Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,096 members, 7,849,429 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11856163 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7178) (7179) (7180) (7181) (7182) (7183) (7184) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2019
Icon4s:

I guess the religious differences must have played a role too.

Why the British no come chose to settle for Nigeria sef undecided

The religion factor. Exactly what I was thinking.

A Muslim society will never fold it's arms and let any non Muslims (let alone Christians) govern them with secular laws. Even if they don't have the resources to fight with conventional tactics, they will always resort to guerilla/ insurgent tactics to enthrone Sharia. That's why the European colonizers never found it funny ruling Muslim areas. The Muslims used insurgency and various forms of armed resistance to make life hell for the whitemen.....from Omar al-Mukhtar of Libya to Toure of Mali to the Mahdi of Sudan to Caliph Attahiru of Sokoto caliphate (Northern Nigeria).

The African Muslims saw the European colonization as a purely religious struggle for supremacy between Islam and Christianity, some even saw it as a continuation of the Crusades....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
peterd53:
See fight btw German national team and Bayern Munich on top keeper matter

Bayern munich have power and they are using it wrongly, the world knows ter stegen has been a better keeper than neuer for the pst 2 seasons but yet he wont be picked, thou i like neuer and ter stegen maturity, but the board or whatever of bayern munich are fools , must neuer keep that they are saying they will stop allowing their player play for the german team because of that, thats very stupid and childish from a big club like bayern.

Pick ter stegen over neuer and we wont send you our players ............ what a statement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
The issue of royalties and tax paid by colonies contribute immersely to the economic growth of Europes
Top nations and allies and is one of the major factor Africa is still underdeveloped and with bad economy

These royalties and taxes amounts to billions in dollars carted away annually from Africa and the major beneficiaries are the French and British.

Alot of African leaders fought to liberate their nations from paying those royalties and taxes but lost their lives on the process. These European heavyweights installs leaders in this nations who will abide by the conditions organized to favor the the Europeans which is the reason you have leaders like Paul biya of Cameroon and others who have remained in power for over 30 years.

I guess alot of you didn't know the reason Jonathan was ousted from office, ghadaffi's death, why Zimbabwe economy never remained the same after Mugabe's land review policies, Thomas sankara's death and a many other cases.

Humility017:

the west Africa weather discouraged them.
remember west Africa was tagged the white man's grave....

even though France tried settled in Senegal but they still could not stay....

the south Africa and north Africa weather really suit their life style.

prior the colonisation of the 20th century there was one of the 17the century which was aimed at pursing a more white settled economy that was when countries like USA, NEW ZEALAND (whose original indigenes = moa men/women), Australia and more....

the colonisation carried out in this countries was a bit different and all....
for example the US independence from Britian was basically "economic" the US stopped and fight to it end the payment of royalties and tax to Britain that was the independence this countries fought....

most of the whites in this countries were basically from Europe (dutch and british) like I was told don't know how true it is...

the prisoners who were Europeans where taken to this countries to own and cultivate large plantations which they later make royalties to the British government....and others it was the great need for labour to meet the growing labour demand in this countries that necessitated the emergence of the TRANS ALANTIC SLAVE TRADE and all....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
elyte89:

Truly life is not fair..if a nation can boast of ter stergen,neuer as keepers,Brazil too,Henderson and A.Becker...we re here struggling with uzoho and akpeyi grin grin grin

At least allison has been a beast in europe, to make it worst self allison has been first choice from when he was at brazil league, i am sure if allison loose some form ederson will be given the chance to start unlike the situation of neuer and ter stegen, manuel neuer is no more a better GK than stegen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
andrew444:

Bayern munich have power and they are using it wrongly, the world knows ter stegen has been a better keeper than neuer for the pst 2 seasons but yet he wont be picked, thou i like neuer and ter stegen maturity, but the board or whatever of bayern munich are fools , must neuer keep that they are saying they will stop allowing their player play for the german team because of that, thats very stupid and childish from a big club like bayern.

Pick ter stegen over neuer and we wont send you our players ............ what a statement

If Bayern came out to say that then there's something happening in the background.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
Earthquake1:

Mikel is very mature and will not say a thing like that, besides this is not the first time of him playing with Iwobi

Believe these tabloids at your own peril

Agreed about mikel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
iSlayer:

If Bayern came out to say that then there's something happening in the background.

How can a club say such

They already know that Stegen spot as Germany’s number 1 is well over due

Why didnt bayern made such statement when hummels boateng and muller where retired by low , he openly said he wont call them anymore to the national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2019
Former England youth international Chuba Akpom isn’t the only player who has agreed to switch his international allegiance to Nigeria after appearing for another country at youth level, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Akpom confirmed in an interview that he has signed the document which will enable him represent Nigeria at senior level after playing for England at various youth levels.

