Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754331 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7233) (7234) (7235) (7236) (7237) (7238) (7239) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
U Sabi road to transfermarkt so post their stats here for all to see
forgiveness:

So Hazard doesn't guarantee 10 - 15 goals with double digit goals, abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
How many times did Hazard finish with double figures goal and assist wise during his time in the epl?

Bale's undoing have been fitness issues cus he is prone to injuries. Bale is an explosive player who is a nightmare to any defense in the world. He his very quick, clinical and a better team player than hazard.

What kind of question is this? Are you new to EPL?

See with your eyes.

Gareth for carry wale reach semi finals for world cup first na. He is never better than Hazard. Both are in the same level.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
U Sabi road to transfermarkt so post their stats here for all to see

grin

Why evils?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
So cus him no carry Belgium reach world cup semi finals make u say him no good? Lol

Did u consider the strenght of both teams before ur post?

Pls kindly post bales stat right from his epl days till date
forgiveness:

See with your eyes.

Gareth for carry wale reach semi finals for world cup first na. He is never better than Hazard. Both in the same level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
So cus him no carry Belgium reach world cup semi finals make u say him no good? Lol

Did u consider the strenght of both teams before ur post?

Pls kindly post bales stat right from his epl days till date

I am a fan of Gareth bale but he is not better than Hazard. They are still in the same level.

See Bale's days in the EPL.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Post bale stats na haba!
forgiveness:

See with your eyes.

Gareth for carry wale reach semi finals for world cup first na. He is never better than Hazard. Both are in the same level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
andrew444:

Okocha issa central midfielder

Check kanu stats when he was crowned african footballer of the year twice

Football is by stats
12 goals in 87 games? No world cup or afcon goal, using Liberia and other small teams go get the 12 goals even Ighalo did better with far less than 50 caps,but if you saw him play then you'll know his influence on games was much more than goals and assist

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Post bale stats na haba!

Look up and see this too.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
jihday:
12 goals in 87 games? No world cup or afcon goal, using Liberia and other small teams go get the 12 goals even Ighalo did better with far less than 50 caps,but if you saw him play then you'll know his influence on games was much more than goals and assist

You only focused on his national team stats. Why not holistically.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
forgiveness:

that means at least you agree that going by stat he shouldn't be called a Nigerian legend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
jihday:
that means at least you agree that going by stat he shouldn't be called a Nigerian legend

Somehow but....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
safarigirl:
the way that guy misconstrues every jocular post made with Tammy's name woild be funny, if it wasn't annoying.

He pours vitrol on Nigerian pkayers with ease, butvis quick to jump on any post about his English boy. Fake Warri boy, like Tammy. At least Tammy na omo ale with him full chest.

I want to presume you intended to say vitriolic.

Once again l will challenge you to quote just one post with vitriolic rhetoric against any Nigerian player.

But of course you will not you will go EVASIVE and hide.

You can make any assumption you like about me that's part of the entertainment of this forum.

With the same rationality on which TRIBALISM is based you have now decided who is a Nigerian and who is not. That's sad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
forgiveness:

a little busy now, maybe later but the point is statistics only tell half of the story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
jihday:

Ok oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Idowu started their UCL match against atm. Good one for him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

For a winger, what he has done in Scotland is basic. Nothing spectacular at all. He needs better figures and performances than that to get noticed.

Even Moussa Dembele of Lyon was in Scotland once and tearing things up but he never got the attention. He left for France and lad is now in the true eyes of scouts.

I am indulging you today because you just told a big gaff about Dembele. I need to set the record straight before you mislead the less informed here.

That's entirely and completely untrue the bold .

I have known Dembele for quite a long time. He has been the best youth player striker l have seen with my eyes up close and personal.

I have gone to matched with heads of recruitment of EPL clubs not top 10 clubs who simply said they could not afford him but would greatly desire to have him.

During one January transfer window Chelsea once offered £50 million for him but he and Celtic refused.

Before he went to Celtic he had multiple offers from EPL clubs. When he was playing U18 Manchester United wanted him he declined.

He was always thinking about long term progression and development not immediate monetary gains.

With regards to Ojo Newcastle once offered £10 million for him but Seyi and Liverpool refused.

What he has done is not basic, it's not just about the league but the club as well. Rangers as a club just like Celtic have a higher rating that exceeds thier league.

