Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11649214 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7081) (7082) (7083) (7084) (7085) (7086) (7087) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Oga, you are not knocking on any super eagles door. Focus on your career, help get your club promoted then we can talk.

I love the conference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
Meliforme:
And his passes and overall play were piss poor?
I said he was decent but easy on the hype if he was all you said he is he wouldn't be playing in Turkey

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Hmm, the way we played on the counter today is good for away games. Etebo is not an AM. Aribo is not an AM. Creativity will be affected.

My midfield will be Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi. Ndidi will play in a similar way as leicester instead of the double pivot. I love the fact that Aribo gets into the box and can get goals.

If we have to defend, Etebo can replace Aribo.
I totally agree with your Post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
Joebie:
Talking about depth. Looking to the future grin
Chukwueze on the bench?.. what is so special about this Lookman?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Former Arsenal midfielder Kelechi Nwakali says he is still the heir apparent to John Obi Mikel and is a targeting a recall to the Nigeria national team ahead of the start of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

The Diamond Academy product is one of the players tipped to replace the retired Mikel in the Super Eagles but manager Gernot Rohr did not look his way when he announced his roster for the recent friendly against Ukraine.

Though Nwakali has not played competitively this season, he sparkled as the Dream Team VII qualified for the U23 Africa Cup of Nations following their 5-0 rout of Sudan in Asaba on Tuesday.

''I am still the heir apparent (to Mikel),'' Kelechi Nwakali told reporters post-da.

''I believe my own is to do the playing and whenever it is time for me to come I am always available.

''It is always an honour to represent Nigeria. Of course, I am still knocking on the door of the Super Eagles, that's why we keep playing every day.''

The new SD Huesca signing has captained the Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles in the past and knows what it takes to prepare for major tournaments including the U23 AFCON which holds in Egypt in November.

''The only thing I have to say is the Federation should support the team, the coach I believe he knows what is at stake.

''The main thing first is to go there to pick up the ticket to the Olympics, even if we don't win the competition, picking up the ticket is the most important thing, so one step at a time,'' Nwakali added.

He concluded by praising his teammates and Nigeria U23 coaching staff led by Imama Amapakabo for the big win against Sudan.

''Personally I take every game to improve myself, I know that footballers we can have bad days but we try all our possible best to make every game count for us.

''We put up a good performance to turn the game from 1-0 to 5-1, I must commend the coach, he did a very good job during the training sessions and the team as a whole for putting up a good performance.''

Kelechi Nwakali was named in an official Nigeria squad for the first time in August 2018 ahead of an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles.

This one is already crowning himself

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2019
Earthquake1:
I watched the highlights and I can say that Ekong is not a top level defender

are you surprised the brutal truth is that none of our defenders are top level just average I'm slightly above average we can only continue to search for a top level one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
chrisooblog:
are you surprised the brutal truth is that none of our defenders are top level just average I'm slightly above average we can only continue to search for a top level one

Ekong is particularly susceptible to mistakes

If he plays at a high level like Udinese in Serie A then Balogun would be boss there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
Does the super eagles still need Ahmed Musa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Yes a sub...my opinion... When d defenders tired...kinda a 75mins sub in...I still prefer him to simon wink

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
Earthquake1:

Ekong is particularly susceptible to mistakes

If he plays at a high level like Udinese in Serie A then Balogun would be boss there

Ekong played very well yday...I was surprise he barely played misplaced passes, his passes were on point..though he allowed some runnings thru him by Morales.. But overall he was okay..he played fine wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Oga, you are not knocking on any super eagles door. Focus on your career, help get your club promoted then we can talk.

Don't mind him.
Let him be bragging. It is when he clock 25 years and still at the door knocking before he will know he needs to work hard at club level

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
Earthquake1:

This one is already crowning himself

Funny isn't it.

Its called self-delusion. Its curable but it has to start from within

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Respectfully no.

Same way we no linger need Balogun (unless he finds a new club and starts playing regularly) and Ezenwa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
Humility017:

please I beg you in nairaland's name..keep super eagles out of this...

just because they could beat a lowly rated Sudan shouldn't make you to start recommend them for the super eagles....

let them play for CHAN first
and from there we can tell if they're good enough for super eagles bench

Gbam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

OGBENI...D DAY ROHR INVITES ZUBY TO OUR NATIONAL TEAM,JUST DRINK SNIPER OF 500NAIRA..DTS UR SOLUTION

No need for insults bro

Its a mature thread and we are one here. If you mist criticize, do so without acerbic words. Once again, we are one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Indirectly telling u guys azubuike is better than ndidi cheesy cheesy cheesy

This zuby of a guy has been hyped to high heavens and some have even compared him to Ndidi. Maybe, they know better than European scouts. If he was this good, he would be playing in a top four league.

