Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11860406 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7482) (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) (7488) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 30, 2019
Meanwhile now that we have qualified, I hope Manu gives the other players a chance to show what they have. Especially Bichi Jnr. that boy must to play by fire by force grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:20am On Oct 30, 2019
DrKlever:
I'm pleased you understand what exactly my point is. These things don't just add up. I'm sure most people here know this but are just trying to ignore in other not to create ethnic disunity here. Unfortunately the issue is not with tribal bigotry but an obvious corruption in an age grade football selection which is an insult to us. I care less about the team winning. If dem like make dem win 10-0. We need to play good footbal and unearth great talents(which is more important). Else our Super eagles may be starved of quality players in future.

Can you mention the great players from those two regions you claimed to be most talented in Nigeria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21am On Oct 30, 2019
True.

I tip the likes of Samson Tijani, Akinkunmi Amoo, Ibraheem Jabaar, and Ibrahim Sa'id for big things.
Among them, Samson Tijani looks like this team's biggest talent alongside Amoo (Chriskel's Shaqiri grin )

Manu's team are not known for producing great defenders but remember he gave us Wilfred Ndidi too who Manu used as a CB but have evolved into a World class DM. But in this team, I think with the right management, Usman Ibrahim and Ferdinand Ikenna can grow into really decent CBs.

And as for the cup... My brother. We may win it ooo... Or we may not. Honestly, I don't think we will based on my thoughts now but never say never for Nigeria at this level. They can keep surprising and getting better. The talent and will power is there strongly.

somehow:
The boys did it once again.

They will keep proving bigots hiding behind their keyboards wrong.

Whether they end up winning the WorldCup or not, we can actually see real talents in this team.

They have already qualified from the group.

Hopefully Manu will work on the defence which appears to the main problem right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:21am On Oct 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the best footballers this nation have produced are mainly from the south east and south south, person wey no knw that one na confirm tribal bigot

Mention those best footballers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25am On Oct 30, 2019
Mbanu ooo... No way! Bichi can keep his place as head of the Bench club.

I would like to see Divine Nwachukwu (#17) and Peter Olawale (#12) feature at least.

Then that guy Dem give no.10... Peter Agba.. make we see whether him dey worthy to dey dorn that important number. He dey wear 10 yet he never play one minute sef... Na him must play by fire by force. You cannot wear our #10 jersey for nothing Mbanu! grin

Taliban:
Meanwhile now that we have qualified, I hope Manu gives the other players a chance to show what they have. Especially Bichi Jnr. that boy must to play by fire by force grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:26am On Oct 30, 2019
Iwobi produced some magic with his twinkle toes in the lead up to Everton's first goal.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Mbanu ooo... No way! Bichi can keep his place as head of the Bench club.

I would like to see Divine Nwachukwu (#17) and Peter Olawale (#12) feature at least.

Then that guy Dem give no.10... Peter Agba.. make we see whether him dey worthy to dey dorn that important number. He dey wear 10 yet he never play one minute sef... Na him must play by fire by force. You cannot wear our #10 jersey for nothing Mbanu! grin

How do you know what Bichi is made of. That boy must be special and so therefore he must to play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:46am On Oct 30, 2019
Well, some talk say he dey play like Beckham... and he is possibly the best crosser on the team. Me I no know that one. That's basic hearsay compared to what I have on Peter Olawale, Divine Nwachukwu and a few others. I only speak for the one I know... Lol

Bichi should pack well Biko. Personally I wanna see others like Divine and Olawale. But if Garba gives him a chance then so be it. No qualms.

Taliban:

How do you know what Bichi is made of. That boy must be special and so therefore he must to play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:21am On Oct 30, 2019
forgiveness:

he is right sha... save for few from the south west region....
the south south particularly Edo and Delta state have produced more footballers from the south south region....

you have
Kanu
Okocha
Victor Ikpeba
Amuneke
Yakubu
Aghahowa
Victor Moses
Mikel
and lots more...

south west have produced too...but of a truth they can't match the south east when it comes to football talents so far Nigeria have produced

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:28am On Oct 30, 2019
somehow:
The boys did it once again.

They will keep proving bigots hiding behind their keyboards wrong.

Whether they end up winning the WorldCup or not, we can actually see real talents in this team.

They have already qualified from the group.

