Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,712 members, 7,865,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11961365 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7190) (7191) (7192) (7193) (7194) (7195) (7196) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Shehu has been playing at least albeit in Turkey division 2. While, Balogun has been totally inactive.

Balogun is injured.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
edi287:

Which is weird considering he singled him out when we had that meet up in England.
Maybe NFF IS putting it off.

Make una stop this NFF thing abeg... Why didn't the same NFF stop Rohr from calling up Aribo who is also foreign born and a midfielder?
Rohr is just not serious about the team AM role. After the world cup he was supposed to scout for new midfielders especially after Mikel took a sabbatical leave from the national team but the man kept calling up the same crop of midfielders !

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
komekn:

Remember my proposition.

Being in a top flight league doesn't not necessarily make you a top flight player.

There are players that played in the EPL as soon as thier team got relegated they got relegated. Look at Sunderland now in League one within two seasons of leaving the EPL. A good number of thier players are still with them from thier time in the EPL. That should tell you something nonetheless they still sold a player to PSG quality is not restricted to the league because it always stands out.

I would rather have the best Defender in the Bundesliga 2 than an anonymous one in the Bundesliga. The reality is Collins has not outstanding in both Bundesliga 1 and when he was in Bundesliga 2.

His performances show where he is in terms of quality not the the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 12:13am On Sep 27, 2019
komekn:

Remember my proposition.

Being in a top flight league doesn't not necessarily make you a top flight player.

There are players that played in the EPL as soon as thier team got relegated they got relegated. Look at Sunderland now in League one within two seasons of leaving the EPL. A good number of thier players are still with them from thier time in the EPL. That should tell you something nonetheless they still sold a player to PSG quality is not restricted to the league because it always stands out.

I would rather have the best Defender in the Bundesliga 2 than an anonymous one in the Bundesliga. The reality is Collins has not outstanding in both Bundesliga 1 and when he was in Bundesliga 2.

You just keep slandering jamilu Collins like you have something to gain from it.
I'm certain that you cannot be better than the whole coaching staff and all the scouts of Paderborn, if he is as bad as you paint him here I'm sure they must have dropped him the moment they gained promotion to the Bundesliga.
According to whoscored.com statistically, Collins has had the highest average rating of any Paderborn player after 6 games in the Bundesliga 6.81 for context, this makes him the best left back in the Bundesliga's bottom 6 teams so far namely: Fortuna, union Berlin, Hertha Berlin, Fc koeln, and Mainz (Yea, I took my time to compare). Also Paderborn's attack has been strongest on the left side so far this season... Therefore It is safe to say that statistically he has been their best player this season. Going by your postulations above, we can as well assume that the whole Paderborn team is not fit to be in the Bundesliga.
You say he is very weak at 1vs1 yet stat websites believe he is very strong at tackling and making interceptions (how can a defender whose strength is tackling and interceptions be poor at 1vs 1? ) well I understand it isn't beyond you to believe he's responsible for all of Paderborn's woes in the Bundesliga so far considering your thought history here.
You this man ehn, wetin 9ja born players do you self? Don't you think the assertion that the best player (stat wise) of a Bundesliga team is not Bundesliga quality is purely "prejudiced emotive sentiments"?
Na wa for you o

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
answer these questions quickly: Are you mad?
must he please you 100%?
The man no try reach for the list?
Doesn't Shehu play and start regularly for Bursaspor?

See how you just messed up a nice comment with such a reckless output of garbage at the end.

nonsense.

You are mad for being a drunkard

Ogogoro master

Idiot

Useless man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2019
Collins did not just now join Paderborn. He contributed immensely to their promotion.
komekn:

Remember my proposition.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:51am On Sep 27, 2019
Even if you pack "Odubanjo", Iorfa and like, Brazil go still turn them inside and out.. These players also have their weaknesses. Add to that, they are untested.

komekn:

I don't dislike players very few I know personally, there is nothing to like or dislike.

The more apt word should be preference and l underpin my preference with objectivity and rational not emotive sentiment.

