Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709061 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7218) (7219) (7220) (7221) (7222) (7223) (7224) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2019
Clint02:
So Sam Chukwueze's traits on his Fifa 20 stats are :'selfish',and an early crosser.
Osimhen also has the early crosser trait, I don't agree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2019
I dont think I've watched dis zubby guy play b4,but i really hope he as good as d hype he gets on dis,it will good if he can give ndidi a run for his money and I think he needs to move to a beta club, a player with d kind of qualities u guys claim he he portrays shouldn't be playing in dat kind of league at dat age,he is still young, a decent team in Spain will do,datz where players with d kind of qualities he possesses thrive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:54am On Sep 30, 2019
He’s Magical With The Ball At His Feet – Santi Cazorla Hails Samuel Chukwueze

Villarreal captain Santi Cazorla says Nigerian forward Samuel Chukwueze can produce moment of magic with the ball at his feet after his goal in their 5-1 win over Real Betis in the Laliga.

Chukwueze was introduced as a second half substitute and the 20 year old made an instant impact by winning the penalty which put them 2-1 up before having a hand in the two other goals that took scores to 4-1.

He topped his sterling substitute display with a goal of his own late into the game with a strong solo run which he started from few metres away from the centre circle and expectedly it has earned him praises from Cazorla.

” We have to wait for our chance to strike and we took the chances when they came. Chukwueze played a role after his introduction. He’s magical with the ball at his feet, the plan is for him to continue progressing for the good of the team”, Cazorla said in an interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2019
simiife:
I dont think I've watched dis zubby guy play b4,but i really hope he as good as d hype he gets on dis,it will good if he can give ndidi a run for his money and I think he needs to move to a beta club, a player with d kind of qualities u guys claim he he portrays shouldn't be playing in dat kind of league at dat age,he is still young, a decent team in Spain will do,datz where players with d kind of qualities he possesses thrive.
exactly

he's that Good and he plays in Turkey and even not a regular starter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
Rohr Hints At Ola Aina Keeping His Slot As Right Fullback Against Brazil Despite Recalling Shehu Abdullahi

owngoalnigeria.com Sep 30, 2019 6:24 AM

Ola Aina will once again play at right back for the Super Eagles of Nigeria when they take on Brazil in an international friendly game on the 13th of next month, coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr has hinted.

Aina impressed with his performance against Ukraine in the 2-2 draw proving that his performance for Torino in the Serie A is no fluke with a near faultless display.

Is this one news? person wey write this news don smoke igbo

So the person was expecting a turkish division 2 player to bench a seria A first team player

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2019
simiife:

Lol nobody is hyping zuby here, majority here dont like him, so where is the hype coming from?

Zuby is playing in a better club in turkey and zuby cant give ndidi a run for his money, ndidi is far ahead

So playing for a team that came second in the turkish league is bad abi? Did you know that the same zuby almost killed his career by joining an egyptian club? the club still owned him, he is only on loan after impressing at rizespor last season

No much quality about zuby okay he is just okay, if he is even invited he will only be a back up and not a starter

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
exactly

he's that Good and he plays in Turkey and even not a regular starter.

Nt even d elite clubs in Turkey, well as far as he is Nigerian,i will keep wishing him well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2019
simiife:

Nt even d elite clubs in Turkey, well as far as he is Nigerian,i will keep wishing him well

So a team that has been coming top 4 in turkey is not a better cub abi?

Clap for your self

Shebi awaziem went to afcon from a smaller rizespor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2019
andrew444:

Lol nobody is hyping zuby here, majority here dont like him, so where is the hype coming from?

Ha ha,egbon i get eyes na and I've been following dis ndidi and zubby argument for days nw,dey don hype am well well,especially 1 bros lyk dis but I won't mention his moniker,

Like i said earlier,I really hope he has dos qualities,sooner or later,he is going to come good because midfielders with such qualities are hot cakes in modern football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2019
andrew444:

So a team that has been coming top 4 in turkey is not a better cub abi?

