Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11859879 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7120) (7121) (7122) (7123) (7124) (7125) (7126) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:57am On Sep 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Unpopular opinion. Liverpool don win league. Man city don't have enough to make it to January without Laporte.

Agreed as a Man city fan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
Odunayaw:
You can use formwork to support your head while you're shaking it.

How can't you comprehend that Monaco is the glittering substance I am talking about.
I still stand by my opinion that Monaco is a ship Onyekuru shouldn't have boarded.

Because they are not playing well right now, if they have been doing well you would not say so

If osimhen lille have not been doing well i am sure you will also say the same, many of you would have been ranting that he should have stayed at chaleroi for 1 more season

Na una nah, Nigerians anywhere belle face, abi no be una wey i know for here, once super eagles loose or draw match una dey get 2000 mouth so am not surprised

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Unpopular opinion. Liverpool don win league. Man city don't have enough to make it to January without Laporte.

Laporte is not an excuse

Liverpool are favorite for now but i watched them dropped 7 points last season, i remember when i said city will win the league last season many here disagree with me because i started saying that from about when it was 7 to 10 point gap by liverpool

Never say never

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
Arsenal's Post-Iwobi era: Just for fun

Focus on David Luiz wink

For Chelsea:
160 Premier League games
3 penalties conceded

For Arsenal:
4 Premier League games
2 penalties conceded

David Luiz is learning fast. He's been studying hard. Currently on a book written by Shkodran Mustafi while Pepe keeps dancing Awilo in an arsenal shirt... grin

Courtesy: BR Football grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geekyviral: 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
Mujtahida:
@all on the matter of balance, here's a greater part of the article written by solace chukwu on the medium(take note of the bolded) https://medium.com/solace-on/now-that-we-are-born-again-part-1-bd0b2c6dd07a

You may have noticed that much of our play comes down the right side of the attack. I make it 8 of our 12 goals were a result of build-up/a passage of play from that flank. That is a staggering percentage. Two have come down the middle, two from the left (one of those a corner). See what’s wrong with this picture?
[img]https://geekyviral.com/best-pc-games-under-1gb/
[/img]
Victor Moses has the rights of democracy to roam wherever he pleases, creating overloads. He invariably drifts to the right to link up with Moses Simon, who holds width rigidly on that side, opening up the channel between the opposing full-back and the near-sided centre-back. Odion Ighalo as well tends more naturally that way, so we end up with a cluster.
Not to say there is anything wrong with this in and of itself. As a matter of fact, creating superiority in certain zones is the very key to unlocking defences. However, we won’t be playing Zambia, Cameroon and Algeria at the World Cup (no disrespect to them); what’s going to happen when teams realise we have no left-sided width?
The reason overloads work is that, in creating superiority in one zone, you force the opponent to commit more resources there in order not to be undermanned, weakening them somewhere else. You overload on one side, and you finish on the other where the opponent is now underloaded.
However, when our entire attacking band shifts over to one side, we have to have a threat on the other. Else, the opponent can simply commit one more player than we have in that zone and squeeze, safe in the knowledge that no one is taking advantage.
In theory, you want Elderson Echiejile pushing up into that area and holding the width on the left. The benefit of that goes beyond even attacks: once the ball is lost it, his presence in that advances area makes it impossible for the opponent to escape an immediate press by simply switching the ball to the far side.
As it is, our attacking play is quite blatantly unbalanced, and you can be sure whoever comes out of the hat for us at the World Cup will have noticed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You better don't bank on that.

The number of times Liverpool had bottled the league, is enough for them to be on 25 league titles by now. They are perpetual bottlers. Although this season might be different, but a professional gambler won't put their money on them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2019
[quote author=geekyviral post=82283555][/quote]

How is this post relevant to today's discussion?. Both Echiejile, Moses and Ighalo have left the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheTega(m): 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
Episode 4 of The Viewing Center Podcast is out (Football Podcast)
Season 2

This Week we discussed

- Arsenal in Tears
- Chances of Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori playing for Super Eagles
- Pressure on Ansu Fati
- PSG fans and Neymar
- Travelling Around Nigeria
- Lagos Struggles

ITUNES: https://podcasts.apple.com/ng/podcast/arsenal-in-tears-norwich-stun-man-city-tammy-abraham/id1450713809?i=1000449965864

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5X9LkYQKdMmlPlNGh6YBDR

Download: https://www.360nobs.com/2019/09/download-the-viewing-center-podcast-arsenal-in-tears/

Search: THE VIEWING CENTER on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcast, Pocketcast or any Podcast app you USE

Follow on twitter @viewcenterpod

Thank you for the support.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

Laporte is not an excuse

Liverpool are favorite for now but i watched them dropped 7 points last season, i remember when i said city will win the league last season many here disagree with me because i started saying that from about when it was 7 to 10 point gap by liverpool

Never say never

How good would Liverpool be without Virgil van Dijk? It is ridiculous to say Laporte is not an excuse

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
timay:

You better don't bank on that.

