Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,902 members, 7,863,101 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944638 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) ... (16356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
Did Rohr take any Nwakali brother to any tournament of note? Did he even feature them in a game?

If you are going to bribe someone, it should be for something tangible, not just for National team invites. Anybody can be invited to the National team, but when shady folks are involved in actual tournaments, that is when I will take these accusations against Rohr seriously.

To the best of my knowledge, Rohr did not take anybody to any tournament, that was out of place, based on antecedents. If you want to accuse Rohr, do so intelligently, please.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
Eartquake1:

What was Ezenwa's last bad match in the GWG?

It is not about bad match but meriting the call up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gentlewarrior1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
This would be really awesome.
Ndidi in Athletico madrid

Abeg o i strongly hope they are serious.
It will be very good deal for both the player and club

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2019
Samson siasia banned for life by FIFA

see how local coaches end their career

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

When Nwakaeme brother stated that Siasia demanded bribe from him. You were one of Siasia biggest defenders.

I said until I see proof. Not that he is a saint. But, I will not jump on anyone's remark of saying Siasia took bribe without proof. Maybe you do not know that real match fixers actually bribe players to fix the game. Not to collect money from players to play them.

This case is that of match fixing, not collecting bribe to play players.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
If true, then this is crazy. There is no way Siasia should not be invited to clear his name. Anyone can come up with malicious statements. Hearing both sides of the story is key to judging what happened.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I said until I see proof. Not that he is a saint. But, I will not jump on anyone's remark of saying Siasia took bribe without proof. Maybe you do not know that real match fixers actually bribe players to fix the game. Not to collect money from players to play them.

This case is that of match fixing, not collecting bribe to play players.

He collected bribe to fix match, you think he does not collect bribe for other things. Accusations against Siasia are plenty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

He collected bribe to fix match, you think he does not collect bribe for other things. Accusations against Siasia are plenty.

Fixing match is much more difficult and complex, Siasia would be a die hard criminal to accept such deal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
What the fvck is this?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Why are people surprised about this Siasia thing?? We all know he had his "boys" but folks didn't mind because he played great football and mostly did well.
This brings me back to Rohr...at the end of the day, results is all that matters.
If Rohr wins the next AFCON while taking players like Okoye - I don't think many people will complain. It was the same with Keshi till he started flopping and NFF pounced leading him to cave in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

Those Nwakeme brothers should tell us the position his brother plays and the player he was to play ahead. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
Eartquake1:
What the fvck is this?
na so Nairaland don dey do since yesterday, amongst other errors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
Eartquake1:

Fixing match is much more difficult and complex, Siasia would be a die hard criminal to accept such deal

Ironically, fixing match is far easier than collecting bribes to field players. A good example is for instance, number of fouls in a game. All you need is a player or two to do your biddings and be reckless in their fouls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Those Nwakeme brothers should tell us the position his brother plays and the player he was to play ahead. Simple.

That does not matter in that case. The question is was bribe demanded? That is the only question.

Bribe allegations have faced Siasia for a long time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
If true, then this is crazy. There is no way Siasia should not be invited to clear his name. Anyone can come up with malicious statements. Hearing both sides of the story is key to judging what happened.

It is all bluster.. He will not be banned for life if there was not overwhelming evidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

That does not matter in that case. The question is was bribe demanded? That is the only question.

Bribe allegations have faced Siasia for a long time.

I asked, was the bribe demanded by Siasia or a coaching crew member or agent. These questions must be answered. When you make an allegation, you must stand and prove it to an extent.

Salisu collecting bribe does not make Rohr a bribe taker.

Was it Siasia that told them? If he paid, would he start ahead of players I think like Nsofor and Osaze? I do not believe without more points. Anyone can accuse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

It is all bluster.. He will not be banned for life if there was not overwhelming evidence

That is why Siasia should have been invited. Shown the overwhelming evidence. We need to know if it is just word of mouth or detailed proof of transactions.

They can not just stay in their offices and just ban someone like that.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
komekn:

Educate me please what's a DLP

Is Nwakali better than Onomah, Ebere, Osayi, even the Fred Onyedinma who hus career has taken a big dip to go in the doldrums.
Deep Lying Playmaker. He's not an AM like the names you mentioned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I asked, was the bribe demanded by Siasia or a coaching crew member or agent. These questions must be answered. When you make an allegation, you must stand and prove it to an extent.

Salisu collecting bribe does not make Rohr a bribe taker.

Was it Siasia that told them? If he paid, would he start ahead of players I think like Nsofor and Osaze? I do not believe without more points. Anyone can accuse.

The man clearly stated that Siasia demanded a bribe from him years ago.. Do you know how good he was then? Did Ndifreke not start most games in the last olympics inspite of his limited ability?

We all know that Siasia has his boys.. Was Solomon Okoronkwo not invited to the super eagles when he was clubless?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is why Siasia should have been invited. Shown the overwhelming evidence. We need to know if it is just word of mouth or detailed proof of transactions.

Time will tell.
they can. They have.

If you tell a thief he stole, he will even deny on his mother's grave

If he has a case, he knows where to go. We wish him the best moving forward
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2019
Okereke, Dennis and Tau start for Club Brugge

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Time will tell.

Siasia is not been truthful. The letter clearly stated that Siasia has been notified of their decision.

