Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668106 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

No stress. Keep rocking on.

grin. did u just encourage him ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
komekn:

Clutching at straws and a version of events that comes entirely from the player.

A good post is a balanced one that takes into cognisance all the perspectives not just a singular one.

I personally know Michael Beale assistant manager and Gerard and l can assure you that version is VERY FAR from the truth.

There are multiple reports in the media from a duplicity of sources that detail his failings as a player at Rangers. The fans view of him included.

But you chose one by Sadiq himself, what did you expect him to say. That he was treated fairly and he failed. That's a very opinionated portrayal by the player.

I have spoken in depth about this a long time ago.

One very damning example of his failings is when he played against Motherwell U23 for Rangers U23. Played the first half and was ineffective got substituted in the second half. He was replaced by 17 year old Dapo Mebude, who came on and promptly scored a hat trick. Leaving more questions asked of Sadiq.

But the worst was when they played Aberdeen in the Cup his first start for the club, he was one on one with the goalkeeper and instead of shooting he dived. He was booked. It was shameful.

At this stage he had lost the fans and lost all respect. He became a comedic character for which all manners of jokes emanated from.

It's not a right that you must play. You earn the right to play by what you do in training and in the pitch when you play.

Sadly Sadiq did neither.

There is no comparison between Sadiq and Iorfa on any level whatsoever.

I'm not surprised at your response. As usual you know everyone in British football setup. Sadie's story is false and you choose to believe that of your British pals because theirs is authentic.

How come no one from the club come out to deny or challange Sadiq's version of the story. His story was on Scottish Sun not vanguard or Punch. Coming here to tell me about a good post being balanced when yours is one sided and reeks of bias(choosing to believe your friends over the young man involved). So much for being a Warri boy and an avid supporter of the super Eagles.

The boy was a young man trying to find his feets in a new environment and instead of encouraging him, he was frozen out of the team and treated like a criminal.

We dived and was yellow carded instead of scoring? That's his offence Is he the first to do that?? Footballers have done worse.

You judged his career with jus two games

Now you're coming here to tell us how he dropped to a very very very low league in order to perform. But you forget he has played in a higher league (Dutch league and Italian league) and he didn't disappoint.

Just so you know the Scottish league is rated number 16 and the Serbian league is at 19. According to UEFA coefficient Rangers is rated 120 while Partizan Belgrade is rated 71. So how is this dropping to a very very very low level.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na for here we go see papa Aribo

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
ChrisKels:

Mwepu and Daka I know, who is Ewedu?

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

This is the kind of mindset that I am talking about. U played Brazil and Ukraine for Lesotho but u want to tell me that we don't need friendlies to prepare for a neighbouring country.

I am not a f**l u people are just fighting to maintain the image of your Pinnick. There is no other excuse for this shameless looking of the other way for a man that has failed time and again. Without the super eagles he is a complete loser and any man or woman that says different has a flawed character
I don't care about Pinnick, I think he has been poor as FA chairman, but the truth is if Nigeria had fail to beat Lesotho even Rhor won't give the excuse of lack of friendly. Did Togo even play any friendly? Truth is Imama is a poor coach it's not even up for debate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Danielnino00:

grin. did u just encourage him ?

No. I mean flexing the thread. Not attacking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
komekn:

It's quite clear you have read my posts above and the just two media factual and informative reports about Sadiq performances.

Dominic Iorfa had played 3 consecutive seasons for Wolves and was a first team regular with near 100 games under his belt. Winning multiple accolades and invited to the senior England team set up. Make the comparison with Sadiq now Dr delusional

Wolves was bought by Super agent Mendes and his own manager Nunos in control. Wolves had more Portuguese sourced players than Benfica and Porto.

Wolves became the subject of an English FA investigation for breach of rules.

The actions at Wolves were not individual but collective with a number of players frozen out for reasons unknown.

These events were not a story associated with one individual Dominic or birthed in thier entirety by him as is with Sadiq. But the collective actions of the club in ownership by proxy by Mendes. Against a number of players at the club as soon as Nuno arrived.

There is no iota of comparison with circumstances of Dominic Iorfa and Sadiq Umar.

Why do you like to make noise, l am indulging you today. If you keep presenting Balderdash, l will consider you as non existent.

The last disgrace I gave you when you were exposed as a blatant liar should have been enough. But you are shameless.

Mendez doesn't own Wolves. The club is owned by a Chinese group.

Personally I don't believe this conspiracy theory about Dominic being frozen out of the wolves team because of Jorge mendez involvement with the team. We would like to know the other players that were frozen out of the team as well.

Mind you I checked the team's squad list for the past 3 seasons and there's only one Portuguese defender named Ruben Vinagre . And none of the defenders in wolves is represeted by Jorge Mendez. So why exactly is he being frozen out of the team?

