Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,750 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11965197 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6968) (6969) (6970) (6971) (6972) (6973) (6974) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

We keep using the Olympics in 2016 to rate Azubuike. What has he done since??

Same u guys re still rating nacho with his "freekick prowess" in d national team for d past two years..what has he done too..?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
andrew444:

Who no get better club bros?

Was talking about the time he was in Egypt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

Same u guys re still rating nacho with his "freekick prowess" in d national team for d past two years..what has he done too..?

You are talking to the wrong person. I have been very critical of Kelechi's progress.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

Did he dominate then or he just had a good game?

I didnt said he had a good game

But dont judge a player by man of the match thats all i am trying to pass
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
andrew444:

I didnt said he had a good game

But dont judge a player by man of the match thats all i am trying to pass

What got me started was the statement that he had a dominant game..

He is a decent player.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

You are talking to the wrong person. I have been very critical of Kelechi's progress.

oga...u think i dont knw you..u re part of nachos crew..i av been following dis thread for a very long time as a ghost reader,i only comment once in a wyle..d only difference btw you and those who support nacho "blindly" is dt u re mature abt it"most ppu wont knw it here...u stylishly gnashed ur teeth here when he was ommited from d afcon squad when it was obvious nacho doesnt worth been on d plane as a fan let alone of been a plaeyr to d tourney

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

oga...u think i dont knw you..u re part of nachos crew..i av been following dis thread for a very long time as a ghost reader,i only comment once in a wyle..d only difference btw you and those who support nacho "blindly" is dt u re mature abt it"most ppu wont knw it here...u stylishly gnashed ur teeth here when he was ommited from d afcon squad when it was obvious nacho doesnt worth been on d plane as a fan let alone of been a plaeyr to d tourney

Lol. I was one of the people who advocated for Kelechi to be dropped.

You do not follow the thread well enough obviously.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/5506#75634318
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
azubuike have always been a decent player but the issue is can he bring something different to the team? what super eagles need is a Cm who can push the ball forward,assist,score and help out defensively too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
answer the question instead of running around it

I am not running around it. With that kind of logic, its difficult for you to see things from a different perspective. Hence u no need answer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

What got me started was the statement that he had a dominant game..

He is a decent player.

Alright bro

Got you now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2019
komekn:

This is disappointing from you. even when l disagree with you l still get some level of rationality although it may be deviously twisted.

Players dont remain consistent in one level of performance it's either up or down.

l haven't talked about Onyedinma for two seasons. IMO his misplaced emotive loyalty to Millwall has caused his career to have lost momentum. Two seasons ago when Ian Holloway was Manager after leaving Millwall tried to buy him for QPR and also Watford an EPL team put in an offer for him. He declined both offers.

Then decided to stay with the quintessential kick and rush, blood and guts English Manager Neil Harris at Millwall. Very ill-advised decision. His good friend now being celebrated was still at Millwall

Fast forward things got so bad that Fred, I commend his boldness refused to play for Millwall and Harris. Deciding to go on loan to league one with Wycombe Wanderers than stay at Millwall playing police game instead. He has now made that move permanent. I know that he is playing good football and he is rising upwards. In a sense stepping down to step up it is a wise move that should pay in the long term hopefully.

However he has not done enough to merit a call to the SE in my opinion. That's why l haven't talked about him for two seasons. I haven't said he is not good enough just not done anything to justify a call up.

Unlike many here who still talk about past glories for player inclusion and historical achievements, I SIMPLY DO NOT.

If that's your basis for indictment historical notification then i am very guilty.

Having all these facts not suppositions, what on earth had Fred Onyedinma got to do with the discussion as it stands now. ? ❓

I think you are being comical unlike however unlike us "Warri Pikin" you are simply NOT FUNNY AT ALL. In case you considered a career in comedy.

One more thing l challenge you to mention just one MEDIOCRE PLAYER I HAVE CALLED FOR

You have no level of rationality

You will praise oyendimma because maybe he is your favoured english brought up or whatever

Lol,i didnt tell you i am trying to be funny nah, and mind you i just said you are a comedian just because warri people are many in the comedy business not that they are the most funniest part of delta state self, and mind you i am from delta state and i know alot about warri, lets see that for another day as this is just a football talk

50 percent of the players you have always voice out for are MEDIOCRE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
azubuike have always been a decent player but the issue is can he bring something different to the team? what super eagles need is a Cm who can push the ball forward,assist,score and help out defensively too

At the bolded, na craze dey your big head , so you know this thing since and you dey talk nonsense?

Concerning the rest part about you saying can he really bring something different, I dont really know what to say sha

But if you are talking about helping defensively, Zuby is 100 percent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
kennysville:

Was talking about the time he was in Egypt

Okay bro got you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
Looks like Maja might be joining the team in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
Humility017:

Lol..... Azubuike only good for the Turkish league....

even onomah I rate ahead of him..... Dude is no where near those aglo-Nigerians you mentioned

Hmmmmm

I smell something here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

I think that list should have been for testing new players than calling all the players that just finished playing the afcon

He should have included maja at first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
lols if you have nothing different to offer the team then you are not good enough.
andrew444:

At the bolded, na craze dey your big head , so you know this thing since and you dey talk nonsense?

