Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7895) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7892) (7893) (7894) (7895) (7896) (7897) (7898) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
safarigirl:
Somebody tell these Spanish people that man already has international caps for Nigeria and has played competitively.

The Spanish citizenship would be appreciated though grin
please share Link
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Komekn must be in pains now grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Just for laughs... grin grin Kaaiii.... When you are so good you induce Nationality Amnesia in fans who think you can be available for them. grin

safarigirl:
Somebody tell these Spanish people that man already has international caps for Nigeria and has played competitively.

The Spanish citizenship would be appreciated though grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
Rockyrascal:
Chukwueze had a good game....arsenal needs such a player on their flanks.

World class nicolas pepe is at arsenal grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
ejuke will join a better team than heereveen to climb up the ladder while top teams will take a gamble on dessers if he joins and performs in any modest team in the top 3 leagues in europe. big teams going for him now will be a huge gamble though his price tag is worth the risk

dessers is currently linked with serie A surprise team of the season cagliari and if the move materializes and he sustains his current form top teams will come for him

maidaboi:
add dessers and ejike
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
ChrisKels:
Komekn must be in pains now grin grin

What pains? grin Person wey don possibly conclude say Chuks no do anything for the match since the game end 0-0... He must be preparing his analysis on Chuks' "end product" for a game he didn't even watch. grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
Humility017:

and also you don't like the way DSS beat up sowore in court and attempt to rearrest him right before the judges grin

c'mon Nigerians are getting what they deserve we all saw what the former ex military president...ObJ did to our democracy how he militarize our democrAcy and deliberately snub and violate court orders..... and some Nigerians that don't want the country's progress still went ahead to vote the current ex-military head of state.... to further weaken the democrAcy and dampen the priniciple of the rule of law....

please let's enjoy

I feel for innocent sowore

Nigerians got what they deserve for voting buhari

And i am sorry to sound rude, i wish Nigerians more woes because most of the citizens are confused and gullible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
i don't want him to near arsenal, they have pepe and saka already. both are similar to chuks.

i will love to see any of madrid,ATM or liverpool to sign him cus i believe he will do wonderfully well in any of the teams. rumor has it that he is targeted by kloop as salah's replacement next season
andrewbaba44:

World class nicolas pepe is at arsenal grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

What pains? grin Person wey don possibly conclude say Chuks no do anything for the match since the game end 0-0... He must be preparing his analysis on Chuks' "end product" for a game he didn't even watch. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

Well done very balanced and objective based analysis.

I can see Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Chelsea all fighting to get him.

And I can see Barca, Real, Bayern and co fighting to get Tammy undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I tip chukwueze to join any of Leicester, ATLETICO Madrid, Liverpool or Madrid in the future

Agreed apart from real madrid

But if he happens to join real madrid who am i? I go even happy pass you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i don't want him to near arsenal, they have pepe and saka already. both are similar to chuks.

i will love to see any of madrid,ATM or liverpool to sign him cus i believe he will do wonderfully well in any of the teams. rumor has it that he is targeted by kloop as salah's replacement next season

Good one if true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
Abusule007:
I swear to God, Ekambi is a waste product

Lol and dude was a beast in ligue 1 oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Not surprised Samu has tormented another big team as we all know he can. I did not watch the game but i do have some questions? Asides the dribbling and showmanship, how was is positioning? Did he make the right decisions like he did against Madrid? Did he make the right crosses at the right time. He does not need to score in every match but an assist would do him more favours like he against Barca or Madrid(can't remember which).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
rumor has it that madrid president admires him and likely to lunch a bid for him next summer. he may be signed as bale's replacement and with madrid style of play chuks will do well in the team.
andrewbaba44:

Agreed apart from real madrid

But if he happens to join real madrid who am i? I go even happy pass you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
Chuks is the one trending today for making Atletico players look like chickens tonight and his performance definitely spits on his 9th place rating in the Kopa Trophy for best U-21 players.... What a gem!

And ofcos La LIGA agrees... grin wink He was indeed everywhere today especially on that right and coming into the center as I saw on his game's heat-map.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
sheyishemba:
With what I've seen today jao Felix and chukweze are on the same level but the former excel more than chuks coz his teammate created alot of chances for him while the later was busy creating chances for himself.... Chuks really need a move out of villareal

If i say joao felix is overrated one mumu will come here and say nonsense, they will say andrew can brand anyone overrated, there is still time for him thou, some people think buying a player for more than 100 million is 20million

But i am still giving felix time sha , but that money is too much to purchase him

I will get back to nicolas pepe fan boys here soon, i am still giving them time, they arre quick to insult iwobi while their MCM pepe have been crappy

Na here we dey my broda

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
he has improved in his positioning, off the ball movement and passes

another thing i noticed is that he doesn't dribble unnecessarily anymore. he also tracks back now to help his team to defend.

he is truly improving
Sportilitica:

Not surprised Samu has tormented another big team as we all know he can. I did not watch the game but i do have some questions? Asides the dribbling and showmanship, how was is positioning? Did he make the right decisions like he did against Madrid? Did he make the right crosses at the right time. He does not need to score in every match but an assist would do him more favours like he against Barca or Madrid(can't remember which).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahaha.... Abeg ooo... No be Bambam of BBN 2018 oooo.... Anyway, I guess you don't know that one too... Loooolll... Bambam ko... Abeg na Bamba ooo... Hahahahahaha...

Bombom or whatever his name is shouldn't be taking penalties for Lille if he can't score.... I'm sure he is one of Chriskels boys...