See who is calling someone a liar...Wizard of lies

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
utaka was a lens player when onigbinde took him to the world cup? shocked

eric ejiofor then was already a maccabi haifa player in Israel

i advised you few days ago to stick to WWE and badminton cus you dont know jack about football

I swear, displaying ignorance with his full chest, nobody even knew Enyeama in 2002 or Utaka playing for Arab contractor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
REMEMBER EJIKE UZOENYI

can anybody remember ejike uzoenyi very creative player in CHAN. I am stunned he never made anything out of his career when he went to South Africa. Till today, i wonder why. He was such a dissapointment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
do4luv14:
Chai season of sacking.......

RANGERS sack coach
They sacked him before the end of yesterday's game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
Koboko99:

Mendez doesnt own Wolves. See who is calling someone a liar...Wizard of lies
The owner is actually a friend of Mendes and he has a stake in one of mendes's coy I think.......

But still on still , that doesn't validate that iorfa story ...if you're good you're good. Shey na Portuguese be wolves right back abi the guy way dey play right back for them is signed to Mendes agency ?....

All na coc.k and bull story jare

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
edi287:

So how did he get to join Watford if he was rubbish? He was decent for Granada before that.

He didnt had a good start, like norway and udinese days , he was decent from granada
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:05am On Nov 26, 2019
he performed decently in norway which prompted udinese to sign him
andrewbaba44:

He didnt had a good start, like norway and udinese days , he was decent from granada
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Chidonsky: 12:19am On Nov 26, 2019
jimmyiovine:
Please guys on here does Nigeria have any young coaches around (under 35) with coaching qualifications that coach any academy, npfl, nnl or nlo sides, even it it’s their feeder team?

To me, it will better if younger Nigeria coaches are involved with the national age grade teams rather than recycling all these old men. I mean Garba and Ugbade have been involved since before 2010. Garba was assistant to Yemi Tella back in 2007, a whole 12 years ago!!!!!
that yemi ella was very good coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 12:25am On Nov 26, 2019
komekn:

Clutching at straws and a version of events that comes entirely from the player.

A good post is a balanced one that takes into cognisance all the perspectives not just a singular one.

I personally know Michael Beale assistant manager and Gerard and l can assure you that version is VERY FAR from the truth.

There are multiple reports in the media from a duplicity of sources that detail his failings as a player at Rangers. The fans view of him included.

But you chose one by Sadiq himself, what did you expect him to say. That he was treated fairly and he failed. That's a very opinionated portrayal by the player.

One very damning example of his failings is when he played against Motherwell U23 for Rangers U23. Played the first half and was ineffective got substituted in the second half. He was replaced by 17 year old Dapo Mebude, who came on and promptly scored a hat trick. Leaving more questions asked of Sadiq.

But the worst was when they played Aberdeen in the Cup his first start for the club, he was one on one with the goalkeeper and instead of shooting he dived. He was booked. It was shameful.

At this stage he had lost the fans and lost all respect. He became a comedic character for which all manners of jokes emanated from.

It's not a right that you must play. You earn the right to play by what you do in training and in the pitch when you play.

Sadly Sadiq did neither.

I thought you said we should take media reports about a player with a pinch of salt? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 12:34am On Nov 26, 2019
Toylove:

The owner is actually a friend of Mendes and he has a stake in one of mendes's coy I think.......

But still on still , that doesn't validate that iorfa story ...if you're good you're good. Shey na Portuguese be wolves right back abi the guy way dey play right back for them is signed to Mendes agency ?....

All na coc.k and bull story jare

My thoughts exactly, thank you for this.

That man is not sincere. For the purpose of clarity, he always claims Wolves have more Portuguese players than Porto and Benfica. It's a big fat lieeeeeee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:37am On Nov 26, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he performed decently in norway which prompted udinese to sign him

Okay 20 league games and 9 goals not bad sha

Ighalo is my man anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:44am On Nov 26, 2019
Chain, I pity Ighalo sha

Let him be please oooo. The guy don kuku run for una

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:45am On Nov 26, 2019
realpoacher:

I thought you said we should take media reports about a player with a pinch of salt? undecided

When this guy wants to justify his narrative, anything goes. That's our dear komekn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:46am On Nov 26, 2019
Chidonsky:

He carried 30+ yr old players to an U-17 tourney

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:47am On Nov 26, 2019
jihday:
I don't care about Pinnick, I think he has been poor as FA chairman, but the truth is if Nigeria had fail to beat Lesotho even Rhor won't give the excuse of lack of friendly. Did Togo even play any friendly? Truth is Imama is a poor coach it's not even up for debate