Concerning the rest part about you saying can he really bring something different, I dont really know what to say sha

But if you are talking about helping defensively, Zuby is 100 percent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Please any video clip of this onyedimma guy, let me watch abeg... I have heard his name and so many excuse for him that I'd like to see a vid of him play...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
yea he may get a chance in the game and rohr insinuated that they are lads like maja who he is looking at in england but their case is different by cus of having capped by the english fa at various youth level which will need more time to clear them for nigeria.

I guess he is directing that to the case of ejaria and eberechi eze grin
tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
actually dude was doing well at millwall and attracted some epl clubs of which watford were serious signing him but he turned the offer down. since then his career have nosedived and he is now in league 1
Starboytwo:
Please any video clip of this onyedimma guy, let me watch abeg... I have heard his name and so many excuse for him that I'd like to see a vid of him play...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Isaac success was rated the second best player yesterday while playing from the left wing, I hope he brings that form to the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
he needs to leave watford and england entirely. a move to the french league or back to spain may resurrect his career. imagine playing 2nd fiddle to owo like welbeck and co?
andrew444:
Isaac success was rated man of the match yesterday while playing from the left wing, I hope he brings that form to the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he needs to leave watford and england entirely. a move to the french league or back to spain may resurrect his career. imagine playing 2nd fiddle to owo like welbeck and co?

Agreed , but he didnt use his chance, hope you know this guy started so many games in the epl last season?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
i think his problem is loss of focus and determination. success is a very talented lad but sometimes talent is not enough. signing the watford contract made him believe that he has arrived when they are alot to achieve in the future.

sitting on the bench and waiting for caraboa and FA cup games wont help his current situation but playing week in week out with intensive training will. he is among the lads i expected alot that left me disappointed. sad
andrew444:

Agreed , but he didnt use his chance, hope you know this guy started so many games in the epl last season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i think his problem is loss of focus and determination. success is a very talented lad but sometimes talent is not enough. signing the watford contract made him believe that he has arrived when they are alot to achieve in the future.

sitting on the bench and waiting for caraboa and FA cup games wont help his current situation but playing week in week out with intensive training will. he is among the lads i expected alot that left me disappointed. sad

Agreed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/5426#75136829
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
tbaba1234:

Ejaria and Eze have aldo stated their intention to play for Nigeria at senior level.

You are right, he isn't consistent.

Azubuike is a decent player but is he going to improve our midfield? Change the result against Algeria? No.

You asked if he would improve our midfield? The answer is Yes. He brings something different from the guys we currently have there. Don't mistaken the word different. He has the same engine etebo brings into play, he wins the ball back cleanly as Ndidi & in addition pass the ball incisively better than the duo. Tbaba, have always admire your views & i still do. You see, most nigerians judge a player by their career path & not objectively enough on their innate quality. I'm not advocating for his inclusion in the NT for have seen him play their before but he's quality.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
na wey em still dey turkey like for ever cheesy
zoboizee:

You asked if he would improve our midfield? The answer is Yes. He brings something different from the guys we currently have there. Don't mistaken the word different. He has the same engine etebo brings into play, he wins the ball back cleanly as Ndidi & in addition pass the ball incisively better than the duo. Tbaba, have always admire you views & i still do. You see, most nigerians judge a player by their career path & not objectively enough on their innate quality. I'm not advocating for his inclusion in the NT for have seen him play their before but he's quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
zoboizee:

You asked if he would improve our midfield? The answer is Yes. He brings something different from the guys we currently have there. Don't mistaken the word different. He has the same engine etebo brings into play, he wins the ball back cleanly as Ndidi & in addition pass the ball incisively better than the duo. Tbaba, have always admire you views & i still do. You see, most nigerians judge a player by their career path & not objectively enough on their innate quality. I'm not advocating for his inclusion in the NT for have seen him play their before but he's quality.

I was a fan of Azubuike after the Olympics but since then, i think he has depreciated. It is easy to show a few clips that show the best moments in a match for a player.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2019
zoboizee:

You asked if he would improve our midfield? The answer is Yes. He brings something different from the guys we currently have there. Don't mistaken the word different. He has the same engine etebo brings into play, he wins the ball back cleanly as Ndidi & in addition pass the ball incisively better than the duo. Tbaba, have always admire your views & i still do. You see, most nigerians judge a player by their career path & not objectively enough on their innate quality. I'm not advocating for his inclusion in the NT for have seen him play their before but he's quality.

Like I said some pages back...base on national team performance/colors,if I were to b rohr,I would bench eida etebo or ndidi for him..its obvious from d Olympic days dt he's a better ball passer,he has every oda qualities d duo we re using in d midfield atm, but d passing skill in him,its better dan d duo, my opinion wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6968) (6969) (6970) (6971) (6972) (6973) (6974) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.