Don't forget that the darling of this threads club Villareal struggled against this lowly Rangers in last season UEFA cup.

Before Sone Aluko came to the EPL he played for Rangers, that should tell you something.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Idowu started their UCL match against atm. Good one for him

No he didn't

Came on in the 33rd minute

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ok
Earthquake1:

No he didn't

Came on in the 33rd minute
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Couldn't help but notice one very young Nigerian player playing for Reading against Fulham in the midfield.

His name is Michael Olise looks like Delta Ibo name l could be wrong. He is 17.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
komekn:
Couldn't help but notice one very young Nigerian player playing for Reading against Fulham in the midfield.

His name is Michael Olise looks like Delta Ibo name l could be wrong. He is 17.

he is a French citizen too...
I think he is already playing for France youth team.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:01am On Oct 02, 2019
komekn:

I am indulging you today because you just told a big gaff about Dembele. I need to set the record straight before you mislead the less informed here.

I have known Dembele for quite a long time. He has been the best youth player striker l have seen with my eyes up close and personal.

I have gone to matched with heads of recruitment of EPL clubs not top 10 clubs who simply said they could not afford him but would greatly desire to have him.

During one January transfer window Chelsea once offered £50 million for him but he and Celtic refused.

Before he went to Celtic he had multiple offers from EPL clubs. When he was playing U18 Manchester United wanted him he declined.

He was always thinking about long term progression and development not immediate monetary gains.

With regards to Ojo Newcastle once offered £10 million for him but Seyi and Liverpool refused.

What he has done is not basic, it's not just about the league but the club as well. Rangers as a club just like Celtic have a higher rating that exceeds thier league.

Don't forget that the darling of this threads club Villareal struggled against this lowly Rangers in last season UEFA cup.

Before Sone Aluko came to the EPL he played for Rangers, that should tell you something.

then how much did Lyon recruit him?
I mean Dembele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Psittacus(m): 12:08am On Oct 02, 2019
Happy independence sports loving Nigeria.. if there's an area we have made our presence felt in the past 59 Years. Lucky guess is sports. Nigerians are everywhere all over the globe leaving indelible marks, for those who represent and for those who turn out in other countries colour... in the coming years I pray for more trophies in our cabinets, and more accolades for our players.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:08am On Oct 02, 2019
I knew when Newcastle were interested in signing ojo but Liverpool declined the offer which I believe both parties are regretting now.

It's only those who know little about the Scottish league will look down on the likes of rangers, Celtic and even Aberdeen. These are traditional British clubs with rich history and followership.

Great players have emerged from the Scottish league and moved on to bigger leagues and clubs.

Swedish great Larson moved to almighty barca from Celtic, dembele few seasons ago joined lyon from the same Celtic, nakamura is is rated as one of the best ever to emerge from the Asian continent and also one of the best free kick takers I have ever seen made a name in European competitions in the colors of Celtic, petrov moved from Celtic to Aston Villa which was a strong side then in the epl, van djke who is rated as the best cb in the world currently moved from Celtic to the epl just to mention a few.

Then when rangers and Celtic were steady performers in the UCL there were hard nut to crack for EPL teams in the competition especially fergie's man utd.

The Scottish league is poor but that doesn't rub off the pedegree rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic have in European football.
komekn:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:11am On Oct 02, 2019
Lyon bought him for around 16m euros
Humility017:

then how much did Lyon recruit him?
I mean Dembele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:13am On Oct 02, 2019
Yea his mom is French. He currently plays for one of French youth teams. He is a CM/AM and a good prospect too. He is highly rated in reading
Humility017:

he is a French citizen too...
I think he is already playing for France youth team.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:58am On Oct 02, 2019
There is nothing misleading. Dembele was making the numbers in Scotland yet he never had a chance of getting a look in at international level. He was making the numbers and rumors of EPL persisted but what happened? Nothing. All was hogwash. If he indeed was offered 50 million and the offer was concrete then what stopped him making the jump??

He made the move to France eventually and for how much abeg?? 50 million? Looll

Good thing is he is now making the numbers again at Lyon and guess what? Scouts from the Big 4 leagues are now keenly hovering around the lad. How come such concrete interest didn't come his way while in Scotland? Only rumors and hogwash news.

The point is simple. Dembele in France is now getting better attention and taken far seriously than when he was in Scotland. Nothing misleading about that.