For instance Awaziem as a RWB or RB is simply too slow. As a consequence he struggles to add to the attack and complement team cohesion. Then to compensate he by implication pulls the right sided CB out of position. I watched all his matches in the AFCON and this was glaringly obvious. That's my view of Awaziem he his technically astute and intelligence and uses that yo disguise his handicaps but still not good enough .

In the AFCON I said that Osimhen is way too light weight and lacks the physicality required to hold up the play and impose himself on the opposing CB'S. Add to that he is very weak on one to one dominance from a skill perspective. Finishing and speed he is very good.

Playing against Brazil with faster and stronger defenders. Will require that we play differently don't think we can press we might get found out. But we will have to hit them on the break. That means accurate diagonal through balls for Osimhen to use his pace to get and capitalise on. We will have to play differently hitting Brazil on the break.

That means we have to be on our A game no wayward passes or police game, composure is essential.

My concerns are for Jamilu lacks composure and l can imagine the Brazilian forwards turning him inside out. Unfortunately we don't have many options if any in the LB position.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:11am On Sep 27, 2019
Joebie:
Even if you pack "Odubanjo", Iorfa and like, Brazil go still turn them inside and out.. These players also have their weaknesses. Add to that, they are untested.

Dominic in my opinion is technically weak fast yes positional play as a CB he is just starting to learn the position.

How good he is currently not sure he's better than what we have.

However, Aerial dominance and pace he has as an advantage. However, without football intelligence i.e. timing it can amount too nothing.

Will he be better it's very early in the season how quickly can he learn and adapt let's see.

Moses Odubanjo suffered injury that caused a delay in his progression. He is now getting back to his previous form. Technically superior to Dominic and more attacking prowess but physicallity and Aerial dominance belong to Dominic.

Funny the Managers has completely changed formation. Moses is first choice RB and Dominic is first choice CB.

Things change in football either for better or worse currently for them both its for the better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:21am On Sep 27, 2019
Hanibal:

You just keep slandering jamilu Collins like you have something to gain from it.
I'm certain that you cannot be better than the whole coaching staff and all the scouts of Paderborn, if he is as bad as you paint him here I'm sure they must have dropped him the moment they gained promotion to the Bundesliga.
According to whoscored.com statistically, Collins has had the highest average rating of any Paderborn player after 6 games in the Bundesliga 6.81 for context, this makes him the best left back in the Bundesliga's bottom 6 teams so far namely: Fortuna, union Berlin, Hertha Berlin, Fc koeln, and Mainz (Yea, I took my time to compare). Also Paderborn's attack has been strongest on the left side so far this season... Therefore It is safe to say that statistically he has been their best player this season. Going by your postulations above, we can as well assume that the whole Paderborn team is not fit to be in the Bundesliga.
You say he is very weak at 1vs1 yet stat websites believe he is very strong at tackling and making interceptions (how can a defender whose strength is tackling and interceptions be poor at 1vs 1? ) well I understand it isn't beyond you to believe he's the season why Paderborn at the base of the Bundesliga considering your history here.
You this man ehn, wetin 9ja born players do you self? Don't you think the assertion that the best player (stat wise) of a Bundesliga team is not Bundesliga quality is purely "prejudiced emotive sentiments"?
Na wa for you o

You should go back to basics and consider the meaning of slander.

In the first instance My comments are in response to the assertion that because he plays In the Bundesliga that means he is top class. Ebuehi may be in the Lower Portuguese league but l rate him far higher. Irrespective of thier positions.

Secondly my comments are in the context if his performances in the AFCON where he left a lot to be desired.

What he does in the Bundesliga gives him invitation to the SE however consistent performances in that SE ensure your selection.

I consider him from performances in the AFCON as a weak link.

Unfortunately we have few if any alternative options in the LB so he will probably remain.

Your preconceived notions show your own prejudice. This has nothing to do with being Nigerian born or being born in Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:56am On Sep 27, 2019
You have spoken well. So let's wait for the duo to improve...

komekn:

Dominic in my opinion is technically weak fast yes positional play as a CB he is just starting to learn the position.

How good he is currently not sure he's better than what we have.

However, Aerial dominance and pace he has as an advantage. However, without football intelligence i.e. timing it can amount too nothing.

