Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11685560 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) (7551) (7552) (7553) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
safarigirl:

Then answer the personal question about yourself and stop wailing in my mentions.

I will be as I please next time. After all, I was on my own when you came to ask me unnecessary questions. I apologise for not being what you prefer.

What you say doesn't surprise me anymore but I know that you've learnt something valuable yourself. We are one on this thread and I'm sure that you'll be civil to others next time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
darkelf:

See, I am a christian young lady and a practicing one but I'm not perfect. However, morality encompasses civility and your manner of approach to others as well. We learn everyday in life and this should be a valuable learning opportunity for you.

Fatoyinbo is also a practicing Christian, and so are most of the thieves in positions of authority, what does that count for morality? Who is not a religious bigot in this cesspit of corruption and immorality?

It should also be a learning opportunity for you as well; if you can't take a response, don't ask the question. Your guilt is speaking through you, hence the multiple mentions.

Sorry for hitting where it hurts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
darkelf:

What you say doesn't surprise me anymore but I know that you've learnt something valuable yourself. We are one on this thread and I'm sure that you'll be civil to others next time.

Whatever helps your hypocrisy kiss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
Lol... grin grin

Funniest thing is one of them, Adeniyi (the #2) was originally listed as a forward in the official 21-man list. This explains why he is pretty good getting forward but absolutely clueless defensively.

Etim was the worst obviously. A right footed mediocre fullback playing as LB while a natural left footer, Oduko was dropped.

Olatomi Olaniyan dropped. Fawaz Abdullahi dropped. These two are young quality talents as seen from the Wafu U-17 qualifying tournament and the U-17 Afcon.

Manu should just go Biko. Personally, I am tired of putting up with his Nonsense. He did it first in 2015 with the U-20s and now this in 2019.

I don't joke with the U-17s because that is the bedrock and one of the major talents-production hub of our Senior national teams. Manu has toyed with it and he must go.

tbaba1234:

When you select 4 CBs as your back 4.. It is natural for them to move to the center.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
darkelf:

See, I am a christian young lady and a practicing one but I'm not perfect. However, morality encompasses civility and your manner of approach to others as well. We learn everyday in life and this should be a valuable learning opportunity for you.

Darkelf are you a lady?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Exactly. This is why our approach to U-17 FIFA tournaments should remain as it is.... The Winning mentality approach. This way, we ensure we pick the finest of our U-17 talents home and abroad. If the best for a year is 100% homebased then so be it. If it is mixed, then so be it. Just pick the very best with the mentality of going to conquer. After that, ways will be made and their talents can be spotted by Euro clubs. How their career goes now depends on them making the right choices and having a good management team.

tbaba1234:

For most European countries, if they fail the players continue their development in top European clubs. For Africans,failure means many of these players will disappear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
Darkelf I think say u be man

darkelf:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2019
cc12:

Faceless forum don confuse this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
cc12:

The truth is out. Interesting one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thoughts on U17
We all saw the signs from the first match. But we all felt it was tournament fever and they will get better as the tournament progreesed.

NO, their performances didn't improve even when they came from behind to win. We could see the lapses and it was glaring Garba Manu wasn't telling the boys what to do.

They ran after the ball leaving their positions, misplaced passes, generally uncordinated and lack the Nigerian flair we've always seen from the previous sets.

Moving forward, I pray the few bright sparks in the team go ahead to have a good career.

Garba Manu should be replaced. You can't leave the best at home and expect magic. He's being compromised and if he continues it will get worse than this. Shame on him and the NFF!!!

There should be a thorough and unbaised selection process. Early camping and proper funding should be made available. We must have proper preparation.

We should go with the best kids irrespective of where they are born. Their place of birth should not be a barrier to them being selected to play for the national team. I totally disagree with the moniker that insist we should leave the under17 for the local lad.

As long as you're good enough even if you're born in Singapore or Bangladesh, you are as Nigerian as the local boy born in ijebu ode or Nnewi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Christian young lady grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
Wish I can like this more than once.

Second time I am endorsing a post by this particular monicker. Lots of sense made. Thank you for dropping your 2 Kobo, Sir Koboko. wink

Koboko99:
Thoughts on U17
We all saw the signs from the first match. But we all felt it was tournament fever and they will get better as the tournament progreesed.

NO, their performances didn't improve even when they came from behind to win. We could see the lapses and it was glaring Garba Manu wasn't telling the boys what to do.

They ran after the ball leaving their positions, misplaced passes, generally uncordinated and lack the Nigerian flair we've always seen from the previous sets.

Moving forward, I pray the few bright sparks in the team go ahead to have a good career.

Garba Manu should be replaced. You can't leave the best at home and expect magic. He's being compromised and if he continues it will get worse than this. Shame on him and the NFF!!!

There should be a thorough and unbaised selection process. Early camping and proper funding should be made available. We must have proper preparation.

