Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11697954 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7471) (7472) (7473) (7474) (7475) (7476) (7477) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:48am On Oct 29, 2019
Hey Tbaba1234 10 minutes added in Mexico vs Paraguay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:48am On Oct 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Lmao I dey wait for the day wey my boy aribo go Bleep up. No be here we dey cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Same way I am waiting for the next match. Just to see Iwobi's performance. He plays well, good for the SE but if not, I will be watching out for reaction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:51am On Oct 29, 2019
Cameroon can still come out of the group even with a loss but they need to improve in the next game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51am On Oct 29, 2019
Well even from the U-17 Afcon, this Camerounian team is not a scoring team. They play 0-0 and win on penalties. Funny thing is Tajikistan is like that too. A low scoring side who plays 1-1 and wins on penalties. They used this tactic of theirs to reach the final in their Qualifiers where Japan humbled them by just 1-0.

BascoVanVeli:

I don't see them scoring a goal tonight maybe next time.

Chai Tajikistan almost scored with a training ground set piece special.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:52am On Oct 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Hey Tbaba1234 10 minutes added in Mexico vs Paraguay

And there is a good reason for it, isn't there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:52am On Oct 29, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Lets be a little objective and reasonable here, guys. Iwobi has been nothing but a consistent flop back to back with little flash in the pan. This is a boy who is saddled with the responsibility of orchestrating the Eagles attack ,yet he can barely hold a ball for more than 1 second just because he lacks the stamina, the skill and confidence to man up and face his fears. We have continued to play that misery of an attacking midfielder just because we are short in supply and now you guys want to bring the school boy dada from Queen Park Ranhers to come and continue the mockery. This is just too painful.
If you want to play Iwobi do so because you have no better option because of your incompetence in finding a decent attacking midfielder in a country of over 170 million people. You guys have been crawling all over the place begging, crying and wailing to convince a crappy little nigga from England to come play for you. Its getting to the point where 70% of our senior team will be dominated by little weak niggaz from England...these intruders will adversely affect the style of our play. You guys are not seeing the big picture.
Very soon super eagles will start playing like bunch of init sissies from England....wake up guys. Why must we beg for everything, black men! And those boys will end up marrying white bitches and give their wealth to the Europeans. None of them will marry a Nigerian woman,none. They are inferiors!!

The part of your writeup I agree with
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:53am On Oct 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

All of our attacks were centered around Iwobi.. Every counter had Iwobi involved, He was pivotal to the good things we did that day.

There are other players who did well but Iwobi to me was the best player that day.

Not true at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:54am On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

Not true at all

He was definitely not poor..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:56am On Oct 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
This one show say the guy no dey watch match

That is how you people talk here. Once someone's opinion is different from popular opinion, then it is either the person doesn't watch football or is not knowledgeable about it. Has it occurred to you that people will always see things differently?

The same way I warned you guys about Mikel and was seen as a hater. The rest they say is history. I will be watching and waiting as usual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:06am On Oct 29, 2019
The indomitable "cubs" of Cameroon were unimpressive

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:07am On Oct 29, 2019
You dey yan like Donald Trump

OMANBALA1:

Lets be a little objective and reasonable here, guys. Iwobi has been nothing but a consistent flop back to back with little flash in the pan. This is a boy who is saddled with the responsibility of orchestrating the Eagles attack ,yet he can barely hold a ball for more than 1 second just because he lacks the stamina, the skill and confidence to man up and face his fears. We have continued to play that misery of an attacking midfielder just because we are short in supply and now you guys want to bring the school boy dada from Queen Park Ranhers to come and continue the mockery. This is just too painful.
If you want to play Iwobi do so because you have no better option because of your incompetence in finding a decent attacking midfielder in a country of over 170 million people. You guys have been crawling all over the place begging, crying and wailing to convince a crappy little nigga from England to come play for you. Its getting to the point where 70% of our senior team will be dominated by little weak niggaz from England...these intruders will adversely affect the style of our play. You guys are not seeing the big picture.
Very soon super eagles will start playing like bunch of init sissies from England....wake up guys. Why must we beg for everything, black men! And those boys will end up marrying white bitches and give their wealth to the Europeans. None of them will marry a Nigerian woman,none. They are inferiors!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:12am On Oct 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Joebie:
You dey yan like Donald Trump

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:22am On Oct 29, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Ehen Bia Charlesemeka85 and Andrew... Make una pack well Biko. grin grin grin

Free K.Nwakali naa... Free the guy abeg. Haba... Loolll

Hahahahah

na yur man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:38am On Oct 29, 2019

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 5:48am On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

Go and find out yourself. Since you're on Nairaland, it means that you have access to data and internet. Okay??
Pessimistic you will avoid this subject but find it alright to come with your own doom theories.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Almighty jj had 73 caps and 14 goals for 9ja while much maligned Iwobi has 6 goals in 37 caps and he is just 23
No mind them especially that doomelf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

It won't be bad if ROhr tries him out in that position

He plays there because Granada like to press high and he starts the pressing for them due to his high workrate

Not that he can create

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:12am On Oct 29, 2019
Icon4s:
Nairaland Nigerian Footbal Fans Awards - 2019 Edition

Schedule of activities:
1. 1st to 8th of November, 2019: Nomination of committee members for Players and awards categories selection.

