Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11753863 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7303) (7304) (7305) (7306) (7307) (7308) (7309) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
andrew444:

Gulder ultimate search is more educative than bb9a, everyone knows this

Na dem know why dem don stop am since

nah oga jihdey dey ask how the show dey take improve IQ,

there is nothing in bbn, other than the cash, exposure, networking and imorality

shey you know say MERCY ss nah fakegrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LaMujer: 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
wayodude:

A simpler scenario of where we are is this.

Imagine Abraham, Tomori and Otabor are friends.

Abraham and Tomori see that Otabor has been invited to the SE but they know deep down he is no where near good enough and ought not to have received that call. They will conclude that we perhaps don't know what we really are doing. This thought will drift across other youngsters we have our eyes on poaching from England. I used the word poach because I believe England have made them what they are so should have first refusal of their services if sentiment is cast aside.

They will right now undoubtedly be thinking they have made the RIGHT choice in ignoring Nigeria.

And then if Otabor gets to come good and probably explodes, gets to have 30+ caps for Nigeria, winning nations cup too

But then, A & T get to end up with just about 5 caps with no significant impacts,

would they still think they made the right choice?

After all, we're all considering scenarios

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
Earthquake1:

He is not 100% fit

It would be risky to feature him in this high caliber match

100% my ass,
somebody that had been playing steadily for his club under 23, and clocking more than 70mins is not fit,

what kind of fitness iffa might

is it thatn of match fitness or what?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LaMujer: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
andrew444:

Gulder ultimate search is more educative than bb9a, everyone knows this

Na dem know why dem don stop am since

Nigerians don't sell on educative shows, it's a surprise it stayed that long.

I'm not sure "the debaters" on channels did 3 seasons before it became lost.

It's these kinda shows Nigerians like, they know, and they're giving us.

We won't sit down to watch "the debaters" not even cowbell mathematics competition and the likes. Abeg, I can't lament on something I know won't change

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
DrKlever:
lol which kain Otabor. He can't play that match grin

lets watch and see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
do4luv14:

guilder ultimate search will teach you many thing name them,
survive instint, geography, endurance

will that of maltina dance all will bring out the creative you tru dance and other interestin facts about culture
ah oga jihday if those no improve IQ,
then ah no no wetin go improve am

Do you know how many times the housemates in the house had to perform to win prizes? You think they just have sex all day?

They had to come up with stage plays, Seyi does great voice over, Sir Dee and Frodd are good actors, Tacha did a make-up to age Venita, Joe drew the coat of arms in FIVE MINUTES using ketchup and other household items.Ike, Venita and Khaffi are experts in puzzles, they can solve any puzzle in minutes.

Last season, Alex won a Dano Milk challenge after she wrote and presented a poem for her mother, Tobi won a Heritage Bank Challenge after coming up with a Business Plan.

You don't watch the show, or you would not think something as mediocre as Maltina Dance All is better than BBN. I understand we all have our standards, but your level of information determines this standard.

The only thing MDA does, is promote family unity, and this is in the RARE instance that the entire family actually comes on the show, because half the time, it is neighbors and uncles filling up the numbers. You cannot finish watching something like So You Think You Can Dance and rate Maltina Dance All undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
do4luv14:

there is nothing in bbn, other than the cash, exposure, networking and imorality

this is the only thing you know of the show, Mercy's ass.

You don't know Ike is a graduate of Mathematics, you don't know Khaffi is a great presenter, you don't know Jackye is a tech-enthusiast.

You don't watch the show, you're another one of those uninformed people that waits for one dense mod to move a thread about Mercy's ass or Tacha's body odour to know what is on the show, then you will come and shout about immorality.

If the only thing you can grasp on a show that soans three months is the immorality, then it says more about you than about the show.

Gulder Ultimate Search is just a 2-week program, only God knows how many of the participants would be having sex if the show had to go three months like BBN.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2019
safarigirl:

Do you know how many times the housemates in the house had to perform to win prizes? You think they just have sex all day?

They had to come up with stage plays, Seyi does great voice over, Sir Dee and Frodd are good actors, Tacha did a make-up to age Venita, Joe drew the coat of arms in FIVE MINUTES using ketchup and other household items.Ike, Venita and Khaffi are experts in puzzles, they can solve any puzzle in minutes.

Last season, Alex won a Damn Milk challenge after she wrote and presented a power for her mother, Tobi won a Heritage Bank Challenge after coming up with a Business Plan.

You don't watch the show, or you would not think something as mediocre as Maltina Dance All is better than BBN. I understand we all have our standards, but your level of information determines this standard.