Will he be better it's very early in the season how quickly can he learn and adapt let's see.

Moses Odubanjo suffered injury that caused a delay in his progression. He is now getting back to his previous form. Technically superior to Dominic and more attacking prowess but physicallity and Aerial dominance belong to Dominic.

Funny the Managers has completely changed formation. Moses is first choice RB and Dominic is first choice CB.

Things change in football either for better or worse currently for them both its for the better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:32am On Sep 27, 2019
John Ogu is so mature, no wonder Rhor loves having him around

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22am On Sep 27, 2019
komekn:

Technically deficient and tactically naive very weak on 1 to 1 defending against fact paced skill based players.

Has very limited forward play and contribution to team cohesion limited and finally he lacks composure.

However , he has good pace not blistering but good and works hard. But we need more in the SE.

Description well given. That boy brings nothing to the team. A makeshift Ola Aina does way better than him, in that LB position.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:31am On Sep 27, 2019
edi287:

Rohr is not stupid. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but what if someone at the technical committee is blocking his invite?
The excuse of him playing in the championship doesn't cut it. Ajayi got an invite so why shouldn't he? We need an alternative to Iwobi and Eze fits the bill the most.

Nobody is blocking anybody, this is just Rohr being so clueless that he does not know where the problems of the team lie. Same Rohr kept a better Ebuehi on the bench for Shehu, same Rohr gave a call up to underperforming Maja just bkus he now sits on Bordeaux's bench. Eze's only sins are playing in the championship instead of Bundesliga2 or the ligue2 and not signing with Rohr's agency the way Dennis Bonaventure, and other five members(including Esiti, Simon and Shehu) of Rohr's squad did. Did u know that after 3years in the international wilderness, Rohr had to hurriedly recall Esiti immediately he signed with the DW Sports Management, same agency that manages Rohr? Like Forgiveness rightly said, this man isn't clean.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:47am On Sep 27, 2019
For two FIFA windows now, our bredas haven't been able to organise a friendly match. grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 5:50am On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=ChrisKels post=82603458]

Description well given. That boy brings nothing to the team. A makeshift Ola Aina does way better than him, in that LB position. [/quot

komenk is right on this one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by internetbusines: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
ChrisKels:

Nobody is blocking anybody, this is just Rohr being so clueless that he does not know where the problems of the team lie. Same Rohr kept a better Ebuehi on the bench for Shehu, same Rohr gave a call up to underperforming Maja just bkus he now sits on Bordeaux's bench. Eze's only sins are playing in the championship instead of Bundesliga2 or the ligue2 and not signing with Rohr's agency the way Dennis Bonaventure, and other five members(including Esiti, Simon and Shehu) of Rohr's squad did. Did u know that after 3years in the international wilderness, Rohr had to hurriedly recall Esiti immediately he signed with the DW Sports Management, same agency that manages Rohr? Like Forgiveness rightly said, this man isn't clean.
Did Aribo, Azeez and the new goal goalkeeper also signed with DW Sport Management? I am not saying your assertion is wrong or right, but what I want you to know is that there are some persons, coaches inclusive that rate English division leagues very lowly in terms of technicalities and tactics and no matter what you tell these people or how good you are in these second below tier English leagues they will never invite you. Save for Semi Ajayi, he is a central defender and apart from the fact that he has been in and out of the super eagles, the engles defense line has been a major problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gentlewarrior1(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2019
ChrisKels:
For two FIFA windows now, our bredas haven't been able to organise a friendly match. grin
Do you mean south african hyenas cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2019
jihday:
John Ogu is so mature, no wonder Rhor loves having him around

This is what I keep saying about our reporters with their fake news. But someone will come and say wherever there's smoke there is fire.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Do you mean south african hyenas cheesy

So you don't know who awa "bredas" are? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:06am On Sep 27, 2019
Icon4s:

So you don't know who awa "bredas" are? grin
I guess its Ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2019
ChrisKels:
nobody rates them anymore

How the mighty have fallen. They haven't been exceptional since 2010

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2019
I see nothing wrong in Shehu's invitation.
And as for Balogun he is down injured.