2. 9th to11th November, 2019: Collation and Publishing of Committe members who are to select players and awards categories.

3. 25th November to 4th December, 2019: Selection of players and awards categories by the awards committee members.

4. 9th to 16th December, 2019: Voting of nominated players for different award categories.

5. 16th to 18th of December, 2019: Collation of results.

6. Thursday 19th December, 2019: announcement of winners of different awards categories.

Rules for nominations of awards committee members which will commence on 1st November, 2019:

1. You can nominate any moniker of your choice, excluding yourself.
2. Every member of the house is up for nomination.
3. It is advised that you nominate a moniker that has a very good overall knowledge of Nigerian Football (Senior, Youth and Female Football)
4. You can only nominate one person.

The above rules for nomination Shall be published again on 1st November, 2019.

God bless Nigerian Football!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:15am On Oct 29, 2019
2019 CAF U23 AFCON: Esperance’s Atavti Eager To Learn

By Tunde Liadi

Esperance of Tunisia defender, Samuel Pila Atavti has expressed his desire to give his best in the camp of the Under 23 team after his arrival for the team’s build up to the 2019 CAF U23 AFCON slated for Egypt.

Atavti

Atavti was discovered from a kickabout tournament in Gboko, Benue State two years ago organized by a former U20 international defender of Union Sportive Monastir also in the Tunisian league, Moses Orkuma.

He put the tournament in place to scout any of his kinsmen who is endowed with football skills for his former team, Stade Gabesien and it was there the outstanding Atavti was snapped up.

Atavti signed a five-year contract with Stade Gabesien after he impressed while on trials with them after his outstanding performance in the tournament organised in Gboko and he rose through the rank to become a regular player in his first and only season with them.

He had to change club at the end of last season after Stade Gabesien were relegated to the lower league and it was a career-changing opportunity when Esperance came calling for him at the start of the current campaign.

The defender told SportingLife.ng that he is eager to make his invitation count.

“It was just like a whirlwind and I am grateful to God for it when I got a call from coach Imama
Amapakabor that I am needed in the camp and that I must start coming immediately,” Atavti told SportingLife.ng.

“I am in camp now and doing my best. I hope my story will inspire others to pursue their dream and not relent until they succeed. I promise to give my best while leaving the rest to God.”

https://sportinglife.ng/2019-caf-u23-afcon-esperances-atavti-eager-to-learn/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:16am On Oct 29, 2019
tbaba1234:
The indomitable "cubs" of Cameroon were unimpressive

Just like in their pre-tournament games.

You come to wonder how they won the U17 AFCON. That is Cameroon. Their share descipline and determination with some elements of luck help them in tournaments especially on African soil.

They still have Spain and Argentina to play in that group. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheTega(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2019
NEW EPISODE �

Hi, Guys, I have a new episode of my weekly Football Podcast
We spoke on the Golden Eaglets performance Vs Hungary in their first match at the FIFA u-17 World cup, we also discussed

- The Bad Ebening At Arsenal
- Pulisic Magic
- Liverpool's Form
- Manchester United penalty problems
- is EPL the new farmers League?
- Wizkid/Tiwa Savage Bestie Relationship
- Waist Bead Thread

DOWNLOAD: https://www.360nobs.com/2019/10/download-the-viewing-center-podcast-episode-6/

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/ng/podcast/trouble-at-arsenal-pulisic-magic-liverpool-unbeaten/id1450713809?i=1000455323176

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/51eZ4PHpFzH3yXoDGrlwvC?si=J-5WhgEAQ2-RSZWyIhSCCw

Appreciate the feedback as usual, Thank you

#TVCPodcast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2019
The U23s are currently playing Niger Tornadoes. No goals so far, almost half time.

Tornadoes will be playing in thr NNL this season, they lost the Aiteo Cup final to Kano Pillars and were eliminated in the first round of the CAFCC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2019
40 year old Uzoho is 20 today !!!!! Inside life

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Kalapizim:
Pessimistic you will avoid this subject but find it alright to come with your own doom theories.

This time you are wasting in quoting me should be put into good use for finding the answers you seek.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Didn't Iwobi play for England at youth level?

It never occurred to you that the English FA swooped in to give him a call up to their u21 side when he was at the verge of been capped by oliseh then in the friendly get together at Belgium?

If England never wanted him why did hogson made an attempt to stop him at Heathrow Airport?

I really don't make claims that are not verifiable where another individual is concerned. Can you substantiate the bold it you are relying on hearsay.