The only thing MDA does, is promote family unity, and this is in the RARE instance that the entire family actually comes on the show, because half the time, it is neighbors and uncles filling up the numbers. You cannot finish watching something like So You Think You Can Dance and rate Maltina Dance All undecided
Wow! This is how you kill an argument!
@Safarigirl you killed it Girl.
I have to definitely start watching the show!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
do4luv14:

100% my ass,
somebody that had been playing steadily for his club under 23, and clocking more than 70mins is not fit,

what kind of fitness iffa might

is it thatn of match fitness or what?

There's a reason he's still playing with the U23s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2019
Neither ebuehi nor otabor will play

Simon will replace kalu
Awaziem will replace ola

U heard it here first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
#otaborgatescandal

The next thing we are going to hear is how he impressed so much in camp and is starting the game! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
wayodude:
#otaborgatescandal

The next thing we are going to hear is how he impressed so much in camp and is starting the game! grin
so annoying.
not even Dessers with 5 goals this season was called up....

Rohr is taking Nigerians for granted...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
Prectega:
Neither ebuehi nor otabor will play

Simon will replace kalu
Awaziem will replace ola

U heard it here first
yo i forgot Moses simon is there. Dude can play wing back well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
LaMujer:

Nigerians don't sell on educative shows, it's a surprise it stayed that long.

I'm not sure "the debaters" on channels did 3 seasons before it became lost.

It's these kinda shows Nigerians like, they know, and they're giving us.

We won't sit down to watch "the debaters" not even cowbell mathematics competition and the likes. Abeg, I can't lament on something I know won't change

wow my guy ya head dey dia

did you watch and take part in PATITOS GANG?

That show was/issa bomb mehn seeing young minds going head to head with different economic policies

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ersonleads(m): 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
comodo:
What time be d match self.
by 1pm Nigeria time on sunday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
do4luv14:

Lol na dem sabi abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
safarigirl:

Last season, Alex won a Dano Milk challenge after she wrote and presented a poem for her mother, Tobi won a Heritage Bank Challenge after coming up with a Business Plan.

hmmmm
firstly I never discredit the entire show,
as i said earlier my goose had always been the inmorality part ,

its southgate that discredit the show by calling it nonsense

anyway am sorry iffa made you angry with my comments

i kmow of all you list, even Tacha too was a university graduate

but i rest my case thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
Profiling Brazil's Likely Danger Men In Sunday's Friendly Against Nigeria
Published: October 09, 2019
Profiling Brazil's Likely Danger Men In Sunday's Friendly Against Nigeria
Ahead of the eagerly anticipated friendly between the Super Eagles and Brazil, it could be interesting to take a peek at some of the opposition players who will most likely be Tite's secret weapon in Singapore.

The Seleção will be hurting after seeing their 17-game unbeaten run halted by Peru last time out and though they have the business of facing Senegal just before Nigeria, they will want to take some measure of pride by besting two of the best countries in the continent.

Below are five of these players who could be strutting their stuff on Sunday against Gernot Rohr's team,

Neymar Junior: Unarguably the biggest name on the Brazil roster for this weekend's games. The Paris Saint Germain attacker is blessed with some talent and has always shown thus on the field of play, as his four league goals in five games already depicts.

Should he get some minutes versus the Super Eagles on Sunday, William Troost-Ekong and Co. will have their hands full stopping the record-chasing star who is the third highest goalscorer for the Brazilian national team, having struck 61 goals in 99 matches, just one behind the legendary Ronaldo (62 goals in 98 games).

Fabinho: Another player to watch out for on Sunday will be Liverpool's midfielder Fabinho.

A seasoned performer at top level football, the 25-year-old has become a household name in the English Premier League and is one of his manager's trusted hands, for both club and country.

He is most likely to be deployed from the off against Nigeria and will be tasked with orchestrating his team's play from deep.

Renan Lodi: Lodi has seen his stock rise recently after making the jump from Athletico Parana in the Brazilian league to join Diego Simeone's Atletico in La Liga for whom he has churned out some eye-catching performances this season.

Adept at playing on either flanks of the defensive line, the 21-year-old is well known for his marauding runs into the opposition box.

Gabriel Barbosa: Gabriel is Neymar's trusted deputy. When he is not scoring the goals himself, he could be tucking off and harrying the defenders and laying them on.

His numbers in the Brazilian Serie A makes for grim reading for opposing defenders, as he is averaging one goal per game (18) he has played for Flamengo this season.

Richarlison: And rounding off our most likely thorn-in-the flesh Samba Boys will be Everton's striker, Richarlison who will be meeting his club pal, Alex Iwobi at the Singapore national stadium for this one.

He is a willing enough worker for his team and his skillset is not particularly down to plundering the goals but also his capability to take on opponents with his searing pace.

The 22-year-old striker who has scored thrice for his club this season could be leading the lines for his side on Sunday.