The new call-ups/recall deserve their invitations.

My only disappointment for now is not still seeing Ebere Eze on the list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

I guess its Ghana

Clap for ya sef grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2019
Icon4s:

Clap for ya sef grin
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:14am On Sep 27, 2019
safarigirl:
nobody rates them anymore

How the mighty have fallen. They haven't been exceptional since 2010

I don't think the bolded is the reason.

Funding is a major challenge for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Icon4s:

I don't think the bolded is the reason.

Funding is a major challenge for them.

If they get invites, do they have to pay?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:43am On Sep 27, 2019
ChrisKels:

This is something l know about in depth and you have just opened the murky can of worms that reflects the business of world football. What you have alluded to is how the business of football I'd generally conducted.

However, with regards to Rohr l don't know the specifics but l don't doubt it one bit.

In my experience even if you sign with certain agencies particularly as a unknown player you are giving yourself a direct route to get into the club. It's that simple.

I could give hundreds of examples.

Is Rohr immune to these antics l very much doubt. He has survived in African football for a decade because he plays the game and knows the game and the way we play it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2019
komekn:

You should go back to basics and consider the meaning of slander.

In the first instance My comments are in response to the assertion that because he plays In the Bundesliga that means he is top class. Ebuehi may be in the Lower Portuguese league but l rate him far higher. Irrespective of thier positions.

Secondly my comments are in the context if his performances in the AFCON where he left a lot to be desired.

What he does in the Bundesliga gives him invitation to the SE however consistent performances in that SE ensure your selection.

I consider him from performances in the AFCON as a weak link.

Unfortunately we have few if any alternative options in the LB so he will probably remain.

Your preconceived notions show your own prejudice. This has nothing to do with being Nigerian born or being born in Europe.

Nobody here ever said he's top class, what you've been saying and kept saying is that he plays in the Bundesliga doesn't make him Bundesliga quality, and this isn't the first time you've made that statement, now that you're aware that he's been Paderborn's best player (stat wise) even as a left back... I hope you'll drop such uninformed statement at least until you can back it up with stats.
Now that you've changed the narrative to imply that you've been judging him with his Afcon performances, maybe I should remind you that he played only 3games at the Afcon, the first against South Africa, he was just coming out of injury he had the lowest rating among the back four, but on the day everyone in the back four had a good game (including Collins a game rating of 6.39 isn't bad at all) but we can admit he was the weakest link in defence that day.
Second game against Algeria in the back four only Awaziem had a better rating than him, he was far better than Troost, and on the same rating with Omeruo,.
Third game against Tunisia only Omeruo was better rated than him in the back four, he was ahead of Awaziem, and Troost.

Now statistics has proven your assertions that he isn't Bundesliga quality wrong, he is doing very fine in the Bundesliga.
Statistics has proven your assertions that he was the weakest link of our defence in the Afcon wrong, he played 3 matches and was second best in two!
So if what you've been saying about him for some weeks now isn't "slander".. Kindly borrow me the appropriate word.
Emotive prejudiced bias! grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:58am On Sep 27, 2019
Prime Zlatan or prime Aguero?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2019
internetbusines:

Did Aribo, Azeez and the new goal goalkeeper also signed with DW Sport Management? I am not saying your assertion is wrong or right, but what I want you to know is that there are some persons, coaches inclusive that rate English division leagues very lowly in terms of technicalities and tactics and no matter what you tell these people or how good you are in these second below tier English leagues they will never invite you. Save for Semi Ajayi, he is a central defender and apart from the fact that he has been in and out of the super eagles, the engles defense line has been a major problem.
Etebo plays in the championship and Eze has been one of the best performers there.
Anyhow dude will soon move to an epl club sooner or later.
WE should've been inviting him instead of chidiebere and Kelechi Nwakali.
This kid go soon blow o! We dey talk am now and some people dey feel say na "English hype".

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Earthquake1:
Prime Zlatan or prime Aguero?
Aguero. Both choke at the ucl Sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7190) (7191) (7192) (7193) (7194) (7195) (7196) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yinkeys(m), cc12(m), opes, bennie1980(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.