Just by organisationl culture and established etiquette. No England manager would usurp the role of the Youth team manager and undermine all the scouting team. To pick out one player hr likes, it just isn't plausible.

Now consider the handful of games Iwobi played for England youth. Is that the characteristic of a player they regard as a major prospect. He was not called up for two years after playing in the U18's is it not obvious he was at that TIME not considered good enough.

You are speculatiing by your own self birthed understanding.

The screen shot from the Guardian one of the more reputable media outlets tells the story.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

The same way they "scouted" Onyekuru

Just don't expect much from it

I just dey post wetin I see ooo grin

He can only go to one club from here so you are very correct everything should be taken with a grain of salt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
Icon4s:

Just like in their pre-tournament games.

You come to wonder how they won the U17 AFCON. That is Cameroon. Their share descipline and determination with some elements of luck help them in tournaments especially on African soil.

They still have Spain and Argentina to play in that group. undecided

For me we were the most quality side in that competition but the physicality that was allowed hampered us. Cameroon won't have scored even if they played until this afternoon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
How Nigeria forward Osimhen adapted to life in Lille

Taiye Taiwo
goal.com

The Nigeria forward has turned in excellent performances in the French top-flight since he moved to Stade Pierre Mauroy in July

Victor Osimhen said the experiences he had at Wolfsburg and Sporting Charleroi, as well Christophe Gatlier’s warm reception, have helped him settled down well in Lille.

After helping Nigeria lift the 2015 Fifa U-17 World Cup in Chile, Osimhen sealed a move to Bundesliga side Wolfsburg where he played 14 top-flight games in two seasons.

He struggled to establish himself in the German city and thus, secured a move to Belgium where he played the entire 2018-19 season and scored 12 goals in 25 league matches.

Subsequently, he was signed by Lille as Nicolas Pepe's replacement, who had moved to Arsenal in the off-season.

With seven goals in nine Ligue 1 matches so far this season, Osimhen has apparently found his feet in France and he has revealed the factors behind his quick adaptation.

“The experience accumulated in Wolfsburg and Charleroi helped me adapt in Lille,” Osimhen told BeIN Sport.

“I watched the club last season, there are great players here, my priority is to get into the game as quickly as possible and prove to the fans what I can do, I want to continue like this.

“The first time I arrived in Lille, he [Gatlier] spoke to me and told me that I will be important to the team, even before touching a single ball, he told me that he had seen many of my matches with Charleroi.

“For a young player like me, there is no better motivation. Since I got here, he has been wonderful to me. Even when I play a bad match, he speaks to me, explain to me my mistakes and try to make me progress during the training sessions.

“It is for me to return to the field what it brings me everyday and I want to continue to make him happy with my performances. He is one of the architects of my career and I will never forget that.”

Despite the early challenges he faced in his early years in Africa, the Super Eagles forward is delighted with his career progress.

“It was very difficult, when I lost my mother, it became even more so, my father lost his job and everything was very hard for us, we did not have enough to eat, but now I can give my family everything they want, since I've been a professional I've been able to quickly break the deadlock and give them the life they deserve," he added.

On Saturday, Osimhen limped out of Lille's 3-0 win over Bordeaux due to a muscle strain but the Great Danes will hope to have the 20-year-old back in good shape when they travel to Marseille for their next Ligue 1 fixture on November 2.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Afobear:
40 year old Uzoho is 20 today !!!!! Inside life

That was yesterday you drunk villain, besides he clocked 21.

Now take this... Your daily Medications grin

[img]https://media./images/2c1f450dddbc9a4de8a514def6a9431f/tenor.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
darkelf:

This time you are wasting in quoting me should be put into good use for finding the answers you seek.
Dont shift the goal post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
AFCON U-23: Imama sweats on Nwakali’s fitness

Dream Team VII Head Coach, Imama Amapakabo will have to work round the clock to ensure midfielder Kelechi Nwakali will be for Nigeria’s opening game against Ivory Coast after the player appeared short of fitness in training, AOIFootball.com reports.

The 21-year-old has endured a pretty difficult 2019 on the field of play and appears to be match rusty, having last played a competitive game in September when he helped the Olympic Eagles to a comprehensive 5-0 thrashing of Sudan in Asaba.

Nwakali, who was the first foreign based player to arrive the team’s camp, has however been training hard to get fit before the country’s opener next month, with Imama also hopeful the player will be 100% ready before then.

The former Arsenal midfielder is expected to lead the Nigeria U-23 side in Egypt following the unavailability of team captain Azubuike Okechukwu who will almost certainly miss the tournament due to club duties.

Nigeria will begin their title defence against fellow West African brothers Ivory Coast on November 9 before also facing Zambia and South Africa, respectively in Group B.

The winner and runner up in the competition will automatically go on to represent Africa at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in Japan.

Source: AOIFOOTBALL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7471) (7472) (7473) (7474) (7475) (7476) (7477) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CaptainStephen(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.