For me, I don't even know the lad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Back to the molly whopping don by our dream team. Sanusi Ibrahim is the next top npfl player to come out of nowhere. Our CB pairing can play for the Super Eagles right now. I have never seen Imama coach a good defense, this seems weird. Normally his catch phrase is you score one I score two. We will miss Zuby and Nwakali at the tournament no doubt about that but this team will be very solid.

Please note that we played Sudan and not a top level team.

I advice we wait till we start appraising this guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
darkelf:

Abi o..

There are levels to this football thing. How is sudan under 23 a proper guage for who is ready for the super eagles?

Let us see them in the AFCON and in the Olympics if they qualify. Then we might have an idea on who is ready for the super eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Abi o..

There are levels to this football thing. How is sudan under 23 a proper guage for who is ready for the super eagles?

Let us see them in the AFCON and in the Olympics if they qualify. Then we might have an idea on who is ready for the super eagles.

Exactly my point sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
darkelf:

If they had played poorly people will say they were poor so let me big up them small. I am only saying what I saw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:
Aribo gives you goals. Already 4 goals for Rangers. 1 for Nigeria. Ndidi and Etebo contribute no goals.

Aribo has to start.
I feel like increasing the figures in your account bro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

Abi o..

But you can use Sudan to determine who is not ready abi? Btw I never said they should be called up and I even cleared that up with oga Icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
chrisooblog:
I said he was decent but easy on the hype if he was all you said he is he wouldn't be playing in Turkey

But you didn't say this about Aribo who is in Scotland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
U dey mind dem lolz
darkelf:

This zuby of a guy has been hyped to high heavens and some have even compared him to Ndidi. Maybe, they know better than European scouts. If he was this good, he would be playing in a top four league.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
elyte89:

Ekong played very well yday...I was surprise he barely played misplaced passes, his passes were on point..though he allowed some runnings thru him by Morales.. But overall he was okay..he played fine wink

His lack of defensive awareness exposed our defense

He almost got a red for an attempted shirt grab on a Ukraine player, we need to upgrade on Ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:
If we can Lookman, no. But we all know Rohr will keep playing till he leaves.
Rohr is clearly a fan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
edi287:

If we can Lookman, no. But we all know Rohr will keep playing till he leaves.
Rohr is clearly a fan.

Rohr respects him as the team's captain

Dassall

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
darkelf:

Not all players in top leagues worth it...I can mention 6players playing for man united who doesn't worth putting on dt shirt let alone of making d bench or being in first eleven...some things happen naturally or let me say by luck

No b all first class graduates get rich later in life...as for me,I don't really c what our present DM'S ARE Doing @ d Moment dt he can't do..with his passing abilities sef,e get edge wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
Highlight of Dream team vs Sudan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhtJ-_Jdsd8

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
tbaba1234:

I think Rohr is a major reason why we are approaching a golden age in terms of talent. Invitations to the super eagles are more on merit now. Our players are moving to the big leagues to get attention of national team selectors.

We know how poor team selection used to be.

I understand the frustration with Rohr but he has met every target expected of him. If we are replacing Rohr, we must get someone who is tactically better and someone who will not invite junk players.

There is no point sacking him if we get a coach that will ignore our best players for crucial games.
No one is disputing the fact that Rohr is responsible for procuring exciting talents. His tactical deficiency, rigidity and inability to read games is what were talking about. It's costing the team favorable results towards the final minutes of our matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
U go celebrate this win against sudan for 6 months cheesy
BascoVanVeli:
Highlight of Dream team vs Sudan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhtJ-_Jdsd8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
Alex Iwobi was a nightmare to the Ukrainian defenders during yesterday's friendly game and provided the assist for Joe Aribo's goal in the opening minutes of the encounter.

The winger has forced his way into Everton's starting line-up despite missing pre-season training and he is justifying Marco Silva's trust with impressive performances for the Merseyside outfit.

The Portuguese gaffer believes that Iwobi has added a new dimension to Everton's attacking play with the club scoring seven goals in two starts made by the Nigerian.

Speaking to Everton's official website, Silva said : ''He has quality in that final decision. In our attack he is a really important player.

''He can see the space, he can see the solutions, he can see his teammates in the best position to score.

''In those moments he will help us, because in our last decision he will raise the level of our squad.''

The 23-year-old is expected to retain his spot in Silva's starting line-up when the Toffees travel to the Vitality Stadium to battle Jordon Ibe's Bournemouth on Sunday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7081) (7082) (7083) (7084) (7085) (7086) (7087) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.