The number of times Liverpool had bottled the league, is enough for them to be on 25 league titles by now. They are perpetual bottlers. Although this season might be different, but a professional gambler won't put their money on them

I am not a pro gambler ooo I am just saying what I see. You can't win with man city's defenders, even if they had Messi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

How good would Liverpool be without Virgil van Dijk? It is ridiculous to say Laporte is not an excuse

He is not, afterall pep won one of his leagues title without him, yes i know he is their best defender

With van dijk liverpool didnt win the league, liverpool are favorite as they are on top, but i will still wait till about 20 games

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2019
charlesemeka85:
That guy is the worst striker in the epl and I still wonder how he gets to start for a decent the like Everton. Na only jump and run em sabi

The small matter of a guy called David Unsworth.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Arsenal fans sef ..thank God Iwobi is no more with us,they would have blamed the poor boy yesterday. Don't sell Iwobi ,they said NO...OK where is the replacement? dem talk sey na Martina and Benson....
BTW Pepe is not shit... Emery is just being foolish.
Nonsense and okpotu.
All arsenal fans here should have it in mind that as long as Emery is still is charge,we ain't playing UCL. That man was cursed with Europa league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
That's my boy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
mostob:
Arsenal fans sef ..thank God Iwobi is no more with us,they would have blamed the poor boy yesterday. Don't sell Iwobi ,they said NO...OK where is the replacement? dem talk sey na Martina and Benson....
BTW Pepe is not shit... Emery is just being foolish.
Nonsense and okpotu.
All arsenal fans here should have it in mind that as long as Emery is still is charge,we ain't playing UCL. That man was cursed with Europa league.

Even the Arsenal fans here do blame Iwobi not just the British ones Bt the ones on this super eagles thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
Our man Emmanuel emenike has joined westerlo

He has had a wonderful career sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
jihday:
That's my boy
I wish Isaac Success and Kelechi can emulate this guy even though he is younger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

Even the Arsenal fans here do blame Iwobi not just the British ones Bt the ones on this super eagles thread
some just don't know the value of something until they lose it. Am still feeling the pain of his sale. Infact ..Mr macho (kolasinac) has been having bad game since he left.
BTW .. I dey gbadun this Ansu guy o.He will get us goals hopefully and of course, Suarez will sit up and get small sense.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

Because they are not playing well right now, if they have been doing well you would not say so

If osimhen lille have not been doing well i am sure you will also say the same, many of you would have been ranting that he should have stayed at chaleroi for 1 more season

Na una nah, Nigerians anywhere belle face, abi no be una wey i know for here, once super eagles loose or draw match una dey get 2000 mouth so am not surprised
Monaco didn't play well last season and so we have a precedence to judge by, Lille had a better season last time and it'd have been a shock if they were poor this season. Just the way the fortunes of Villarreal was last season in comparison with their good past.

I don't know why you're diving in with your emotions and your 2000 mouth. My opinion remains the same as it was even while his transfer was still dicey.
There's nothing Monaco is offering him (I dare say will offer him- this season) that Galatasaray hasn't & won't give him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
West Brom defender Semi Ajayi and Queens Park Rangers attacking midfielder Eberechi Eze have been named in the official English Football League Team of the Week, a reward for their outstanding displays on game week seven.

An ever present for The Baggies in the starting line-up this season, the Nigeria international netted a crucial equaliser as his team played out a 1-1 draw with fellow promotion hopefuls Fulham at Craven Cottage.

It was his first goal for West Brom since he joined the club from Rotherham United in the summer transfer window.

Last season, Eze announced himself to English and Nigerian fans as a player to keep an eye on and he has continued to impress in the new campaign, with his goal against Luton Town his third of the season.

The England youth international is credited with two assists so far in the 2019-2020 campaign.