Clap for your self

Shebi awaziem went to afcon from a smaller rizespor

My bad,I admit I made a mistake there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2019
simiife:

Ha ha,egbon i get eyes na and I've been following dis ndidi and zubby argument for days nw,dey don hype am well well,especially 1 bros lyk dis but I won't mention his moniker,

Like i said earlier,I really hope he has dos qualities,sooner or later,he is going to come good because midfielders with such qualities are hot cakes in modern football

Thank God you said 1 bros

Hyping should involve many people , just the way we all love osimhen chuks, iheanacho and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 10:30am On Sep 30, 2019
Someone somewhere is comparing zuby to ndidi

Where did we go wrong in this country cry

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2019
andrew444:

Thank God you said 1 bros

Hyping should involve many people , just the way we all love osimhen chuks, iheanacho and co

I used d word 'especially' b4 putting '1bros',dey pass 1

I was listening to brila FM yesterday,a lot of pple prefer him replacing injured aribo,some wanted eze,even Anthony Bekederemo said eze isn't good enof yet to play for d super eagles dat he prefers zubby,I was surprised at d kind of fan base he has in Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2019
simiife:

I used d word 'especially' b4 putting '1bros',dey pass 1

I was listening to brila FM yesterday,a lot of pple prefer him replacing injured aribo,some wanted eze,even Anthony Bekederemo said eze isn't good enof yet to play for d super eagles dat he prefers zubby,I was surprised at d kind of fan base he has in Nigeria

Zuby is not an attacking midfielder

They better call eze

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2019
Prectega:

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2019
andrew444:

Zuby is not an attacking midfielder

They better call eze

Well let's see,aribo might still make it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2019
Prectega:

Han han,bros calm dowm,it hasn't gotten to dat na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2019
Prectega:

I don't know o my brother. Same people who argued about Ndidi being world class,of how he's just below world class. These are same persons making these comparisons,when they've not even put Zuby and world class in thesame sentence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2019
MetalJigsaw:

He’s Magical With The Ball At His Feet – Santi Cazorla Hails Samuel Chukwueze

Villarreal captain Santi Cazorla says Nigerian forward Samuel Chukwueze can produce moment of magic with the ball at his feet after his goal in their 5-1 win over Real Betis in the Laliga.

Chukwueze was introduced as a second half substitute and the 20 year old made an instant impact by winning the penalty which put them 2-1 up before having a hand in the two other goals that took scores to 4-1.

He topped his sterling substitute display with a goal of his own late into the game with a strong solo run which he started from few metres away from the centre circle and expectedly it has earned him praises from Cazorla.

” We have to wait for our chance to strike and we took the chances when they came. Chukwueze played a role after his introduction. He’s magical with the ball at his feet, the plan is for him to continue progressing for the good of the team”, Cazorla said in an interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Komekn please come and help us warn Santi! Ah ah he will just be hyping Samu anyhow. Does he not know Samu is only at the beginning of his second season playing big boys footy!?

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2019
Ndidi just scoring goals after his marriage. I'm sensing he will soon score goal with his wife and give birth.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2019
But clubs make up the league. So what are u talking about?

somehow:

Leagues don't groom players oga. leagues make use of professional players.

Grooming is done by clubs with academies and private academies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:14am On Sep 30, 2019
tbaba1234:
Enyimba were so terrible today in Sudan. Horrible football.
Have said it before that there are poor quality coaches in the league. Forget the badges.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2019
Clint02:
Ndidi just scoring goals after his marriage. I'm sensing he will soon score goal with his wife and give birth.

wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2019
andrew444:

He is 21 bro

We wrote waec together
Nice sarcasm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Relax man. I am just the messenger. grin

I got you bro. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2019
wayodude:

Komekn please come and help us warn Santi! Ah ah he will just be hyping Samu anyhow. Does he not know Samu is only at the beginning of his second season playing big boys footy!?

U re looking 4 trouble abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
‘I Hear Super Eagles Want Tomori’, BBC Pundit Sends Warning To England Boss Gareth Southgate

It has been a superb few weeks for Fikayo Tomori at Chelsea.

The defender has been one of the Blues’ top performers since breaking into the side in recent weeks, with Tomori starring against Wolves after the international break with a goal in the 5-2 win at Molineux.

He also earned praise after his performance against Liverpool nine days ago, while he helped Chelsea keep a first clean sheet of the season on Saturday against Brighton & Hove Albion.

