Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,549 members, 7,843,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11826614 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7715) (7716) (7717) (7718) (7719) (7720) (7721) ... (16231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:36am On Nov 19, 2019
oshimeh is strong,fast and robust so he will be a hit in serie A. also remember the serie A is highly tactical with slower pace when compared to the epl,laliga and bundesliga
Truidstar:

Can he cope? Spain or Germany for me fits his kind of game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oshimeh is strong,fast and robust so he will be a hit in serie A. also remember the serie A is highly tactical with slower pace when compared to the epl,laliga and bundesliga
yeah,if its Osimhen, he can cope any where as long as he gets service. Thought we were talking about Kelechi Iheanacho.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2019
Belgian First Division A club KV Oostende inform via their official website that they have re-signed Nigeria international Joseph Akpala for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season with an option for next season.

The experienced striker has returned to KV Oostende following his release by Saudi Pro League side Al-Faisaly in February 2019.

Akpala racked up 97 appearances for KV Oostende in his earlier spell with the club from 2015 to 2018, scoring 20 goals and had six assists to his name.

A product of Bendel Insurance, he lists Sporting Charleroi, Club Brugge, Werder Bremen and Kardemir Karabukspor among his former clubs.

A division lower, KVC Westerlo have confirmed that they have ended their collaboration with retired Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike.

The Belgian First Division B team explained that they mutually agreed to part ways with the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer because he could not be brought to the level that both parties had intended.

In five outings for KVC Westerlo in the league, Emenike failed to register his name on the scoresheet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2019
Victor Osimhen speaks to Ligue 1 channel

From Ligue 1 English (@Ligue1_ENG):

@LOSC_EN and @NGSuperEagles striker @victorosimhen9 sat down with the @Ligue1Show recently, speaking about the importance of playing for the team and his admiration for the likes of @didierdrogba

Watch it via this link below... It's just 3 mins 39 secs long.

https://twitter.com/Ligue1_ENG/status/1196594928568209408?s=19

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:47am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Ragnick is to come in as a sporting director. the only coach linked to united of late is allegri

the problem with united in not the coach but the management board and the glazers family who are just after making money and knows little on taking a massive club of united's standard to the next level since fergie retired.

they are more focused on bringing in marque signings for the business aspect of the game where more revenues are brought in from the sells of shirts,souvenirs and monitoring the stock market every single minute.

for united to get back to its best the glazers have to sell the club while a good director of football should be hired to focus on the footballing aspect of the club while woodward concentrate on the business side.

this is one of the major reasons why spanish midfielder ander herera left the team citing that the club hierachy focus more on the financial aspect of the game rather than the sporting aspect.

also van gaal said that the difference between bayern and united is that the latter focus more on raking in revenues than equipping the academy with good talented young stars who will go on to graduate to the snr side in the future
Ragnick is also a decent coach. Dude set the template for modern German coaches like Klopp and Nagelsmann to use. But yeah... He's better as a DOF. I wish Arsenal had gone for him instead of that fraud Emery.
Van Gaal is right. I think he'd have done better if the board were on the same page with him.
I remember when people were laughing at him for wanting Saido Mane and making a deal of it when Man United failed to sign him.
Woodward should be fired asap or man united will be the new Newcastle United in 15-20 years.
Those Glazers are something else. You know they rejected a £3.5B offer from an Arab buyer to sell the club?? Just like Kroenke is doing with Arsenal, Manure is good for them to use as collateral to take out loans.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:48am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Belgian First Division A club KV Oostende inform via their official website that they have re-signed Nigeria international Joseph Akpala for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season with an option for next season.

The experienced striker has returned to KV Oostende following his release by Saudi Pro League side Al-Faisaly in February 2019.

Akpala racked up 97 appearances for KV Oostende in his earlier spell with the club from 2015 to 2018, scoring 20 goals and had six assists to his name.

A product of Bendel Insurance, he lists Sporting Charleroi, Club Brugge, Werder Bremen and Kardemir Karabukspor among his former clubs.

A division lower, KVC Westerlo have confirmed that they have ended their collaboration with retired Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike.

The Belgian First Division B team explained that they mutually agreed to part ways with the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer because he could not be brought to the level that both parties had intended.

