Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,907 members, 7,863,114 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944707 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7497) (7498) (7499) (7500) (7501) (7502) (7503) ... (16356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Sarcasm: "The use of words in an ironic manner for literary effect".

I apologize to those who MISUNDERSTOOD my comment on the picture of our hat trick hero Ibrahim Said.

My intention was to shame the tribalists by mimicking thier hate speech, indirectly pointing out that Said's stellar performance has proven wrong thier assertion that football belongs to the SE and SS. Said proved that the so-called "gworo eating Abokis" could play football too and excel in our GWG colours.

It is just sad that my tongue-in-cheek comment was taken literally by many even after my repeated explanations that it was meant to be satirical. I even left three emoji's below the comment in order to show that it was purely ironic.

But once again, I apologize to all who felt offended. May the grace to understand satire and irony fall on us all in Jesus' name.
you dey deceive yourself. What make u a man is your ability to own up your messed up and apologise truthfully without having to dribble your way out of your messed up. Your previous ranting was from the pit of hatred, so don't try to play a fast one on us for not understanding whatever nomenclature u wanna call it. Bro u don exposed yourself already.... Take your L

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:57am On Oct 31, 2019
2019 Nairaland Nigerian Football Fans Awards.

Nominations of Selection Committee members start in 24hrs (November 1)

I hereby nominate Eartquake1 and Andrew444 who now also has the moniker Andrewbaba44 to join me collating results of this committee nomination process. Both parties should please signify their willingness with an "Ok" response to this post.

Nomination guidelines will be rolled out in the next 24hrs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:24am On Oct 31, 2019
komekn:

Actually yes.

Tell me a one player that has been out form for a whole season that was able to get an England call up.

England is not Nigeria.

If you are off form for three months you will struggle to get a call up in England.

If Kane and Rashford loose form then Raheem and Wilson will take over or anybody else who is in form.

The bolded is not neccesarily true. The English team has golden boys too. Rooney, Kane and even Rashford have been invited inspite of poor form.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 5:59am On Oct 31, 2019
Icon79:
Muda Lawal, I didn't watch him live but my uncle did. He was a fantastic players but to compare him to Sunday Oliseh is an insult. He simply can't clean Oliseh's booths.

O pari

You lie. Ask your uncle, to compare oliseh to Muda Lawal is an insult. Oliseh cannot clean his booths and he knows

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11am On Oct 31, 2019
Eartquake1:

You don't even know any of the arrangements made between the NFF and Manu Garba

You are just trying to absolve Manu Garba of any blame for not doing his work

This is not about trading blames or absolving anyone. This is about knowing the mistakes made and correcting it for next time.

The selection of the handlers of the next U17 team should be treated with seriousness. The next screening exercise must return to the old format and done at a convenient time.

After the selection, camping must resume early in preparation of the qualifiers.

These are the decisions the NFF board must take. It is not a coaching issue but administrative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Sarcasm: "The use of words in an ironic manner for literary effect".

I apologize to those who MISUNDERSTOOD my comment on the picture of our hat trick hero Ibrahim Said.

My intention was to shame the tribalists by mimicking thier hate speech, indirectly pointing out that Said's stellar performance has proven wrong thier assertion that football belongs to the SE and SS. Said proved that the so-called "gworo eating Abokis" could play football too and excel in our GWG colours.

It is just sad that my tongue-in-cheek comment was taken literally by many even after my repeated explanations that it was meant to be satirical. I even left three emoji's below the comment in order to show that it was purely ironic.

But once again, I apologize to all who felt offended. May the grace to understand satire and irony fall on us all in Jesus' name.

I accept your apology. If it was meant in sarcasm, then you were clearly misunderstood.

Please let us desist from the tribal and ethnic discrimination. This thread in one of the few threads respected for the lack of tribal and ethnic affiliations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:35am On Oct 31, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I thought watching Iheanacho play was painful, until I saw Onuachu. I swear we are better off playing with ten men than playing eleven men with Onuachu on the pitch.

Onuachu makes Iheanacho look like Ronaldo.
Hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:39am On Oct 31, 2019
tbaba1234:

The bolded is not neccesarily true. The English team has golden boys too. Rooney, Kane and even Rashford have been invited inspite of poor form.

When exactly did Kane and Rashford loose form please tell us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:58am On Oct 31, 2019
charlesemeka85:
lol @bolded i am talking of players who did great things in international and european club football and you mentioning a player no one outside of nigeria know who em be. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only kids like you will be talking about European club football.