Hopefully Manu will work on the defence which appears to the main problem right now.
It have always been and will always be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:28am On Oct 30, 2019
forgiveness:

Do you mean because the North produced the highest numbers of Nigeria rulers, they are better
rulers than the South?

Is it not the same hypocrites like you that will tag anyone from the North occupying a sensitive position as a product of quota system?

I can see ethnocentrism is worrying you.

Now, let me educate you a little. The main reason those two regions produce most of the footballers today is simply because of the culture that permits their children play football. It's never because they are more talented than other regions whose culture and religion forbids or discourages them from playing football.

Because facts on ground shows that the few that were allowed to play from other regions, later became the best in Africa. Can you debunk this?

If we go by the ratio of number of players produced and numbers of players that became top players, considering the amount of players produced by those two regions your mentioned, they are not the most talented. Facts

However, you will have to agree that recently, some of these regions are allowing their kids play football. It's doesn't mean they are better than players from those regions.

Nevertheless, my submission doesn't in anyway vilify or glorify any group because I still maintain my egalitarian values that all should be given equal opportunity.

If we go by your comment in the bolded, about transparent process of selection.....what transparent process rejected Emmanuel Adebayor from playing for the Nigeria U17? ....what about David Alaba?

Mr, I am not against your view regarding Manu's selection but I am against your ethnocentric view that SE and SS are the most talented people in football in Nigeria. Fat lie.

I think manu scouting this time wasn't done in all region....
though I won't write off other regions but going with past precedents the south east and south south have been known for producing some of the best crop of footballers that Nigeria has ever had....

the south south for instance have been know to always produce... good and talented strikers for the super eagles beginning from the year 2000 till date....
but I belief Manu really didn't scout well this time around...the talents are always there...
he should go around like the way he did in 2013.... that team was well spread and it paid off......

I am more concerned with talents from the southern part of the country...most I have always seen coming from the core north barely make significant progress...I will say because they're not too ambitious like the southern guys....

for example where is musa yahaya, Aliyu abubakar and co....?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:49am On Oct 30, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
We don't have that Isaac Success or Victor Osimhen in attack. That big and fast striker that will finish up opportunities for us. Then we also don't really have wingers apart from Amoo and even that one is also a midfielder at heart.

I hope Manu can try Divine Nwachukwu in the third game..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:52am On Oct 30, 2019
Uche okechukwu
Kanu nwankwo
JJ okocha
Sunday oliseh
Wilson oruma
Mikel obi
Alex iwobi
Troost ekong
Julius aghahowa
Stephen keshi
Kechi iheanacho
Victor oshimeh
Samuel Chukwueze
Kalu uche
Ikechukwu uche
Joseph yobo
Victor moses
Yakubu aiyegbeni
Finidi george
James obiora
Celestine babyaro
Victor ikpeba
Chidi nwanu
Ben iroha
Emmanuel emenike
Victor anichebe
Chinedu obasi
Onyekachi apam
Onyekachi okonkwo
Emma amuneke
Karibe ojigwe
Taribo west
Christian obodo
Henry onyekuru
Vincent enyeama
John utaka
Osaze odemwingie
Joel obi
Tyrone ebuehi
Francis uzoho
Kenneth omeruo
Chidozie awaziem
Isaac success
Chidera ejike
Jonathan akpoborie
Victor agali
Samuel kalu
Obinna nsofor
Wilfred ndidi

And lots more
forgiveness:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:54am On Oct 30, 2019
Ur comment shows u re a foetus in Nigerian sports lol
forgiveness:

It seems you are a toddler in sports.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2019
tbaba1234:

The corruption in this team is not tribal. Some people had too much influence in player selection, it was not tribal.

Manu Garba is the same person that produced Iheanacho, Ndidi, Chidi Nwakali and Isaac Success
Yes that's true. I never said the corruption is tribal but i only retaliated that if there was no corruption in the selection process it is impossible to see the list dominated by Yoruba and Hausa names considering the rich football culture of the SE and SS. That doesn't mean there are no good footballers from the west or north.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:19am On Oct 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I didn't want to say this because they will call me a supremacist but there is sense in this.....I am not saying Yoruba and Hausa can't play soccer or haven't produced good soccer players but we all know that the Midwest and the old Eastern region produced like over 80% of the best talents Nigeria ever paraded. I remember when I pointed out that northerners cant play attacking midfield position and they almost lynched me here....lol. But na true...lmao. Let Odua boys play....na one Naija naa until politrics enter...lol