I know you a Dembele fanboy naa. Have you forgotten I used to tag you Dembele's Uncle? grin Back then when you walked in here and always had good things to say about the lad while you talked down our Nigerian youngsters. Indeed you have come a long way. Lol.

And I insist that what Ojo has achieved is basic. A 38 year old Defoe is tearing that lowly league to pieces. Week in, week out Defoe is still scoring in Scotland. Ojo as an attacking winger has to do more than he has done and his performances have been nothing spectacular at all. He had not had a storming game this season. Just basic and decent showings here and there. I know because I have taken the time to watch some of his games. And Villarreal struggling with Rangers is the point you wanna make? I guess Real Madrid struggling with Club Brugge also shows how really strong Belgium too must be and remember the Belgian league is classes above the Scottish league on the UEFA league strengths ratings. No.8 is not on same level with No.19.

komekn:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:02am On Oct 02, 2019
Ok, Gnabry is officially a legend. Best caption

North London is definitely Red..

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 02, 2019
Psittacus:
Happy independence sports loving Nigeria.. if there's an area we have made our presence felt in the past 59 Years. Lucky guess is sports. Nigerians are everywhere all over the globe leaving indelible marks, for those who represent and for those who turn out in other countries colour... in the coming years I pray for more trophies in our cabinets, and more accolades for our players.

We need to invest in Basketball, Track and Field and Rugby. Those are arguably our most popular emerging sports after soccer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:10am On Oct 02, 2019
Lol... This lad has done more for Gunners fans in one night than Pepe has done since the season began. grin

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44am On Oct 02, 2019
My position has always been showing interests in Nigerians groomed abroad should not stop you from devoloping football domestically. The NFF, club management and all stakeholders in this need to be proactive.

It’s not a lot of work to court foreign bred players. compared to the enormous work needed to get our system working at home. The NFF on their part are only following the fastest way to get results. They are being lazy and not looking at the big picture - the huge potential in our homefront. Delayed gratification is not in their dictionary. Clubs as well are not looking to the future. In my opinion, I think it’s the general mentality. People want money sharp sharp.

Earthquake1:

Agbolanhor, Solanke, Jordan Ibe,John Fashanu @ the bolded

Also these guys were born in England and raised in England, The English FA sponsored them through youth training and different tournaments.

We should be respectful of ourselves enough to have our own production line and not be seen as vultures that poach only when the talent has been groomed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dotun159(m): 4:10am On Oct 02, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
There is nothing misleading. Dembele was making the numbers in Scotland yet he never had a chance of getting a look in at international level. He was making the numbers and rumors of EPL persisted but what happened? Nothing. All was hogwash. If he indeed was offered 50 million and the offer was concrete then what stopped him making the jump??

He made the move to France eventually and for how much abeg?? 50 million? Looll

Good thing is he is now making the numbers again at Lyon and guess what? Scouts from the Big 4 leagues are now keenly hovering around the lad. How come such concrete interest didn't come his way while in Scotland? Only rumors and hogwash news.

The point is simple. Dembele in France is now getting better attention and taken far seriously than when he was in Scotland. Nothing misleading about that.

I know you a Dembele fanboy naa. Have you forgotten I used to tag you Dembele's Uncle? grin Back then when you walked in here and always had good things to say about the lad while you talked down our Nigerian youngsters. Indeed you have come a long way. Lol.

And I insist that what Ojo has achieved is basic. A 38 year old Defoe is tearing that lowly league to pieces. Week in, week out Defoe is still scoring in Scotland. Ojo as an attacking winger has to do more than he has done and his performances have been nothing spectacular at all. He had not had a storming game this season. Just basic and decent showings here and there. I know because I have taken the time to watch some of his games. And Villarreal struggling with Rangers is the point you wanna make? I guess Real Madrid struggling with Club Brugge also shows how really strong Belgium too must be and remember the Belgian league is classes above the Scottish league on the UEFA league strengths ratings. No.8 is not on same level with No.19.

https:///EdfA3kXEOtP8yhVCxegyOM

Manchester united update
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:05am On Oct 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Did it in Grand style in enemy's territory cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7233) (7234) (7235) (7236) (7237) (7238) (7239) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness, Tessyy1701, AndSunGorilla, Marjoribanks, EEGA, dymusty86, abbey086(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.