Kid, our league and African leagues were vibrant in the 80s. Who dey watch European league when stadium here dey full and beautiful football was played?

Aswear, you be small pikin for football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:17am On Oct 31, 2019
darkelf:

You are an elder on this thread. You should know better than to encourage this tribalistic talk

Please all other elders should discourage this sickening trend that will divide this Honorable thread along ethnic lines. We are faced daily with ethnic jingoism on social media. This football space is our little hive of sanity and respite from tribalism. Please lets us speak against this nonsense

And that was what I did. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2019
andrewbaba44:
So Moses Simon has already gotten an hattrick and its just half time and no much noise here?

Some people go pretend like say dem blind as no be chukwueze or osimhen

Smh

Na Northern wey no sabi ball na. Wetin you expect?

Ramon Azeez hit the bar in the last game but I no hear phem for hear. I wonder wetin be d motive of some peeps here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:39am On Oct 31, 2019
tbaba1234:
Aribo with 2 assists

Simon Moses with a hattrick

Okereke with a goal

Mikel Agu with a goal

I thought Ojo assisted too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 31, 2019
chucs:
Paul Onuachu again? Total waste of space. I just wonder why Rohr wont invite the Okereke guy. He can't be worse than Onuachu.

Maybe Onuachu is having confidence issues because he performs very well at his club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 31, 2019
tbaba1234:

You didn’t call England's real golden boy

Lingard grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2019
safarigirl:

Forbes deals with verifiable and traceable funds, not funds that may or may not be illegally acquired.

The same way there are those who may have high intellectual capabilities, but you call them local because they did not get the international recognition that your Chinua Achebe and co got.

You see? Your businessmen are local and cannot be compared to Dangote or Adenuga.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2019
jihday:
I tire o, if we truly do open screening na SS/SE go small pass because they are the smallest region. 2013 when Manu had plenty easterners he wasn't a tribalist but now that other regions are well represented see as the narrative change. Disgusting excuse of human beings
There is no sense in this comment.

If it is by population, Nigeria would be in the top 10 football talents in the world. There are nations with a population that is one-quarter of Nigeria producing better talents. Senegal that has the most expensive African team, are they higher in population or even land mass than Nigeria?

Dense comment. Let us try to apply wisdom when we post, not just post for the sake of savagery and likes.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2019
komekn:

I have watched him since he was 18 and if he was so bad. You really think he would be playing for Enfield Liverpool.

Oga, we all know that English kids are given a chance to feature for star clubs even if they are average. Ask lingard et al

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2019
edi287:

You guys are signing Konate

Who is he? And when are we signing him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2019
Eartquake1:

You didn’t call England's real golden boy

Lingard grin

Omo, even darkelf na golden boy because I was born in peckham and feature for Arsenal under 23s

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2019
komekn:

When exactly did Kane and Rashford loose form please tell us.

You should be the one to yell us if they had been on good form till recently. Please give us evidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Icon4s:

I hereby nominate Eartquake1 and Andrew444 who now also has the moniker Andrewbaba44 to join me collating results of this committee nomination process. Both parties should please signify their willingness with an "Ok" response to this post.

I'm not interested

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:45am On Oct 31, 2019
Hahahahahahaha
Eartquake1:

I'm not interested
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2019
Icon4s:

Ok

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Eartquake1:

I'm not interested
common sense is truelly not common.. You can turn down request graciously without rancour.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2019
kellycute:
common sense is truelly not common.. You can turn down request graciously without rancour.

Chairman... U just dey give boys uppercut since morning grin,nice one wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2019
elyte89:

Chairman... U just dey give boys uppercut since morning grin,nice one wink

Which kain nice one. He said its not interested and that didn't warrant the common sense statement.

Stop supporting wrong things please

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Ok

Ok bro we will do the Collation together. I think I am ok with just the two of us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2019
kellycute:

No, it's cool bro. He might actually have his reasons.