Fikayo Tomori was praised for his performance against Mohamed Salah (Image: James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images)

His performance was enough to secure a place in Garth Crooks’ team of the week, and the BBC pundit has been full of praise for the 21-year-old.
But the former Tottenham forward had a message for England boss Gareth Southgate, with Tomori eligible to play for the Three Lions, Nigeria and Canada.

“This lad caught my eye against Liverpool when Mohamed Salah tried to outrun him and Tomori handled the chase comfortably and with gears to spare. Needless to say, I was impressed,” said Crooks, in his weekly feature for the BBC website.

“Against Brighton, it was a very different proposition, but Tomori looked composed and comfortable like a player who is going places.

“I hear the Nigerians have their eye on this talent and the Super Eagles’ pulling power is not to be underestimated. England manager Gareth Southgate should not take Tomori’s England age group appearances for granted.”

Tomori has played for England at various age groups, including U19, U20 and U21, but is yet to feature for the Three Lions at senior level.

https://www.independent.ng/i-hear-super-eagles-want-tomori-bbc-pundit-sends-warning-to-england-boss-gareth-southgate/amp/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
simiife:

U re looking 4 trouble abi

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
I Also Want To Play For Nigeria – Aribo’s Teammate Ojo Sends Come-And-Get-Me Plea To Rohr

Teammate of newly capped Super Eagles midfielder Joe Aribo has reminded coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr about his availability as he has also pledged hus allegiance to the senior national team of Nigeria.

Seyi Ojo who played for England at various youth level says he is keen to follow in the footstep of Aribo who marked his international debut for Nigeria with a goal in the 2-2 friendly draw against Ukraine.

On loan from Liverpool to Rangers, , the 22 year old is enjoying a far more productive spell in Scotland than last season while on loan to French Ligue 1 side Reims as he has so far scored five goals in all competitions this season.

Born in Nigeria, the left footed ace said he is available if called up by the coach as he has already ditched the idea of representing England at senior level despite making 42 appearances for England from U16 to U21.

” I have made it known that I am willing to switch allegiance to Nigeria. Yes I will be glad if I am called up because just like Aribo I also want to play for Nigeria at senior level. It’s up to the coaches to decide on calling me up all I have to do is to keep doing my best at Rangers”, Ojo told Owngoalnigeria.com

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/09/30/i-also-want-to-play-for-nigeria-aribos-teammate-ojo-sends-come-and-get-me-plea-to-rohr/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Joebie:
But clubs make up the league. So what are u talking about?

Why are you confusing yourself or don't you know the meaning of grooming again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
NFF Move To Draft Rohr To U23 After Imama’s Failure With Super Eagles B Team At WAFU

The Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) says it will consider plans to draft the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr to the U23 team ahead of the U23 Africa Cup of Nations, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Nigeria U23 team will take part in the Africa U23 Cup of Nations which also serves as the qualifiers for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo with coach Imama Amapakabo presently in charge of the team in temporary capacity.

Despite qualifying the team for the tournament in Egypt, the NFF is unhappy with the failure of the coach with the B team of the senior national team of Nigeria who have lost their first two games under the coach in two separate competition but to same opponent Togo.

Imama watched helplessly from the touch line as his team slumped to a second defeat in one week to Togo after yesterday’s 1-2 loss at the WAFU Championship, which is a week after same team thrashed them 4-1 in Lome in the first leg tie of the qualifiers for CHAN 2020.

” We have not really debated about the future of the coach because he is there in interim capacity. However recent result suggest we have to make a decision on the way forward. It’s not out of place to draft Rohr to the U23 because we are slowly losing our fate in Imama”, a top official of the NFF told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” To be honest the back to back loss against Togo is painful but we won’t rush any decision until we do an appraisal of what went wrong in both games. That will determine his stay as coach because we can’t afford to miss out on the Olympic in Tokyo “, he concluded.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/09/30/nff-move-to-draft-rohr-to-u23-after-imamas-failure-with-super-eagles-b-team-at-wafu/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7218) (7219) (7220) (7221) (7222) (7223) (7224) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), Napoleon55(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.