The PAOK striker is however not the only player who has agreed to switch his nationality to Nigeria as three others have also signed off the papers and just like Akpom they are waiting for the green light from FIFA to complete the switch.

” Akpom isn’t the only one, three others have also agreed to play for Nigeria. Infact two of them initially turned down the chance to represent us last year but they are ready this year and very soon they will have the necessary documents to enable them play for Nigeria “, a source told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” At this stage we won’t be mentioning names because of the dicey nature of these switch but in the coming days their identity will be made public as we believe by then the switch would have been made official by FIFA “, he concluded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
chukwunedum150:
Akpom told brila.net , “I have
always known I wanted to play for
Nigeria”, despite playing at every
age grade for England. “Although I have played in all the
youth groups for England, I have
always known I wanted to play for
Nigeria,” the striker said. “I am ready and I’m only waiting
for the call up. My agents have
been in talks with the Coaches
and Federation, so maybe in a
few months I would get an invite.
I have signed off my allegiance.” Speaking about his chances of
playing for England, Akpom
admits there were no guarantees
of longevity. “It’s always good to play where
you’re loved. If you play for
England you may only play a few
games or caps and then you’re
dropped for the next striker, who
is hot.”
This is the most sensible thing he said in this interview. He should pass it on to Tammy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2019
A total of seven home based players were included in Tite’s 23-man Selecao squad with all their clubs’ managers protesting.

When are we going to reach a level when Gbenga Ogunbote for example will protest against the invitation of one of his players for national team duty because of pressing club engagement. Are we going to ever get there?; a stage when our NPFL don't depend on the national team with all their might to succeed. SMH.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
Good to see awaziem and omeruo starting

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Graham Potter’s human touch performs miracles at Östersund

The club’s rise from Sweden’s fourth tier to facing Arsenal in the Europa League was fuelled by their English manager’s belief that success is guided by people first and players second

Potter, who had a decent if not glittering playing career mainly in the lower reaches of our English leagues, has won three promotions in the last six years with his club, culminating in winning the Swedish Cup in 2016-17 and therefore qualifying for this season’s Europa League.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/feb/15/graham-potter-ostersund-human-touch-arsenal-europa-league

Potter has had a good career so far but my respect to him is his build up plays which is astounding even against quality oppositions. I say Balogun goes to the end of the season with him where he will benefit highly from Potter’s defensive build up training and then make a big impact on the Super Eagles in his Last years with us.
you see Balogun is getting old and quite match rusty...with semi ajayi in the mix .if another defender catches rohr attention, rohr won't have a problem dropping Balogun... Balogun is better than ajayi but ajayi on form at the moment and looks very promising.....and you know rohr,once you loose ur place in the team, it's hard to reclaim it..as of now ajayi preffered to Balogun..he should move to a new club in January
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2019
Osimhen also in action ,loic remy should be playing from the flanks

Kalu also in action

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Former England youth international Chuba Akpom isn’t the only player who has agreed to switch his international allegiance to Nigeria after appearing for another country at youth level, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Akpom confirmed in an interview that he has signed the document which will enable him represent Nigeria at senior level after playing for England at various youth levels.

The PAOK striker is however not the only player who has agreed to switch his nationality to Nigeria as three others have also signed off the papers and just like Akpom they are waiting for the green light from FIFA to complete the switch.

” Akpom isn’t the only one, three others have also agreed to play for Nigeria. Infact two of them initially turned down the chance to represent us last year but they are ready this year and very soon they will have the necessary documents to enable them play for Nigeria “, a source told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” At this stage we won’t be mentioning names because of the dicey nature of these switch but in the coming days their identity will be made public as we believe by then the switch would have been made official by FIFA “, he concluded

Nwanne shebi I bn tell u say make u relax, u no gree? Just calm down, the NFF have everything under control
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
andrew444:
Good to see awaziem and omeruo starting

Great. Dozzy is a typical Laliga centre back, hence, I tip him to flourish.

Watch this space

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
What a tackle and another great block from Awaziem

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2019
Rich read from you. Your head dey there.
Humility017:

prior the colonisation of the 20th century there was one of the 17the century which was aimed at pursing a more white settled economy that was when countries like USA, NEW ZEALAND (whose original indigenes = moa men/women), Australia and more....

for example the US independence from Britian was basically "economic" the US stopped and fight to it end the payment of royalties and tax to Britain that was the independence this countries fought....

most of the whites in this countries were basically from Europe (dutch and british) for example new york was formally called new Amsterdam it became new York named after Yorkshire in England after it was bought from the dutch. like I was told don't know how true it is...

the prisoners who were Europeans where taken to this countries to own and cultivate large plantations which they later make royalties to the British government....and others it was the great need for labour to meet the growing labour demand in this countries that necessitated the emergence of the TRANS ALANTIC SLAVE TRADE and all....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
ChrisKels:

Great. Dozzy is a typical Laliga centre back, hence, I tip him to flourish.

