Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662157 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7719) (7720) (7721) (7722) (7723) (7724) (7725) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Truidstar:
yeah,if its Osimhen, he can cope any where as long as he gets service. Thought we were talking about Kelechi Iheanacho.
that was why I was confident of him coming to the EPL.... As long as osihmen get quality service be it naija league, Spanish, italian or epl, the boy would finish..... I have a very high target for him.... It's not easy to be the heir to yekini...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Eligreat247:

Unfortunately there's no time but they have promised to start the case afresh tomorrow (the program starts 7:40am - 10:00am monday-friday).....
Its going to be a full fledged case, so many people are going to be invited. The ordinary President also promised to bring CAF & FIFA into the case.
Please lets get tuned and know what is really going on in the glass house.

Yes you are right and the fraud case actually began yesterday with the introduction of former Junior Teams coach-JAMES PETERS followed by EMMANUEL BABAYARO & TUNDE ADERIBIGBE-Former NFF's Assistant Secretary General and the minute taker for several years right from SANI LULU & GALADIMA era.

Its interesting honestly because it involves FIFA's money to Nigeria that those before PINNICK refused to collect for a potential high yield that this present NFF Administration collected and embezzled fraudulently

Its Monday all through to saturday actually beginning from 7:30 am.

Watch today's episode on Brekete Tv on Youtube. Its 2hrs 30 minutes 17 seconds

You can stream live on youtube from 7:30 tomorrow morning for the Immediate past minister of Sports - SOLOMON DALUNG would also be in the studio

2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Onazi I suppose but not really because what I could only recall is his supperlative performance in the world cup along side the highest goal scorer - Shehu Sani Emmanuel (Where is he now? Only God knows) as the players from TB Joshua's My People FC football club of Lagos.

Somehow somehow, there was joy and celebration at the synagogue for their feet.

IHEANACHO was as described by Safarigirl above

OMERUO? I dont think he made it to U 17 level too

KAYODE? I dont even know anything about him

Oga, Omeruo was in the U-17 team that lost to Switzerland in the final in Lagos. That team had Ramon Azeez, Sani Emmanuel and Stanley Okoro (aka Little Messi grin cheesy).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Starboytwo:
that was why I was confident of him coming to the EPL.... As long as osihmen get quality service be it naija league, Spanish, italian or epl, the boy would finish..... I have a very high target for him.... It's not easy to be the heir to yekini...

I agree with you that Osimhen is a good finisher and has (or is still developing) all the qualities of a good target man. However, I would lobe for him to remain humble and keep on working hard while shunning distractions. I won't want him going the way if Isaac success, KC Nacho and Nwakali. We have lost too many young stars to indiscipline.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Oga, Omeruo was in the U-17 team that lost to Switzerland in the final in Lagos. That team had Ramon Azeez, Sani Emmanuel and Stanley Okoro (aka Little Messi grin cheesy).
Ok Thats a good one. I never knew he was part the Team though untill now.

Thanks for the info. It should be him then because Sani Emmanuel and Onazi are pure street boys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Ok Thats a good one. I never knew he was part the Team though untill now.

Thanks for the info. It should be him then because Sani Emmanuel and Onazi are pure street boys

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

I agree with you that Osimhen is a good finisher and has (or is still developing) all the qualities of a good target man. However, I would lobe for him to remain humble and keep on working hard while shunning distractions. I won't want him going the way if Isaac success, KC Nacho and Nwakali. We have lost too many young stars to indiscipline.

Kc is not indiscipline bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Onazi I suppose but not really because what I could only recall is his supperlative performance in the world cup along side the highest goal scorer - Shehu Sani Emmanuel (Where is he now? Only God knows) as the players from TB Joshua's My People FC football club of Lagos.

It was omeruo... he played for the U17

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
Samueltemi337:
It was omeruo... he played for the U17
Ok Thanks Brother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
What do u guys Think about Jorgen Klinsman as the technical coach of the Super EAGLES ?

He made history with the US team at the world cup .

they played with so much energy .

just thinking that Rohr combination with this guy can give us the world cup if Nff think in this direction .... we have got the talents only need to harness them .

to me ROHR need a more technical assistant that understood the scientific aspect of the game ... its not about parking the buss when its not necessary ....this attitude has cost us in the past
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

from the beginning, I had always known iheanacho was gonna be a big issue..... Even from the u17 I still do not know his preferred position, is it a 10? A 8 or 9....

At Man city he scored a couple of goals, and I was surprised he was used as a 9, but even my mother would score a couple of goals if she was playing a striker for Guardiola.... He is not the fastest, nor has the most skill, nor very clinical, osihmen on the contrary is a lot more of a striker than him... Infact I dont see any striker in Europe in "osihmen" age range that is better than him.... Maybe halland Sha, but some people here will say they are on par.... So mention any new player from 19-22 better than osihmen( both stat and everything)....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Starboytwo:
from the beginning, I had always known iheanacho was gonna be a big issue..... Even from the u17 I still do not know his preffpref position, is it a 10? A 8 or 9....

At Man city he scored a couple of goals, and I was surprised he was used as a 9, but even my mother would score a couple of goals if she was playing a striker for Guardiola.... He is not the fastest, nor has the most skill, nor very clinical, osihmen on the contrary is a lot more of a striker than him... Infact I dont see any striker in Europe in "osihmen" age range that is better than him.... Maybe halland Sha, but some people here will day they are on par.... So mention any new player from 19-22 better than osihmen( both stat and everything)....