In the EFL Team of the Week managed by Rotherham United coach Paul Warne, Ajayi was deployed as a central defender while Eze was the right midfielder in a 3-4-3 formation.

The QPR wonderkid was handed a late call-up to the England U21 squad for the Euro qualifiers against Turkey and Kosovo but was a non-playing sub in both matches.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
this right here is why i disagree with komekn sometimes. some of these players we call up is because of their exploits at youth level and like you correctly said it was done to blood them early into the national team.

it's not a practice unique to us cameroon took an unknown samuel etoo to france 1998 world cup. ronaldo de lima was taken to USA 94, Theo walcott without kicking a single ball in anger for arsenal was selected for the 2006 world cup.

when osimhen's club form wasn't improving he was duly left out of squad selections. same for the nwakali brothers. it's not everything that must be conspiracy

jihday:
Shortly after the U-17 Osimhen was called up just to train with the eagles but Rhor was so impressed by what he saw that he decided to call him for subsequent games but when his career wasn't flying he was duly dropped. I can't see how that is a bad thing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
after 5 matches? boss calm down remember two different years like that man city and chelsea won their first 6 fixtures but guess what? they both ended up not winning the league that year

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Odunayaw:
Monaco didn't play well last season and so we have a precedence to judge by, Lille had a better season last time and it'd have been a shock if they were poor this season. Just the way the fortunes of Villarreal was last season in comparison with their good past.

I don't know why you're diving in with your emotions and your 2000 mouth. My opinion remains the same as it was even while his transfer was still dicey.
There's nothing Monaco is offering him (I dare say will offer him- this season) that Galatasaray hasn't & won't give him.

So because Monaco didn't play well last season onyekuru should not join them

Clap for your self

If e no leave gala Na una go insult turkish league

Many of you guys here are already showing you belong to Nigeria league ,because Monaco is doing badly you guys are ranting

Please channel your opinion to the Nigerian league because that's the best for your anywhere belle face opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2019
Good stats for our players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

So because Monaco didn't play well last season onyekuru should not join them

Clap for your self

If e no leave gala Na una go insult turkish league

Many of you guys here are already showing you belong to Nigeria league ,because Monaco is doing badly you guys are ranting

Please channel your opinion to the Nigerian league because that's the best for your anywhere belle face opinion

grin Congrats as you carry the matter for your head like gala. You're doing well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

He is not, afterall pep won one of his leagues title without him, yes i know he is their best defender

With van dijk liverpool didnt win the league, liverpool are favorite as they are on top, but i will still wait till about 20 games

Well I don talk my own so it is left for time to prove me wrong or right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Well I don talk my own so it is left for time to prove me wrong or right.

Ok oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
after 5 matches? boss calm down remember two different years like that man city and chelsea won their first 6 fixtures but guess what? they both ended up not winning the league that year

I don't like to use past years to judge. All I know is that city are in trouble and Liverpool are the best team in England. Probably one of the best in league history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hmmmm it seems this bubu ministers are a curse to our sport
especially football

first it was dalung now its sunday

but guyz how true is it that super falcons coach had resign since two weeks ago?

CC icon4s, isan, PDPGUY, bascovanveli, tbaba1234, joebie, thesupernerd, and papa Aribo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Arsenal's Post-Iwobi era: Just for fun

Focus on David Luiz wink

For Chelsea:
160 Premier League games
3 penalties conceded

For Arsenal:
4 Premier League games
2 penalties conceded

David Luiz is learning fast. He's been studying hard. Currently on a book written by Shkodran Mustafi while Pepe keeps dancing Awilo in an arsenal shirt... grin

Courtesy: BR Football grin
Omar Momani don craze grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Emery sef ehn.

For thr next 30games, Arsenal will continue to regret selling Iwobi. Mark my words.

Unless they do alot in January to complement the hard word of LacAuba!!!

Imaginr CR7 scoring 2 and his Juve teammates conceed two stupid goals so fast......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
do4luv14:
Hmmmm it seems this bubu ministers are a curse to our sport
especially football

first it was dalung now its sunday

but guyz how true is it that super falcons coach had resign since two weeks ago?

CC icon4s, isan, PDPGUY, bascovanveli, tbaba1234, joebie, thesupernerd, and papa Aribo

He is being owed salary..

The minister is stepping in to save the situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7120) (7121) (7122) (7123) (7124) (7125) (7126) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), oloriooko(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.