In five outings for KVC Westerlo in the league, Emenike failed to register his name on the scoresheet.
Emenike is supposed to be 32...see how washed he looks. Smh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:02am On Nov 19, 2019
he is a very good coach and has a good eye for unknown talented players. he was the first to spot 17 year old ronaldo de lima in brazil and have agreed with his brazilian club to sign him on for his club then stuttgart before the brazilian legend opted for psv eidhoven. he also brought unknown firmino to hoffenheim from brazil on a cheap prize.

from what i read online he is wanted by united but to operate as the clubs sporting director, ex united goalkeeper and dutch great van der saar who is the current sporting director of ajax was also linked but he signed a new contract with the dutch side few days ago.

nagelsman is another coach linked with united.

ed woodward is one of the biggest problems in united and one of the reasons jose mourinho and van gaal left. he knows nothing about football but makes decisions without consulting the coaches a times when it comes to transfers and the academy.

jose complained so much about him during his time at united and was frustrated until he left. so many players jose wanted which includes our own ndidi were ignored, even jose was the first to signal the club hierarchy to bring in van dijk but the team management delayed until the dutch defender have already agreed a move to liverpool.

what about the case of koulibaily? even this same maguire was wanted by jose when he is far cheaper but they didnt hind to his advise and demands.

this was the reason why jose said that finishing 2nd with the team a season before he left was his greatest achievement during his stint in the.
club

the saudi prince is still very interested but the glazers are not willing to sell. manchester united is a very rich club with huge fan base all over the world with majority from asia which is the biggest market today. they glazers are not ready to sell the club even fr 10b pounds cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
edi287:

Ragnick is also a decent coach. Dude set the template for modern German coaches like Klopp and Nagelsmann to use. But yeah... He's better as a DOF. I wish Arsenal had gone for him instead of that fraud Emery.
Van Gaal is right. I think he'd have done better if the board were on the same page with him.
I remember when people were laughing at him for wanting Saido Mane and making a deal of it when Man United failed to sign him.
Woodward should be fired asap or man united will be the new Newcastle United in 15-20 years.
Those Glazers are something else. You know they rejected a £3.5B offer from an Arab buyer to sell the club?? Just like Kroenke is doing with Arsenal, Manure is good for them to use as collateral to take out loans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:03am On Nov 19, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
edi287:

Emenike is supposed to be 32...see how washed he looks. Smh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:07am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he is a very good coach and has a good eye for unknown talented players. he was the first to spot 17 year old ronaldo de lima in brazil and have agreed with his brazilian club to sign him on for his club then stuttgart before the brazilian legend opted for psv eidhoven. he also brought unknown firmino to hoffenheim from brazil on a cheap prize.

from what i read online he is wanted by united but to operate as the clubs sporting director, ex united goalkeeper and dutch great van der saar who is the current sporting director of ajax was also linked but he signed a new contract with the dutch side few days ago.

nagelsman is another coach linked with united.

ed woodward is one of the biggest problems in united and one of the reasons jose mourinho and van gaal left. he knows nothing about football but makes decisions without consulting the coaches a times when it comes to transfers and the academy.

jose complained so much about him during his time at united and was frustrated until he left. so many players jose wanted which includes our own ndidi were ignored, even jose was the first to signal the club hierarchy to bring in van dijk but the team management delayed until the dutch defender have already agreed a move to liverpool.

what about the case of koulibaily? even this same maguire was wanted by jose when he is far cheaper but they didnt hind to his advise and demands.

this was the reason why jose said that finishing 2nd with the team a season before he left was his greatest achievement during his stint in the.
club

he saudi prince is still very interested but the glazers are not willing to sell. manchester united is a very rich club with huge fan base all over the world with majority from asia which is the biggest market today. they glazers are not ready to sell the club even fr 10b pounds cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The sad thing is Woodward will probably remain because he knows the "commercial side" of things.
Liverpool owners are the only Americans that seem to know how to run a football club well. Kroenke and the Glazers suck big time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:16am On Nov 19, 2019
liverpool owners don't know anything but got it right by hiring kloop and allowing him to make decisions when it comes to players recruitment.

kloop single handedly transformed liverpool and made the right choices when bringing in players.

he signed robertson from hull

salah from roma when no big team were willing to have him after flopping at chelsea.

brought in matip and firmino from germany on a cheaper price when compared to today's market

graduated and gave arnaut a chance in the first team

brought in mane for a decent price from southampton.

brought in ox from arsenal on a good price

the only player that cost him much was van dijk and currently they are reaping the fruits

liverpool and kloop got their recruitment right for the past 2 seasons which is the main reason the team is among the best in europe currently
edi287:

The sad thing is Woodward will probably remain because he knows the "commercial side" of things.
Liverpool owners are the only Americans that seem to know how to run a football club well. Kroenke and the Glazers suck big time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:
Hmmmmn. That reminds me.

Clicking on the first page ONLY for the second time ever and I want to share my experience with you all.