I remember telling Chriskels and Andrew sometime before the AFCON that those francophone African countries having a lot of players in the French league isn't really because they are very good... It's much easier for francophone African players to enter the French league than it is for anglophone African players to enter the English league...
See how our boys are doing well in France,and they aren't even that much..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
rumor has it that madrid president admires him and likely to lunch a bid for him next summer. he may be signed as bale's replacement and with madrid style of play chuks will do well in the team.

Broda as i said i go happy pass you self, despit me not trusting madrid and barcelona when it comes to african players

Chuks should be focused and the sky is his limit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
the kid is good and looks promising but seem not to impose himself in games, also he is bullied easily off the ball

andrewbaba44:

If i say joao felix is overrated one mumu will come here and say nonsense, they will say andrew can brand anyone overrated, there is still time for him thou, some people think buying a player for more than 100 million is 20million

But i am still giving felix time sha , but that money is too much to purchase him

I will get back to nicolas pepe fan boys here soon, i am still giving them time, they arre quick to insult iwobi while their MCM pepe have been crappy

Na here we dey my broda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Liverpool bench go long oooo broda,

Highest e go steal shaqiri game time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the kid is good and looks promising but seem not to impose himself in games, also he is bullied easily off the ball

You have a point but joao felix is not playing like his transfer fee

Joao felix was bought for 126 million euros my broda

Abeg take style reason the money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
i prefer him joining madrid than barca.

barca is all about messi and he makes others look ordinary.

madrid is rebuilding which is the main reason they are targeting more of younger talents but the team i believe will suit chuks explosive style of play is liverpool
andrewbaba44:

Broda as i said i go happy pass you self, despit me not trusting madrid and barcelona when it comes to african players

Chuks should be focused and the sky is his limit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
Yes. His decision making was much better today and he would have bagged one or two assists but wetin you go do when you create chance finish and your teammates come waste am? Mehn... Chuks no go kill himself. He even single handedly left Atletico defenders for dead, and created a fine possible scoring chance for himself but his right foot failed him in the finishing moment. That was one moment, I would way shows his right foot still needs work but mehn Lad did create chances, made key passes and was not all about dribbles and runs today alone. His positioning in the final third and in his team's half is also very good as he is always available for a pass and as an attacking outlet for his team.

Here is a breakdown....

Samuel Chukwueze vs Atletico Madrid

89 minutes
34 passes
74% pass accuracy
2 key passes
6 dribbles won
2 tackles won
1 aerial won

Sportilitica:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
i won't pay 60m for him. good talent but nothing special for now
andrewbaba44:

You have a point but joao felix is not playing like his transfer fee

Joao felix was bought for 126 million euros my broda

Abeg take style reason the money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he has improved in his positioning, off the ball movement and passes

another thing i noticed is that he doesn't dribble unnecessarily anymore. he also tracks back now to help his team to defend.

he is truly improving
So happy to hear this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
komekn:

What's particularly normal about that

I really don't get it, there is division among the fans in the house and unnecessary contention.

That spills out in prejudice and open dislike against some players. Very emotive based not objective.

Then we have the issue of PERCEPTION people are mostly a product of thier environment. Some people are a product of multiple environments and some a singular environment.

I think we have different cultural dynamics at play here that are often misconstrued and perceived from different people in completely different ways.

There has been never ending abuse going Tega Abrahams way under the allegation that he Insulted and denigrated Nigeria. That's a matter of perception.

What's considered rude and disrespectful by some here will be considered as just plain speaking in other societies.

Osimhen is a super eagles player, Tammy is not .
We will always support our own ahead of others.. Tammy is still a Nigerian, but in the context of football, we don't relate with him....

Keyword: in the context of football

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i won't pay 60m for him. good talent but nothing special for now

60 million is okay for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i prefer him joining madrid than barca.

barca is all about messi and he makes others look ordinary.

madrid is rebuilding which is the main reason they are targeting more of younger talents but the team i believe will suit chuks explosive style of play is liverpool

Agreed with all what you said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. His decision making was much better today and he would have bagged one or two assists but wetin you go do when you create chance finish and your teammates come waste am? Mehn... Chuks no go kill himself. He even single handedly left Atletico defenders for dead, and created a fine possible scoring chance for himself but his right foot failed him in the finishing moment. That was one moment, I would way shows his right foot still needs work but mehn Lad did create chances, made key passes and was not all about dribbles and runs today alone. His positioning in the final third and in his team's half is also very good as he is always available for a pass and as an attacking outlet for his team.

Here is a breakdown....

Samuel Chukwueze vs Atletico Madrid

89 minutes
34 passes
74% pass accuracy
2 key passes
6 dribbles won
2 tackles won
1 aerial won

Wonderful!!! Let him keep it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
You make a very true point about the Francophone players' presence in Ligue 1. And yes, Bamba na one of Chriskel's boys. If France no call am as they did Ikone, he will likely turn out for Ivory Coast eventually... Where Chris' wife hails from. Senegal and Mali na where him concubines come from... grin

Danielnino00:

Bombom or whatever his name is shouldn't be taking penalties for Lille if he can't score.... I'm sure he is one of Chriskels boys...

I remember telling Chriskels and Andrew sometime before the AFCON that those francophone African countries having a lot of players in the French league isn't really because they are very good... It's much easier for francophone African players to enter the French league than it is for anglophone African players to enter the English league...
See how our boys are doing well in France,and they aren't even that much..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7892) (7893) (7894) (7895) (7896) (7897) (7898) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.