Soon, I will release a carpentry list for local coaches. I'll try to be comprehensive about it. Imams is a respected coaching carpenter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:48am On Nov 26, 2019
I apologize for touring Kennedy Boboye as a potl CHAN eagles coach. Never new he was an assistant carpenter to the main carpenter himself (Imams)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:11am On Nov 26, 2019
The problem is Komekn will never rate a player until they perform in England or environs. Does football revolve around England? There are many players that have never played in England but they are still quality. Try and be more balanced. Look at Sadiq Umar's development. Not every player will thrive in every league. Umar has played in the Serie A and the Eredivisie and did well there. He did not have a great Olympic outing but still scored 4 goals from 6 matches. You cannot rubbish those performances just because he did not shine in Scotland for whatever reason.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:33am On Nov 26, 2019
Joebie:
The problem is Komekn will never rate a player until they perform in England or environs. Does football revolve around England? There are many players that have never played in England but they are still quality. Try and be more balanced. Look at Sadiq Umar's development. Not every player will thrive in every league. Umar has played in the Serie A and the Eredivisie and did well there. He did not have a great Olympic outing but still scored 4 goals from 6 matches. You cannot rubbish those performances just because he did not shine in Scotland for whatever reason.

There are many type of komekn out there , who thinks football revolves around england only

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:35am On Nov 26, 2019
Danielnino00:

The Scottish league is ranked 1 place below the Serbian league as per the 2019 UEFA coefficient ranking,so ur statement that he moved to a lower league is false . on the contrary,he upgraded himself grin
I'm sure u deliberately ignored the post by koboko that explained how Sadiq was frozen out of rangers for no reason...
if it was ur beloved Dominic Iorfa,u would have written epistles about it!

Sadiq played in the Dutch league that ranked far better than the Scottish and Serbian league and he managed 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 appearance.. ur beloved Dominic Solanke managed just 7 goals in 21 appearance in that same league,mind u..

because he wasn't given a chance at rangers doesn't make him a failure!
Your hypocritical self would tell us that Brendan Rodgers was lying when he told the press that Iheanacho has been working hard at Leicester training,but agreed with Gerrard and the rangers coaching crew that Sadiq was too woeful in training to deserve playing time with the team...

Thank you for this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:36am On Nov 26, 2019
Danielnino00:

Only Hakimi appears better than Osimhen and Chukwueze.....

I was about to say he will win it before i saw this post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:38am On Nov 26, 2019
Chidonsky:

Why wont he be good with those guys that reduced 10 years from their age

Yakubu alfa and co

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25am On Nov 26, 2019
Danielnino00:

The Scottish league is ranked 1 place below the Serbian league as per the 2019 UEFA coefficient ranking,so ur statement that he moved to a lower league is false . on the contrary,he upgraded himself grin
I'm sure u deliberately ignored the post by koboko that explained how Sadiq was frozen out of rangers for no reason...
if it was ur beloved Dominic Iorfa,u would have written epistles about it!

Sadiq played in the Dutch league that ranked far better than the Scottish and Serbian league and he managed 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 appearance.. ur beloved Dominic Solanke managed just 7 goals in 21 appearance in that same league,mind u..

because he wasn't given a chance at rangers doesn't make him a failure!
Your hypocritical self would tell us that Brendan Rodgers was lying when he told the press that Iheanacho has been working hard at Leicester training,but agreed with Gerrard and the rangers coaching crew that Sadiq was too woeful in training to deserve playing time with the team...

Increases Volume....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 26, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Why wont he be good with those guys that reduced 10 years from their age

Yakubu alfa and co
is that not the player whose wife was waiting for him at the airport with their baby? An u17 player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Philosopher1979:

REMEMBER EJIKE UZOENYI

can anybody remember ejike uzoenyi very creative player in CHAN. I am stunned he never made anything out of his career when he went to South Africa. Till today, i wonder why. He was such a dissapointment

I remember when people were debating whether to take him or Ahmed Musa to the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2019
komekn:

Sadly Sadiq did neither.

im very proud of u,u av made me proud, I knew u would never disappoint me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:14am On Nov 26, 2019
Danielnino - Your hypocritical self would tell us that Brendan Rodgers was lying when he told the press that Iheanacho has been working hard at Leicester training,but agreed with Gerrard and the rangers coaching crew that Sadiq was too woeful in training to deserve playing time with the team...

Koboko - Just so you know the Scottish league is rated number 16 and the Serbian league is at 19. According to UEFA coefficient Rangers is rated 120 while Partizan Belgrade is rated 71. So how is this dropping to a very very very low level.

Koboko - Mind you I checked the team's squad list for the past 3 seasons and there's only one Portuguese defender named Ruben Vinagre . And none of the defenders in wolves is represeted by Jorge Mendez. So why exactly is he being frozen out of the team ?
See who is calling someone a liar...Wizard of lies

Finally I dun dey open people eyes to see that boy for who/what he truly is...a cheap liar.

Now wait for his dolt praise singers to come for ur head Bkus u just committed an atrocity by showing the world who their lord truly is grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) (7784) (7785) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), damagnificentusb(m), Ppogbae, mostob(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.