Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11860824 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7535) (7536) (7537) (7538) (7539) (7540) (7541) ... (16249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Ben Foster dey nod ball o grin

Smiles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:34am On Nov 05, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Thinking outside the box the nff should consider Akwa United's former Brazilian coach Raphael Everton. I watched him closely and the man knows his onions and he is a man of integrity. He showed this by refusing to be bullied into playing certain players by Paul Bassey Akwa's chairman. The man has ambition and he could do great with our CHAN team. The man is also very mature, upon all he has been through in Nigeria you will never see him giving an exclusive bashing our league or players.
I thought we didn't qualify for CHAN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Thinking outside the box the nff should consider Akwa United's former Brazilian coach Raphael Everton. I watched him closely and the man knows his onions and he is a man of integrity. He showed this by refusing to be bullied into playing certain players by Paul Bassey Akwa's chairman. The man has ambition and he could do great with our CHAN team. The man is also very mature, upon all he has been through in Nigeria you will never see him giving an exclusive bashing our league or players.
ha, you want to cause war. You want our 'Nationalistic' journalists to draw their daggers on the NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2019
Since arriving from Ukrainian side Zorya Luhansk in summer 2017 for a paltry €1.3m, Dennis has contributed 25 goals and nine assists from the right winger position in 86 games.

Dennis has played more games as a winger at Brugge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2019
Former NT goal tender Peter Rufai have been drilling Alampasu pending when he'll get a club https://twitter.com/06Dosu/status/1191470037833519106?s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Ben foster should have more shot on target than solanke this season

If i add his 2 cup games it will be 12 games and no goal

Good God! Andy why!!!!

This is Komekn right now for this comment of yours....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2019
Klopp desperate to sign £86m Chukwueze
Published November 5, 2019
Samuel Chukwueze
Johnny Edward
Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp , is reportedly eager to sign £ 86m rated Nigeria winger , Samuel Chukwueze , as a potential replacement for Mohamed Salah , Sports Extra reports .
Salah ’ s future at Anfield has been shrouded in doubts with Real Madrid and Barcelona preparing a bid for the Egyptian star next summer .
According to Don Balon , Klopp is a big admirer of Chukwueze , who he thinks could be the next Sadio Mane at Anfield .
The 20- year - old has scored 10 goals with five assists in 49 games for Villarreal .
“ Chukwueze has good qualities and can flourish better with more freedom, ” the report reads .
The 20 - year - old certainly looks like he has a big future in the game , and his club have already tied him down to a contract with a buy- out clause of £ 86m in it .
The former Diamond academy player is one of the seven forwards listed by Gernot Rohr for next week ’ s 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
mostob:
I thought we didn't qualify for CHAN

We didn't. I am talking in future terms.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
If this is anyway near the truth then this is the news i have been waiting to read all year long.
Chuks must as a matter of urgency leave Villa for his future sake. Villa has contributed its quota and has outlived its usefulness in the career of the young man. It's time to move forward and distinguish himself among the men.
I sincerely hope this deal works out for Chuks

Samueltemi337:
Samuel Chukwueze
Johnny Edward
Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp , is reportedly eager to sign £ 86m rated Nigeria winger , Samuel Chukwueze , as a potential replacement for Mohamed Salah , Sports Extra reports .
Salah ’ s future at Anfield has been shrouded in doubts with Real Madrid and Barcelona preparing a bid for the Egyptian star next summer .
According to Don Balon , Klopp is a big admirer of Chukwueze , who he thinks could be the next Sadio Mane at Anfield .
The 20- year - old has scored 10 goals with five assists in 49 games for Villarreal .
“ Chukwueze has good qualities and can flourish better with more freedom, ” the report reads .
The 20 - year - old certainly looks like he has a big future in the game , and his club have already tied him down to a contract with a buy- out clause of £ 86m in it .
The former Diamond academy player is one of the seven forwards listed by Gernot Rohr for next week ’ s 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
oloriooko:
If this is anyway near the truth then this is the news i have been waiting to read all year long.
Chuks must as a matter of urgency leave Villa for his future sake. Villa has contributed its quota and has outlived its usefulness in the career of the young man. It's time to move forward and distinguish himself among the men.
I sincerely hope this deal works out for Chuks

The have started again .....Joseph the dreamer

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
Afobear:

The have started again .....Joseph the dreamer

No hang your self if the deal go work out oo

Warey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
FG have withdrawn their case against Pinnick and his crew

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
I nominate safarigirl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
jihday:

Bichi's selection is yielding desired benefit grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I am sure you said same thing of ndidi when he made that 17 million pounds move at the age of 19 from a certain Genk in belgium

I won't day that if it was a team he was sure to start. If it was a mid table club like Southampton, Aston villa, Watford etc. Or a dutch team like PSV and the likes.

We all though KC nacho would get regular game time under Rogers but I'm sure the rest is history
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Samuel Chukwueze
Johnny Edward
Pinch of salt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
9ja fans i hail una, always doubting our might and strength as a nation which is caused by negative mindedness. chukwueze and dennis linked with a move to the epl and here we are doubting the credibility of the source and if they are good enough to play in the league. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

positive mindedness begets positive results

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
atleast scorenigerianigeria.com.ng go rest for pinnick matter hahahahahahhahahaha
jihday:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
darkelf:

I won't day that if it was a team he was sure to start. If it was a mid table club like Southampton, Aston villa, Watford etc. Or a dutch team like PSV and the likes.