1. Where is terzurum5? His last seen is on the 4th of November. That's about 10 days ago and never seen a post from him since my first day in here

2. Icon4s - Still and ever readily available as always till date.

3. Forgiveness - same as Icon4s above.

4. AIG07 - Where is he too? Last seen is a month gap between himself and terzurum5. Never come across his moniker too.

5. TheGoodJoe - Yeah. Not too conspicuously missing though but no longer a regular. Once saw him reading as a ghost reader

6. groundnutoil - Never read from him before but twice caught him peeping from the background without commenting

7. maputohq - Never come across the moniker before and Interestingly, his last seen is just yesterday.

8. Nobody - A deactivated account. So no comment more than that.

9. blueto - Nothing note Worthy to be revealed

10. karlovich - Never ever come across it. last seen is July 24th! Way way back! What happened? where are you?

11. TheSuperNerd - Same card as Icon4s. He even took permission for his absenteeism yesterday.

12. CFCman - same as blueto

13. achimotan - Never before but still alive on Nairaland

14. robosky02 - Never seen it here too but somewhere else - Other threads sometime in the past.

15. daveP - Never before today and last seen is today's early hours.

Ladies and gentlemen, Those are the monikers I came across on the first 2 pages of this thread while noting that a greater number of other monikers with superb personalities have also been discovered too numerous to mention right from my first day in here.

However, In order not to spam your various mentions, I would jettison the listing accordingly.

Guys, I wanna say,

Thanks for accepting me as I am haven given me a sense of belonging already as part of the family of a patriotic Nigerian Football loving community on Nairaland - An online social media forum that originated from NIGERIA.
You welcome anytime, anyday with the love for football and all. Twalz

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:40am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
liverpool owners don't know anything but got it right by hiring kloop and allowing him to make decisions when it comes to players recruitment.

kloop single handedly transformed liverpool and made the right choices when bringing in players.

salah from roma when no big team were willing to have him after flopping at chelsea.

brought in matip and firmino from germany on a cheaper price when compared to today's market

brought in sane for a decent price from southampton.

the only player that cost him much was van dijk and currently they are reaping the fruits

liverpool and kloop got their recruitment right for the past 2 seasons which is the main reason the team is among the best in europe currently
Nah I think their owners are good. They appointed a transfer committee that knows how to use data well not like Arsenal and their mumu Stat DNA.
I heard Klopp wanted Julian Brandt as first choice over Mane and didn't even want Keita.
Liverpool has a good scouting and transfer committee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:49am On Nov 19, 2019
Im just tired that Legendary Yekini still seats atop the goalscorers list for the SE. Osimhen is poised to do that. Iwobi too.

Nice 2019 record for the SE. Our only defeats were at Afcon 2019.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:54am On Nov 19, 2019
Yea with his knowledge of the Bundesliga made him opt for German players who re less cheaper than their epl counterparts but only succeeded in bringing in matip karius, firmino and keita though the club heirachy pushed for the Guinea interntional.

Timo werner is also likely to join next summer. He is also linked with united and Bayern but it seem united's main target is haaland and a possible move have been mooted in the British media for 85 million in January but Wil complete the season on loan to his club Salzburg.

Sancho is also likely to join for 100m in January after falling out with dortmund's coach havre while camavinga who has 25m pounds in his release clause have been penciled down as pogba's replacement. Pogba is likely to leave next summer

United management are working hard to bring down the teams wage scale to normal which is the main reason they let some established players to leave so far. Matic is likely to leave this January also

edi287:

Nah I think their owners are good. They appointed a transfer committee that knows how to use data well not like Arsenal and their mumu Stat DNA.
I heard Klopp wanted Julian Brandt as first choice over Mane and didn't even want Keita.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57am On Nov 19, 2019
The only player that I think will reach that milestone if he continues with his current form is oshimeh. He is just 21 and can still have up to 10 more years in the team if he remains in top shape.

I once thought nacho will achieve that but it seem impossible for now
daveP:
Im just tired that Legendary Yekini still seats atop the goalscorers list for the SE. Osimhen is poised to do that. Iwobi too.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:01am On Nov 19, 2019
Man utd will bounce back but it won't be immediate. First they need a good director of football, to reshuffle their scouting team and at least 3 more transfer windows to bring in more young quality players

Ole is a decent coach and I will only judge him when his team is strong enough to contend for titles in England.