Still it sort of bamboozling how the team is dominated by 90% unknown talents from one region. Assuming they were established players we can verify their inclusion it wont matter. Did Manu visited only Lagos, Ibadan and Kwara ? No single player from Midwest...come on. Did he not hold camp in Warri, Owerri , Aba , Benin,Enugu and Porthacourt ?
That's quite shocking sir. Corruption has been our bane in this country. The selection is obviously flawed. That doesn't mean Hausa and Yoruba can't play football, they can but not to the extent of having a list 90% dominated by then. Lai lai e no fit pure!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:26am On Oct 30, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oga talent can come from anywhere.
Did i say otherwise? Talent can come from anywhere but if i want to build a tech company and i need IT gurus in Nigeria be assured that i will most likely pick more Yorubas than any tribe in Nigeria because more of them are interested in it as such I'm guaranteed to find the finest minds there. Does that mean Igbos and Hausas are not good? No! I repeat, there is no way there will be transparent selection process and that list will have 90% Yoruba/Hausa domination. No way!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:28am On Oct 30, 2019
Danielnino00:

So u are trying to tell us that only kids from the south east and south south deserve to play football in this country ??
if you're being sincere with yourself, you would answer that question by yourself because none of my previous posts suggests what you just asked me about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2019
forgiveness:

Do you mean because the North produced the highest numbers of Nigeria rulers, they are better
rulers than the South?

Is it not the same hypocrites like you that will tag anyone from the North occupying a sensitive position as a product of quota system?

I can see ethnocentrism is worrying you.

Now, let me educate you a little. The main reason those two regions produce most of the footballers today is simply because of the culture that permits their children play football. It's never because they are more talented than other regions whose culture and religion forbids or discourages them from playing football.

Because facts on ground shows that the few that were allowed to play from other regions, later became the best in Africa. Can you debunk this?

If we go by the ratio of number of players produced and numbers of players that became top players, considering the amount of players produced by those two regions your mentioned, they are not the most talented. Facts

However, you will have to agree that recently, some of these regions are allowing their kids play football. It's doesn't mean they are better than players from those regions.

Nevertheless, my submission doesn't in anyway vilify or glorify any group because I still maintain my egalitarian values that all should be given equal opportunity.

If we go by your comment in the bolded, about transparent process of selection.....what transparent process rejected Emmanuel Adebayor from playing for the Nigeria U17? ....what about David Alaba?

Mr, I am not against your view regarding Manu's selection but I am against your ethnocentric view that SE and SS are the most talented people in football in Nigeria. Fat lie.

All what you just wrote is trash sir. Complete trash! It's very laughable that you're bringing in Politics which is election process into this. That itself makes your argument trash because politics is a game of number. Are you telling me that Buhari is the finest mind to rule us when you have the Adesina, Kinsley Moghalu, Osinbajo, and Ezekwesili etc?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:37am On Oct 30, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you mention the great players from those two regions you claimed to be most talented in Nigeria?
If you were not born today sir, do yourself a favour and use google search if you dont know. I hope I'm not engaging a primary school pupil here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2019
Wetin u dey expect frm dude wey been dey clamor for the inclusion of ajagun and kayode to the super eagles because inside of him he is pained that the west has few players from the region in the current eagles set up grin

Forgiveness u think say I no d knw motive behind ur ranting then lolz
DrKlever:
If you were not born today sir, do yourself a favour and use google search if you dont know. I hope I'm not engaging a primary school pupil here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2019
U get em time lolz
DrKlever:
All what you just wrote is trash sir. Complete trash! It's very laughable that you're bringing in Politics which is election process into this. That itself makes your argument trash because politics is a game of number. Are you telling me that Buhari is the finest mind to rule us when you have the Adesina, Kinsley Moghalu, Osinbajo, and Ezekwesili etc?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Wetin u dey expect frm dude wey been dey clamor for the inclusion of ajagun and kayode to the super eagles because inside of him he is pained that the west has few players from the region in the current eagles set up grin

