you okoye is coming to become the teams undisputed number 1? he was just invited so that the coaching crew will have a closer look at him. he won't even feature against Ukraine. alampasu have been called up more than trice by rohr since he tooke charge of the team
mostob:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
my dear you ought to know that majority of the fans here love living and dwelling in the past cheesy

before you go talk now they will remind you of the goal nwakali jnr scored against an experimental ATM team in uyo or the number of accurate passes he had at the u17 level cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nwakali deserves a second chance too, after all he scored against Atletico that year.

How many games did he even play before Rohr dropped him? Is it fair? E be like I go begin dey hold brief for Nwakali on this thread. It is not only Alampasu that deserves defenders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
Maduka should be with the U23s. I guess since the U23s aren't meeting up anytime soon - playing with SE isn't a bad idea.
Truth is we're severely lacking in the GK department. I'm perfectly fine with trying every goal keeper we have in any division provided we sort this thing out.
I wonder if Pinnick has reached out to the likes of Okonkwo and the kid at City?
Anyways, I still think Agu should be sacked. The guy has been doing nothing. When is Ikeme joining the coaching staff abeg?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
I thought we already established here, about a year ago, that Rohr likes to phase out players in batches?

Ezenwa's batch has not come. You cannot expect Rohr to drop two of his tournament-tested goalies for green horns at a go. Akpeyi has been phased out, alongside Ogu and Shehu for now. Ezenwa's time will come

How did Ezenwa get into the National team in the first place?

Definitely not the best in the league but how did a bench warmer in NPFL got invited over and over again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and who told you okoye is coming to become the teams undisputed number 1? he was just invited so that the coaching crew will have a closer look at him. he won't even feature against Ukraine. alampasu have been called up more than trice by rohr since he tooke charge of the team
well...I wish Okoye the best. He should continue to comment and like NFF posts so he wouldn't be descarded like Dele

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Alampasu started getting call ups in 2015, and couldn't seal a place. Rohr gave him his first feature, yet, some people think it's Maduka that is holding his destiny

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
ayaf die! you follow them? hahahahahahahaha nwakali have to sit up and sort his career out even if it means joing a club in one of the obscure leagues in europe,if not his name na sorry.

if say na indigenous coach dey in charge dem for use magomago put am for super eagles but as long as rohr is in charge he has to work hard to prove that he is up to scratch with what we have currently in the super eagles
safarigirl:
Nwakali deserves a second chance too, after all he scored against Atletico that year.

How many games did he even play before Rohr dropped him? Is it fair? E be like I go begin dey hold brief for Nwakali on this thread. It is not only Alampasu that deserves defenders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
mostob:

That coach is not different from Mr President.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
forgiveness:

How did Ezenwa get into the National team in the first place?

Definitely not the best in the league but how did a bench warmer in NPFL got invited over and over again?
He got in after he went to Spain with FC Ifeanyi Ubah for that invitational and played so well, a Spanish club wanted to sign him.

A bench warmer in the league got multiple invites, due to posting good performances multiple times in the national team, after all, he wasn't always a bench warmer.

Balogun is a bench warmer too, but his SE performances keep him coming back. Mikel was a bench warmer too, but we know what kept the invites coming.

Relax, one day, you won't see the bench warmer again, but I can't assure you Alampasu will be his replacement grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
forgiveness:

well..I wouldn't blame Rohr ...na that agu be the problem.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
my oga forgiveness grin
forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
hahahahahahaha!
safarigirl:
He got in after he went to Spain with FC Ifeanyi Ubah for that invitational and played so well, a Spanish club wanted to sign him.

A bench warmer in the league got multiple invites, due to posting good performances multiple times in the national team, after all, he wasn't always a bench warmer.

Balogun is a bench warmer too, but his SE performances keep him coming back. Mikel was a bench warmer too, but we know what kept the invites coming.

Relax, one day, you won't see the bench warmer again, but I can't assure you Alampasu will be his replacement grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
ayaf die! you follow them? hahahahahahahaha nwakali have to sit up and sort his career out even if it means joing a club in one of the obscure leagues in europe,if not his name na sorry.

if say na indigenous coach dey in charge dem for use magomago put am for super eagles but as long as rohr is in charge he has to work hard to prove that he is up to scratch with what we have currently in the super eagles
there is no need for him to sit up.

He just deserves a second chance in the super eagles, maybe it will help boost his club career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
mostob:
Lolz.. inviting him for appreciation... if this is the rationale behind getting call ups. . I would have played for the SE. The only way he can attract his suitor is his performances not some likes and comments.
if you no fit wise for Lagos you no fit wise for anywhere... you understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

Those players you mentioned above were able to perform in GWG because they got a lot of chance

(1) (2) (3) ... (6883) (6884) (6885) (6886) (6887) (6888) (6889) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, Danielnino00(m), bennie1980(m), Kog45(m), Napoleon55(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.