Watch this space

Yeah ,now my prayer is for awaziem to keep his place in the starting line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Y Laliga stadiums no dey get roofs sef??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Omeruo and Awaziem starting in the same team

Cool, cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
This is actually progress

We've come a long way

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
But none of the northern countries in Africa use sharia as their country's law or am I wrong?
Curtisaxel7:

A Muslim society will never fold it's arms and let any non Muslims (let alone Christians) govern them with secular laws. Even if they don't have the resources to fight with conventional tactics, they will always resort to guerilla/ insurgent tactics to enthrone Sharia. That's why the European colonizers never found it funny ruling Muslim areas. The Muslims used insurgency and various forms of armed resistance to make life hell for the whitemen.....from Omar al-Mukhtar of Libya to Toure of Mali to the Mahdi of Sudan to Caliph Attahiru of Sokoto caliphate (Northern Nigeria).

The African Muslims saw the European colonization as a purely religious struggle for supremacy between Islam and Christianity, some even saw it as a continuation of the Crusades....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
Moses Simon starting for Nantes

His permanent transfer is 90% sure

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
That guy wan kill Osimhen ni ooo. wasted set-piece

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
We obviously don't NEED them but if both are available and an opening comes through, we can MANAGE them.
safarigirl:
This is the most sensible thing he said in this interview. He should pass it on to Tammy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
ChrisKels:

Nwanne shebi I bn tell u say make u relax, u no gree? Just calm down, the NFF have everything under control

I hope the Nff will make ebere eze play for us ?

I am not moved by Chuba akpom,not that he hw a bad player o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2019
Kano Pillars’ Head Coach, Ibrahim Musa says he is dismayed by Coach Imama Amapakabo’s description of Nigeria-based players and coaches as not teachable. He challenged the national U-23 team coach to organise a course on basics of football, with emphasis on tactics and formation. Amapakabo, who currently handles both the U-23 and the CHAN Eagles, in a recent report published by footballlive.ng, said home-based players find it difficult to interpret tactics and formation. He also accused local coaches of lacking tactics and formation, saying they cannot give what they don’t know. Speaking to The Guardian yesterday, Musa said Amapakabo had the right to his opinion, adding, however, that the former Enugu Rangers coach also fell in the category of Nigerian coaches. “Is Amapakabo not a coach in Nigeria? Well, he is only expressing his opinion. Some players were invited to the CHAN Eagles and no player from the Kano Pillars made it to the team. And this is a club that came second in the league last season and even won the FA Cup. “Indicting the local coaches publicly is not a good thing, especially when the coach is also based in Nigeria. This is more so when others are blaming us for the current state of the national teams.” He said Amapakabo should have been more discreet in his criticism if he noticed things wrong with the system. “If there were lapses he has noticed about the home-based players and coaches, he is supposed to advice us since he wants to correct them. Now because he lost 1-4 to Togo, he has suddenly remembered that Nigerian coaches and players lack tactics and formation,” he said. Musa, who is in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State for a pre-season tournament with his team, added that Amapakabo should complete his work against Togo and put up a course for the players and coaches on what he thinks we lack as a way forward. “It is good to hear that he knows what we don’t know. So, he should come and impact in us what tactics and formation are, as soon as he finishes the job of qualifying for the CHAN tournament. “As a way forward for the players based in Nigeria to be part of the Super Eagles, I think whoever that is given responsibility to handle the national team should start looking inwards by going round the country and seeing the players for himself rather than depending on agents,” he stated.
The last paragraph sha got me thinking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2019
balorx:
you see Balogun is getting old and quite match rusty...with semi ajayi in the mix .if another defender catches rohr attention, rohr won't have a problem dropping Balogun... Balogun is better than ajayi but ajayi on form at the moment and looks very promising.....and you know rohr,once you loose ur place in the team, it's hard to reclaim it..as of now ajayi preffered to Balogun..he should move to a new club in January

Our defenders should be ekong ,omeruo ,awaziem and ajayi

But my preferred pair would be ajayi and omeruo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
ChrisKels:
Y Laliga stadiums no dey get roofs sef??

Not all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2019
i should be telling you this instead
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2019
Humility017:

most of the whites in this countries were basically from Europe (dutch and british) for example new york was formally called new Amsterdam it became new York named after Yorkshire in England after it was bought from the dutch. like I was told don't know how true it is...

Hmmm... interesting read
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Very true. Good write up

(1) (2) (3) ... (7178) (7179) (7180) (7181) (7182) (7183) (7184) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7demons, kingphilip(m), dankorode(m), Truidstarr, solonnachi and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.