He can go ahead and fight the decision but they definitely have good evidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2019
safarigirl:
they can. They have.

If you tell a thief he stole, he will even deny on his mother's grave

If he has a case, he knows where to go. We wish him the best moving forward

Why do you think we have the term defence in court? Defence is to help save innocent people from false allegations. If that person is innocent and suspected to be a thief, he should defend himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

Siasia is not been truthful. The letter clearly stated that Siasia has been notified of their decision.

He can go ahead and fight the decision but they definitely have good evidence.

I think we should wait and get the details of what is going on. The letter said they notified Siasia, Siasia said he did not know about anything.

Not because they said, I will lap it like a dog.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Why do you think we have the term defence in court? Defence is to help save innocent people from false allegations. If that person is innocent and suspected to be a thief, he should defend himself.

Like I said, he knows where to go. We await what becomes of the situation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I think we should wait and get the details of what is going on. The letter said they notified Siasia, Siasia said he did not know about anything.

Not because they said, I will lap it like a dog.
For FIFA to ban this guy so suddenly and out of the blue means either they've been building up a case or they came across iron clad evidence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

Your analysis of Osimhen and Chukwueze always seems unbalanced. You give several excuses for the failures of Onyedimma and Iorfa but fail to extend same to these players who are doing much better.

Even your comparison between Okereke and Osimhen lacked balance because you barely gave Osimhen credit when he was scoring in Belgium.

Thankfully you used the term seems without actually stating exactly what l have said, how can you measure and balance it

So with regards to Osimhen, Chukwueze and Okereke l can not respond because l don't know what specifically to respond too.

However, with Osimhen. I have acknowledged his good goal tally, but l have not gone euphoric about it. Unless you wish for me to have a delusional over stated view about it. That would be highly unbalanced the very think you are accusing me of being UNBALANCED.

Opinion of players are never static they continously move up and down, and so do my opinion change as the players performances change.

Initially I expected great things from Onyedinma winning MOTM awards at 17 in the Championship and courted by all the big clubs. I have called him unwise and foolishly sentimenal in his childish loyalty to Millwall. I have berated him, but please give me one instance l have called for him in the last 18 months and or given excuses for him.

Dominic Iorfa l have given an explanation based on unfair treatment and double standard by the NFF. That's not an excuse but an indictment.

I talked about in depth the extenuating and exceptional circumstances surrounding his former club Wolves. A consequence that resulted in an English FA investigation into the ownership of the club by proxy with Mendes super agent in control.

The project Wolves has worked they had more Portuguese derived players than Porto and Sporting and are now seemingly big players in the EPL.

Dominic was frozen out through football politics after 2017 summer not before. He made his commitment to the NFF in January 2017 visited by Rohr nit long after and promises made but never fulfilled why

Fast forward Dominic joins Sheffield Wednesday and after 11 games playing as RB he was outstanding scoring three goals in the process.

So can you tell me where l have made any EXCUSES for him based on poor performance and or inability to meet the standard. I have never said that Iorfa the best Defender CB or RB in the Championship. He always been outstanding throughout the very larger percentage of his career at his young age he has played 6 seasons of professional football and near 130 games.

Is that a career that you in your esteemed position thinks needs EXCUSES
❓ ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2019
edi287:

For FIFA to ban this guy so suddenly and out of the blue means either they've been building up a case or they came across iron clad evidence

They started the investigation on Siasia in February.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

The man clearly stated that Siasia demanded a bribe from him years ago.. Do you know how good he was then? Did Ndifreke not start most games in the last olympics inspite of his limited ability?

We all know that Siasia has his boys.. Was Solomon Okoronkwo not invited to the super eagles when he was clubless?

You can say Siasia should not call someone. You can say you suspect Siasia of favouring his boys. Note having boys is different from collecting money to field players.

Either way, I will wait to see what happens as the event unfolds.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2019
edi287:

Deep Lying Playmaker. He's not an AM like the names you mentioned.

The hard brutal facts are that you can call him anything you like DLP, AM, FAM( fast attacking midfielder) etc. Etc

You can get away from the fact is that he has been overwhelmingly WOEFUL. You may wish to hold in to youthful past glories but thats all history and completely irrelevant to professional first team football.

As it stands now he would struggle to get into and make a stand playing English non league football.

Until he starts to look perform he should not even be mentioned here. Otherwise we would also be justified in mentioning all the Nigerian origin players in non league and youth teams across Europe and or other obscure leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
charlesemeka85:
no one is perfect in any profession. great tacticians like fergie,wenger,ancelotti,robson,capello,lippi,trapatoni just to name a few were prone to mistakes.

rohr is never the best for the team but all i appreciate about his is the work he has done so far when he took over. our beloved super eagles was in a mess and ranked 66th in the world and a laughing stock in the whole of africa but today the reverse is the case.

even if rohr leaves his post today i will forever appreciate the good work he did. his impact is evident and positive as well. winning laurels is not the only parameter to determine how successful a team is but i am confident that in due time the trophies will come with the present foundation the team is laid on now.

Agreed without reservation but one addition he Rohr should be COMMENDED and if possible give am Naija wife and Chieftancy title.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6893) (6894) (6895) (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) ... (16356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jefersoun, Psittacus(m), immobilare(m), Odunayaw(m), Goke7, 7demons, ChrisKels and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.