Imagine forgiveness calling me a tribal bigot grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2019
We knw who be who for this thread so just ignore him
DrKlever:
Imagine forgiveness calling me a tribal bigot grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:12am On Oct 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:

hope you've seen the reason why I have always been against indigenous coaches running the super eagles...
corruption and tribal sentiments have always been their problem....
the best way to solve this under 17 & 20 issue is by having the team coach and two assistant from the north, south west and south east by so doing tribal sentiment will be curtailed.....

to be honest...Amuneke team of 2015 was almost in like manner the team reveals his tribal affiliation in no distant time you should be able to tell the tribe of the coach...
the only region that have produced coaches who are not too tribal in selection is the south-south...Aigbogun under 20 team was so balanced with mediocre players though with no tribal segregation and flair....

this was the reason why I wanted Yusuf Salisu...he is the most balanced super eagles coach....I have ever seen for the past few years.... he call up close to 80% of the players based on merit...his CHAN team was so on point...

I missed him and I really wanted him back despite the bribery saga.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:17am On Oct 30, 2019
So as to prove to us if he deserves the inclusion.

Every one of them should play. No attachee is allowed!
Taliban:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:21am On Oct 30, 2019
Yes, bro, Manu is not really a good defense marshall, struggles with defending. Maybe he should get an assistant that can help him better the defensive side of his game. Or maybe his philosophy believes in attacking as a form of defending.

All the same, he's a good coach. Tijani, Said, Amoo, and Jabaar are diamonds in the mud bro! they will surely go places if managed well.

In the U17 tourney, anything is possible, so WE CAN WIN the cup.
TheSuperNerd:
True.

I tip the likes of Samson Tijani, Akinkunmi Amoo, Ibraheem Jabaar, and Ibrahim Sa'id for big things.
Among them, Samson Tijani looks like this team's biggest talent alongside Amoo (Chriskel's Shaqiri grin )

Manu's team are not known for producing great defenders but remember he gave us Wilfred Ndidi too who Manu used as a CB but have evolved into a World class DM. But in this team, I think with the right management, Usman Ibrahim and Ferdinand Ikenna can grow into really decent CBs.

And as for the cup... My brother. We may win it ooo... Or we may not. Honestly, I don't think we will based on my thoughts now but never say never for Nigeria at this level. They can keep surprising and getting better. The talent and will power is there strongly.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:23am On Oct 30, 2019
Nice goal from iheanacho yesterday

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2019
Yea u re right on Amunike, he did the same in the 2015 set.
Humility017:

hope you've seen the reason why I have always been against indigenous coaches running the super eagles...
corruption and tribal sentiments have always been their problem....
the best way to solve this under 17 & 20 issue is by having the team coach and two assistant from the north, south west and south east by so doing tribal sentiment will be curtailed.....

to be honest...Amuneke team of 2015 was almost in like manner the team reveals his tribal affiliation in no distant time you should be able to tell the tribe of the coach...
the only region that have produced coaches who are not too tribal in selection is the south-south...Aigbogun under 20 team was so balanced with mediocre players though with no tribal segregation and flair....

this was the reason why I wanted Yusuf Salisu...he is the most balanced super eagles coach....I have ever seen for the past few years.... he call up close to 80% of the players based on merit...his CHAN team was so on point...

I missed him and I really wanted him back despite the bribery saga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:32am On Oct 30, 2019
Iwobi had a very good game against Watford last night. Was only lucky to score twice and his last effort came off the goal post

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2019
At the risk of being called a bigot, let me speak my mind.

To be honest, I was disgusted once I saw this U-17 team list. CLEARLY HEAVILY POLITICIZED. There is no way we can have such a huge percentage of Northern origin players if the screening was free and fair. How many football academies are in the North?. In the Southeast and west we have the likes of Diamond Football academy, Taye academy and other illustrious institutions that have produced us good players at this level.

When they announced there will be no open screening I smelt a rat. Now Mallam Garuba is showing us the stuff he is made of.

I only feel pity for the myriads of talented players that have missed out on this opportunity simply because they came from the wrong tribe and religion. SMH!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:55am On Oct 30, 2019
From the local scene: ABS give two of its youth players Pro Contracts

From @ABSIlorinFC (Less than 24 hrs ago):

Two of our youth players, Muri Dagbo and Sufian Bello signed their long term and first professional contracts at the club's Secretariat today in the presence of our Director of Football Alloy Chukwuemeka and Coach, Yomi Elijah.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7482) (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) (7488) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, Oasis007(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.