Emmanuel Chinaza
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=33948#.XZ3mmVNN9_w.facebook
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
DrKlever:
Now that our team strenght is obviously depleted what formation would you rather Rohr play against Brazil. A 3 man defense of Ekong, Awaziem and AJayi then midfield Collins( not sure he can pay WB)-Ndidi-Aribo-Ebuehi(not fit) forwards. Iwobi-Osimhen-Chukwueze in a 3-4-3 formation for me. We seriously have an issue with, Kalu, Omueruo and Aina out. I really do not wish to see Seun in action. sad

Been reading through the posts made here through the day, while others were/are busy discussing reality TV shows, this is the only reasonable post av I come across.

Nice formation, though, I would play Simon ahead of Collins

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
#BRANGA: The Neymar-Alves Combo

Who is the player with most passes to Neymar Jr.’s goals with Seleção?

Dani Alves, of course.

4 assists.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
Samuel Kalu out, Ola Aina out, Ahmed Musa No show, Kenneth Omeruo out, Leon Balogun missing in action, Kelechi Iheanacho no show.... Tyrone Ebuehi not 100% fit.

We missing some established names/keymen no doubt for this friendly.

But with Samuel Chukwueze, Victor Osimhen, Joe Aribo, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi, Peter Etebo, William Troost Ekong, Francis Uzoho, Ramon Azeez, Semi Ajayi, Moses Simon, Paul Onuachu, Emmanuel Bonaventure, etc.... I expect a battle from our boys.

We got 4days to go. I'm not losing sleep over this game. Brazil are clearly the favs while we are the underdogs. I expect an interesting contest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
LaMujer:
Abeg, me I get question.

Taking into account the -Nigerian turned- Bahrain lady, and the now mentioned Spanish Obikwelu.

Abeg, were these people of dual nationality before? I mean, I thought the Bahrain lady was a full blooded Nigerian, I don't know, but how did they switch nationality. Or is there a provision in these sports that people can represent whichever country they like, whether or not they have ties there?

I'm just wondering nii o, because I know that doesn't go in footie

IAAF rule allows athletes to switch allegiance at will...
Its not just Nigerian athletes dumping the country every year...literally hundreds have followed that path. even Nigeria has poached a few athletes from the US ..
However, we are losing our best athletes because they structure to develop them doesn't exists....

Ese Brume that won our first medal at the world championship since 2013 was given a hero welcome by her school in Turkey.. the Nigerian government hasn't said anything about rewarding her.. she is a Commonwealth champion,and 4 times African champion and is just 23 years old!! Another country may come for her...

Modified: even Kenya that take athletic seriously have lost a lot of their athletes to other countries especially Bahrain and Qatar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2019
safarigirl:
this is the only thing you know of the show, Mercy's ass.

You don't know Ike is a graduate of Mathematics, you don't know Khaffi is a great presenter, you don't know Jackye is a tech-enthusiast.

You don't watch the show, you're another one of those uninformed people that waits for one dense mod to move a thread about Mercy's ass or Tacha's body odour to know what is on the show, then you will come and shout about immorality.

If the only thing you can grasp on a show that soans three months is the immorality, then it says more about you than about the show.

Gulder Ultimate Search is just a 2-week program, only God knows how many of the participants would be having sex if the show had to go three months like BBN.

kia!!!!
Sir Andrew you see wetin e don cause now

see aunty no just para for me nah
nah sir Andrew ah dey trowey yarn wit nah

nah innite boys chairman you suppose para for nah

ok as ah post like dis so, ah done surrender
abeg no vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
ChrisKels:

Been reading through the posts made here through the day, while others were/are busy discussing reality TV shows, this is the only reasonable post av I come across.

Nice formation, though, I would play Simon ahead of Collins
lol i just weak for them oooh. Yes, i also prefere a Moses Simon there. Don't be surprised Rohr will play a 4-2-3-1 with Collins-Ajayi-Ekong-Shehu in defence and Double pivot Ndidi-Aribo then Etebo AM with Iwobi-Osimhen-Chukwueze(Moses) playing forward. That man is sick at times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by slegend(m): 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
Earthquake1:

There's a reason he's still playing with the U23s
Ebuehi has never been a starter,,,so him playing with the U23s makes him prepared when called from the bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
slegend:

Ebuehi has never been a starter,,,so him playing with the U23s makes him prepared when called from the bench.

Rohr will not play him so no need for long talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
We need to go with 3 men at the back to avoid Brazil 'suyarizing' us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by slegend(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
Earthquake1:

Rohr will not play him so no need for long talk
Yea you are right...But if the game gives us alot of space in the second half...he will surely be introduced.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
zuchyblink:
We need to go with 3 men at the back to avoid Brazil 'suyarizing' us

We need to play our normal pattern
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2019
Earthquake1:

We need to play our normal pattern
most times you use weird pattern to beat a team better than you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
I think we need to soak the middle since the back is already depleted before Ekong does an own goal again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7303) (7304) (7305) (7306) (7307) (7308) (7309) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TurbinePower(f), lelion, Christinu2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.