No coach on this planet earth will achieve anything with this present united team
edi287:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:47am On Nov 19, 2019
edi287:

SMH wouldn't be a good move in my opinion. Lepzig would've been perfect for him at this stage of his career.
Anyhow he'll get paid more and a front 3 of him Rashford and James/Martial isn't that bad.
joining Leipzig won't fetch them money, it's just like you debiting your access bank account and crediting your union bank account, na you still get money. And I suppose they want to make big bucks from his sale

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:13am On Nov 19, 2019
forgiveness:

Who takes your opinion seriously, huh?

Using special talents as an excuse tantamounts to substly prejudice and discrimination.

People don get sense pass dat yeye 'special talent' wayo.

That Awoniyi shade enter bone marrow. By the way, I really don't care about any danm validation...I have a life Nigga...lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:35am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:

brought in mane for a decent price from southampton.

Yea you are right. Liverpool owners started getting it right when they started leaving player recruitment decisions exclusively to the coach. It started with Brendan Rodgers, because the guy was allowed to buy any player he wants. Even though that one misused the privilege and brought in useless players, but at least it still acheived a positive result and got them very close to the league again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Compare this to our 2019 stats where we lost to the likes of Madagascar wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:49am On Nov 19, 2019
jihday:
joining Leipzig won't fetch them money, it's just like you debiting your access bank account and crediting your union bank account, na you still get money. And I suppose they want to make big bucks from his sale
RB Salzburg are sort of like a feeder club to Leipzig.
I don't think money is an issue for them. Unless Haaland feels he's ready to take such a step...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Thank Goodness!

I have been unbanned already. So I wouldn't have to wait for a further 24 hours! following my initial predicament few hours to

NIGERIA vs LESOTHO encounter.

Good morning everyone in here.

cc
Koboko99
Odunayaw

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:50am On Nov 19, 2019
daveP:
You welcome anytime, anyday with the love for football and all. Twalz
Thanks for your words Man.

I really appreciate and excited to read your comment after a long while of being around here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

You mean this destiny... grin Sorry I didn't tell ya about John Wick...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2019
daveP:

Honestly speaking. It's high time someone else breaks that age-long Talismans' record.

Yeah. Both defeats were in AFCON 2019 and thus the reason for our being 3rd best team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2019
ChrisKels:
Compare this to our 2019 stats where we lost to the likes of Madagascar wink
No hard feelings nor jealousy Brother. For that is why they are the AFRICAN CHAMPIONS

But if we get to meet again soon, it's gonna be a different Ball game altogether though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Alexander "The Great" Iwobi: Mr Available

Only Alex Iwobi featured in all 14 games played by the Super Eagles in 2019.

Naija Boy!!!

.....Because he is the only no.10 we have...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
He is referring to the nff and the media

And the twitter influencers 'Forgive Iheanacho' crew

I think that is one of the biggest battles Rohr had won against the NFF top officials

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2019
iSlayer:
There's an Effiong, Nwoko and Mbong in the Maltese national team. The NFF should go for them, they're all foreign born cheesy

The NFF didn't go for them when they were playing in the Maltese 5th division angry

Now it's very hard to get them cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:35am On Nov 19, 2019
edi287:
cry
HE IS NOT GHANAIAN!!!
Okay but certainly not a NIGERIAN either because for my little stay in here already, Gustav85 has been more or less a Troll to the SUPER EAGLES undoubtedly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:39am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

No hard feelings nor jealousy Brother. For that is why they are the AFRICAN CHAMPIONS

But if we get to meet again soon, it's gonna be a different Ball game altogether though.

I will only agree with the bolded Bkus;

1 - We no longer have Ighalo to blunt our attack with his lack of mobility and anywhere belle face type of football

2 - That -1 called SiMoses doesn't start no more, neither does Musa (all pace and no brain as a winger though deadly as striker in a 3-5-2 setting)

3 - Rohr seems to av finally realised that Collins is a true calamity

4 - Yes of course, we now have the KOC!! Wicked attacking trident.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:45am On Nov 19, 2019
safarigirl:
I mean, I see their appeal for a teenage girl. I used to think Odemwingie was the finest creature to don the green and white jersey, but then, I was thirteen and still thought of pink lips as a criteria for good looks grin

I'm not saying they aren't good-looking in their own rights, but better looking than Awaziem, Ajayi and Dennis? Nah. Even if we were talking lightskin, mixed kids, Ekong ought to get a look in over Odemwingie at least.
I give up!

It's a no contest by me already for only Women knows that which they really want in a man as I believe DrLikita12 would undoubtedly agree with the submission in bold here

(1) (2) (3) ... (7715) (7716) (7717) (7718) (7719) (7720) (7721) ... (16231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: realpoacher(m), ThanosKilla(m), Odogwujayy, Odunayaw(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.