I'm not arguing that Osimhen isn't a head above shoulders compared to strikers in his age range in Europe. I just want him not to let the accolades get to his head. That's all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
lexyman:
What do u guys Think about Jorgen Klinsman as the technical coach of the Super EAGLES ?

just thinking that Rohr combination with this guy can give us the world cup if Nff think in this direction .... we have got the talents only need to harness them .

to me ROHR need a more technical assistant that understood the scientific aspect of the game ... its not about parking the buss when its not necessary ....this attitude has cost us in the past

Klinsmann can never work as Rohr's assistant neither can he wvn coach the Super Eagles because he can't even navigate the bedlam that is NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
lexyman:

I don't know about a klinsman, but if we could get someone credible, preferably a German to compliment rohr, with our large number of upcoming players, both local and foreign, we would rule....

Almost all our boys are playing week in week out, osihmen scoring, kalu assisting, chukwueze a rising star, aribo a very good cm, ndidi top 3 df mid in the world, Aina a visibly improved rb/lb/wb... Etc....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
edi287:

LOL it didn't even shake them one bit. No one is bigger than the shirt. Anelka learnt that the hard way too...
if naija do am now. Na una go dey shout witch hunt upandan with agents making derogatory claims of how they refused to offer bribe for their clients to be considered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ethiopia leading ivory coast 2-1 at the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Klinsmann can never work as Rohr's assistant neither can he wvn coach the Super Eagles because he can't even navigate the bedlam that is NFF

Lol its very funny for someone thinking klinsman will work as rohr assistant

Klinsmann is far ahead of rohr anyday anytime

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
lexyman:

Why would Jurgen Klinsmann be an assistant to Rohr,and do you know how much Jurgen Klinsmann is paid?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
lexyman:

The question is can we afford both of them at a go? Ofcourse Not practically but yes theoritically.

So I would say, let Jorgen Klinsman come on board after the expiration of ROHR's New contract - A renewed contract that should run upto the end of 2022 World Cup. Period.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

I'm not arguing that Osimhen isn't a head above shoulders compared to strikers in his age range in Europe. I just want him not to let the accolades get to his head. That's all
when he is not mad.... If he thinks he can act only for himself, he dey decieve himself... . Osihmen is now public property.... He must score for us everytime... He must improve everyday.... He can't afford to slow down, if Tammy score 1, he must score 2.... If halland make a big move, we expect him to also..... He will spear head our golden age.... He must deliver for us....

We must also pray for him, against injury of any kind, on a bad patch we must always support him to get back to his best.... He is our main investment.... Why do you guys think we don't really care about Tammy so much.... Cuz we gat Victor....

I beleive in the boy with chuks and kalu, and aribo, and ndidi and semi and ekong and aina....

A lot of people are not satisfied with the lb position, and Simon place in the team and goalkeeper and a proper 10.... I think if we can tackle this positions and sort everywhere , things go soft for us gan....

I'm glad Im part and parcel of this new team, I was a very young in 94 and 96 and only saw highlights, these ones I'm following bumper to bumper.... He don teh wey we lift afcon abeg....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
lexyman:

LMAO, world cup ko world plate ni. If you like employ Guardiola and klopp together. This talent you people are always shouting I'm not sure you people have seen other countries teams, from Brazil to Portugal to England, the Dutch, Spanish, Belgium even Algeria. Anyway, no harm in dreaming
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol its very funny for someone thinking klinsman will work as rohr assistant

Klinsmann is far ahead of rohr anyday anytime
Really? Same Klinsmann that couldn't qualify USA for the world cup against some bunch of farmers, same USA that had their GK making a record 16 saves in a knockout game his highest point was taking a highly talented Germany to 2006 world cup semi on home soil. Abeg Klinsmann no know anything
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Victor Osimhen Would join Bayern Munich or Manchester United
Watch out

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Victor Osimhen Would join Bayern Munich or Manchester United

Watch out

If he goes to Bayern, he benches steady for Lewandowski. If he goes to Manchester United, they will use bias to bench him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
jihday:
Really? Same Klinsmann that couldn't qualify USA for the world cup against some bunch of farmers, same USA that had their GK making a record 16 saves in a knockout game his highest point was taking a highly talented Germany to 2006 world cup semi on home soil. Abeg Klinsmann no know anything

Cool down. Klinsmann is miles ahead of Rohr. Rohr will not even argue it. The Germans will never make Rohr their national team coach. Never even consider it.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If he goes to Bayern, he benches steady for Lewandowski. If he goes to Manchester United, they will use bias to bench him.
He would replace lewandowski

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
lexyman:

No need for Klinsmann because we will still not play expansively the way it suits us. I think Rohr stays while we prep Amunike to take over the job with Finidi by his side in a few years time.

Taking another foreign coach will mean us giving him years to work which we would have gotten Amunike and Finidi ready.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
Samueltemi337:
He would replace lewandowski

After two or three years on the bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

After two or three years on the bench.
Sure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

I understand you elf man, we'd just have to watch things unfold, i pray it will be a good time for us on this thread and all supporters of the Super Eagles of nigeria...

I don't think i have won any cup for the Super eagle's since I joined this thread, last time we won anything was 2013, and I was just starting then.... The highest was semi afcon this June, and here was massive, especially the Algeria game.... Imagine a final, a final we are winning, oboy....

Where you here in 2013? How was the atmosphere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7719) (7720) (7721) (7722) (7723) (7724) (7725) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drDoom3(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.