Andrew and I will collate. We are cool with that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 11:20am On Oct 31, 2019
Plentiful lowlifes in here . Imagine the Arrow Forgiveness using “ knacking Bar” as a yardstick for a good player and that slowpoke with the blue fonts always coming here to yarn baloney about Iheanacho pigmouth and drainage. The rest of you are delusional calling Brickman Ndidi a Worldclass player . All of your players , none is better than Don Thomas Apartey but still we don't make noise . Delusional freaks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2019
GBAM
fabyom:
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34).
We all found ourselves in this small world. We did not choose our tribe or ethnicity.
Why should I be judge because of something I have no power to change?
The oldest you could live is 120 years before you become dust again just like the person you are ridiculing.
So what makes you think you are better?
We are all Shadows and Dust (Maximus).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=komekn post=83605688][/quote]

don't be angry biko. ..

but wait.... with the way you talk here...I am quite sure you won't give this lads honest advise should they come to you for counsel.... all you say most times is how much they get to make in £ being acclaim British players...and that's not good...money is not just everything and being rich is not just in currencies.

you and I know that up till today okocha and kanu still make money in Nigeria for just being ex international's they're currently being used by many brands as ambassadors and I am sure...many of this player's should they choose play for Nigeria and prove successful... they make same in no distant future....

please if you've the opportunity to meet this kids let them know that their future rest more with Nigeria on the international front than the choice to play for England.....

cc: Komekn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
2lola:
REVEALED: NFF 2nd VP Masterminded Backdoor Inclusion Of DSS DG’s Son Into Nigeria’s U-17 Squad To Stop Corruption Case Against Him

30/Oct/2019, 20:40

saharareporters.com

As the inclusion of Abba Bichi, son of the Director-General of the Department of State Services, in Nigeria’s squad for the Golden Eaglets U-17 team in the ongoing FIFA U-17 World Cup continues to generate buzz, more details have emerged how the inclusion of Bichi’s son was facilitated.
Sources have revealed how Second Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Shehu Dikko, masterminded how Bichi’s son was smuggled into the final team list submitted by coach Manu Garba to FIFA despite his name not being on the 50 players provisional list.
SaharaReporters had published how top NFF officials coerced Garba into selecting Bichi and even threatened him if he does not give-in to the request.
It was revealed that Garba had expressed doubt in the ability of the young lad to break into the team. See AlsoSahara ReportersHow NFF Smuggled DSS Director General’s Son, Abba Bichi, Into U-17 World Cup Team0 Comments11 Hours Ago
Also, to accommodate Bichi’s son into the team, Garba had to drop one of the regulars in his team.
However, fresh facts have revealed that Dikko hatched and implemented the plan with the support of some NFF officials.
Multiple sources disclosed to SaharaReporters that Dikko came through with the plan to seek favour on his corruption case with the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related Offences Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
The ICPC is investigating Dikko and some other executives of the NFF for financial malpractices and diverting funds meant for the association.
The ICPC in September obtained a court order to seal a house belonging to Dikko in Rivers State.

“The inclusion of DSS boss’ son was to get favour and goodwill.
"Dikko carried out the plan so that he and other NFF executives undergoing investigation by EFCC and ICPC would be free.
“This was perfectly planned out at a time NFF is under intense watch and investigation,” sources said.
NFF President, Amaju Pinnick; First Vice President, Seyi Akinwunmi; Dikko; and another executive member, Yusuf ‘Fresh’, are all facing corruption case in a 17-count charge on misappropriation of $8.4m belonging to the football body.
The NFF executive members had been ordered to appear in court on November 5 2019, which is the next adjourned date for the case.
Meanwhile, the NFF had claimed that Oduko was selected by the coach because of his understanding of the game and skills, countering claims that he was dropped for a fellow teammate.
“Bichi is a striker; Oduko is a left-back.
"Oduko was dropped for Charles Etim. Oduko was the player that lost the kick in the shootout with Guinea in the semifinals of the U17 AFCON in Tanzania, which condemned Eaglets to the third-place match,” said NFF media officer, Demola Olajire.
The Golden Eaglets had played two matches in the ongoing tournament but Bichi is yet to feature in the competition.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/10/30/revealed-nff-2nd-vp-masterminded-backdoor-inclusion-dss-dg%E2%80%99s-son-nigeria%E2%80%99s-u-17-squad

later some people will come and tell us that the NFF are working and the coaches are the problem.. people accusing Manu of tribalism don't even know what really went wrong with the team selection...
The NFF are always interfering with the coaches work and thus frustrating them.look at what they did to Dennerby and the consequence..

The fact that Manu didn't even give the Bichi boy a place on the bench shows that he doesn't need him... Truly,the man has an eye for talent...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7497) (7498) (7499) (7500) (7501) (7502) (7503) ... (16356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), ChrisKels, EEGA, kentebemoney, daveP(m), Meliforme, do4luv14(m), Nomyth, codemaniacs, Napoleon55(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.