We all though KC nacho would get regular game time under Rogers but I'm sure the rest is history

Speak for your self and not me,I was only hopeful for kc and not thinking he will get regular game time under Rodgers ,even many of us here didn’t expect kc to get much time ,especially after the purchase of Perez ,so stop twisting it

Kc started so many games last season and didn’t do well

Dennis not being a starter at Leicester doesn’t mean he will rot at the bench

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
charlesemeka85:
9ja fans i hail una, always doubting our might and strength as a nation which is caused by negative mindedness. chukwueze and dennis linked with a move to the epl and here we are doubting the credibility of the source and if they are good enough to play in the league. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not really negative mindedness... Most Nigerian players linked to big clubs in recent years didn't materialize,ppu re only tired of speculations wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
charlesemeka85:

No mind them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We didn't. I am talking in future terms.
OK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Utonwanne:
I nominate safarigirl

You for tag me ooo ,thank God dey I see this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You must be from Enugu? Imama's weakness has always been his defence. When he won the league he said if they score 2 he will score 3 but football doesn't always work like this
With the team he won the league with, do you think he will trash the togolese team? Sincere answer pls

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigerian players are not only the ones who missed out on such deals after so much media speculation. most of the sites that carry this news are not indigenous but renowned foreign sport sites. sancho was linked with a move to man untd which didnt see the light of the day and currently linked to madrid and the same untd. transfer rumors is among the condiments that makes the sport and will never stop.

for any club to scout a player and declare interest in having him that means the player is good. the same foreign media have numerous times linked chukwueze to the likes of madrid,bayern,barca,leicester city and liverpool in the past which signifies that these clubs at least sends out scouts to watch him
elyte89:

Not really negative mindedness... Most Nigerian players linked to big clubs in recent years didn't materialize,ppu re only tired of speculations wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
elyte89:

So its only nigerian players that where linked to big clubs and it didnt work out ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
then what is it? chukwueze currently is rated among the best young players in the world and his talent is obvious so why doubt if Liverpool really want him if it is not born out of negativity and doubt?

leciester is interested in having dennis which was publicized by an english site but alot here are already doubting if can make it in the team just because musa and iheanacho's inability to shine in the same team but they forgot that destiny defers and every man has his own path in life. for leicester to show interest in him means he is doing something right which they need in their team.

before mane made it to southampton he wasn't as good as dennis but today he is among the best in the world. when the same leicester snapped up ndidi to replace kante we also doubted if he is good enough to replace the french international but the reverse is the case today and he is rated among the best not just in england but in the whole of europe in his role.

elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigeria Football Federation target Eberechi Eze has been included in Whoscored.com and Sky Sports Championship Best Eleven for the month of October.

Last month, the Queens Park Rangers attacking midfielder was involved in five goals (3 goals, 2 assists) in five appearances in the English second-tier, helping the London club pick up seven points from a possible fifteen.

With a rating of 7.95, Eze was named Championship Player of the Month ahead of Chelsea loanee Izzy Brown (7.64) and Preston's Tom Barkhuizen (7.58).

Explaining the choice of Eze, Ben McAleer wrote : ''Eze is our Championship player of the month. An assist in QPRs 3-1 defeat to Brentford on Monday night meant the winger had a direct hand in a goal in all but one of QPR's five league outings in October as he scored three and assisted two.

''No player won more WhoScored.com Man of the Match awards than Eze (two), who completed more dribbles (18) than any other Championship player.''

Manchester City loanee Tosin Adarabioyo has been selected in the Championship Team of the Week after opening his goalscoring account for Blackburn Rovers as they registered a 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday on November 2.

The tall central defender won a game-high nine aerial duels, made two tackles, one interception and four clearances vs Sheffield Wednesday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
andrewbaba44:

So its only nigerian players that where linked to big clubs and it didnt work out ?

Am only concerned abt us...I don't care abt any oda country

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
kentebemoney:

With the team he won the league with, do you think he will trash the togolese team? Sincere answer pls

Actually you meant will he CANE Togo grin the answer is yes. If you give him the exact team he won the league with then yes I believe they would have beaten them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
charlesemeka85:
then what is it? chukwueze currently is rated among the best young players in the world and his talent is obvious so why doubt if Liverpool really want him if it is not born out of negativity and doubt?

leciester is interested in having dennis which was publicized by an english site but alot here are already doubting if can make it in the team just because musa and iheanacho's inability to shine in the same team but they forgot that destiny defers and every man has his own path in life. for leicester to show interest in him means he is doing something right which they need in their team.

before mane made it to southampton he wasn't as good as dennis but today he is among the best in the world. when the same leicester snapped up ndidi to replace kante we also doubted if he is good enough to replace the french international but the reverse is the case today and he is rated among the best not just in england but in the whole of europe in his role.

Tell them

Awon negative people who thinks nothing good can come out for naija players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
elyte89:

Am only concerned abt us...I don't care abt any oda country

There is nothing bad in players linked to a club and the transfer didnt happen, its part of football

Its just that you dont believe in naija players

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7535) (7536) (7537) (7538) (7539) (7540) (7541) ... (16249) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), DrYa, twentyk(m), kayburner and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.