We should go with the best kids irrespective of where they are born. Their place of birth should not be a barrier to them being selected to play for the national team. I totally disagree with the moniker that insist we should leave the under17 for the local lad.

As long as you're good enough even if you're born in Singapore or Bangladesh, you are as Nigerian as the local boy born in ijebu ode or Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The pic shot below shows the absolutely shambolic disorganization we had to put up with in this U-17 team all tournament.

Just look at the space afforded the Dutch attackers. See how they all squeezed themselves together all to attack just one ball... No composure, no defensive discipline... All doing like monkey-post players.

Indeed there were better defensive talents dropped for these lots.

This is all on Manu Garba. He picked this team. He selected these players. The buck stops with him and I see he will never get better. This reminds me of the rubbish he did at the 2015 FIFA U-20 WC. Dropping the better players to the bench for some mostly average bunch. Shameful!
This is primary school defending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Lol... I think some of you misread that statement ooo. It sounds ambiguous shaa but he actually meant...

"I am a Christian, young lady....."

The young lady refers to Safari. He just didn't place a comma as he should have.

iSlayer:

The truth is out. Interesting one.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Pls how was Agu performance against arsenal today?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... I think some of you misread that statement ooo. It sounds ambiguous shaa but he actually meant...

"I am a Christian, young lady....."

The young lady refers to Safari. He just didn't place a comma as he should have.

Hmmmm. Good point.

Darkelf ike gi gwurum final...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
Eartquake1:

Darkelf are you a lady?
Me too I'm shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
*FacePalm*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Taliban:
Pls how was Agu performance against arsenal today?
He was as good as 6.7 whoscored rating cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by HZwriters: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
I nominate Andrewbaba44

Cc: Icon4s, Andrewbaba44
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
The attackers of Ozil and Kolasinac have been found
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2019
Subzero047:
The attackers of Ozil and Kolasinac have been found

Did you see the video of the attack? Funniest thing ever. Kolasinac chased them away.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nwakali set to be officially unveiled by SD Huesca

The 21-year-old joined the Spanish outfit on a free transfer from Arsenal last summer but was made to wait after plenty of setbacks in his attempt to secure a work permit to enable him play in Spain.

Nwakali, who is now with Nigeria’ U-23 team preparing for the 2020 Olympic Games qualifiers in Egypt, will however join the team officially later this month after both the player and club representatives meet to conclude all terms involving the transfer.

The news will be welcomed by the former U-17 World Cup winner who has been left frustrated with the turn of events regarding his club’s future, having failed to play any competitive club game since March this year.

Nwakali will, however, be tasked with the responsibility of leading the Olympics Eagles on Saturday when they file out against Ivory Coast in their first match of the AFCON U-23 qualifiers in Egypt.

Source: AOIFOOTBALL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

The 21-year-old joined the Spanish outfit on a free transfer from Arsenal last summer but was made to wait after plenty of setbacks in his attempt to secure a work permit to enable him play in Spain.

Nwakali, who is now with Nigeria’ U-23 team preparing for the 2020 Olympic Games qualifiers in Egypt, will however join the team officially later this month after both the player and club representatives meet to conclude all terms involving the transfer.

The news will be welcomed by the former U-17 World Cup winner who has been left frustrated with the turn of events regarding his club’s future, having failed to play any competitive club game since March this year.

Nwakali will, however, be tasked with the responsibility of leading the Olympics Eagles on Saturday when they file out against Ivory Coast in their first match of the AFCON U-23 qualifiers in Egypt.

That's some good news

Village people have finally left him alone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
It's okay. You can lie coz I know you won't own up. Not that it bothers me but it just exposes you for who you are. You deny your Tammy bias but it is so obvious. That only speaks about you. You encouraged a talk with a "grin of pleasure" grin about a guy you even agreed should not be focused on in the light of when we talk our Super Eagles players and Prospects. A player who spat on our faces (literally that is what he did even though he does "love" the country).

I will only say this... Just focus on our actual players. Tammy is gone forever. Focus on the ones that want to play for us and are playing for us.

I see the way you always try to label Nigeria and Nigerians as one country with every one bad and everything corrupt. You sound like you are some saint while every other Nigerian is stinky. I see the way you bash this country's citizens as if all are bad eggs and command some silly arrogance.
You keep talking like the Naija foreign borns are always right and Nigeria is always wrong. Even in Eze's matter, you stand with Eze even after the lad asked for time to think about representing a nation that has now come for him.
You even made a silly comment about inviting the lad without his consent... Like what the f**k?!

Man, I have been watching. To you, Nigeria is all shades of bad while the foreign borns are all shades of good. This is partly why your bias for Tammy never wanes. You always want to drum in the negatives of the country and indirectly use that to say, "Well, Tammy was right to do what he did by dragging our open arms in the mud and throwing it into the trashcan".

Your stand on this is truly distorted and the likes of Kellycute and Chriskels (and one other Monicker I do not recall for now) have called you out on this on very few different occasions.

The bold is entirely from your prejudiced negative twisted bigoted perception. Once again no substantive facts just your negative imagination.

Everything you have said about Joebie is self-birthed, self-justified, self based and self absorbed and is all PERCEPTION LED.

You make no attempt to substantiate your emotive prejudiced led inferences. But somehow you think they are substantive. It's very conceited and arrogant.

Your rhetoric is like the emotive rantings of a women scorned.

You don't determine what people should talk about it may not meet your particular preferences. But it's his choice to discuss, mention or highlight whatever issue he wants. You are not the traffic warden of the thread.

You try to bully and aggressively harass anyone who does not agree with your train of thought.

This approach is very juvenile and far from positive. I thought by now you should have learned a bit more civility on this forum. But alas I was being over optimimistic where your concerned.

What I am saying in a NUTSHELL is stop bullying people who don't agree with you. Try and be mature and appreciate every ones perspective.

I for one don't always agree with quite a few hear. I find myself opposed to Icon4s, BascoVanVeli and TheGoodJoe on many occasions. But we don't get into a vendetta of hostile words and contention.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Abusule007:
That's some good news

Village people have finally left him alone

Don't say yet

There may be a fire outbreak at the ceremony grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hey Clown. I know the mention of Tammy bites you so much. Ofcos you will side with Joebie who stands with you on shady grounds as regards Tammy. cheesy The man lied about grinning to Tammy's goal... He tried so much to evade the truth and he even denied at first he grinned with glee. He eventually caved in. I guess he gets that evasive part from much association with you on here. See? You really are a bad influence my man. Lol

You are for Tammy lying and using Nigeria as clout to boost his chances of getting the England cap which eventually worked and that just says a whole lot more about what kind of a shady and subtly dishonest fellow you are.

I know I give you nightmares on here because my posts always and always cancel out the many rubbishes, fallacies and half truths you spill. This one is just one out of a thousand others. Thegoodjoe, Icon4s and BascoVanVeli you mention are all aware of your dark ways on here against indigenous Naija born lads. They just wanna play it cool with you... But me, I don't even give you breathing space at all coz I know exactly who you are.

So long mister... grin And ohhh Osimhen said hi yesterday with another beautiful goal. wink

komekn:

[s]The bold is entirely from your prejudiced negative twisted bigoted perception. Once again no substantive facts just your negative imagination.

Everything you have said about Joebie is self-birthed, self-justified, self based and self absorbed and is all PERCEPTION LED.

You make no attempt to substantiate your emotive prejudiced led inferences. But somehow you think they are substantive. It's very conceited and arrogant.

Your rhetoric is like the emotive rantings of a women scorned.

You don't determine what people should talk about it may not meet your particular preferences. But it's his choice to discuss, mention or highlight whatever issue he wants. You are not the traffic warden of the thread.

You try to bully and aggressively harass anyone who does not agree with your train of thought.

This approach is very juvenile and far from positive. I thought by now you should have learned a bit more civility on this forum. But alas I was being over optimimistic where your concerned.

What I am saying in a NUTSHELL is stop bullying people who don't agree with you. Try and be mature and appreciate every ones perspective.

I for one don't always agree with quite a few hear. I find myself opposed to Icon4s, BascoVanVeli and TheGoodJoe on many occasions. But we don't get into a vendetta of hostile words and contention.[/s]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

So a player who has not kicked a ball since last season in a competitive match and prior to that was struggling to make the bench of the Porto B youth team. And has been far from impressive in the Eredivisie and even after demotion to the Dutch 2nd tier was still anonymous.

Is now tasked with leading U23 is that not hypocritical double standard and undue favoritism.

It's an insult to players across the globe who have been performing but not invited. But Nwakali is selected without question.

NFF hmmm too many

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
komekn:

So a player who has not kicked a ball since last season in a competitive match and prior to that was struggling to make the bench of the Porto B youth team. And has been far from impressive in the Eredivisie and even after demotion to the Dutch 2nd tier was still anonymous.

Is now tasked with leading U23 is that not hypocritical double standard and undue favoritism.

It's an insult to players across the globe who have been performing but not invited. But Nwakali is selected without question.

NFF hmmm too many

Take these cries and shove it up your hypocritical ass. Lol

I wonder what Walcott did when Eriksson picked him for the 2006 WC.

So you don't know about the unavailability of many of our U-23 talents? You also are unaware Kelechi is one of the top players of this team and has acquitted himself well in the team so far?

You see this is about his club career update but you ignore it and wanna focus on something else to push some Nonsense campaign against the kid.

Look mister... Allow my boys concentrate Biko. We don't need your hypocrisy distracting us. Merci...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
komekn:

NFF hmmm too many

Nwakali has been an integral part of the team and has performed when called up so why is that a problem for you?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7547) (7548) (7549) (7550) (7551) (7552) (7553) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, Kog45(m), chuks404, 12large1, joelsteron, dymusty86 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.